HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Most Valuable Oiler #9

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the next most valuable Oiler?
Dubnyk 52 39.10%
Petry 31 23.31%
Nurse 27 20.30%
Perron 18 13.53%
Hemsky 3 2.26%
Marincin 1 0.75%
Grebeshkov 1 0.75%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Most Valuable Oiler #9

Who do you think is the ninth most valuable Oiler going forward?

Consider age, contract, injury history, positional value, leadership, potential, etc... One way of thinking of it would be: in a trade to a neutral team, who would bring the greatest return?

1. Taylor Hall (75%)
2. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (70%)
3. Nail Yakupov (65%)
4. Jordan Eberle (65%)
5. Justin Schultz (75%)
6. Sam Gagner (30%)
7. Ladislav Smid (40%)
8. Oscar Klefbom (30%)

Last edited by Mc5RingsAndABeer: 07-23-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

I'm gonna need suggestions for the options going forward. I put Grebeshkov on there because someone brought him up last thread (wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not).

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Lowe in Oil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
I'm gonna need suggestions for the options going forward. I put Grebeshkov on there because someone brought him up last thread (wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not).
Smyth Before Grebeshkov ;-)

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Oilception

Dubnyk for like the 4th time now

Oilception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Davo McIkinzom
twisting nuts

vCash: 135
I'm sorry but this entire poll lost all credibility when klefbom was voted a more valuable oiler than dubnyk, when klefbom has yet to play a single game for the oilers. Goes to show you hfoil's mentality about players and prospects. Shiny new toys and all that.

Davo McIkinzom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 05:06 PM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilception View Post
Dubnyk for like the 4th time now
DD should have finished no lower than 6th in my opinion.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 05:08 PM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
I'm sorry but this entire poll lost all credibility when klefbom was voted a more valuable oiler than dubnyk, when klefbom has yet to play a single game for the oilers. Goes to show you hfoil's mentality about players and prospects. Shiny new toys and all that.
keep in mind though he's the great unknown....and people let their imaginations run away, hoping he's the next Shea Weber. (i suppose one can only hope?)

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 06:13 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Agreed. Marincin should win by a landslide now.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Dubnyk has been my vote for a while now.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:34 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Gotta be Dubie this time. Then I'd say Petry or Perron; that will be the tough one.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

It actually is really cool how many really valuable assets the team has, with Nurse probably going like 11 or later and such, when he's really valuable.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:59 PM
oil4life14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Garbagekov in b4 ference and Gordon ?!

oil4life14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:07 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

How is it that I'm always arguing with people that keep saying how brutal Dubnyk is, yet he's leading over our top dman?

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:12 PM
MettleMcOiler
5-14-6-1

It could be debated that Nurse is more Valuable than Dubnyk considering that Schneider (by far a better goaltender than Dubnyk) was traded for the 9th Overall draft pick and Nurse was 7th overall and used as trade bait for a proposal deal for Schneider.

I find our new additions of Ference, Perron, and Gordon to be more valuable than Dubnyk.

Edit: My mind set is who wouldn't I trade before Dubnyk.

Petry
Nurse
Perron
Gordon
Ference
Hemsky -Yes Even Him
Marincin

Grebeshkov..well this where I could flip a coin between the two.

Last edited by MettleMcOiler: 07-21-2013 at 08:20 PM.
MettleMcOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Davo McIkinzom
twisting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MettleOiler View Post
It could be debated that Nurse is more Valuable than Dubnyk considering that Schneider (by far a better goaltender than Dubnyk) was traded for the 9th Overall draft pick and Nurse was 7th overall and used as trade bait for a proposal deal for Schneider.

I find our new additions of Ference, Perron, and Gordon to be more valuable than Dubnyk.
Yes because they're established nhl players, and you would at least have a legit argument there. Take dubnyk out of the lineup next year, and we're stuck with labarbera, take klefbom out of the lineup, no appretiable difference because he's a prospect. To me that's the indicator of value to the team, where would the team would be with those players taken out of the lineup? And right now dubnyk is ridiculously more valuable to oilers than klefbom. But....shiny new toys eh hfoil?

