HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nurse vs Pulock vs Morrissey

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2014, 07:22 PM
  #1
jayck
Registered User
 
jayck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Nurse vs Pulock vs Morrissey

In last season's draft, who do you think between these 3 are the closest to the NHL and able to reach itīs full potential? Considering their organization and development so far.
I didnt put Risto or Zadorov because they are, in my mind the 2 best D of this draft. And I think these 3 are next in line.
What do you think?

jayck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 07:39 PM
  #2
oStealthKiller
Master Monkey Herder
 
oStealthKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,404
vCash: 500
So you think all five of those guys are better then jones?

oStealthKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 07:45 PM
  #3
A91
Registered User
 
A91's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
I personally wouldn't trade Nurse for any of those guys, including Risto and Zadorov.

A91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 07:48 PM
  #4
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 26,665
vCash: 50
Those picks are looking great for Buffalo. As much as Nurse excites me, the play of Ristolainen at the World Juniors and this season makes me wonder if we picked the right guy. Still liking the pick for us though, Nurse's development looks a lot better than I thought it would so far.

1. Jones
2. Ristolainen
3. Nurse
4. Zadorov

Don't agree with Zadorov being ahead of Nurse..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 07:59 PM
  #5
Aceboogie
Registered User
 
Aceboogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 21,825
vCash: 500
Nurse is a beast. I'd probably rank them

RR/Nurse
Zadorov
Pulock
Morrissey

Not sure how zadorov is ahead. Nurse put up great points this year and had 6 points in 3 playoff games

Aceboogie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 08:03 PM
  #6
McGlassbangers
Registered User
 
McGlassbangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: McFinland
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,068
vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by A91 View Post
I personally wouldn't trade Nurse for any of those guys, including Risto and Zadorov.
100% Agreed.

McGlassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 08:04 PM
  #7
Karsa Orlong
Knight of chains
 
Karsa Orlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
All of Ristolainen, Nurse and Zadorov have been impressive this year, and its way too early to tell which will be better. They are definitely the next three though after Jones, but Morrissey is close too, he also had a great +1 season.

Jones
Ristolainen, Nurse, Zadorov
Morrissey
Pulock

Karsa Orlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 08:35 PM
  #8
ZeroPT*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,473
vCash: 50
Can't go wrong with either Nurse,Ristolainen or Zadorov. They're all very close and play a nearly identical game. Big,physical, nasty, great skaters,some offense to their games. The only thing I could see holding Nurse back is hockey sense but it's really nothing major. Probably still becomes a solid #2 guy.

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 08:38 PM
  #9
jayck
Registered User
 
jayck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oStealthKiller View Post
So you think all five of those guys are better then jones?
First thing I asked is about whos closest to NHL
Jones is already playing NHL...just sayin'

So, to specify, I don't want to talk about Jones because he is clearly #1
This topic is about the other top D of this draft.

My personal ranking is
1. Risto
2. Zadorov
3. Nurse
4. Morrissey
5. Pulock

But i created this topic to know the version of everyone!
Dont forget itīs about whos closest to NHL and to reach its ful potential! And not whos the best prospect or who jas the biggest upside. Thats why I put risto ahead of Nurse but its just IMO.


Last edited by jayck: 03-25-2014 at 08:45 PM.
jayck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 08:41 PM
  #10
George Maharis
Risk Taker
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,903
vCash: 50
Jones
Ristolainen
Zadorov
------------------
Nurse
Morrissey
Pulock

I think Nurse is closer to making the Oilers than Morrissey the Jets, but I'd take Morrissey over Nurse.

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 08:46 PM
  #11
jayck
Registered User
 
jayck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsa Orlong View Post
All of Ristolainen, Nurse and Zadorov have been impressive this year, and its way too early to tell which will be better. They are definitely the next three though after Jones, but Morrissey is close too, he also had a great +1 season.

Jones
Ristolainen, Nurse, Zadorov
Morrissey
Pulock
So youre sayin team canada made a mistake for not taking Nurse?

jayck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 08:55 PM
  #12
Karsa Orlong
Knight of chains
 
Karsa Orlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayck View Post
So youre sayin team canada made a mistake for not taking Nurse?
Where in the world did you get that out of my post?

Karsa Orlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 08:59 PM
  #13
oStealthKiller
Master Monkey Herder
 
oStealthKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayck View Post
First thing I asked is about whos closest to NHL
Jones is already playing NHL...just sayin'

So, to specify, I don't want to talk about Jones because he is clearly #1
This topic is about the other top D of this draft.

