HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Where does the Leafs Top 6 rank in the NHL?

View Poll Results: Leafs top 6 vs. NHL
Top 5 44 9.71%
Top 10 140 30.91%
Top 15 170 37.53%
Below top 15 99 21.85%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2013, 01:49 AM
  #26
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0
 
RandV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,777
vCash: 500
It's a relatively new group so I'd like to see one more solid 82 game season before I put them in the top 10.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:52 AM
  #27
BIitz
42
 
BIitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Parthenon
Country: Greece
Posts: 13,102
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
One could argue Hall > Kessel, or at least equals Kessel. He had almost as many points with a few games missed. But he adds a physical, power game.

Kadri = RNH..really? I was one of the people who weren't sure how RNH's offense would translate to the NHL and I'd take him over kadri, easily.

Eberle > Lupul. They're probably similar when they're both playing, but Lupul gets injured pretty easily.
Not going to argue Kadri = RNH, cause I agree with you.

Lemme get this straight, Hall > Kessel cause he brings a power game, but it's not Halls fault he's injured.

But Lupul vs Eberle, Lupul brings a power game which you ignore, and it's Lupul's fault he gets injured easily, even though you ignore the fact Hall's never played a full season.

So anything positive for Oil players is there, and the negatives are just luck, and that same logic doesn't apply to Leaf players.

Got it.

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:52 AM
  #28
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.
 
A1LeafNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
One could argue Hall > Kessel, or at least equals Kessel. He had almost as many points with a few games missed. But he adds a physical, power game.

Kadri = RNH..really? I was one of the people who weren't sure how RNH's offense would translate to the NHL and I'd take him over kadri, easily.

Eberle > Lupul. They're probably similar when they're both playing, but Lupul gets injured pretty easily.
Been trying to buy into the RNH hype, just can't get there. I love Kadri's game. Playmaker, makes players like Orr better, sandpaper, sick hands, sweet shot.

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:55 AM
  #29
Oiltankjob Fail
Registered User
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,693
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Kessel > Hall
Kadri = RNH
Lupul > Eberle
JVR < Yakupov
Bozak = Gagner
Clarkson > Perron

Win for Leafs and Leafs don't get pounded into the boards. They aren't marshmallow soft.
Hall> kessel Hall career ppg .85 Kessel .75
Eberle> Lupul EBS ppg .80 Lupul .64
Yakupov > JVR .Yaks .65 JVR.54
Gagner> Bozak Gagner .62 Bozak.54
Rnh > kAdri Rnh.75 Kadri.63

All have better ppg already younger and more upside lol Leaf fans


Last edited by Oiltankjob Fail: 07-13-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:56 AM
  #30
thedustman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Kessel > Hall
Kadri = RNH
Lupul > Eberle
JVR < Yakupov
Bozak = Gagner
Clarkson > Perron

Win for Leafs and Leafs don't get pounded into the boards. They aren't marshmallow soft.
ha i agree with the outcome, but one-on-one decisions like this is no way to determine a better top six. this isn't baseball. chemistry matters

thedustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:59 AM
  #31
CanucksSayEh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 500
Kessel=Hall
Kadri=RNH (for now, could go either way in a hurry)
Lupul>Eberle ( pretty close )
Yakupov>=JVR (expect to be Yak next year, JVR still awesome. )

pretty comparable, Leafs are just men, Oil are boys, will change soon.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:00 AM
  #32
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,527
vCash: 500
I'd take Oil's forward group going forward without thinking twice. Leaf's top 6 is top 15. Not enough of a sample size for me to call em top 10 yet.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:02 AM
  #33
Srsly
Registered User
 
Srsly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Hall> kessel Hall career ppg .85 Kessel .75
Eberle> Lupul EBS ppg .80 Lupul .64
Yakupov > JVR .
Gagner> Bozak
Rnh > kAdri
I'd actually rate Kessel and Hall pretty equally while giving Kessel a slight offensive edge but Hall a better all around game.

I just wanted to state how inaccurate career ppg is. I don't really care how bad Kessel was five years ago or how many points Lupul put up with a broken back on the third line.

Anyway, back on topic. League wise I think we're closer to 10th but definitely have the potential to get better.

Srsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:03 AM
  #34
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
Not going to argue Kadri = RNH, cause I agree with you.

Lemme get this straight, Hall > Kessel cause he brings a power game, but it's not Halls fault he's injured.

But Lupul vs Eberle, Lupul brings a power game which you ignore, and it's Lupul's fault he gets injured easily, even though you ignore the fact Hall's never played a full season.

So anything positive for Oil players is there, and the negatives are just luck, and that same logic doesn't apply to Leaf players.

Got it.
Hall just had his breakout season. He missed three games..big deal. Missing three games isn't as big as the 15+ Lupul misses every year.

Lupul doesn't really bring a power game. He's an all around offensive player. However, seeing him a lot, his defensive game is really cringe-worthy. He sacrifices a defensive game for a good offensive game for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Been trying to buy into the RNH hype, just can't get there. I love Kadri's game. Playmaker, makes players like Orr better, sandpaper, sick hands, sweet shot.
Why do Leaf fans constantly bring up Orr when talking about Kadri?

He barely played with Orr. It's irrelevant.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:06 AM
  #35
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,449
vCash: 500
Meh. Many will disagree, but I'll take:

Benn - Seguin - Peverley
Whitney - Horcoff/Eakin - Chiasson

Over Toronto's top 6.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:07 AM
  #36
Elum
Registered User
 
Elum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Hall just had his breakout season. He missed three games..big deal. Missing three games isn't as big as the 15+ Lupul misses every year.

Lupul doesn't really bring a power game. He's an all around offensive player. However, seeing him a lot, his defensive game is really cringe-worthy. He sacrifices a defensive game for a good offensive game for sure.



