HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Kossy boy running away with this one.

truck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:28 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 500
Scotty Koss is the easy choice.......I hope he steps up his game this year and is consitant top flight player. Last year he was streaky going on point streaks and winning OHL player of the week honors and then would dissappear for a while..

He has to dominate in his 19th year adding size and strength to his game.......

also add Chairott

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Becel
I Hate Jamie Macoun

voted Kos, add Kasdorf - his numbers are right up there with Hellebuyck, both freshman who took a average team to high national rankings (3 and 16).

Becel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:34 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Oh for the love of....

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Channelcat

vCash: 2014
I'm very curious to see more of JST!

Channelcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:38 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Apparently, the OHL is a better league the the KHL or AHL....

Old
07-13-2013, 11:44 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
Hello fellow Kulda voter!

He should've been top 10 already. This is getting crazy. He has as much pro experience as Postma and Redmond combined at the same age.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:52 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
........... That is a funny ass-umption to make based on our prospect list.

A more correct conclusion....... would be that people on this board hope and value a players potential to make a difference at the NHL level in the future......rather than a players curent level of play (career KHL or minor league player)......

If we were picking players to play a pick up game today..... Players like Kulda. Cormier, and Melechiori would be picked alot higher due to their maturity and level of play at this time......... If we were to assess their value to the Jets organization in the future (prospect lists) ...... I feel Kulda does not make the top 20 lists

Old
07-13-2013, 11:59 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

How can he not make it when Redmond and Postma are there? I feel as though people are voting on wether management will sign him or not. Arguably if they signed him he would have a greater contribution than Redmond or Kulda due to the lack of depth in front of him.

If he doesn't get a chance this year, he's a UFA next summer (Postma and Redmond are likely as well) and will probably thrive elsewhere.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:00 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
........... That is a funny ass-umption to make based on our prospect list.

A more correct conclusion....... would be that people on this board hope and value a players potential to make a difference at the NHL level in the future......rather than a players curent level of play (career KHL or minor league player)......

If we were picking players to play a pick up game today..... Players like Kulda. Cormier, and Melechiori would be picked alot higher due to their maturity and level of play at this time......... If we were to assess their value to the Jets organization in the future (prospect lists) ...... I feel Kulda does not make the top 20 lists
Well let's look at this. Kosmachuk has played 3 seasons in the OHL with a PPG average of .71. He has never had a PPG season in the OHL either. He's got some potential but that's all, just raw potential. Hasn't proven much of anything. There's no guarantee he even has any kind of success in the AHL.

Kulda on the other hand has had success in the AHL and the KHL. He also has shown potential, albeit, not much more then where he's at currently. But he has proven to be a somewhat successful pro because he has had success to two good pro leagues.

This isn't just about who has the higher ceiling. You also have to ***** where players are in their development and Kulda is much further along then quite a few guys ahead of him. Sure, right now several of them have higher potential, but that is only because we do not know where their limits, or ceiling is.

Old
07-13-2013, 12:17 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
Well let's look at this. Kosmachuk has played 3 seasons in the OHL with a PPG average of .71. He has never had a PPG season in the OHL either. He's got some potential but that's all, just raw potential. Hasn't proven much of anything. There's no guarantee he even has any kind of success in the AHL.

Kulda on the other hand has had success in the AHL and the KHL. He also has shown potential, albeit, not much more then where he's at currently. But he has proven to be a somewhat successful pro because he has had success to two good pro leagues.

This isn't just about who has the higher ceiling. You also have to ***** where players are in their development and Kulda is much further along then quite a few guys ahead of him. Sure, right now several of them have higher potential, but that is only because we do not know where their limits, or ceiling is.
I agree with your statements above.........

However I think we dis agree with guidelines of what we should base our picks on this prospect list......

I like Kulda........ If rhe Jets would have signed him to a 1 way 2 year contract at 600 k per year at the beginning of the summer .... I would have rated him tied with where Postma is rated......on this prospect lists......I would be hoping he came to Training Camp ....kicked the doors in and stole the #2 LD spot and became Bogos partner again...........

