HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2013-14 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Erick*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
his hate for everyone is permeating every thread.
It's sort of like you with Dineen.

Old
01-05-2014, 08:40 PM
zeroG

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
It's sort of like you with Dineen.
no, not really.

Old
01-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Erick*

Quote:
no, not really.
K, whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:47 PM
RampageNate
HFB Partner

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
I expect our future elite goalie to not have a goals allowed average nearing 3 in his fourth year in the AHL.

Markstrom is becoming like a hot girl who thinks that all guys are *******s. It's everyone's fault but his. I'm sure Tallon and company are pretty disappointed by his regression this year.
I think you are severely underestimating how much of a tire fire this Rampage team is. Their top offensive weapons right now are Wade Megan and Ryan Whitney.

On defense, Gilroy, Whitney, Robak, and Lee are turnover machines that play almost no defense whatsoever. Janik is coming back from offseason surgery and Caruso is what he is. A middling AHL D-man. When Dennis Urban is your best option on the blue line, you've got problems.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:49 PM
RampageNate
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam76 View Post
Trying to do to much?
I think that's partly true. I have a feeling he's also been playing hurt the last few weeks. Early in the season, his skating could make up for his mistakes. Now, he's lost a step and he can't cover them up any more.

Given the state of the team, I'd sit him for two weeks and let him get well.

Old
01-05-2014, 10:56 PM
zeroG

Quote:
K, whatever makes you sleep better at night.
a nice back massage would help me sleep better at night.

Old
01-06-2014, 07:34 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
I think you are severely underestimating how much of a tire fire this Rampage team is. Their top offensive weapons right now are Wade Megan and Ryan Whitney.

On defense, Gilroy, Whitney, Robak, and Lee are turnover machines
that play almost no defense whatsoever. Janik is coming back from offseason surgery and Caruso is what he is. A middling AHL D-man. When Dennis Urban is your best option on the blue line, you've got problems.
Why do you think we sent Gilroy and Whitney down to you guys? But seriously, I didn't realize the team was in such bad shape. Do you sense any kind of coaching or personnel changes coming and/or has Santos made any comments about such things?

Old
01-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Haj
#CatsAreComing

Quote:

On defense, Gilroy, Whitney, Robak, and Lee are turnover machines that play almost no defense whatsoever. Janik is coming back from offseason surgery and Caruso is what he is. A middling AHL D-man. When Dennis Urban is your best option on the blue line, you've got problems.

Hey RampageNate,

I was wondering what the factors are that are contributing to the Rampage's slide:

Loss of Horacheck ?
Best players being called up to Panthers because of NHL injuries ? Petrovic, Shore ?
Lots of road games/back to back games ?

Has there been any talk of San Antonio or Florida making any moves to make the team better/add depth ?

Old
01-06-2014, 11:52 AM
RampageNate
HFB Partner

The team hovered right around .500 under Horachek but were exciting as hell to watch. Under Rowe, that carried over for the first couple of weeks but went downhill very fast. I think he has come in and completely changed playing style and system. Most games, the offense looks clueless and the defense even more so. It's seriously like watching a drop in hockey team. In a 9 minute stretch on Friday night, the Rampage completed zero passes out of their own zone. Passes were either nowhere near the intended target or were easily broken up by a Baron's forechecker.

Also, the PK has gone from around 7th in the league under Horachek to 26th. They are passive and allow the other team to make any pass they want until they find their shot.

Losing Petro and Shore isn't helping, but they were struggling mightily even with those guys here. I think a lot of guys haven't bought in to Rowe's (lack of) system and the effort shows it.

The home/road splits do have a lot to do with it as well. They are just 3-14-0-2 on the road. They play the next 9 out of 10 at home before heading out on their 10 game rodeo road trip. They are going to need to rattle of 7 or 8 wins in those home games to have any chance at sneaking into the playoffs.

Old
01-06-2014, 12:06 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
The team hovered right around .500 under Horachek but were exciting as hell to watch. Under Rowe, that carried over for the first couple of weeks but went downhill very fast. I think he has come in and completely changed playing style and system. Most games, the offense looks clueless and the defense even more so. It's seriously like watching a drop in hockey team. In a 9 minute stretch on Friday night, the Rampage completed zero passes out of their own zone. Passes were either nowhere near the intended target or were easily broken up by a Baron's forechecker.

Also, the PK has gone from around 7th in the league under Horachek to 26th. They are passive and allow the other team to make any pass they want until they find their shot.

