HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #11

View Poll Results: Who is #11?
Mark MacMillan, RW/C, North Dakota 0 0%
Gabriel Dumont, C, Hamilton Bulldogs 4 2.38%
Connor Crisp, LW/C, Eerie Otters 0 0%
Sven Andrighetto, RW/LW, Hamilton Bulldogs 5 2.98%
Martin Reway, LW/C, Gatineau Olympiques 0 0%
Josiah Didier, D, Denver 0 0%
Joonas Nattinen, C, Hamilton Bulldogs 0 0%
Erik Nystrom, LW/RW, Karlskrona 2 1.19%
Michael Bournival, C, Hamilton Bulldogs 6 3.57%
Dustin Tokarski, G, Hamilton Bulldogs 0 0%
Magnus Nygren, D, Hamilton Bulldogs 27 16.07%
Greg Pateryn, D, Hamilton Bulldogs 4 2.38%
Morgan Ellis, D, Hamilton Bulldogs 4 2.38%
Patrick Holland, C, Hamilton Bulldogs 0 0%
Jeremy Gregoire, C, Baie-Comeau Drakkar 0 0%
Dalton Thrower, D, Vancouver Giants 2 1.19%
Tim Bozon, LW, Kamloops Blazers 11 6.55%
Artturi Lehkonen, LW/RW, Kalpa 86 51.19%
Mac Bennett, D, Michigan 16 9.52%
Brady Vail, C, Windsor Spitfires 1 0.60%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2013, 06:47 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #11

It's time for the annual prospect rankings, voted by you, the Habs board prospect maniacs.

Please vote for a player and cast your vote for an add-in candidate to be amended to the next poll.

Each poll will last 24 hours.

1. Jarred Tinordi, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (47.49% of the vote)
2. Nathan Beaulieu, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (84.55% of the vote).
3. Zachary Fucale, Goaltender, Halifax Mooseheads. (43.14% of the vote).
4. Sebastien Collberg, Left Wing/Right Wing, Frolunda (70.86% of the vote).
5. Mike McCarron, Right Wing, Western Michigan (65.89% of the vote).
6. Charles Hudon, Left Wing, Chicoutimi Sangueneens (33.16% of the vote).
7. Jacob De La Rose, Center/Left Wing/Right Wing, Leksands (34.87% of the vote).
8. Louis Leblanc, Right Wing/Center, Hamilton Bulldogs (33.85% of the vote).
9. Christian Thomas, Right Wing, Hamilton Bulldogs (24.88% of the vote).
10. Darren Dietz, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs (33.33% of the vote).

Players to be added:
Mike Condon, G, Hamilton Bulldogs
Robert Mayer, G, ????
Steve Quailer, LW, Hamilton Bulldogs
Peter Delmas, D, Wheeling Nailers
Mike Cichy, C, Western Michigan
Colin Sullivan, D, Boston College
Maxim Trunev, RW, Russia
Stefan Fournier, RW, Hamilton Bulldogs

If I missed anyone or any one is on there that is NOT a member of the organization any longer or NOT considered a prospect, please let me know.

Added Jeremy Gregoire, C, Baie-Comeau Drakkar.

Old
07-11-2013, 06:50 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 50
Lehkonen, add Trunev

Old
07-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Iwishihadacup

Bennett

Old
07-11-2013, 06:52 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Lehkonen

Add Quailer.

Old
07-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Mue

Bennett

Add Sullivan.

Old
07-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Mrb1p

I've been voting Lekhonen since number 5... Why is there 6 spots in between Collberg and Lekhonen? Either Collberg is too high, Lekhonen is too low or I know nothing about hockey prospects.

Old
07-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Arturri Lekhonen
add Perezhogin

Old
07-11-2013, 06:56 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Lehkonen

Old
07-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I've been voting Lekhonen since number 5... Why is there 6 spots in between Collberg and Lekhonen? Either Collberg is too high, Lekhonen is too low or I know nothing about hockey prospects.
Concussions..

Old
07-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Concussions..
Two concussions changes everything right ?

It's not like Gallagher had 3 in his draft year.

It's not like our very best prospect last year was missing a damn leg...

Old
07-11-2013, 07:10 PM
MXD

Out of the complete blue :

Dalton Thrower.

Just had an extremely rocky year all-around.

Add Steve Quailer.

Old
07-11-2013, 07:13 PM
KadrüH

Mac Bennett for sure. Hudon should not be higher than him.

Add Condon.

Old
07-11-2013, 07:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Most people likely haven't seen much of Lekhonen and he does look like he could get beat up by a 10 year old. I watched some of the U-18 game vs Russia but didn't get too far into yet, so for me I don't have much of an opinion on Lekhonen just yet and likely won't for some time since I don't know if I will be able to watch any Finish elite league games. His numbers are damn impressive though for someone his age and size (I sure hope he finds a way to pack on the pounds cause his frame doesn't look ideal for adding a lot of mass, not saying he can't or won't)

I like Collberg so much because in addition to the skill, I like the compact frame he has and think that his lack of height may not hinder him at the NHL level. Looking at Lekhonen, Hudon, Thomas, and Reway (who I am just starting to watch and I must say I'm very impressed) I think that ranking them is going to be tough and I would expect their rankings to be all over the place as some will be able to overlook or discount the major lack of size at their age as it's clear around here some people will just look at their measurements and just write them off without putting any real thought into. It's not hard to see why some would do this though since in the past they would likely have been right 8 or 9 times out of 10. In the new era of hockey, with more of a focus on skill, going forward more and more players that lack height/strength/mass/lower body strength, etc.... may find their way to the NHL more frequently as long as they can find a way to produce offense.

