HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade and Proposals Thread XXXVII: Is MacT mostly done?

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2013, 04:24 PM
MinnesotaFats

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
I could see a Sabres-Oil trade but the involvement of the Canadiens just shuts down the whole thing.
Gagner's name is French so I'm sure the Habs are all in.

Old
07-14-2013, 04:26 PM
doubledown99

vCash: 500
Maybe Price to Edm????

He seemed pretty frustrated with being in Mtl at end of year so can see him requesting a trade (quietly).

Price To Edm

Miller to Mtl

Dubynk + picks/prospects (from Edm) to Buf

Old
07-14-2013, 04:32 PM
JAY Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
What does you mean by this?

He is the best (only) 2C we have, but there are plenty of better ones out there.
I mean that we can realistically get.

Old
07-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I don't like the idea of trading our first rounder until the trade deadline, at that point we'll probably know whether there's a shot at post season or not.

Old
07-14-2013, 04:46 PM
caperguy18

Eklund

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A T M A N View Post
Who's sal ciffa?

A kid who lives in his parents basement....

Old
07-14-2013, 04:59 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
Maybe Price to Edm????

He seemed pretty frustrated with being in Mtl at end of year so can see him requesting a trade (quietly).

Price To Edm

Miller to Mtl

Dubynk + picks/prospects (from Edm) to Buf
Add our 1st, Maricin and Stafford going to the Habs, then Hemsky, and our 2015 2nd going to Buffalo. We get moen with price. Now that'd be a blockbuster!

Old
07-14-2013, 05:13 PM
B A T M A N*

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Add our 1st, Maricin and Stafford going to the Habs, then Hemsky, and our 2015 2nd going to Buffalo. We get moen with price. Now that'd be a blockbuster!
Price is worse than Dubnyk. And I really don't like Dubnyk..

Old
07-14-2013, 05:21 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
I didn't see any of Price last year but just read he closed out the season horribly. I would still trade for him though because I know what he can do. Here's an interesting article I just seen on what could have contributed to his decline. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...lie-coach.html

Old
07-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Jeff Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
Gagner's name is French so I'm sure the Habs are all in.
Gagner also translates to "Win" in english.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Not sure if serious.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Fuhryous

I did some snooping into this supposed "three team trade" involving Buffalo, Edmonton and Montreal.

No clue who Sal Ciffa is, but he got the rumor from another twitter user going by the handle "JimmyFingers315". JimmyFingers, judging by the pics on his twitter wall, is a Bills & Sabres fan. He claims to have gotten the rumor from RDS.

Quote:
Jimmy Fingers ‏@JimmyFingers315 2h
Rumor from RDS out of Montreal...three team trade between Habs, Oilers, Sabres. Miller and Vanek on move...Sabres get Gionta, (EDM star) ++
This Sal Ciffa got the rest of it, his tweet is below:

Quote:
sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 2h
@EdmCaper @JimmyFingers315 rumor is:Edm get Price & Mont D. Buf gets Gionta, Edm Star, 2 2nds, McCarron. Mont gets Vanek and Miller.
All that said, apparently this JimmyFingers isn't a reliable source as he has apparently claimed Vanek has been traded several times in the past weeks. Either way, it's Sunday and there is not much else going on or to talk about. The "Edm star" referenced would obviously be Hemsky and one of the 2nds referenced would have to be for the 2015 draft since the 2014 one went to St. Louis in the MPS deal.

Don't shoot the messenger...but Mods, feel free to delete my post if need be since the one twitter user is an unverified source of information.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

When Price is on his game he is in a different stratosphere than Dubnyk

Old
07-14-2013, 05:26 PM
B A T M A N*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Not sure if serious.
Even if he's better, is he $3 million better (6.5 million caphit)? He had a sub 0.900 SVP% in the regular season and even worse in the playoffs. He had pretty much one good season and living off his draft position IMO.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:28 PM
B A T M A N*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
I did some snooping into this supposed "three team trade" involving Buffalo, Edmonton and Montreal.

No clue who Sal Ciffa is, but he got the rumor from another twitter user going by the handle "JimmyFingers315". JimmyFingers, judging by the pics on his twitter wall, is a Bills & Sabres fan. He claims to have gotten the rumor from RDS.

