buff for gagner plus 3rd round pick
Nope.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:51 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
IF Chevy was to go this route I'd want him to add depth as much as anything else.

Ebs and the #1s aren't going to be on the table anyways, but something like:

Oscar Klefbom OR Martin Marincin, Toni Rajala OR Teemu Hartikainen and a 2014 1st

Of course viability would depend on TNSE's believe in those players and both side's desire to get a deal done.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:51 AM
EpicGingy

vCash: 2192
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorbjorb View Post
buff for eberle. no other picks.

that wouldn't happen

lets be realistic

buff for gagner plus 3rd round pick
So not only do we downgrade our roster we throw in a draft pick for good measure?

Riiiiiight...

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:11 AM
pcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
Hey Winnipeg fans, just wanted to know if you guys would ever move big Buff, and if so, what would you want in return from the Oilers?
Kelevra -

Please say you're kidding. While I'm a Jets fans first, I'd hate to see EDM take on this pile of well, you know what I mean. Just watch game tape of his defensive TOI and you'll see why he has very little trade value.

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:19 AM
EpicGingy

vCash: 2192
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
Kelevra -

Please say you're kidding. While I'm a Jets fans first, I'd hate to see EDM take on this pile of well, you know what I mean. Just watch game tape of his defensive TOI and you'll see why he has very little trade value.
His defensive game is weak but not so weak as to completely remove the value of his offensive production and occassional physicality. He has plenty of trade value. A trade with Edmonton, however, really isn't a fit at all.

But defensemen who are consistently at the top of their position in points don't grow on trees. To say he has little trade value is stretch.

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:37 AM
ps241
Get on board Sip :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapshotSuperstar View Post
well with all of the arbitration going on.. who knows what could happen.. Bogosian.. Wheels.. Little.. Gagner.. etc..
Jets could run low on cap room..

I know bogo has the most value of the bunch but if you wanted yak, the oilers would want bogo included..

Also not too high on buff after watching him last season.. kinda fell off the map defensively down the stretch and lost his coverage too many times in too many late games last year.. also had too many up the ice rushes on his own ala bobby orr which in turn led to many odd-man rushes going the other way..

the season before that he missed a few too many games for my liking.. point is.. hes a risky player with an offensive flare.. but is past his prime and is on a downward curve in his career... asking for a 19-23 year old #1 overall draft pick/folk hero (potential)superstar is over the top and way too much for him. In a few years the hope is that J.Schultz will be putting up his numbers anyways and also have Klefbomb and Nurse to throw in the mix as well, so there is no need or any desperation..

you could be more realistic get a top6 RW around his own age whos been to the SCF Game7 in hemsky and a 1st most likely something around that with an A Prospect assuming buff could even pass the physical after all of his marguaritas on his boat in Minnny.

Im sure big buff would just love coach eakins too lol .. it wouldnt workout for him in E-Town the jets could probably get better value from going elsewhere, as could the Oilers.
Not a bad post

As far as Yak for Bogo.....I am a huge Bogo fan but Yak is definitely more than fair based on what he has got done at a young age and his draft pedigree. I doubt the Oilers would be interested and the Jets will be building our D around Bogo and after the Burmi exit I doubt they are looking to add a Russian so in the real world neither side really makes this move. Yak is very dynamic and there is no way Mac T moves him IMHO but I am not on the ground in Edmonton.

I think you are highlighting Buff's challenges but short selling what he brings to the table. A 28 year old defenseman is not past his prime and I think Buff's best years will be over the next 5 seasons....Buff had a freak accident when Bertuzzi lost his balance and flew into Buff's knee (low bridged him) which lead to all the problems in 2011-12. I am hearing good things about his offseason fitness so letís see how his health is this year before we write him off.

Buff might not be everyone's cup of tea but he has put up excellent scoring numbers over the past three seasons and there would be a market for him if he ever got shopped. Here's the thing though we have heard zero reports that Winnipeg is shopping Buff even from troll reporters........I don't think it is happening but I could be wrong. Buff gets shopped allot on HFBoards but in the real world I haven't heard of any "outbound calls" from the Jets on Big Buff. Hemsky on the other hand appears to have been on the market for a long time in the real world (correct me if I'm wrong) and certainly since Mac T took over. He has 1 year left on a $5 million dollar contract and the only way I see the Oilers getting anything for him in this cap reduced year is at the trade deadline and even then I don't think you will get much. I like Ales but he is a dead man walking at this point IMO.

