HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade and Proposals Thread XXXVII: Is MacT mostly done?

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Gone
Fire KLowe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post
I doubt Gagner is getting traded as I'm sure he'll sign an hour or two before his arbitration hearing, but if he wants 5M+ then I wouldn't be opposed to seeing what you can do.
I'm betting Gagner has either played his last game as an Oiler or will take the 1 year arbitration ruling then walk.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:44 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade in the next 48 hours.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:48 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade in the next 48 hours.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it rain in the next 48 hours.

Like, actual precipitation. I don't know about a trade. Is the arbitration date in 48 hours? Then that makes sense.

I'll expect trades when I least expect them to go down.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:38 PM
czar99

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
I had a dream last night that I was the new GM of the Oilers and I traded Eberle for Gaustad, Tootoo, and Sbisa (Not sure how I made that happen). I checked hfboards in my dream and everyone was calling for my head.
I had a dream Smid was a Hawk.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Arpeggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
I had a dream Smid was a Hawk.
Wow, surreal.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:04 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedenoCiger View Post
I read this forum quite regularly but did I miss a recent rumor of Gagner on the block with the Flyers and the NYI beig the interested parties? Apparently it's coming from Team 1040 in Vancouver. I saw it on the main board. Have no idea if its legit.
Where did you see this on the main forum? This is the first I have heard about it.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:05 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
Wow, surreal.
Czar is as good a source as any.

Smid to Chicago

or

Smid to metamorphose

Last edited by AlowlyOilersfan: 07-14-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old
07-14-2013, 01:13 PM
GDU

I can't see holmgren and Mact not doing a deal, considering how close they came at the draft...

It seemed almost a case of ok, we have something place, but now is not the right time... i think coburn and possibly even one of schenn/couts is coming here...

this is just my opinion of course, nothing else...

I also would not be shocked if clifford from LA ends up on this team as well

Old
07-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I don't see MacT and Holmgren having anything left to talk about.

Coburn or Couturier is likely all that Philly has that MacT wants, and the asking price is probably just too high on both of those pieces with MPS gone. Philly has no cap wiggle room to move a player back to them.

Likely the same with LA, they're too tight up against the cap to be able to take a player back for Clifford. Our second rounder is gone, and neither of those pieces is worth our first.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

There's always money in the banana stand...

Old
07-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Eskimo44

Just because it's being discussed i'd like to chime in on the 06 finals.

A) Both Conklin and Markanen were undwhelming in the regular season, and rotating them should not have been an issue. Nobody knew what the Oilers would get with either.

B) Markanen was outstanding in the finals for a backup, he wasn't Roli good but he was not the reason the Oilers lost.

C) Conklin was not the reason the Oilers lost game 1, giving up a 3 goal lead iirc was the reason they lost. The Oilers imploded in the 3rd and the game should have never been left to a fluke goal like that. It's just the easiest and most obvious play from that period that people look at and can blame. **** happens, in fact stuff like this has happened to Brodeur and Roy so you really can't dwell on it and pin a 7 game series on it.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedenoCiger View Post
I read this forum quite regularly but did I miss a recent rumor of Gagner on the block with the Flyers and the NYI beig the interested parties? Apparently it's coming from Team 1040 in Vancouver. I saw it on the main board. Have no idea if its legit.
The Islanders and Philly would both be interesting trading partners. I can see why the Isles would want Gagner but not so much Philly unless they plan on moving him to the wing. If we're dealing with the Islanders I'd want Brock Nelson + coming back our way.

If Philly is interested in Gagner and IMO that is a big if, I could see a massive trade between Edmonton and Philly that would basically be BOLD and then some. Something along the lines of two of Gagner and Petry/Smid and maybe more pieces for 2 of Hartnell, Couturier/B. Schenn, Coburn/L. Schenn and maybe more pieces.

Holmgren has been known to make big trades and MacT is on the hunt for big trades and he has Howson on his side who has been a part of a number of big trades in recent years as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
I can't see holmgren and Mact not doing a deal, considering how close they came at the draft...

It seemed almost a case of ok, we have something place, but now is not the right time... i think coburn and possibly even one of schenn/couts is coming here...

this is just my opinion of course, nothing else...