All that said, apparently this JimmyFingers isn't a reliable source as he has apparently claimed Vanek has been traded several times in the past weeks. Either way, it's Sunday and there is not much else going on or to talk about. The "Edm star" referenced would obviously be Hemsky and one of the 2nds referenced would have to be for the 2015 draft since the 2014 one went to St. Louis in the MPS deal.

Don't shoot the messenger...but Mods, feel free to delete my post if need be since the one twitter user is an unverified source of information.
If we trade one of the big 5 for Price...WOW
And what happens to Dubnyk then?

Old
07-14-2013, 05:30 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post

Hmm be interested in seeing what Montreal D we'd be getting.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Jesse Joensuu

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Hmm be interested in seeing what Montreal D we'd be getting.
Most likely Diaz. Heard he's on the block.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:40 PM
RisingSun
Punky's Whips

vCash: 169
Doesn't make any sense.
1. Price to Edm makes no sense as we already have Dubynk and Labarbera on a 1 way contract.
2. If Vanek was on the trade block, wouldn't have the Oilers just traded for him earlier instead of Perron, I find it hard to believe that MTL could package a better deal for Vanek then the oilers.
3. Last thing we need is another 5-6 D, we need top 2 D, which MTL is unlikely to deal.
4. When was the last time a 3-way trade happened.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Doesn't make any sense.
1. Price to Edm makes no sense as we already have Dubynk and Labarbera on a 1 way contract.
2. If Vanek was on the trade block, wouldn't have the Oilers just traded for him earlier instead of Perron, I find it hard to believe that MTL could package a better deal for Vanek then the oilers.
3. Last thing we need is another 5-6 D, we need top 2 D, which MTL is unlikely to deal.
Edm-Car-LA Erik Cole to Car, 2nd Round Pick to LA, O'Sullivan to Edm.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:48 PM
gqmixmaster

I could see this being really simple - Miller + edm pick to Montreal, Price to Edmonton, Dubnyk + Hemsky to Buffalo

Old
07-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Hoogaar23

Quote:
Even if he's better, is he $3 million better (6.5 million caphit)? He had a sub 0.900 SVP% in the regular season and even worse in the playoffs. He had pretty much one good season and living off his draft position IMO.
I'm with you. I don't get all the love for Price. Like you say, he had one really good season, and one good playoff series. Other than that, his numbers have been average to bad. His .905 save % this year quite a ways off of Dubnyk's .920. Dubnyk even had a better GAA (2.57 vs 2.59)

I know it's not just about the numbers - but the numbers do matter. And Price's, outside of 2010-2011 are really nothing special. I would be happy to upgrade on DD, but it would need to be a clear upgrade, and I don't see Price as being a clear upgrade, certainly not when cap hit and assets to acquire him are factored in.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:55 PM
GDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmixmaster View Post
I could see this being really simple - Miller + edm pick to Montreal, Price to Edmonton, Dubnyk + Hemsky to Buffalo
lol so buffalo gets nothing?

Old
07-14-2013, 06:04 PM
SometimesY

MacT really needs to resolve the Hemsky question. Sure there is room for him here next year, but it can't be good for either side to have a public statement and not follow through. Yet, in all the rumours out there very few include Hemsky?

Old
07-14-2013, 06:32 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Doesn't make any sense.
Price and Perron > Vanek and Dubnyk, especially when you consider that Vanek only has 1 year left on his deal and could be difficult to resign.

Old
07-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Lindo

MacT needs to constantly do something so we don't resort to talking about three-way trades associated with Eklund's twitter.

Old
07-14-2013, 06:45 PM
doubledown99

Does anybody remember Prices press conference at end of season? You watch that and it totally leads you to believe he no longer wants to be there.

MacT has openly questioned Dubynk. He's been trying to upgrade goalie position. So us being interested in Price doesn't surprise me.

The issue is no way Bergevin swaps Duby and Price

Que Miller. Miller wants out. He had indicated NY or Cali. But looking at those teams goalie situations means no Miller for them. So Mtl could appeal to Miller. Bergevin wouldn't take heat for swapping Price for Miller.

Thus a 3 way between Mtl-Buf-Edm makes sense.

The issue now is just figuring out the other pieces.

Buf is rebuilding so our 1st is probably very appealing to them. I just think upgrading from Duby to Price is not worth our 1st.

If we were getting other pieces like Ott/Foligno/Pysk I'd gladly move the 1st.

Edm:
Price, Ott, Kaletta

Mtl:
Miller, Edm 3rd

Buf:
Edm 1st, Dubynk

Closed Thread