HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Adam Larsson vs. Jonas Brodin

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?
Adam Larsson 50 40.65%
Jonas Brodin 68 55.28%
Even 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-12-2013, 10:48 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Yeah, no doubt... both play a ton on the PK. Head scratching comment.
In fact Suter only played seven seconds more per game, which is very miniscule.

On the other hand, Suter plays way more PP (2:28/g) than Brodin, so he should be the one outshooting his opponents by more.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Kershaw

I'm pretty sure Eklund's Source is looking at raw ES stats.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:09 AM
Dosing

Imo brodin was the real steal of the 11 first round. Based on his play since then he should definitely have been picked before larsson. It's still early though but that brain of his is will be hard to beat.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Jonas Brodin

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:35 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Jonas Brodin. How is this even debatable? One guy comes in and becomes half of one of the best defensive pairings in the NHL. The other comes in and finds himself healthy scratched in favor of Henrik Tallinder. Adam Larsson is all hype, and gets a longer leash than anyone on these boards. The love affair for him is completely unwarranted since all he's shown are flashes of being good, Jonas Brodin is already good with flashes of being elite. Sure Brodin has become overrated by some people, but he's certainly earned the hype moreso than Larsson.

I watched about 5-10 games of Larsson in his rookie season, and lets just say if he was their best dman for any stretch of games, then Andy Greene/Bryce Salvador must be Corey Potter/Theo Peckham calibre bums, because Larsson was anywhere between underwhelming to god awful.
That last paragraph... Maybe you were unlucky with your 5-10 games but Larsson, from time to time, played really really good during his rookie season. And honestly if you call his performance in that period "between underwhelming and god awful" you are completely wrong, and that is not an opinion. He lost it during the season though, seemingly after the Subban hit which is not a great sign.

Anyway, right now I say Brodin but honestly it has a lot to do with "what have you done for me lately" because Brodin was ******* amazing this season imo. Larsson has been showing a bit more of late, I think he may very well be on a Hedman-development-curve. A year or 2 and I have no doubt he'll be a solid 1st pair d-man.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:02 PM
western redmen

Brodin right now, but Larsson has the higher potential

western redmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:07 PM
frankthetank91

Larsson is to Brodin what Hedman is to OEL.

Larsson and Hedman being the hyped top rated Swede D's of their draft but have been surpassed by their fellow country men in Brodin and OEL.

Don't get me wrong though Hedman and Larsson are great players too.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 03:35 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Brodin. Not remotely close. I saw about 8 or 9 Devils games and 6 or 7 Wild games this year and the difference is night and day. Brodin will win at least one Norris. Larsson will top out as a top pairing dman like Aucoin or Hamrlik. Both very useful but not Norris calibre, and not really all that close.
can't wait to quote this post in a few years. if you think the way a defenseman plays at age 20 is 100% indicative of what they will be when it's all said and done then you my friend are not very knowledgeable. absolutely foolish.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 03:49 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL View Post
So sick of reading this on this website.

Go to part three
That doesn't really say much of use to me in this debate. Really all it's confirming is that Brodin is better than other defencemen on the Wild whom Suter was paired with at times...which is great, but hardly means playing with Suter isn't a significant benefit to him. I mean, the rest of the Wild's defencemen last year were frankly, not very good. So yeah, of course Suter playing with say Spurgeon or whoever is going to drag down his possession numbers relative to when he plays with a good partner like Brodin. Still doesn't mean Brodin is the one 'carrying' that pairing. It's an example of reading way too much into advanced stats in a fallacious way.

If Adam Larsson were playing with Suter, he'd almost certainly come out looking better than otherwise. And it seems kind of silly to me not to admit that playing with one of the best defencemen in the league would be of significant benefit to a young developing defenceman, and may have impacted the way these two players looked last season, as it pertains to this poll. :shrug:

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 04:17 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
That doesn't really say much of use to me in this debate. Really all it's confirming is that Brodin is better than other defencemen on the Wild whom Suter was paired with at times...which is great, but hardly means playing with Suter isn't a significant benefit to him. I mean, the rest of the Wild's defencemen last year were frankly, not very good. So yeah, of course Suter playing with say Spurgeon or whoever is going to drag down his possession numbers relative to when he plays with a good partner like Brodin. Still doesn't mean Brodin is the one 'carrying' that pairing. It's an example of reading way too much into advanced stats in a fallacious way.

If Adam Larsson were playing with Suter, he'd almost certainly come out looking better than otherwise. And it seems kind of silly to me not to admit that playing with one of the best defencemen in the league would be of significant benefit to a young developing defenceman, and may have impacted the way these two players looked last season, as it pertains to this poll. :shrug:
Boom goes the dynamite.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote