HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Michael McCarron Thread - Part II : Bigger, Stronger and Meaner

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-13-2013, 04:41 PM
  #626
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 500
I'm sure the Hunters and Branch will have some editing rights.
When approached about the show there was a convo about trying not to glorify the scrapping as much this year. in particular the OHL doesn't want any future kids parents being scared away from the big bad goon OHL lol.
They are very image conscious.

It'll be fun to follow and watch thou for sure.

McCarron has been to London, has got his arrangements figured out and will be ready to go.

Ill post reg thru the year on his progress ( from a long time season tic and fans POV) as ill see prolly him live 50 or more times.

aresknights is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 04:49 PM
  #627
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Bob MaCown just said on primetime sports his company fadoo is bringing back the on the edge tv show that followed a jr team last year, this year he just said we are following the London Knights so we will get to hopefully see Mike alot this year, he said they are going to start shooting next week at training camp


Crossing my fingers that Domi plays the entire season with London, even if I heard his chances to make the NHL were good.
Not too worried about Horvat.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 07:43 PM
  #628
JonathanToews19clutc*
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Michael McCarron reminds me of Blake Wheeler.

JonathanToews19clutc* is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 07:44 PM
  #629
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanToews19clutc View Post
Michael McCarron reminds me of Blake Wheeler.
In what way?

smitty10 is online now  
Old
08-13-2013, 07:51 PM
  #630
JonathanToews19clutc*
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
In what way?
Size, puck control, vision, etc..

JonathanToews19clutc* is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 07:54 PM
  #631
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanToews19clutc View Post
Size, puck control, vision, etc..
Maybe they do share similarities in terms of size, skating and handedness but that's it. Wheeler is as soft as they come.

Chris Cutter is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 07:55 PM
  #632
jaffy27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
McCarron reminds me of Lucic (in juniors)

jaffy27 is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 08:05 PM
  #633
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffy27 View Post
McCarron reminds me of Lucic (in juniors)
Than you've definnetely never seen him play. He's a MUCH more fluid skater, better hands and shot. For now we haven't seen 1/10 of Lucic's nastyness in McCarron, but that could change in a matter of weeks...

Maxpac is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 08:05 PM
  #634
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,293
vCash: 500
Michael McCarron reminds me of Michael McCarron the guy who was drafted by the Habs in June.

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 08:13 PM
  #635
jaffy27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Than you've definnetely never seen him play. He's a MUCH more fluid skater, better hands and shot. For now we haven't seen 1/10 of Lucic's nastyness in McCarron, but that could change in a matter of weeks...
I said reminds me, not his stunt double!!

I am very confident he will turn out to be a similar player, skill and fighting wise, time will ultimately tell

jaffy27 is offline  
Old
08-13-2013, 09:01 PM
  #636
Impossible Glory
Registered User
 
Impossible Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Shore
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I'm sure the Hunters and Branch will have some editing rights.
When approached about the show there was a convo about trying not to glorify the scrapping as much this year. in particular the OHL doesn't want any future kids parents being scared away from the big bad goon OHL lol.
They are very image conscious.

It'll be fun to follow and watch thou for sure.

McCarron has been to London, has got his arrangements figured out and will be ready to go.

Ill post reg thru the year on his progress ( from a long time season tic and fans POV) as ill see prolly him live 50 or more times.
That's awesome. I'll be looking forward to those updates the same way I was looking forward to That's reports on Galchenyuk.

Impossible Glory is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 07:48 AM
  #637
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanToews19clutc View Post
Michael McCarron reminds me of Blake Wheeler.
For those who don't like comparisons...too bad!! (stop being such killjoys! bitter haters! comparisons are fun sometimes! ). And yes at the end of the day (or few years from now!) McCarron will be McCarron, but for now...comparing is fun for some! (let us have our fun, you ****ing bitter haters/killjoys!!).


Mike ''Big Mac'' McCarron can be compared to:
Milan Lucic (but not a big jerk like Milan is on ice)
Ryan Malone (but not as psycho!)
Blake Wheeler (hopefully a grittier version)
Brian Boyle (hoping for a better version!)



Can't wait!! (so much ****ing waiting!! but what can we do?! no choice since they have to develop properly!). Getting better, bigger/taller with players like Jarred ''Jar-Jar'' Tinordi and Big Mac McCarron!


