HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Who looks good at Prospects Camp?

Old
07-13-2013, 07:32 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Just being an agitator doesn't get you to the nhl though. He is competitive but he doesn't have that slight offensive ability to warrant a second round pick,that being said detroits scouting is far superior then mine so we will see.
I think you'll see in the coming years how important agitators will be in the NHL.

sully61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:24 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Just curious what did the wings see in Tyler bertuzzi?
Production isn't there doesn't have skill and he is also a god aweful fighter watched 6 videos he lost all of them including against maata
The majority of those were from his rookie year. He was 5'9" and like 150 lbs soaking wet. As a Storm fan we were more surprised he was fighting the guys that he did.

Didn't really fight much his second year (assuming he toned back because of his neck issue) but he sure seems okay now. It's always been more about agitating then it is fighting for Bert.

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 01:02 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

A buddy of mine was at the camp and said Frk, Mantha, Sproul, Glendening, and Babcock all stood out. Babcock by his speed obviously. Also said helm looked great. Again he was up against junior aged players though.

sully61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

New impressions from Malik. http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments...velopment-camp

Check this one out:
Quote:
#74 Marc McNulty: Baby-faced defenseman, overpowered easily, bumped around, holds his own, has a good shot and passes well, and then you find out that this 6’6” kid who may way 175 pounds has wheels like frickin’ Athanasiou at times. It’s just remarkable, because it doesn’t happen too often, but when he gets on his high horse, he absoutely flies, and for a big man, that’s baffling. Sunday was one of those, “Did I just see what I think I saw?” days.

Long story short: Big defenseman with top-four potential…Based upon four days of viewing. And some ridiculous wheels.

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:27 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Doubtful

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Townsend Beasley
Mission to Civilize

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
Doubtful
Word, gramps.

Townsend Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Doubtful
What's doubtful? If you're talking about Malik's impression of McNulty, I don't see what's to doubt. Are you doubting Malik's ability to tell how fast people are moving?

Old
07-15-2013, 01:05 AM
InjuredChoker

If Malik's scouting report are to be believed, Wings have the best prospect pool in NHL.

AINEC.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:23 AM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
If Malik's scouting report are to be believed, Wings have the best prospect pool in NHL.

AINEC.
We're looking at a minimum three-peat.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:37 AM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Quote:

AINEC.
And?

To be fair, Malik and Lindeneau (Lindy on twitter?) are the only real reports were are getting out of Development Camp. You just have to learn to put on your Malik-filters. Whatever he writes, just dial it down a notch. I've learned he exaggerates a lot of the positive aspects of certain prospects (even all of them) and is pretty reasonable with the weaknesses.

If you can do better, just go to Traverse City and write your own damn reports

Last edited by ProPAIN: 07-15-2013 at 05:12 AM.
ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 06:13 AM
Johnz96

vCash: 511
Quote:

AINEC.
The Wings do have one of the best prospect pools in the NHL.

Johnz96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 06:33 AM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Doubtful
Took the words straight out of me.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 06:34 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Doubtful
What are we doubting?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 06:47 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
What are we doubting?
We are doubting that he isn't biased.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 06:53 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Is that what CB is doubting? Because it's not clear.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Hendricks433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
New impressions from Malik. http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments...velopment-camp

Check this one out:#74 Marc McNulty: Baby-faced defenseman, overpowered easily, bumped around, holds his own, has a good shot and passes well, and then you find out that this 6’6” kid who may way 175 pounds has wheels like frickin’ Athanasiou at times. It’s just remarkable, because it doesn’t happen too often, but when he gets on his high horse, he absoutely flies, and for a big man, that’s baffling. Sunday was one of those, “Did I just see what I think I saw?” days.

Long story short: Big defenseman with top-four potential…Based upon four days of viewing. And some ridiculous wheels.
He is overpowered easily, gets bumped around but holds his own? He cant spell weigh correctly?

Its hard for me to read Malik and really trust what he is saying.

What is every one doubting though? Speed is the one thing I would trust since that is easily comparable to other players.

