HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 - 2014 Season Roster Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2013, 09:42 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
I think you were going to be disappointed if you were expecting to see Martinook up at all this season let alone see lots of him prior to this signing.
I'd like to see someone young make a dent; not specifically this team, this roster, this season, just in general. Just picked the first two names that came to mind, I don't hold my breath that Tippett is going to grab a 20 year old off Portland's 2nd line and put him on the first line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
... we have a stable of young trade-worthy d-men losing value by the minute.
That knife cuts both ways, and even after watching Chris Conner on our PP at the end of last year, I'd always rather be loaded on D and take my chances up front than the other way around. As impatient as you are, there are Tampa fans who are twice as nervous. In Maloney We Trust ...

How does Ribeiro affect Yandle? Just that we're less desperate for a big forward? Because if a 40-goal winger with a good contract came on the market I'd be willing to part with KY3. Not a Chechoo-type maybe, but a legit 1W. Don't need a blow-away package, just a 1-for-1 type swap and I'd probably be elated.

Old
07-19-2013, 10:24 PM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
We needed goals. We drafted a goal scorer and signed a PPG UFA. What do you want?
How about someone that can score 25 on a regular basis? Someone you put out there in the final minute and can maybe put the puck in the net. The guy we signed is a playmaker, and aging at that, and the guy we drafted wont be ready until another 2 years.

Old
07-19-2013, 11:00 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
How about someone that can score 25 on a regular basis? Someone you put out there in the final minute and can maybe put the puck in the net. The guy we signed is a playmaker, and aging at that, and the guy we drafted wont be ready until another 2 years.
Ribiero is our first legitimate 1C since Roenick. One of the best playmakers in the league. Sure he may not score more than 20 goals himself, but he certainly can get everyone else he plays with to score at that level, even higher. Fact remains he's had success under Tippett in Dallas and is a PPG center. Yes, he's older, but he's already kinda an average skater already - he's not really going to get any slower lol. I'm not exactly sure how we could've done any better in getting a 1C short of trading OEL.

And as for Domi - whom would you prefer we drafted? Horvat was already gone at 12. Shinkaruk I'd say is even less NHL-ready than Domi because of that rail-thin physique of his. The more talented & NHL ready players like Mackinnon and Barkov were already long gone.

Last edited by IPreferPi: 07-20-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old
07-19-2013, 11:40 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

I think the bottom line is we're better offensively than we were last year because we have a top line center and we got him without giving up any of our defensive depth. That means we aren't done imo. There's a trade or two still to be made and depending on how much actual cash we move and take on, we could still add another FA. The roster isn't set but I already like it a hell of a lot better than at this point last year. We need to have a little more patience until we see Maloney's final product.

Old
07-20-2013, 02:05 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Oh dude, you never noticed Vrbata? You should google it.

07-20-2013, 02:17 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Ribiero is our first legitimate 1C since Roenick. One of the best playmakers in the league. Sure he may not score more than 20 goals himself, but he certainly can get everyone else he plays with to score at that level, even higher. Fact remains he's had success under Tippett in Dallas and is a PPG center. Yes, he's older, but he's already kinda an average skater already - he's not really going to get any slower lol. I'm not exactly sure how we could've done any better in getting a 1C short of trading OEL.

And as for Domi - whom would you prefer we drafted? Horvat was already gone at 12. Shinkaruk I'd say is even less NHL-ready than Domi because of that rail-thin physique of his. The more talented & NHL ready players like Mackinnon and Barkov were already long gone.
Oh, no way. WJF is the best at proposing alternative situations. Ribeiro was a crap signing; he's old. Domi was a crap draft pick; he's too far away. Yip is a crap signing; there were way better out there.

WJF is about to drop some knowledge. He is. It's his specialty. Just watch, he's about to identify several key personnel flaws for us. This is going to be way good.

I will let WJC identify the following:

1. Better draft picks than Max Domi at number twelve.

2. Better UFA centers available on the open market than Mike Ribeiro.

3. Better UFA 4RW options than Yip available via UFA and willing to accept a 2way deal.

It's going to be good. He leaves Maloney in the dust. His track record for suggesting solutions speaks for itself. Just check his post history. We are currently waiting on....

...one. One single ****ing proposed solution ever. Ever.

Old
07-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Oh dude, you never noticed Vrbata? You should google it.
To be fair to WJF, he said regular basis. We all know we needed more offense, and with Riberio's playmaking skills I think Vrbata can easily hit 25+ goals on a regular basis.

Old
07-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Jakey53

Quote:

Exactly

Old
07-20-2013, 11:19 AM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Oh, no way. WJF is the best at proposing alternative situations. Ribeiro was a crap signing; he's old. Domi was a crap draft pick; he's too far away. Yip is a crap signing; there were way better out there.

WJF is about to drop some knowledge. He is. It's his specialty. Just watch, he's about to identify several key personnel flaws for us. This is going to be way good.

I will let WJC identify the following:

1. Better draft picks than Max Domi at number twelve.

2. Better UFA centers available on the open market than Mike Ribeiro.

3. Better UFA 4RW options than Yip available via UFA and willing to accept a 2way deal.

It's going to be good. He leaves Maloney in the dust. His track record for suggesting solutions speaks for itself. Just check his post history. We are currently waiting on....

...one. One single ****ing proposed solution ever. Ever.
I don't have any problem with the drafting of Domi and the signing of Ribeiro. I think they're excellent acquisitions. However, they don't solve our immediate need to add goal-scoring to this team.

What I'm advocating is that we move one or some of our excess defenders - who, quite frankly, we're stifling by not playing due to our abundance of quality d-men - for some scoring up front.

No, I don't expect us to land Bobby Ryan, but are you telling me that we can't find some consistent 20-goal scorer out there with all the young, promising D-men we have? Damn, I would even be in favor of moving a 1st to add to that package. I don't think its unreasonable given that we expect to compete now and already have a decent amount of prospects in the pipeline.

1st + Klesla + Rundblad/C. Murphy/M. Stone is a good package. Don't tell me that it can't land us a 20-25 goal scorer.

Old
07-20-2013, 11:22 AM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
To be fair to WJF, he said regular basis. We all know we needed more offense, and with Riberio's playmaking skills I think Vrbata can easily hit 25+ goals on a regular basis.
Unfortunately, it's unlikely the two are even going to playing together.

Ribeiro will be left to rot on some line with Doaner and Korpi.

Old
07-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Jakey53

Quote:

On the powerplay.

Old
07-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
I don't have any problem with the drafting of Domi and the signing of Ribeiro. I think they're excellent acquisitions. However, they don't solve our immediate need to add goal-scoring to this team.

What I'm advocating is that we move one or some of our excess defenders - who, quite frankly, we're stifling by not playing due to our abundance of quality d-men - for some scoring up front.

No, I don't expect us to land Bobby Ryan, but are you telling me that we can't find some consistent 20-goal scorer out there with all the young, promising D-men we have? Damn, I would even be in favor of moving a 1st to add to that package. I don't think its unreasonable given that we expect to compete now and already have a decent amount of prospects in the pipeline.

1st + Klesla + Rundblad/C. Murphy/M. Stone is a good package. Don't tell me that it can't land us a 20-25 goal scorer.
Yeah, that is a great package, so who do you suggest we go after?

Old
07-20-2013, 12:17 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

Are you willfully choosing to completely ignore Don Maloney publicly saying he's going to attempt to acquire a top six winger via trade? He's also indicated it will be closer to camp. Do you thinking he's just making that up?

Also, Ribeiro and Vrbata will play together plenty. Man advantage.

Old
07-20-2013, 01:39 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:

Murphy looked great at the prospects camp, but his trade value is pretty low due to his injury history. We might as well just keep him and see if he gets back on track with his development. Meanwhile, Stone just resigned to a very affordable 3 year contract and with Morris a UFA next season, it's clear Maloney feels he has a future as a Top 4 d-man on our blueline.

So we're left with Klesla and Rundblad (really don't think our prospect pool is that flush with talent to start giving up first rounders yet). Both most likely to move among our D, and I agree they should land us a top 6 scoring forward. There are buyers out there (Tampa). And Maloney has clearly indicated that he's going to make a trade. So it's just a matter of when, not if.

Old
07-20-2013, 02:13 PM
DesertDawg

According to capgeek the Coyotes are @ $50.9 mil in real money (w/o Yip). With the NHL still owning the team and speculation that this is the NHL's budget, the optimist in me is speculating that the Boedker signing will wait until new ownership takes over.

Trading Klesla and promoting a prospect on defenseman will free up about what it would take to take on a contract like Malone. With Michalek, the contract could be someone like Erat or even Grabovski

Arbitration starts next week. I wonder if any team will walk away from any of the rulings?

I'm going to go out on the proverbial limb and say in a year, and us Coyote fans will be discussing something totally new, the cap ceiling for the Coyotes. Maybe I'm being too optimistic....