The Jets are not showing any faith in him ( see no contract and the recent signing of Pardy ) and as such I do not see him contributting to the Jets cause in the future.

A better arguement for you would be ....Are the Jets making a mistake not getting behind Kulda????? I would then tend to agree with you...... However the Jets have had him around the Ahl and practicing with the team for 2 months last year ( even paid him to sit in the press box $120000k)....... They have chosen to let him go (right or wrong) IMHO

Old
07-13-2013, 12:23 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
I agree with your statements above.........

However I think we dis agree with guidelines of what we should base our picks on this prospect list......

I like Kulda........ If rhe Jets would have signed him to a 1 way 2 year contract at 600 k per year at the beginning of the summer .... I would have rated him tied with where Postma is rated......on this prospect lists......I would be hoping he came to Training Camp ....kicked the doors in and stole the #2 LD spot and became Bogos partner again...........

The Jets are not showing any faith in him ( see no contract and the recent signing of Pardy ) and as such I do not see him contributting to the Jets cause in the future.

A better arguement for you would be ....Are the Jets making a mistake not getting behind Kulda????? I would then tend to agree with you...... However the Jets have had him around the Ahl and practicing with the team for 2 months last year ( even paid him to sit in the press box $120000k)....... They have chosen to let him go (right or wrong) IMHO
Also in regards to Kossmachuck you are right he is just as likly to bust as he is to progress......... Every body hopes he develops to be a contributor at the AHL and then Nhl level........ If he does not progress he falls off the list next year ....like Yuen/Klingborg/ and Cormier are falling..... or he moves up like Odell did.....thats what were doing here rating our prospects chance to improve.....and contribute to the Jets future

Old
07-13-2013, 12:26 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
voted J.C Lipon

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:04 PM
JetsWillFly4Ever

I have a strange feeling Brenden Kichton is going to surprise all of us. So I voted for him.

JetsWillFly4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Rheged
JMFT

Voted Kulda, add Sutter.

Rheged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Hello fellow Kulda voter!

He should've been top 10 already. This is getting crazy. He has as much pro experience as Postma and Redmond combined at the same age.
If Claude don't trust 'im, I don't trust 'im!!!!

Just kidding - I'm with you guys. Kulda should get some respect here.

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:00 PM
EastRiver

Kosmachuk.
Add Kasdorf.

EastRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:02 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

With Kulda in 2nd it'll be interesting to see how many slide over to Lipon over Kulda next round.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:17 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
With Kulda in 2nd it'll be interesting to see how many slide over to Lipon over Kulda next round.
Kulda easily took 2nd last time too.

Old
07-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Kulda is never becoming Bogosian's partner. Just throwing that out there. If he becomes a #7 guy for us then he's lucky.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 06:47 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Also....I'm very much Lipon > Kosmachuk. They're very similar players in style (Kosmo is more goal scorer, Lipon is more playmaker. Both abrasive as hell) We'd be ecstatic if Kosmo could break out and be an over ppg player next year. Yet will he be an almost point and a half per game player next year? I'm not so sure. What I am sure of is Lipon already did it (well around 1.45 ppg last year).

So Lipon > Kosmo because he's been there, done that already.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 10:54 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Also....I'm very much Lipon > Kosmachuk. They're very similar players in style (Kosmo is more goal scorer, Lipon is more playmaker. Both abrasive as hell) We'd be ecstatic if Kosmo could break out and be an over ppg player next year. Yet will he be an almost point and a half per game player next year? I'm not so sure. What I am sure of is Lipon already did it (well around 1.45 ppg last year).

So Lipon > Kosmo because he's been there, done that already.
While I agree that Lipon is further ahead - and it would be ideal if Kossy's points per game followed his progression - there us something to be said about their respective strength of teammates.

They are pretty close in my mind and I can't say with confidence who has a better shot, but I am glad both are in the pipeline.