Losing Petro and Shore isn't helping, but they were struggling mightily even with those guys here. I think a lot of guys haven't bought in to Rowe's (lack of) system and the effort shows it.

The home/road splits do have a lot to do with it as well. They are just 3-14-0-2 on the road. They play the next 9 out of 10 at home before heading out on their 10 game rodeo road trip. They are going to need to rattle of 7 or 8 wins in those home games to have any chance at sneaking into the playoffs.

Old
01-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Haj
#CatsAreComing

Quote:

Thanks for the commentary. It seems to suggest that Rowe doesn't want to adapt his system to fit his personnel. Does he have the interim tag attached to his title ?

Would Horacheck happily go back to SA if the Panthers hired a new head coach next year ?

Old
01-06-2014, 02:27 PM
zeroG

Quote:
i'm sure rowe hasn't changed anything. why would he? when horachek came to the panthers, i said that the biggest difference wouldn't be systems (highly overrated reason for fans) but rather how he runs practice - the pace and the attention paid to the little fundamental details. longer term, the cultural stuff he's picked up through his career will have an impact but shorter term, it's all about practice. you play like you practice and if you practice slow and sloppy and/or if the basics aren't there or aren't properly attended to, it'll show in the games. it did for the panthers.

it's not surprising that the team would gradually taper off if the new coach isn't able to keep that focus up. not sure about rowe's history but it could be a sign that he's not a good fit for HC at this level or maybe it's taking him some time to find his own style. do you have access to any of the players to get their take?

Old
01-06-2014, 03:31 PM
RampageNate
HFB Partner

Quote:
i'm sure rowe hasn't changed anything. why would he? when horachek came to the panthers, i said that the biggest difference wouldn't be systems (highly overrated reason for fans) but rather how he runs practice - the pace and the attention paid to the little fundamental details. longer term, the cultural stuff he's picked up through his career will have an impact but shorter term, it's all about practice. you play like you practice and if you practice slow and sloppy and/or if the basics aren't there or aren't properly attended to, it'll show in the games. it did for the panthers.

it's not surprising that the team would gradually taper off if the new coach isn't able to keep that focus up. not sure about rowe's history but it could be a sign that he's not a good fit for HC at this level or maybe it's taking him some time to find his own style. do you have access to any of the players to get their take?
I'm typically not able to make it to practices (stupid job) but I will definitely ask a couple players tomorrow after the game (which I will be live tweeting BTW /endplug).

Old
01-07-2014, 09:07 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Worms, Bjugs, P

Rampage have activated the special teams tonight 5-5 on the PK and getting 2(?) PP goals. So far Butler with a goal, Robak with 1+1, MacFarland with 1.

4-1 in the 3rd for the Rampage.

Bad news is Trocheck left the game with an injury.

Old
01-07-2014, 09:16 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Worms, Bjugs, P

Rout mode activated now.
Trocheck back and feeds Gilroy for another

5-1 Rampage. 4(!!!) PPGs

Old
01-07-2014, 09:24 PM
FlaPanthers11
#CatsAreComing

Markstrom in shutdown mode.

But on a serious note gave up a goal in the first two minutes and has been solid since. Having one of his best games on his current trip. Need some consistency though.

Old
01-07-2014, 09:30 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Worms, Bjugs, P

Rampage win, and dominate the special teams. 4-6 on the PP with 5-5 on the PK. Markstrom stops 27/28

Old
01-07-2014, 10:43 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Worms, Bjugs, P

http://youtu.be/h5NF3f94lSU

Highlights. Markstrom sporting new pads and lid. Sweet steal & snipe by Butler and a nice set up by Trocheck to Gilroy.

Old
01-07-2014, 11:25 PM
RampageNate
HFB Partner

Rampage Power Past Heat, 5-1

Old
01-08-2014, 11:08 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforceTheLaus View Post
Rout mode activated now.
Trocheck back and feeds Gilroy for another

5-1 Rampage. 4(!!!) PPGs
What's a PPG?

Old
01-08-2014, 11:48 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
What's a PPG?
power play goal

Old
01-08-2014, 12:40 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
power play goal
time for a sarcasm detector tune-up?

Old
01-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Acadmus
retired mod

Quote:
damn, is it really that hard for teams to find minor league coaches that follow the philosophy of their major league coach?!?

Old
01-10-2014, 11:01 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
time for a sarcasm detector tune-up?
yep lol

Old
01-13-2014, 07:30 PM
EnforceTheLaus
Worms, Bjugs, P

Howden on fiyah tonight. 1+1 in the 1st period.

Closed Thread