HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Antoine Roussel

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2013, 05:53 PM
  #51
haf
Registered User
 
haf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
He's a tweener. On average he's just going to look like a good fourth liner, give the team some energy, get them motivated, stand up for teammates. On good days he's going to look like a prime Steve Ott.
Exactly this. If only prime Steve Ott had been more prime Steve Ott.

haf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 06:07 PM
  #52
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,038
vCash: 500
Steve Ott brings much more offense than Roussel ever will. He is good for maybe 10 goals a season.

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 09:23 PM
  #53
Nullus Reverentia
Registered User
 
Nullus Reverentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Periphery
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 17,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Steve Ott brings much more offense than Roussel ever will. He is good for maybe 10 goals a season.
On average yes he did but Roussel will have games where he looks like Ott did at his offensive best. Roussel can really turn his game up a notch at times.

Most fourth liners won't have more than a couple games a year where they look like more than fourth liners. In an 82 game schedule, I'd probably say Roussel will have 30-40 games where he looks like a third liner or better. Maybe 5-10 games where he looks like a top six player.

Nullus Reverentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 09:35 PM
  #54
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Stockholm South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
On average yes he did but Roussel will have games where he looks like Ott did at his offensive best. Roussel can really turn his game up a notch at times.

Most fourth liners won't have more than a couple games a year where they look like more than fourth liners. In an 82 game schedule, I'd probably say Roussel will have 30-40 games where he looks like a third liner or better. Maybe 5-10 games where he looks like a top six player.
when ott put up points, it usually looked more like luck to me. roussel seems to have far better speed, and, as odd as it sounds, offensive instincts. i'd put a decent wager on him beating out ott for career points in the nhl.

eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 10:05 PM
  #55
aloonda*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ABC
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eartotheground View Post
when ott put up points, it usually looked more like luck to me. roussel seems to have far better speed, and, as odd as it sounds, offensive instincts. i'd put a decent wager on him beating out ott for career points in the nhl.

I hope so

aloonda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2013, 10:44 PM
  #56
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!
 
Mr Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eartotheground View Post
when ott put up points, it usually looked more like luck to me. roussel seems to have far better speed, and, as odd as it sounds, offensive instincts. i'd put a decent wager on him beating out ott for career points in the nhl.
I will take that internet bet for sure. When Steve Ott is on your 3rd line, your team is a cup contender. When Roussel is on your 3rd line your team has an injury crisis.

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2013, 10:31 AM
  #57
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Stockholm South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
I will take that internet bet for sure. When Steve Ott is on your 3rd line, your team is a cup contender. When Roussel is on your 3rd line your team has an injury crisis.
gah. i just looked up stats for freaking steve ott and antoine roussell. good grief.

ppg are close.. ott with a slight edge.. .395 vs .345.

ott is 31, roussel 23. roussell would need 231 points in the next 7 years to match ott's current total. 33 pts a year.

maybe i won't put a huge wager on that, but... it's possible. maybe i'm not looking at it clearly because i can't stand ott.

eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 07:18 AM
  #58
Habstract
Registered User
 
Habstract's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 833
vCash: 500
Simply love the guy... Great to see all the responsibility he now has on the team. Thanks guys.

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 01:43 PM
  #59
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 5,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eartotheground View Post
gah. i just looked up stats for freaking steve ott and antoine roussell. good grief.

ppg are close.. ott with a slight edge.. .395 vs .345.

ott is 31, roussel 23. roussell would need 231 points in the next 7 years to match ott's current total. 33 pts a year.

maybe i won't put a huge wager on that, but... it's possible. maybe i'm not looking at it clearly because i can't stand ott.
To be fair to you look at their average TOI. Ott gets way more minutes, including power play and he plays up Buffalo's lineup in addition to playing wing for Ribiero for several years. Roussel is never going to get ice time or linemates like that, no offense to Eakin or Garbutt. Right now he's playing 5-6+ minutes less per game. Therein lies the difficulty but I think Roussel can improve and more copy Garbutt's style to shoot everything and produce more points. He's a 25-35 pt/season guy and there's great value in that from a bottom six player which Ott is no longer being played like.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 09:09 PM
  #60
aloonda*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ABC
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,759
vCash: 500
roussel is the better player right now

aloonda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 08:22 PM
  #61
aloonda*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ABC
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,759
vCash: 500
with the rooster starting to take more and more faceoffs----could he end up being our 4th line center? he has the speed and two way effort to play our 4th line ?/???????

aloonda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 06:32 PM
  #62
KiedisA
Registered User
 
KiedisA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Northern Marianas
Posts: 842
vCash: 500
Sign him up long-term.. He's going to be that guy who'll score big goals in the playoffs, is already a fan favorite and who the other teams will hate for us having...