My personal ranking is
1. Risto
2. Zadorov
3. Nurse
4. Morrissey
5. Pulock

But i created this topic to know the version of everyone!
Dont forget itīs about whos closest to NHL and to reach its ful potential! And not whos the best prospect or who jas the biggest upside. Thats why I put risto ahead of Nurse but its just IMO.
I understood your question but you did say risto and zadorov were the best D in the draft then those three. I agree with your list tho if nurse and zadorov were switched

oStealthKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 09:00 PM
  #14
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,283
vCash: 500
Why are people saying Zadorov is better than Nurse

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 09:01 PM
  #15
ZeroPT*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Why are people saying Zadorov is better than Nurse
Because he's been ****ing amazing this year

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 09:13 PM
  #16
jayck
Registered User
 
jayck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsa Orlong View Post
Where in the world did you get that out of my post?
Lol sorry i should say: do you think?
Because you said that Nurse is over Morrissey. And well the first did not made team canada... I personnally think it was a mistake...

jayck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 09:19 PM
  #17
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar McLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
Because he's been ****ing amazing this year
As has been Nurse, who also happens to be the superior skater between the two of them. Just because Canada went full moron mode and took the likes of Morrisey, Bigras, and Pelech over him (and didn't even medal) doesn't take anything away from his season.

IMO

Jones

Ristolainen
Nurse
Zadorov


Morrisey
Pulock

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 09:24 PM
  #18
Aceboogie
Registered User
 
Aceboogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 21,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayck View Post
So youre sayin team canada made a mistake for not taking Nurse?
What color of Medal did they get? Of course they made a mistake

Aceboogie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 09:30 PM
  #19
Karsa Orlong
Knight of chains
 
Karsa Orlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayck View Post
Lol sorry i should say: do you think?
Because you said that Nurse is over Morrissey. And well the first did not made team canada... I personnally think it was a mistake...
Well i think Nurse is better than Morrissey, but its close, different types of players. I don't take much stock in who makes the WJC team to be honest, look how well they did.

Karsa Orlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 10:01 PM
  #20
ZeroPT*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
As has been Nurse, who also happens to be the superior skater between the two of them. Just because Canada went full moron mode and took the likes of Morrisey, Bigras, and Pelech over him (and didn't even medal) doesn't take anything away from his season.

IMO

Jones

Ristolainen
Nurse
Zadorov


Morrisey
Pulock
I'd say they're almost identical players and both fan bases should be happy with their guys

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 11:53 PM
  #21
Aceonfire*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,288
vCash: 500
Jones
Nurse/Risto
Zadorov
Morrisey
Pulock


Nurse and Risto are fairly comparable. Risto is safer defensively but Nurse has that mean/Pronger side to him that the Oilers really need.

Aceonfire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:22 AM
  #22
Captain Clutch
Registered User
 
Captain Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
1. Nurse
2. Zadorov
3. Ristolainen
4. Pulock
5. Morrissey



These guys are all GREAT prospects and surefire NHLers...all of them, most will be all-stars. I think Nurse is going to better than Jones when its all said and done, what an athlete he is and a mean streak too, invaluable at the NHL level. I love Zadorov too, great skater, huge, tough, way underrated offensively.

For some reason Pulock is not getting the love at the moment but he's an offensive force as well, not physically as talented as the others on the list but smart, great skater, elite vision, really great overall.

Captain Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:44 AM
  #23
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Those picks are looking great for Buffalo. As much as Nurse excites me, the play of Ristolainen at the World Juniors and this season makes me wonder if we picked the right guy. Still liking the pick for us though, Nurse's development looks a lot better than I thought it would so far.

1. Jones
2. Ristolainen
3. Nurse
4. Zadorov

Don't agree with Zadorov being ahead of Nurse..
I think Nurse has had the exact type of season you could hope for. He's worked very hard at his weaknesses and in the end, I'm more impressed with him now than a year ago. Obviously Jones is the best of the lot but Nurse rivals any of the others.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 12:53 AM
  #24
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,313
vCash: 500
Not a lot of love for Morrissey here! While the other dmen mentioned in this thread are quite good I'd take Morrissey over all of them except Ristolinen. He's the most skilled and the best skater of the bunch. Not sure why people think it was a mistake to take him to the WJC he lead the d in plus minus and put up some points, the fingers should be pointed elsewhere.

Risto

Morrissey

Nurse

Puluck

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 01:02 AM
  #25
Sloth Slothersons*
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
I'd say they're almost identical players and both fan bases should be happy with their guys
I'm not happy until everyone admits my player is the best.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2016 All Rights Reserved.