HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Stewart-Tarasenko VS Perron-Yakupov

View Poll Results: Which wingers do you select for the next 5+ seasons?
Stewart - Tarasenko 56 30.60%
Perron - Yakupov 127 69.40%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
  #1
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,784
vCash: 50
Stewart-Tarasenko VS Perron-Yakupov

Which wingers do you select for the next 5+ seasons?

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:26 AM
  #2
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,806
vCash: 860
The Oilers duo.

I think the gap between Yakupov and Tarasenko is bigger than the gap between Stewart and Perron.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:35 AM
  #3
Tad Mikowsky
Retired
 
Tad Mikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,517
vCash: 500
In before someone says Stewart and Tarensenko because Stewart has size.

Tad Mikowsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:52 AM
  #4
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Yak
Tarasenko
Stewart
Perron

Pretty even, so I'll go with the one with the best player, with a touch of homer.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:53 AM
  #5
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,850
vCash: 500
Stewart < Perron
Yakupov = Tarasenko

So the Oilers

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:56 AM
  #6
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ed Snider's basement
Posts: 7,667
vCash: 500
Perron Yakupov, because Chris Stewart sucks.

eklunds source is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:18 PM
  #7
The Note
Expectations: Low
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: STL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Stewart < Perron
Yakupov = Tarasenko

So the Oilers
That's not true. Stewart gets way to much flak for one really bad season.

The Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:23 PM
  #8
96
Esq.
 
96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,753
vCash: 500
Yakupov
Tarasenko
Stewart/Perron

I guess I'd take Yakupov and Perron.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:11 PM
  #9
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,646
vCash: 500
Stewart>Perron
Yakupov>Tarasenko

Hard not to go with the duo with a former 1st overall pick though. Blues fan saying Oilers duo.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:14 PM
  #10
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Note View Post
That's not true. Stewart gets way to much flak for one really bad season.
Agree with this, but I got to go with the homer vote

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 03:38 PM
  #11
BlueDream
Registered User
 
BlueDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 6,735
vCash: 500
Chris Stewart is better than David Perron. Anyone who says otherwise is just clinging onto hope and not the facts about what they have done in their careers.

However, Yakupov is better than Tarasenko and gives the Oilers the edge.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:09 PM
  #12
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ed Snider's basement
Posts: 7,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Chris Stewart is better than David Perron. Anyone who says otherwise is just clinging onto hope and not the facts about what they have done in their careers.
That's pretty blatantly false and I can use facts, not just claim that anyone who disagrees is clinging to hope..

Any forward who has played a notable amount of minutes with Chris Stewart has performed worse. They've allowed more shots against, taken less shots for, scored less goals, and been on the ice for more goals against.

Perron has the opposite effect; he drives puck possession and improves his teammates.

I'd love to hear why you think Stewart is better..

eklunds source is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:11 PM
  #13
duul
Registered User
 
duul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 50
Yakupov

Tarasenko

Stewart
Perron

Somewhat close but you have to take the Oilers duo because of Yakupov, he is something special.

duul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 04:53 PM
  #14
avsman
Registered User
 
avsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
That's pretty blatantly false and I can use facts, not just claim that anyone who disagrees is clinging to hope..

Any forward who has played a notable amount of minutes with Chris Stewart has performed worse. They've allowed more shots against, taken less shots for, scored less goals, and been on the ice for more goals against.

Perron has the opposite effect; he drives puck possession and improves his teammates.

I'd love to hear why you think Stewart is better..
Stastny.

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:08 PM
  #15
Leafs21
Registered User
 
Leafs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
The one with Yak. Watched an amazing highlight clip of him with the oilers this year and can't wait to see him keep improving

Leafs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:23 PM
  #16
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,426
vCash: 50
Tarasenko was playing at Yakupov's level prior to his concussion. If he rebounds like I think he will...

Yak = Tarasenko
Stewart > Perron

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:26 PM
  #17
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,806
vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Tarasenko was playing at Yakupov's level prior to his concussion. If he rebounds like I think he will...

Yak = Tarasenko
Stewart > Perron
Yakupov is a full 26 months younger, and produces more points and points per game on a lower scoring team.

Yakupov > Tarasenko pretty easily, IMO. And I'm a fan of neither team.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:37 PM
  #18
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ed Snider's basement
Posts: 7,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Yakupov is a full 26 months younger, and produces more points and points per game on a lower scoring team.

Yakupov > Tarasenko pretty easily, IMO. And I'm a fan of neither team.
For every scoring chance that Yakupov helped create, he was responsible for two going the other way. I'd take Yakupov moving forward, but just because he outscored Tarasenko doesn't mean he was a better player.

eklunds source is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:38 PM
  #19
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ed Snider's basement
Posts: 7,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsman View Post
Stastny.
Jimmy Buffett.

What?

eklunds source is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:40 PM
  #20
Inglorious Backes
In Hitch We Trust
 
Inglorious Backes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Two thoughts.

1. Granted I didn't see Yak play a lot this past year, but I don't think the gap between Yak and Tarasenko is nearly as wide as some people think. People might have forgotten but Tarasenko was electric the first few weeks of the season and was the early Calder front-runner before his concussion. Give him top 6 minutes and more PP time and I think he could really flourish.

2. Stewart and Perron are both enigmas who have driven Blues fans crazy recently. Stewart is a 30 goal guy if paired with the right center, which he hasn't had since Stasny. Perron is a high skill guy with low hockey IQ who doesn't make his teammates better. Really overrated in my book.


Very close in my book, good poll. As a homer I took Tank/Stewart

Inglorious Backes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:32 PM
  #21
B A T M A N*
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 500


Yakuppov is so underrated it's not even funny, while Tarasenko is hilariously overrated. I'd bet that from this point onward, Tarasenko never outscores Yakupov.

B A T M A N* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:00 PM
  #22
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ed Snider's basement
Posts: 7,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A T M A N View Post


Yakuppov is so underrated it's not even funny, while Tarasenko is hilariously overrated. I'd bet that from this point onward, Tarasenko never outscores Yakupov.
I'd also wager pretty strongly that next year Yakupov finishes significantly in the red for goals for/against and shots for/against. He's offensively talented and creative but he's also a trainwreck in his own end and the Oilers are effectively killing a 5v4.

eklunds source is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:04 PM
  #23
Izzy
Moderator
FollowmeonInstagram!
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,418
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Stewart < Perron
Yakupov = Tarasenko

So the Oilers
Nope. Theres a chance that may change, but that is definitely wrong.

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:05 PM
  #24
Toydarian
Registered User
 
Toydarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
For every scoring chance that Yakupov helped create, he was responsible for two going the other way. I'd take Yakupov moving forward, but just because he outscored Tarasenko doesn't mean he was a better player.
That is quite the hyperbole.

Considering the pedigree of 1st overall picks and first season production, Yakupov looks like he could become one of the best goal scorers in the West.

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:47 PM
  #25
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
I'd also wager pretty strongly that next year Yakupov finishes significantly in the red for goals for/against and shots for/against. He's offensively talented and creative but he's also a trainwreck in his own end and the Oilers are effectively killing a 5v4.
You only watched the first 20 games or so. Yakupov completely turned it around in the second half of the season. He was still a below average player defensively, but not the 2 goals against per goal for/effectively killing a 5v4 bs you guys are throwing out.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.