I also would not be shocked if clifford from LA ends up on this team as well
I agree about Philly, except that I'm skeptical that they covet Gagner, I really hope that I'm wrong though. I'd be VERY surprised if we landed Clifford TBH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Where did you see this on the main forum? This is the first I have heard about it.
Yeah I'm heading there now to see what I can dig up.

07-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
I just sent out feelers on the trade board, let's see what comes back if anything. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5#post69200815

Old
07-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Jesse Joensuu

vCash: 530
Big Trades Coming to Alberta?

Eklund:
Talked yesterday to a source at the NHL and another in California both of whom said they had heard the Oilers were working on a big deal NOT involving Ales Hemsky. Later in the evening the same California source told me the Flames and Caps also had discussions over the past three days and that the Devils and Blues continue to talk.

This is not to say the Oilers aren't talking about a Hemsky trade, because I have little doubt they are. This is more to say that another deal is in the works. What we don't know of course is whether the deals are either/or deals or not. It certainly appears at this point both options are being explored...

"As we have heard a few times since the Cup Final, MacT has some serious options that he is quite happy about...Horcoff is 1 of 3, or even 4, options. He is not done."

Old
07-14-2013, 02:08 PM
MinnesotaFats

The idea of Gagner getting moved isn't crazy. If they can't agree to a long term deal, MacT really can't risk letting him go to arbitration, getting a one year deal and walking.

Old
07-14-2013, 02:10 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Well, something to chew on, I guess.

Old
07-14-2013, 02:19 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
The idea of Gagner getting moved isn't crazy. If they can't agree to a long term deal, MacT really can't risk letting him go to arbitration, getting a one year deal and walking.
I haven't been a fan of the idea of trading Gagner but if it comes down to that or arbitration, we'd have to move him. I shudder to think of our C depth next season without him though.

Edit: Also this isn't a thread about the 06 playoffs and I think that conversation has gone on long enough in this thread. I will be removing future posts talking about that in here.

Old
07-14-2013, 02:50 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

I can see Philly doing a trade for an Oilers dman because they only have 10 on their roster now.

Of course it has to be a $3 million plus dman because that's the kind Philly likes... they have 7 dmen now at over $3 million so adding either NSchultz or Smid would give them 8... a nice even number. That seems like a logical move for Holmgren.

Old
07-14-2013, 02:55 PM
40oz

I wonder what the asking price for Mezaros is, and if he's worth the risk.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
I haven't been a fan of the idea of trading Gagner but if it comes down to that or arbitration, we'd have to move him. I shudder to think of our C depth next season without him though.

Edit: Also this isn't a thread about the 06 playoffs and I think that conversation has gone on long enough in this thread. I will be removing future posts talking about that in here.
Last season 18players opted for arbitration 0 players had a hearing.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:03 PM
SchultzSquared

I could see us making a trade like the York for Peca swap from 2005...

Yorkie was 26 at the time coming off seasons of 42, 51, 60 and 50 points... it was hard to believe he would ever be moved as we did not (think) we had center depth past Horc... we were all just happy he was young and producing even though he was 5'10

That we traded York for a pending UFA was tough to swallow... but in return we got a guy who was a better fit for what we were trying to do in the top nine

Flash forward to today... Gags is 24 with years of 38, 47, 42 and 41 points... obviously not as productive but then he played with Nilsson and Cogs early on not Lindros and Fleury

So the question is... who is a veteran C that is close to UFA who would make over our center depth overnight... in exchange for a younger more controlled asset...

Hmm I can think of one that a "California" source would know about...

Old
07-14-2013, 03:12 PM
OilerFan4Life

PRAYING, PRAYING that snowpants is dealt.

This organization will never take the next step with snowpants on the roster.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:14 PM
N5991989
Oilers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Last season 18players opted for arbitration 0 players had a hearing.
I think it is just an insurance case better to opt in than miss out.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:18 PM
JAY Z

As much as I've hated on Gagner these past few seasons, I can't think of a better 2C for us given both points and intangibles. Unless we're swapping 2Cs with another team and addressing size, I'd rather keep him.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:22 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by teganandsara View Post
I think it is just an insurance case better to opt in than miss out.
Also prevents offer sheets...

Closed Thread