Old
07-20-2013, 02:19 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Murphy looked great at the prospects camp, but his trade value is pretty low due to his injury history. We might as well just keep him and see if he gets back on track with his development.
Murphy has the size and the smarts to make the transition and I still believe that the injuries were all a hoax so they can implant bionic parts in him...

Old
07-20-2013, 02:54 PM
zz

Quote:
In all seriousness, can Maloney not find a team who needs a defensemen or two in this league? Are you telling me that team like Philly and Tampa don't make good trading partners, or for that matter, Edmonton?
So let me get this straight. You think we can trade some D for a 25+ 'guaranteed' goal scorer. In the the 2 teams you listed, only Giroux, Hall & Eberle qualify as guaranteed 25+ goal scorers. Everyone else's stats are no better than Vrbata's.

All 3 just got signed long-term. What do you propose exactly??

Old
07-20-2013, 09:37 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
So let me get this straight. You think we can trade some D for a 25+ 'guaranteed' goal scorer. In the the 2 teams you listed, only Giroux, Hall & Eberle qualify as guaranteed 25+ goal scorers. Everyone else's stats are no better than Vrbata's.

All 3 just got signed long-term. What do you propose exactly??
What about the possibility of grabbing Moulson or Grabner from the islanders?

Old
07-20-2013, 09:48 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

Let's slow our roll on cap ceiling talk.

Moulson and Grabner are probably get-able for Klesla + something substantial. Moulson for, hypothetically, Klesla + Rundblad's rights + a 2 is way less attractive than Klesla for Malone.

Grabovski signed in Russia. Even if he were available, I don't want him or Vermette as 4C so we'd be talking about moving guy(s) again. Even Grabovski as 3C is the problem he had in Toronto.

Old
07-20-2013, 10:02 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Let's slow our roll on cap ceiling talk.

Moulson and Grabner are probably get-able for Klesla + something substantial. Moulson for, hypothetically, Klesla + Rundblad's rights + a 2 is way less attractive than Klesla for Malone.

Grabovski signed in Russia. Even if he were available, I don't want him or Vermette as 4C so we'd be talking about moving guy(s) again. Even Grabovski as 3C is the problem he had in Toronto.
Well first off it was moulson or grabner, not and.

Getting one of them with Klesla+ would be fine with me. Malone is an attractive piece but moulson is a better player. Could also be a larger deal involving more players. I won't make up a proposal right now because I'm on my phone but NYI do have some attractive pieces we could obtain. If boedker is being a crapper about contract talks then we could send him and Klesla in a package for something.

Old
07-20-2013, 10:12 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

Didn't mean a Moulson / Grabner package. Either individually would cost Klesla + something substantial.

Old
07-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Etch

vCash: 650
If we could trade klesla and rundblad for moulsen I would really have to think about it. He would be a great winger for ribs and could score a ton. That also fixes our top 6 issue with a proven solid winger who has missed ONE game in the last 4 seasons. Pretty durable guy. And he's only making what, 3.3M?

The drawbacks for me here are that he's on his last contract year and could split at the end of the season... Also with a team like ours it does hurt to give up 2 for 1 in assets, even if we are stacked on D, but this would help us.

Also haven't seen him a ton admitedly, don't know if he'd really fit in... It is an interesting proposal.

Old
07-20-2013, 10:40 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch View Post
If we could trade klesla and rundblad for moulsen I would really have to think about it. He would be a great winger for ribs and could score a ton. That also fixes our top 6 issue with a proven solid winger who has missed ONE game in the last 4 seasons. Pretty durable guy. And he's only making what, 3.3M?

The drawbacks for me here are that he's on his last contract year and could split at the end of the season... Also with a team like ours it does hurt to give up 2 for 1 in assets, even if we are stacked on D, but this would help us.

Also haven't seen him a ton admitedly, don't know if he'd really fit in... It is an interesting proposal.
I think Moulson would be a great fit, and although he is an impending UFA, in all reality, they tend to be more likely to resign/extend if they are traded for during the offseason instead of at the trade deadline. But FWIW, I proposed Klesla + Rundblad for Moulson to Isles HFers on the trade board and they panned it.

Old
07-20-2013, 10:48 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

List of impending UFA forwards we can try to make a go at: http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year...F&fa_type_id=2

Old
07-20-2013, 11:23 PM
DesertDawg

...actually Grabovsky would be a good fit @ LW with Hanzal and Vrbata and would give DT options with lines and he was not signed to play in Russia. He recently got married, the day after he was bought out and free agency just started, but I expect GMDM will trade for for a forward instead.

Closed Thread