HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers might move Barnaby

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Leetch

vCash: 500
Rangers might move Barnaby

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/6471.htm

Here's a quote from the article:

"Up front, Ronald Petrovicky, who has been nursing a sore groin since the third day of camp, was in for the first time, skating on the fourth line with Mark Messier and Dan LaCouture. If Petrovicky is in for the opener, Matt Barnaby, who has been marginalized from the start of camp, will in all likelihood be out.

Indeed, if the Rangers only plan to use Barnaby as a fourth-line winger, there's every chance they'll try to move No. 36 - who played most of last season with Bobby Holik and Eric Lindros - out of the organization. Because understand this: There will be nothing so limited this year as a fourth-line winger's minutes, what with fourth-line center Mark Messier due to accumulate most of his time on the specialty teams."

I'm not sure what to think about that. Anyone else have thoughts?

Old
09-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch
[I'm not sure what to think about that. Anyone else have thoughts?
Yea, this is why this organization sucks. They want to trade the hardest working player on the team. I could see Sather not wanting to screw up E-trains psyche by not trading his roomate, but we'll see.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Larry Melnyk

Not only did Barnaby work hard but he was about the only Ranger that earned anything...Given his role, he was the best Ranger forward last year...And for that, he gets tol to bend over and...Aw faggedaboutit...and ******** like Simon and Rucinsky are handed jobs...Even Lacouture and all his hard work and Rucinsky because of his new sweetheart can't hold a candle to what Baranby brings consistently...Typical Rangerlan

Old
09-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Leetch

Yeah I really liked and appreciated how Barnaby played for us last year. At first I was not sure, but now I'm thinking dealing him would be a bad move. I think all 3(Lacouture, Barnaby, Petro) deserve to make the team. Petro was terrific for the first month or two of the season last year. I want to see if he could do it again. But Sather thinks you can't demote a guy with a 1.5 million dollar salary. Argh.

Old
09-26-2003, 03:56 PM
JCProdigy

.....One small step for man....one GIANT leap for Larrry Brooks.....

Please guys, this is Larry talking try to stir up ***** again. OMG Barnaby got a game off in preseason....he's certain to be off the team now! First off from what I read and heard, DLac was on Holik's left last night and not Simon like Brooks inferred. It was the Rangers first home game of preseason so I'm guessing that Slats wanted all the free agents in there for the crowd and Petro had to play his first game of preseason. So Barnaby sat a game. I really think it's not anything to be concerned about or make a big deal over....although I could be wrong.

Old
09-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Oh come on Larry Brooks! what kind or article is that?? dont worry guys, Barnaby wont go.

Old
09-26-2003, 07:54 PM
Barnaby

Simon must go..... I'll be more then happy to pack his bags myself.

Old
09-26-2003, 10:28 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

The only reason I can see for trading barnaby is that after last season he is worth more than what NYR paid for him.
So you can make a move to acquire another asset and hope to plug in another grinder to replace his minutes.
I really hope they keep him, as NYR need more character guys not less.

Old
09-27-2003, 04:30 AM
Melrose_Jr.

All we can hope for is that Simon continues to dig a grave for himself. Sather has shown that his patience is limited for players in that role who flat out suck. Oliwa is a perfect example. Simon also makes roughly the same amount as Barnaby, so you could argue he's just as much a candidate not to be protected in the waiver draft. Who'd be a more attractive player to perspective teams anyway? A guy coming off a career year, or a guy who's career is in a 3 year nose-dive?

This is a no-brainer even for Sather. At least it better be. :mad:

Old
09-27-2003, 06:28 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
my opinion

moving barnaby would be a shortsighted move by sather. He is the hardest working player on the team, sticks up for teammates, and played his heart out last year when no one else would.

Old
09-27-2003, 07:52 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
In all the papers today Sather denied even thinking about moving Barnaby. Which means... he'll probably be gone by opening day.......

Old
09-27-2003, 09:12 AM
Barnaby

leetch has his little booty off.... looks like hell be back by mid-october

Old
09-27-2003, 10:09 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
I'm going to believe Sather on this one...I don't think Barnaby's lost any job at all here, Petro was just getting back after being hurt and they wanted to see him. I think this is just another case of Larry Brooks needing something to write about. I'm not too concerned

Old
09-27-2003, 11:33 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

this might be silly. how many of you think petro will survive the waiver draft? he's probably not going to be protected so he's probably going to be claimed. a team like nashville or columbus or minnesota heck even san jose should take someone like petro.

Old
09-27-2003, 01:38 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8
this might be silly. how many of you think petro will survive the waiver draft? he's probably not going to be protected so he's probably going to be claimed. a team like nashville or columbus or minnesota heck even san jose should take someone like petro.
I hope they expose Simon instead. Noone would probly take him but on the off chance someone did we'd dump him.

Old
09-27-2003, 06:06 PM
Laches

I don't really care one way or the other about Barnaby. He's fine as a 4th-line pest, but I've never understood all of the gushing about him. I guess he just benefits by comparison. All of this talk about how he's one of the hardest working players on the team doesn't mean much to me. It doesn't take much hard work to earn that distinction when you've got the likes of Lindros and Malakhov on the team.

Closed Thread