He's showed that he has the discipline to back down when needed but there have been games where he has stepped up and him and his line has been the difference. With Garbutt his contribution has gone up and this season has only been his first full-length in the NHL. In a year or two he will be a elite 3rd-4th liner in this league.

KiedisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:59 AM
  #63
Sports
Registered User
 
Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 2,227
vCash: 500
I don't know if this has been posted, but here.

A bunch of interviews and behind the scenes stuff.

Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 01:53 PM
  #64
piqued
Registered User
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 28,522
vCash: 3722
Oh my God that intro. I can imagine the pitch, "OK, so we're going to have you shoot pucks at cans on a fence in a field with a cowboy hat on..."

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 02:00 PM
  #65
Klockis
Our old-man savior
 
Klockis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,512
vCash: 1075
"Core of guys between age 24-25". Nill has already given up on Seguin. Nice trade.

Klockis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 02:43 PM
  #66
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin
 
oconnor9sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Austin/Fort Worth
Country: United States
Posts: 4,460
vCash: 500
That video was awesome.

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 03:06 PM
  #67
aisforaaron83
Registered User
 
aisforaaron83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
that was a great video.

aisforaaron83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 03:46 PM
  #68
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 16,613
vCash: 500
Very cool video. Would like to know what Robidas was saying in his interviews.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 04:18 PM
  #69
piqued
Registered User
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 28,522
vCash: 3722
I try not to talk about Roussel because I know everyone loves him except me, but those types of interactions with the officials are exactly the kind of thing I was afraid of and suspected from a distance. It's a throwback to the rotten culture we had with Morrow/Ribs/Ott and the lack of respect for officials that ultimately works against the club. He can sign as many autographs as he wants, I really don't care. Also the fact that Nill describes him as being part of the core makes me uneasy about Nill's judgment. If Roussel goes down the Ott road how long will it take to decouple him from the team?

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 04:19 PM
  #70
Bkennedy*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
I try not to talk about Roussel because I know everyone loves him except me, but those types of interactions with the officials are exactly the kind of thing I was afraid of and suspected from a distance. It's a throwback to the rotten culture we had with Morrow/Ribs/Ott and the lack of respect for officials that ultimately works against the club. He can sign as many autographs as he wants, I really don't care. Also the fact that Nill describes him as being part of the core makes me uneasy about Nill's judgment.
Literally any GM in the league would want a player just like him and describe him in the exact same manner.

Bkennedy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 04:20 PM
  #71
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 16,613
vCash: 500
I think you can have one guy like that without it really hurting the team too much. There's a difference between your captains leading the *****-fest and your second year checking line player.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 04:21 PM
  #72
piqued
Registered User
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 28,522
vCash: 3722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkennedy View Post
Literally any GM in the league would want a player just like him and describe him in the exact same manner.
So literally 30 GMs would describe Antoine Roussel as a core player. Okay.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 04:24 PM
  #73
Bkennedy*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
So literally 30 GMs would describe Antoine Roussel as a core player. Okay.
Easily. I think you're taking the word core in too much of a literal sense. I don't think GMJN2.0 actually thinks he's a player you want to build around. More so that he's a very quality bottom line guy that you're going to want to keep as long as humanly possible.

Bkennedy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 08:56 PM
  #74
aloonda*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ABC
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
I try not to talk about Roussel because I know everyone loves him except me, but those types of interactions with the officials are exactly the kind of thing I was afraid of and suspected from a distance. It's a throwback to the rotten culture we had with Morrow/Ribs/Ott and the lack of respect for officials that ultimately works against the club. He can sign as many autographs as he wants, I really don't care. Also the fact that Nill describes him as being part of the core makes me uneasy about Nill's judgment. If Roussel goes down the Ott road how long will it take to decouple him from the team?

bull

every cutaway to lindy or nill they talk about the fine line

they know what it is


rooster crossed it against the dumaaaaaaaa refs in the carolina game---so what? ott went full on idiot way more than that

rooster is a good dude that gets fired up---treats people right, plays his ass off

i want him on this team, for a long long damn time

aloonda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 08:57 PM
  #75
aloonda*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ABC
Country: Djibouti
Posts: 1,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkennedy View Post
Easily. I think you're taking the word core in too much of a literal sense. I don't think GMJN2.0 actually thinks he's a player you want to build around. More so that he's a very quality bottom line guy that you're going to want to keep as long as humanly possible.
he's a much better cleary in nill's eyes

every team needs role players----for his role, we have one of the best

aloonda* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.