Honestly I don't think the Oilers and the Jets make very good trading partners.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:56 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 1625
Damn, I'd love Eberle on this team.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:58 AM
JetsTrueNorth

I don't think Buff will go anywhere myself. I think we're stuck with him and his inflated contract.

I also fully expect that Buff will come into camp out of shape AGAIN! He's shown zero work ethic thus far, and I just don't buy the rumors that he'll be at camp in good shape. That being said, his value will plummet in a hurry, especially if he shows up to camp the way he did last year. Soon the injuries will mount, and he'll be sidelined for the bulk of the season.

I predict that Byfuglien shows up over weight, puts in a decent effort for the first 20 games, before the long schedule grind and excess weight catch up with his health. He'll be on the injured list for most of the season, and by trade deadline we'll be lucky to get a couple draft picks for him.

JetsTrueNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:10 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsTrueNorth View Post
I don't think Buff will go anywhere myself. I think we're stuck with him and his inflated contract.

I also fully expect that Buff will come into camp out of shape AGAIN! He's shown zero work ethic thus far, and I just don't buy the rumors that he'll be at camp in good shape. That being said, his value will plummet in a hurry, especially if he shows up to camp the way he did last year. Soon the injuries will mount, and he'll be sidelined for the bulk of the season.

I predict that Byfuglien shows up over weight, puts in a decent effort for the first 20 games, before the long schedule grind and excess weight catch up with his health. He'll be on the injured list for most of the season, and by trade deadline we'll be lucky to get a couple draft picks for him.
There is nothing inflated about Byfuglien's contract.

It is an excellent value deal given his offensive production.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:

Buff came into camp in pretty good shape in January actually, according to first-hand reports. Previous season also came at about 266lbs when the season started. But I get it; you don't like Buff, as you've said so in half your posts, most of which predict when he'd be gone. It's like the apocalypse prediction that has to keep on getting revised.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:44 AM
JetsTrueNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Buff came into camp in pretty good shape in January actually, according to first-hand reports. Previous season also came at about 266lbs when the season started. But I get it; you don't like Buff, as you've said so in half your posts, most of which predict when he'd be gone. It's like the apocalypse prediction that has to keep on getting revised.
You're right, I don't like Buff, and I have predicted that he won't finish his current contract as a Jet. That being said, maybe my prediction of a trade keeps getting revised cause his value has dropped, and teams won't give up what only the Jets think he's worth????

Old
07-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
Quote:
You're right, I don't like Buff, and I have predicted that he won't finish his current contract as a Jet. That being said, maybe my prediction of a trade keeps getting revised cause his value has dropped, and teams won't give up what only the Jets think he's worth????
Or maybe you have to keep revising it because you keep being wrong.

As noted there were two glaringly incorrect statements in your other previous post as well.

If you work on being correct the first time you'll never have to revise.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post

As noted there were two glaringly incorrect statements in your other previous post as well.

Bazooom!!

Anyways, he's entitled to his opinion of course. Buff certainly is no Lidstrom defensively, but I often think his gaffes in that department get more scrutiny than they should; and his solid defensive plays not enough.

Old
07-15-2013, 01:24 PM
JetsTrueNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post

We'll revisit this when Byfuglien gets traded. I'll even buy you a Buff jersey, cause they'll be clearing them out for cheap. Or maybe he'll win the Norris this year

Old
07-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
Quote:
We'll revisit this when Byfuglien gets traded. I'll even buy you a Buff jersey, cause they'll be clearing them out for cheap. Or maybe he'll win the Norris this year
I'll hold you to that.

I already have a Byfuglien thrashers jersey, but I wouldn't mind a Jets one to go with it.

Although how will ever trade him now that he has no value according to you?

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:32 PM
buggs
Feeling Beaverish

vCash: 1777
Quote:
If Sweech doesn't want a free Buff jersey, I'll take his that you're offering up.

I don't disagree that Buff will be moved at some point before his contract will be up but I'm not as interested in moving him just yet. Let him come back to camp in shape, play some Buff hockey and then move him when his value isn't suffering from being Lawlessed.

Buff can be incredibly frustrating but he really makes me smile almost every game for different aspects.

BTW, are the Burmi t-shirts really cheap right now?

