HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Doug Janik

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Takeo

vCash: 500
Doug Janik

Just wanted to hear poster opinions. If the NHL resumes play, can Janik finally solidify himself on the active roster? At 25 and following a quality year in Rochester, it seems as though a make-or-break year is approaching. Depending on Tallinder's legal status, could Janik assume the role as #3 d-man on the left side (behind Kalinin and McKee) or is he better suited to be our utility #7...if anything at all?

Stuck in Florida, I wasn't able to catch any Amerks games so any first-hand info on his game/development would be much appreciated!

Old
06-15-2005, 02:15 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Nothing in Janik's game ever stood out at me. He seemed very mediocre with no real points that stick out over our other #5/6 guys. Jillson and Campbell have offensive upside, while Fitzy and moreso Brown have good positioning and physical play. In Janik I don't see either of these things...maybe a bit more mobility than the average dman, but not much else.

Then again, with the way Buffalo's defense has been the past couple years, he might be worth a shot. He seems to me one of those guys that isn't going to do much good, but isn't going to be a liability either.

Old
06-15-2005, 03:39 PM
sabrefan27

I see him as a decent 6th defensemen in Buffalo.

Old
06-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
I think he has a legit shot to crack the 5-6 spot. What's better (or more necessary): a solid stay-at-home guy in Janik or an undersized, offensive-minded blueliner who'd probably be better suited as a forward (B.C.)? That's the question. Soupy had a good season in Europe, but what caliber was the league he was playing in?

Old
06-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Hawerchuk10

If he makes the Sabres consider himself lucky. 7th D man at best.

Also, Campbell better step it up this year or we'll all be calling for his head. He really sucked in '03-'04 IMO. He was a step better than Delmore but not by much.

Closed Thread