Why do Leaf fans constantly bring up Orr when talking about Kadri?

He barely played with Orr. It's irrelevant.
This is the first year Hall hasn't missed like 20 games.

Elum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:08 AM
  #37
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Kessel > Hall
Kadri = RNH
Lupul > Eberle
JVR < Yakupov
Bozak = Gagner
Clarkson > Perron

Win for Leafs and Leafs don't get pounded into the boards. They aren't marshmallow soft.
Kessel >/= Hall
Lupul < Eberle
Kadri =/< RNH
JVR = Yakupov
Bozak < Gagner
Clarkson < Perron

No I think EDM's is better.

For me top 15, need to see it consistently, but right now on paper top 15, in the 10-15 area IMO.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:11 AM
  #38
BIitz
42
 
BIitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Parthenon
Country: Greece
Posts: 13,102
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Hall just had his breakout season. He missed three games..big deal. Missing three games isn't as big as the 15+ Lupul misses every year.

Lupul doesn't really bring a power game. He's an all around offensive player. However, seeing him a lot, his defensive game is really cringe-worthy. He sacrifices a defensive game for a good offensive game for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elum View Post
This is the first year Hall hasn't missed like 20 games.
This anwsers the first part.

If Lupul doesn't bring a power game how does Hall? Lupul brings more hits and PIM, and I know thats not the end all be all of a PF. Lupul also goes hard to the front of the net, is our best cycle player, and is very physical when he needs to be.

Again, Hall is better than Lupul defensively?

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:12 AM
  #39
iane
turtleneck
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tromsų
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Kessel > Hall
Kadri = RNH
Lupul > Eberle
JVR < Yakupov
Bozak = Gagner
Clarkson > Perron

Win for Leafs and Leafs don't get pounded into the boards. They aren't marshmallow soft.
Let me correct that for you

Kadri < RNH
Lupul < Eberle
JVR < Yakupov
Bozak < Gagner
Clarkson < Perron

iane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:13 AM
  #40
thedustman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Meh. Many will disagree, but I'll take:

Benn - Seguin - Peverley
Whitney - Horcoff/Eakin - Chiasson

Over Toronto's top 6.
benn seguin and chiasson are wonderful but i am one of the many who will disagree. Peverley has cemented himself as a third liner in my mind and i'd prefer eakin to horcoff. it is close

thedustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:16 AM
  #41
Elum
Registered User
 
Elum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
This anwsers the first part.

If Lupul doesn't bring a power game how does Hall? Lupul brings more hits and PIM, and I know thats not the end all be all of a PF. Lupul also goes hard to the front of the net, is our best cycle player, and is very physical when he needs to be.

Again, Hall is better than Lupul defensively?
You got the wrong person lol, I wasn't the person the guy was talking to.

I was just pointing out Hall has missed a lot of games as well.

Elum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:19 AM
  #42
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.
 
A1LeafNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iann View Post
Let me correct that for you

Kadri < RNH
Lupul < Eberle
JVR < Yakupov
Bozak < Gagner
Clarkson < Perron
Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but didn't MacTavish want Clarkson for more money over Perron.

Even the oilers GM thinks Clarkson > Perron

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:20 AM
  #43
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Top 10. Replacing Bozak with a big strong 2-way centre is the most pressing need right now. If that happens, they'll have a true contender top 6 rather than one that will only make the playoffs.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:21 AM
  #44
BIitz
42
 
BIitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Parthenon
Country: Greece
Posts: 13,102
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elum View Post
You got the wrong person lol, I wasn't the person the guy was talking to.

I was just pointing out Hall has missed a lot of games as well.
I was using your post to show that Halls as injury prone as Lupul.

BIitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:22 AM
  #45
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE
 
Atomos2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,630
vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
Think harder.
Well done. You've convinced me.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:23 AM
  #46
thedustman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but didn't MacTavish want Clarkson for more money over Perron.

Even the oilers GM thinks Clarkson > Perron
did macT know perron was available when he signed clarkson? clarkson is only getting more money because he was a ufa. also, clarkson would have fit better with the oilers.. he has some bulk they lack.. doesnt mean hes a better player than perron. that is the problem with one on one assessments

thedustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:28 AM
  #47
um
Registered User
 
um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
Just no....

Anyways, I'd rank leafs top 6 forwards anywhere from 10 to 7.

If they do get a 1C then it's definitely top 5.
dont be silly

ovechkin>kessel
backstrom>lupul
erat<kadri
laich>bozak
johansson=jvr
brouwer>clarkson

and i was being kind with ovechkin and backstrom

e. staal>kessel
semin>lupul
j. staal>kadri
skinner>bozak
tlusty>jvr
ruutu=clarkson

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:31 AM
  #48
AuraSphere
Registered User
 
AuraSphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,116
vCash: 500
Top 10 Def, if only they had a legitemate #1 center, oh well.

AuraSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:32 AM
  #49
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.
 
A1LeafNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
dont be silly

ovechkin>kessel
backstrom>lupul
erat<kadri
laich>bozak
johansson=jvr
brouwer>clarkson

and i was being kind with ovechkin and backstrom

e. staal>kessel
semin>lupul
j. staal>kadri
skinner>bozak
tlusty>jvr
ruutu=clarkson
ovechkin = kessel
backstrom> kadri
erat< lupul
laich < jvr
johansson < bozak
brouwer < clarkson

e. staal > kessel
semin < lupul
j. staal > bozak
skinner < kadri
tlusty < jvr
ruutu < clarkson

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:37 AM
  #50
LakeshoreWest
Leafs in 7
 
LakeshoreWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,856
vCash: 500
They have a nicely balanced group that's tough and can score with the best in the league. The bickering in these threads is unreal.

LakeshoreWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.