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Not a bad post

As far as Yak for Bogo.....I am a huge Bogo fan but Yak is definitely more than fair based on what he has got done at a young age and his draft pedigree. I doubt the Oilers would be interested and the Jets will be building our D around Bogo and after the Burmi exit I doubt they are looking to add a Russian so in the real world neither side really makes this move. Yak is very dynamic and there is no way Mac T moves him IMHO but I am not on the ground in Edmonton.

I think you are highlighting Buff's challenges but short selling what he brings to the table. A 28 year old defenseman is not past his prime and I think Buff's best years will be over the next 5 seasons....Buff had a freak accident when Bertuzzi lost his balance and flew into Buff's knee (low bridged him) which lead to all the problems in 2011-12. I am hearing good things about his offseason fitness so let’s see how his health is this year before we write him off.

Buff might not be everyone's cup of tea but he has put up excellent scoring numbers over the past three seasons and there would be a market for him if he ever got shopped. Here's the thing though we have heard zero reports that Winnipeg is shopping Buff even from troll reporters........I don't think it is happening but I could be wrong. Buff gets shopped allot on HFBoards but in the real world I haven't heard of any "outbound calls" from the Jets on Big Buff. Hemsky on the other hand appears to have been on the market for a long time in the real world (correct me if I'm wrong) and certainly since Mac T took over. He has 1 year left on a $5 million dollar contract and the only way I see the Oilers getting anything for him in this cap reduced year is at the trade deadline and even then I don't think you will get much. I like Ales but he is a dead man walking at this point IMO.

Honestly I don't think the Oilers and the Jets make very good trading partners.
Thanks, yeah well I'm in Winnipeg and I watch all of the Jets games, but Oilers games too, sometimes both at once, LOL.. one thing I love about Buff is his crazy slapper from the point, its amazing.. but yes in the free press and wpg sun there have been articles about him and coach noel, and everything... TBH he is almost the heaviest player in the entire NHL history and most likely is unofficially because nobody ever knew his weight when the rumors grew about it balloning up. I just cant see him overcoming a serious injury with all that weight.. He is an exciting player though.

Steve BachIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
He is an exciting player though.
Oh yeah. I would almost keep him just for entertainment value alone. Amongst active NHL defensemen, outside of Karlsson I daresay Buff may be the most entertaining one to watch. Note I said 'entertaining' and not 'consistent' or 'defensively solid'.

Old
07-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Mathmew Purrrr Oh
#meowmeowmeowmeow

Watching Buff 4 on 4 is an awesome thing to behold. He just always seems to have the puck.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:13 AM
ps241

Quote:
Thanks, yeah well I'm in Winnipeg and I watch all of the Jets games, but Oilers games too, sometimes both at once, LOL.. one thing I love about Buff is his crazy slapper from the point, its amazing.. but yes in the free press and wpg sun there have been articles about him and coach noel, and everything... TBH he is almost the heaviest player in the entire NHL history and most likely is unofficially because nobody ever knew his weight when the rumors grew about it balloning up. I just cant see him overcoming a serious injury with all that weight.. He is an exciting player though.
Ok I got it now sorry I assumed wrongly you were Edmonton based. Buff is big for sure and that could be a concern ....I look at this as a big year for him to prove he can stay healthy.

Old
07-16-2013, 03:14 AM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

thats ok man i was born there in 78 so i am kinda edmonton based if u count being born there.. but i moved here in 91 just in time to meet selanne a few times and get some sweet swag which ive still got muah.. i think noel goes before buff does.. especially after the burmy incident..

Steve BachIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:50 PM
TheBlueJacket

I can't believe how much Winnipeg fans overvalue Dustin Byfuglien.

TheBlueJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:55 PM
ps241

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueJacket View Post
I can't believe how much Winnipeg fans overvalue Dustin Byfuglien.
Actually he gets beaten up on here more often than not and he is a very polarizing figure on our board but don't let me get in the way of your gross generalization.....pray tell how does a bluejacket fan paying a visit see Mr Buff's value? The floor is yours!

Old
07-17-2013, 11:17 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

I hate guys who garner back to back to back elite offensive production and push the play forward ****ing well.
Terrible

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:25 AM
TheBlueJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
pray tell how does a bluejacket fan paying a visit see Mr Buff's value?
Some of these Jets fans think they should get a lot for Byfuglien just because he's a top scoring defenseman. The guy does not play physical enough for his size and position, has some strange off-ice issues and is not very good in his own end. The type of defender Byfuglien is, is not going to get a team post season success ie: Letang, Karlsson

TheBlueJacket is offline   Reply With Quote