HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2013 (9th)

View Poll Results: Who's #9?
Nikita Filatov 0 0%
Derek Grant 1 0.93%
Jarrod Maidens 1 0.93%
Chris Driedger 1 0.93%
Stephane Da Costa 1 0.93%
Troy Rutkowski 0 0%
Marcus Hogberg 0 0%
Matt Puempel 55 51.40%
Shane Prince 33 30.84%
Buddy Robinson 2 1.87%
Fredrik Claesson 0 0%
Andre Petersson 0 0%
Mark Borowiecki 7 6.54%
Mike Hoffman 5 4.67%
Mikael Wikstrand 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-13-2013, 02:36 AM
Whizar
#KeepTheSenate

vCash: 500
why are we paying buddy robinson so much money if he's considered (at least by us ) to be behind most of these propects on the depth chart .

Whizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:04 AM
Skrymir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa Awesaka View Post
why are we paying buddy robinson so much money if he's considered (at least by us ) to be behind most of these propects on the depth chart .
He is an unknown frankly, and his AHL salary (what he will likely make the next two seasons at least) is only 70k. I don't know what the Sens saw in him to give him an ELC that would pay him 1.225M (including bonuses) in the NHL, but c'est la vie and unless he earns the time in the NHL he won't see that salary (the only thing I don't know is if he gets the 92.5k/year signing bonus that is associated with his NHL salary if he only plays in the AHL).

In his 2 years at Lake Superior State he had 10pts in 39 games and 16pts in 38 games respectively, but from what I've heard he looked decent when he suited up for the B-Sens at the end of last season, if he continues to look good his status will rise in the eyes of the fans (us) and you could see him ahead of some of these guys in the rankings.

But until then he will be ranked along with other relative unknowns and lesser prospects.

My vote is for Puempel, and I won't be voting for Mr. Robinson until probably the mid-teens.

Add Dzingel

Skrymir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:51 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

People forgetting when Da Costa was looking like Mini Spezza out there against Pittsburgh, eh.

Lol, the main knocks on him were his conditioning and consistency. He has NHL level shot, passing, hands, IQ and vision, his skating isn't even that big of an issue to slow him down and he's 5'11 which is anything but small.

We will see how he treats this summer, he needs to beef up and work on conditioning.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:34 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

Mmmm, methinks Prince is the better overall player and prospect than Puempel at this point. We all know his stats are basically better at every level, but he's also a more well rounded player and better skater.

I was thinking about it the other day, and he'd be the perfect compliment to Spezza-Ryan with his wheels and passing.

Add any of Cowick, Dzingel, Harpur (this kid's a gem), or Schneider. Such a deep pool.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:14 PM
SenzZen
Cool Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Mmmm, methinks Prince is the better overall player and prospect than Puempel at this point. We all know his stats are basically better at every level, but he's also a more well rounded player and better skater.

I was thinking about it the other day, and he'd be the perfect compliment to Spezza-Ryan with his wheels and passing.

Add any of Cowick, Dzingel, Harpur (this kid's a gem), or Schneider. Such a deep pool.
Yes I likened Prince's place with Martindale and Toffoli to Alfie on the Pizza line. Kid plays a real solid all-around game- but he knows how to bury the biscuit, too.

GOAT 61st overall 2nd round pick?

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote