HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

KHL= New WHA?

Old
07-17-2013, 07:28 AM
eliostar

vCash: 500
"Bundesliga used to be on GolTV, which was about the price of CenterIce, but now GolTV has dropped English feed, it is only in Spanish."

Centre ice is 3 bucks a month? sign me up.

eliostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Zuluss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliostar View Post
"Bundesliga used to be on GolTV, which was about the price of CenterIce, but now GolTV has dropped English feed, it is only in Spanish."

Centre ice is 3 bucks a month? sign me up.
On DirecTV, GolTV was part of the Sports package, at $13/mo. CenterIce, iirc, was $15/mo. Now, GolTV is part of the Spanish package for $22/mo, though I was hearing that something has kind of replaced GolTV in the Sports package.
I am not sure what 3 bucks you are talking about.

Zuluss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:54 PM
CoolForumNamePending

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Can you explain this? I have some idea, but want to hear your arguments as well.
IMHO in the countries where hockey is most popular much of that ongoing popularity is owed to the fact that strong, interesting and competitive domestic leagues have been able to develope in those nations. I think it is potentially a dangerous game if you start doing things that could significantly weaken or marginlize the leagues and the remaing clubs that are being 'left behind'. Jokerit joining the KHL could be a good thing for the club, the club's fans and hockey fans in the Helsinki area, but does it really do anything for fans, the clubs or the sport in general in places like Oulu, Pori, Kuopio, etc? Those fans and clubs are left with a league that is in just about every aspect weaker. I don't think this is a good thing for the sport and by extension the KHL. Is the KHL really going to be able to tap into Finnish talent if the clubs that have traditionally played a major role in developing that talent are struggling to survive?

To be honest I don't think a relatively strong league (like the SM-Liiga) losing a club, even if it is the 'prestige' club from the capital, is going to be any kind of death nail for the league or the the reamaining clubs. A league losing 2, 3 or 4 clubs, like I see suggested on here, on the other hand very well could be.

CoolForumNamePending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 06:37 AM
Backami

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...0yrWLcwF1JbqQg

An interesting article about the KHL
Its interesting for an average Fox news Channel viewer. Lame sh...

Backami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 07:36 AM
eliostar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuluss View Post
On DirecTV, GolTV was part of the Sports package, at $13/mo. CenterIce, iirc, was $15/mo. Now, GolTV is part of the Spanish package for $22/mo, though I was hearing that something has kind of replaced GolTV in the Sports package.
I am not sure what 3 bucks you are talking about.
With Rogers you could order GolTV separately, at least in the past. I was paying $2.50 per month, I added 50 cents counting for inflation.

eliostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Drennan57*
New Era

Could be ok.

Drennan57* is offline   Reply With Quote