Hendricks433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:21 AM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
#39 Anthony Mantha: I'm not allowed to tell you where I heard it, but I heard someone say that he's "*#$%@& soft," and I could see where that criticism came from. When there's a scoring opportunity, or there's a way for him to get the puck to the net, the frickin' giant-bodied, huge-wingspanned Mantha blossoms into a flurry of excitement, enthusiasm, hard work, remarkably deft skating for a man of his size and a sniper rifle of a wrist or snap or backhand shot. He's a good playmaker, too, and he can stand up to physical punishment.

But when the puck's not in scoring position, or he isn't, he looks like a 6'4," 170-pound kid with a smiley face drawn on his left glove (seriousy). His natural scoring ability is second only to Frk's, his creativity and enthusiasm are excellent, but his "compete" level away from a scoring position can be good and it can make him look like a boy in a giant's body.
I don't know if this is good or bad. I get really lost trying to understand some of his work.

Old
07-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Janmark-Nylen, 20, said he hasn’t spoken to the Wings yet about where he might play next season. He scored 14 goals and 17 assists for 31 points in 55 games last season for AIK in the Swedish Elite League.

Former Red Wings prospect Daniel Larsson was AIK’s goaltender.

“In the beginning, I started on the fourth line,” Janmark-Nylen said of his time with AIK. “In the end, I was mostly a first-liner. I hope to be a top-six forward this year, if I’m going back.
Interesting. Maybe Janmark to GR?

Old
07-15-2013, 08:23 AM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendricks433 View Post
He is overpowered easily, gets bumped around but holds his own? He cant spell weigh correctly?

Its hard for me to read Malik and really trust what he is saying.

What is every one doubting though? Speed is the one thing I would trust since that is easily comparable to other players.
Because being 6'6 with an elite top speed would get you drafted much higher. It may be good for his size, but as fast as AA? I hope it's true but that sounds really doubtful.

Old
07-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
We shouldn't. The guy says himself that he's biased and usually reminds people of it every time he does impressions of players.

Old
07-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Interesting. Maybe Janmark to GR?
Better spread the "organizational minutes" going back to Sweden, if he will get TOP6 minutes there. Griffins TOP6 center minutes will go to Järnkrok and Sheahan. Ferraro is the spare part for them if either one gets called in NHL or injured.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Final batch of Malik impressions: http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments...velopment-camp

Old
07-15-2013, 09:05 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
I like reading some of Malik's stuff, but he needs to learn how to get to the freaking point. Dude loves to use 200 words when 10 will do just fine. He also loves making a huge fuss over almost every prospect.

Kinda like RWC - they used to put stuff like "longshot depth defenseman" in their "RWC Says" section for undrafted signees that are 5'9 and can't skate. Now, everybody is a "Sniper" or a "Power Play Quarterback" or a "Skilled Playmaker" or a "Starting Goaltender". Most of these guys will bust, folks. Even the ones that look really, really good right now.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I like reading some of Malik's stuff, but he needs to learn how to get to the freaking point. Dude loves to use 200 words when 10 will do just fine. He also loves making a huge fuss over almost every prospect.

Kinda like RWC - they used to put stuff like "longshot depth defenseman" in their "RWC Says" section for undrafted signees that are 5'9 and can't skate. Now, everybody is a "Sniper" or a "Power Play Quarterback" or a "Skilled Playmaker" or a "Starting Goaltender". Most of these guys will bust, folks. Even the ones that look really, really good right now.
Most of the total prospect pool will bust. But it's not the case that most of the upper-end part of the pool will bust entirely. Of course, that's going into exactly what you mean by "bust." or "most," for that matter.

Old
07-15-2013, 09:48 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
What's doubtful? If you're talking about Malik's impression of McNulty, I don't see what's to doubt. Are you doubting Malik's ability to tell how fast people are moving?
The likelihood that Malik is accurate when he says 6'6 McNulty looks like "frickin' Athanasiou" is very doubtful.

I don't doubt or not doubt Malik's ability to tell how fast people are moving.

I doubt his ability to refrain for exaggerating about it.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote