HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL: Bye bye, Lavy!

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Burgs

vCash: 500
If I was the Devils I'd demand my 1st round pick back unless the league takes action against Ottawa's cap circumvention as well. In both cases the player in question is gone with no return, so why should the Sens get off with a shrug while Jersey was made an example of?

Old
08-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
I'm getting a bit of a Jagr vibe from this whole Alfredsson situation.

It's really weird to see him taking digs at the Sens.
Yeah that was a pretty strange thing to say.

Old
08-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
If I was the Devils I'd demand my 1st round pick back unless the league takes action against Ottawa's cap circumvention as well. In both cases the player in question is gone with no return, so why should the Sens get off with a shrug while Jersey was made an example of?
Because there's no proof they tried to circumvent other than Alfy's word. He played out his contract.

Old
08-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

I feel bad for Giroux

Old
08-16-2013, 09:03 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Dollars to doughnuts he got pissed and smashed his club into the ground or a tree or something. Golf clubs don't just shatter in your hands from taking a normal swing. Unless he's really horrible at golf and dug too deep a divot on a hard swing or something. Even then it's more likely it would just snap in two.

It seems Roo still has some emotional issues to work through. Poor Roo. Luckily Hartnell wasn't there or he would've solved the problem by amputating the finger.

Old
08-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Dollars to doughnuts he got pissed and smashed his club into the ground or a tree or something. Golf clubs don't just shatter in your hands from taking a normal swing. Unless he's really horrible at golf and dug too deep a divot on a hard swing or something. Even then it's more likely it would just snap in two.

It seems Roo still has some emotional issues to work through. Poor Roo.
Yeah I call bull**** on that story.

"Giroux's father Raymond told Le Droit, a Gatineau, Quebec newspaper, that Claude hit a ball and the club broke in two; one piece flew in the air then landed on his hand and cut him."

So he hit a ball and the club flew into two pieces and one piece magically flew straight up in the air and landed on his hand? I have played golf for many years and shafts don't just break like that. Even if the shaft did snap in half at impact, the piece likely would have flown forward. I've lost a few clubheads on a crappy set of irons but the clubhead flies down the fairway, not backwards into my hand.

Old
08-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

He has a history I'm told...

Old
08-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Rectify
I HAVE A JOB!!

I file this under the "Crosby news act of 2013", the fact he got hurt I guess makes it more discussable. Honestly, who cares if he got angry and smashed his club? He will be ready for the season opener, thats all that matters for the Flyers.

Old
08-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
That's what he says, at least.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...lf_injury.html

I think him being super awful at golf is a funnier story than being a rageaholic, so I'm choosing that one to believe.

Old
08-16-2013, 02:06 PM
HuskerTornado
Jobu Needs Rum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post

"Giroux's father Raymond told Le Droit, a Gatineau, Quebec newspaper, that Claude hit a ball and the club broke in two; one piece flew in the air then landed on his hand and cut him."

So he hit a ball and the club flew into two pieces and one piece magically flew straight up in the air and landed on his hand? I have played golf for many years and shafts don't just break like that. Even if the shaft did snap in half at impact, the piece likely would have flown forward. I've lost a few clubheads on a crappy set of irons but the clubhead flies down the fairway, not backwards into my hand.
This sounds like it belongs in the Seinfeld episode about the magic loogie.

Old
08-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
That's what he says, at least.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...lf_injury.html

I think him being super awful at golf is a funnier story than being a rageaholic, so I'm choosing that one to believe.
OK... well that comment is more plausible than the quote allegedly from his Dad. Sounds like the Full Rossi disease is infecting other writers at NHL.com and Quebec.********, causing them not to get direct quotes first before writing a story.

I still think he's a little angry though. It's been a frustrating couple years for Roo.

Old
08-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
This sounds like it belongs in the Seinfeld episode about the magic loogie.

There was a second spitter.

Old
08-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Aliens... alien spitter.

Old
08-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
On what grounds would you do anything to Ottawa? They signed a player who played out his entire contract. And it was a 4 year deal given to a 35+ player who's salary would have still counted against the cap had he retired early versus a 938475 year deal where the cap hit would have disappeared had he retired early.

Old
08-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Burgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
On what grounds would you do anything to Ottawa? They signed a player who played out his entire contract. And it was a 4 year deal given to a 35+ player who's salary would have still counted against the cap had he retired early versus a 938475 year deal where the cap hit would have disappeared had he retired early.
Intent to circumvent the cap, as stated by Alfredsson. The Devils were nailed for the same thing, no one could've known without a doubt whether Kovalchuk would've played out the contract or not. I mean, of course everyone knew but there's just as little proof - and nobody admitting to it - as with the Sens deal. Both contracts are moot now, too, but the Devils still lost their pick. Not that they shouldn't have, mind you.

I had forgotten it was a 35+ contract though. In that case Alfie's statement makes no real sense. Unless he wanted to take one last parting shot at the team, he seems to blame them for not giving him enough money.

Old
08-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Intent to circumvent the cap, as stated by Alfredsson. The Devils were nailed for the same thing, no one could've known without a doubt whether Kovalchuk would've played out the contract or not. I mean, of course everyone knew but there's just as little proof - and nobody admitting to it - as with the Sens deal. Both contracts are moot now, too, but the Devils still lost their pick. Not that they shouldn't have, mind you.

I had forgotten it was a 35+ contract though. In that case Alfie's statement makes no real sense. Unless he wanted to take one last parting shot at the team, he seems to blame them for not giving him enough money.
The length of the deal and the fact that it was 35+ completely destroys the notion that it was a punishable contract imo. He had a cheaper deal because of that last year, but taking a discount is not cap circumvention.

Old
08-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Burgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
The length of the deal and the fact that it was 35+ completely destroys the notion that it was a punishable contract imo.
Of course, the 35+ thing prevents any cap benefit they could've gotten from the contract. It's rather unlikely Bryan Murray forgot about that rule. He's no Paul Holmgren.

Old
08-16-2013, 05:58 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post

First thing I thought of....

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
08-17-2013, 04:14 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

The Flyers are trying to get their fans to watch the rink get painted for this season to set the record for most people watching paint dry.

Still more exciting than watching an actual Flyers game. Hey!

Old
08-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Beauner

vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoPuntzJones View Post
The Flyers are trying to get their fans to watch the rink get painted for this season to set the record for most people watching paint dry.

Old
08-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Quote:

FOILED! I thought this one would slip under the radar.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...130426090.html

Philadelphia Flyers: Champions of Dried Paint

Old
08-21-2013, 01:38 PM
BHD
Go drive places now!

Giroux is hurt? Blame it on Crosby!

Old
08-22-2013, 02:56 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Douglas Murray signed with Montreal.

Old
08-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Coach Travis
Back2Back!!!

Quote:
Douglas Murray signed with Montreal.
$1.5M. God, that's a good signing.

Old
08-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
$1.5M. God, that's a good signing.
its about right for a guy that should never leave the 3rd pairing.

Closed Thread