It's certainly going to be interesting to see how things will go for the Habs in selecting so many highly skilled but small forward prospects, but if the NHL continues to go in the direction it's been headed, it could open the door even more. That said, you also have to wonder how many of these guys can the Habs afford to dress in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadrüH View Post
Mac Bennett for sure. Hudon should not be higher than him.

Add Condon.
Why's that? I thought of myself as one of the bigger Bennett fans on this board but I don't see why he has to be higher then Hudon.

Old
07-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Hagged

Comparing Sebastian Collberg and Artturi Lehkonen actually is quite fun. It seems that 18 year old Lehkonen has a better career than 19 and a half years old Collberg.

Both being 5'11 Collberg having a bit more pounds on him but still of the same size Collberg shouldn't have that much edge. On top of that Collberg couldn't make a succesful transition to pro even last season (post draft season) despite playing in more tactical less physical league than Lehkonen (pre draft season).

Old
07-11-2013, 07:27 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkine View Post
Comparing Sebastian Collberg and Artturi Lehkonen actually is quite fun. It seems that 18 year old Lehkonen has a better career than 19 and a half years old Collberg.

Both being 5'11 Collberg having a bit more pounds on him but still of the same size Collberg shouldn't have that much edge. On top of that Collberg couldn't make a succesful transition to pro even last season (post draft season) despite playing in more tactical less physical league than Lehkonen (pre draft season).
But if you look at their frames, Collberg has much more compact frame and good lower body strength. Looking at Lehkonen, imo he has more of a Leblanc frame (at 18 not todays LL) that looks very skinny without the lower body strength. For me I'm very big on lower body strength especially for players lacking height and or mass and or overall strength. Also while I am certainly no expert on the SEL, I thought Collberg had a successful transition to the mens league when all was said and done.

Old
07-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Hagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
But if you look at their frames, Collberg has much more compact frame and good lower body strength. Looking at Lehkonen, imo he has more of a Leblanc frame (at 18 not todays LL) that looks very skinny without the lower body strength. For me I'm very big on lower body strength especially for players lacking height and or mass and or overall strength. Also while I am certainly no expert on the SEL, I thought Collberg had a successful transition to the mens league when all was said and done.
Yes I didn't mean to undervalue Collberg even I admit it sounded that way with the bad wording I came up with. I think that if you put 1.5 years of building lower body strength an 18 year old can look quite different after it.

I also think that Lehkonen having more success in more physical league is proof of him being ahead of Collberg in development. Not necessarily in body mass / lower body strenght but as a player.

I also think Lehkonen could have an inch on Collberg when all is said and done. And Collberg being only 18 lbs heavier 1.5 years older, I could see Lehkonen putting that much over that time period if he hits the gym in the off seasons.

EDIT: Collberg being 16th in the team scoring and Lehkonen 2nd will also help Lehkonen's case. Though I admit that getting the top 6 spot has been easier for younger players in FEL since the emergence of Pulkkinen/Granlund/Armia/Barkov.

Last edited by Hagged: 07-11-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old
07-11-2013, 07:37 PM
eddy

Lehkonen, add Condon.

Old
07-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Bud2790

Bennett, add Quailer.

Old
07-11-2013, 07:48 PM
EveryDay

Nygren

add Fournier

Old
07-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Lehkonen, add Lifestyles.

Old
07-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Physical Ed

Lehkonen

Old
07-11-2013, 08:15 PM
EveryDay

This one is done!

So who's next Nygren or Bennett?

Old
07-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Most people likely haven't seen much of Lekhonen and he does look like he could get beat up by a 10 year old. I watched some of the U-18 game vs Russia but didn't get too far into yet, so for me I don't have much of an opinion on Lekhonen just yet and likely won't for some time since I don't know if I will be able to watch any Finish elite league games. His numbers are damn impressive though for someone his age and size (I sure hope he finds a way to pack on the pounds cause his frame doesn't look ideal for adding a lot of mass, not saying he can't or won't)

I like Collberg so much because in addition to the skill, I like the compact frame he has and think that his lack of height may not hinder him at the NHL level. Looking at Lekhonen, Hudon, Thomas, and Reway (who I am just starting to watch and I must say I'm very impressed) I think that ranking them is going to be tough and I would expect their rankings to be all over the place as some will be able to overlook or discount the major lack of size at their age as it's clear around here some people will just look at their measurements and just write them off without putting any real thought into. It's not hard to see why some would do this though since in the past they would likely have been right 8 or 9 times out of 10. In the new era of hockey, with more of a focus on skill, going forward more and more players that lack height/strength/mass/lower body strength, etc.... may find their way to the NHL more frequently as long as they can find a way to produce offense.

It's certainly going to be interesting to see how things will go for the Habs in selecting so many highly skilled but small forward prospects, but if the NHL continues to go in the direction it's been headed, it could open the door even more. That said, you also have to wonder how many of these guys can the Habs afford to dress in the future.

Why's that? I thought of myself as one of the bigger Bennett fans on this board but I don't see why he has to be higher then Hudon.
When all is said and done it's hard to place a player similar to Lekhonen but that was chosen in the 5th round in an extremely weak draft ahead of him no? Even more so isn't it harder to place two players with extremely low upside compared to Lekhonen's... I just think Lekhonen is victim of that damn draft hype thing....

Old
07-11-2013, 08:21 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 187
Lehkonen, add un Condon extra large

Old
07-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Dagistitsyn

Andrighetto! C'mon..

Closed Thread