Old
07-21-2013, 08:27 PM
MettleMcOiler
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Yes because they're established nhl players, and you would at least have a legit argument there. Take dubnyk out of the lineup next year, and we're stuck with labarbera, take klefbom out of the lineup, no appretiable difference because he's a prospect. To me that's the indicator of value to the team, where would the team would be with those players taken out of the lineup? And right now dubnyk is ridiculously more valuable to oilers than klefbom. But....shiny new toys eh hfoil?
Oh but we have Jason Labarbera who recorded a 0.923% sv compared to Dubnyks 0.920%sv last year, clearly we got the better goaltender with only 1/3 of the salary that were paying Dubnyk. Taking Dubnyk out of the line up would be an upgrade.

MettleMcOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:50 PM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

vCash: 1271
So not only are Grebeshkov and Hemsky on the list, but they are actually getting votes?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:52 PM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

Quote:
Would you rather trade Klefbom or Dubnyk?

Old
07-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Halibut

Dubnyk is a UFA next summer and he's a goalie. Doubt you get much more than a 2nd for him in trade. Petry on the other hand would bring something of value. Then there's Perron, Paajarvi and a 2nd is more than you'd get for Dubnyk.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Davo McIkinzom
twisting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Would you rather trade Klefbom or Dubnyk?
Is that the poll question? You can try to justify your dubnyk hate all you want, but the fact of the matter is dubnyk is way more valuable to the oilers right now. And honestly right now I'd be less upset trading klefbom, because trading dubnyk would leave labarbera as the oilers starter.

Dubnyk's a legit nhl starter, klefbom is a prospect, albeit a good one, but still a prospect.

Old
07-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Slim2001

Quote:
Is that the poll question? You can try to justify your dubnyk hate all you want, but the fact of the matter is dubnyk is way more valuable to the oilers right now. And honestly right now I'd be less upset trading klefbom, because trading dubnyk would leave labarbera as the oilers starter.

Dubnyk's a legit nhl starter, klefbom is a prospect, albeit a good one, but still a prospect.
These polls are not about value to the Oilers Dubnyk is a 20-25 ranked starter in the NHL with one year until UFA that does not garner much trade value. I have Nurse, Petry and Perron still ranked above him.

Slim2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Davo McIkinzom
twisting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim2001 View Post
These polls are not about value to the Oilers Dubnyk is a 20-25 ranked starter in the NHL with one year until UFA that does not garner much trade value. I have Nurse, Petry and Perron still ranked above him.
Huh? That's exactly what the poll question is. not sure what rankings you're looking at, and I would like to see them, but dubnyk was much better than 20-25 "ranked" starter last season. But I'm not getting into this argument it's been covered in another thread.

Old
07-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Slim2001

Quote:
Huh? That's exactly what the poll question is. not sure what rankings you're looking at, and I would like to see them, but dubnyk was much better than 20-25 "ranked" starter last season. But I'm not getting into this argument it's been covered in another thread.
Consider age, contract, injury history, positional value, leadership, potential, etc... One way of thinking of it would be: in a trade to a neutral team, who would bring the greatest return?

He was last year but he is still somewhat unproven. At best some people would have him at 15ish going into this year and many including myself would rank him in the 20-25 range.

In poll section they are on #9 for goalies with 10 options none of which include Dubnyk:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1473127

He is not respected value wise around the league. One more good year might change that but for now he is a below average starter, one year away from UFA. If we traded him the return would most likely be less than what we paid for Perron, not equal to a top 10 pick (Nurse), and below a young top 4 defenseman's value (Petry). These polls are about trade value NOT value to the team.

Last edited by Slim2001: 07-21-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Slim2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:28 PM
brodeur9

i think perron, petry, then nurse

brodeur9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:05 AM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

Quote:

The Oilers arent winning anything if they are counting on Dubie in goal. Horrible lateral movement, weak reflex's particularly with the glove and blocker, poor to non-existent rebound control, and the mental strength of a diabetic in a truffle factory. The only thing he has going for him is his size.

Klefbom at least has some upside in that he may be a top four dman in the league one day.

One is potentially helpful to us ever having a hope of playing in late May and beyond, the other is a placeholder until something better comes along.

Also, why, if someone is able to recognize and be honest about a player's weaknesses, are they labeled as "hating" a player? That is utterly ridiculous. I have nothing against Dubnyk or any other player that I deem as "not good enough". They simply are that- not good enough.