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 08-14-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 09:12 AM
  #638
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,354
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Michael McCarron reminds me of Michael McCarron the guy who was drafted by the Habs in June.
hey i know that guy! what a great comparison imo

Redux91 is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 09:31 AM
  #639
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Michael McCarron reminds me of Michael McCarron the guy who was drafted by the Habs in June.
That's a terrible comparison.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 09:34 AM
  #640
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,520
vCash: 50
Mike is already building muscle in his legs preparing himself ahead of training camp, the guy's a gem in the rough. Character with a great work ethic and soft hands as well, I sincerely hope that posters drop the Lucic comparisons. Mike could skate rings around him already, why on earth people are so enamored with Lucic is truly a mystery.

While Lucky Lucy plays for Boston and scores his garbage goals, let's just wait until he goes through Horton withdrawal this season again. Iginla is a great replacement but it remains to be seen if they have any chemistry.

Mike is just starting to round into the player we will see playing for the Habs, in a couple of years. By that time Lucic's skating will really be sluggish and he may not even be playing for Boston.

Anyways I'm just wondering if the OHL sells viewing online the way the AHL does? If so, then I'll be watching every London game this season. Anybody know about that, thanks ahead of time if you can help with that?

S Bah is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 10:20 AM
  #641
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanToews19clutc View Post
Michael McCarron reminds me of Blake Wheeler.
I envision something along the lines of a keith primeau with less offense.

montreal is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 10:31 AM
  #642
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,520
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I envision something along the lines of a keith primeau with less offense.
Good call Montreal, it seemed that Primeau's line was always in the offensive zone, cycling the puck and scoring from what I remember.

S Bah is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 11:30 AM
  #643
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,001
vCash: 500
Wow... Comparisons actually are all over the place around here... some look like they're way off.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 12:42 PM
  #644
Be a Hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Wow... Comparisons actually are all over the place around here... some look like they're way off.
How the **** do you know if they are way off or not ?

Be a Hab is offline  
Old
08-14-2013, 01:02 PM
  #645
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Mike is already building muscle in his legs preparing himself ahead of training camp, the guy's a gem in the rough. Character with a great work ethic and soft hands as well, I sincerely hope that posters drop the Lucic comparisons. Mike could skate rings around him already, why on earth people are so enamored with Lucic is truly a mystery.

While Lucky Lucy plays for Boston and scores his garbage goals, let's just wait until he goes through Horton withdrawal this season again. Iginla is a great replacement but it remains to be seen if they have any chemistry.

Mike is just starting to round into the player we will see playing for the Habs, in a couple of years. By that time Lucic's skating will really be sluggish and he may not even be playing for Boston.

Anyways I'm just wondering if the OHL sells viewing online the way the AHL does? If so, then I'll be watching every London game this season. Anybody know about that, thanks ahead of time if you can help with that?
Yes they do. They have season, monthly and game by game packages I believe

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/main/index/0

Click link bottom left for livestream.

http://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/

Quality is ok but I've only paid for about 5 games over 2 yrs that were from US and not avail on local TV.

In ontario almost all games are available to Rogers subscribers as part of their sports pak.

The Knights home games on rogers TV this year should be avail in HD as well as some road games.

As well sportsnet will be doing a monthly show featuring on ice and behind the scenes stuff


Last edited by aresknights: 08-14-2013 at 01:08 PM.
aresknights is offline  
Old
08-15-2013, 04:13 AM
  #646
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,520
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Yes they do. They have season, monthly and game by game packages I believe

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/main/index/0

Click link bottom left for livestream.

http://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/

Quality is ok but I've only paid for about 5 games over 2 yrs that were from US and not avail on local TV.

In ontario almost all games are available to Rogers subscribers as part of their sports pak.

The Knights home games on rogers TV this year should be avail in HD as well as some road games.

As well sportsnet will be doing a monthly show featuring on ice and behind the scenes stuff
Thanks AresKnights the neulion is the AHL online provider also, now I can watch both perfect. Along with the Habs games I'll be busy this season.

S Bah is offline  
Old
08-15-2013, 07:57 AM
  #647
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
why on earth people are so enamored with Lucic is truly a mystery.
is that really such a mystery? I hate Lucic as much as the next guy but big, tough wingers who can score 25-30 goals a year are not exactly falling off trees.

windycity is offline  
Old
08-15-2013, 08:37 AM
  #648
Treb
Registered User
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be a Hab View Post
How the **** do you know if they are way off or not ?
Because Primeau, Lucic and Wheeler are different style, so 2 of them are really off

Treb is offline  
Old
08-15-2013, 08:46 AM
  #649
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Michael McCarron reminds me of Michael McCarron the guy who was drafted by the Habs in June.
That guy that's going to be a bust right?

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
08-15-2013, 10:05 AM
  #650
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,948
vCash: 500
I see BICKELL

odishabs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.