HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread Part IV - Let's Make A Deal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2013, 02:34 PM
  #551
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
You can be pretty creepy sometimes.
It's situational humor at its finest. Probably.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 02:48 PM
  #552
JohnC
Registered User
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
You can be pretty creepy sometimes.
Is this your way of saying you forgot to buy Ryan & bride a present?

JohnC is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 02:51 PM
  #553
Thirty One
k.
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,049
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Is this your way of saying you forgot to buy Ryan & bride a present?
Can say I even thought to look where they were registered.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 02:52 PM
  #554
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
The sticking point was reportedly that Sather wouldn't offer a 2 year deal for the 35+ contract (even though he handed one out to Brashear the next summer. He obviously wasn't going to get the $8.36 million he was getting on the previous deal.
That always bothered me because the 2008-2009 team was the worst squad I've head the displeasure of watching in my years as a Ranger fan. What a stupid team that was.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 02:56 PM
  #555
Thirty One
k.
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,049
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
That always bothered me because the 2008-2009 team was the worst squad I've head the displeasure of watching in my years as a Ranger fan. What a stupid team that was.
If only Renney let that offense loose....

Thirty One is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 03:10 PM
  #556
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,511
vCash: 500
Anyone think we could do with Jagr what the Bruins did with Iginla? Low salary, high potential for bonuses - mortgage future cap space for the now?

iamitter is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 03:38 PM
  #557
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 31,539
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Anyone think we could do with Jagr what the Bruins did with Iginla? Low salary, high potential for bonuses - mortgage future cap space for the now?
Not sure why you'd want to mortgage future capspace when they're going to have to re-sign Lundqvist, Girardi, Staal, Moore, Brassard and Callahan after next season. Especially for a guy who's production continues to go down.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 04:03 PM
  #558
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
If only Renney let that offense loose....
One day soon, we'll find the right idiot coach that sees a bunch of offensively limited players at his disposal and says,"**** it man, balls to the wall offense all the time."

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 04:36 PM
  #559
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Not sure why you'd want to mortgage future capspace when they're going to have to re-sign Lundqvist, Girardi, Staal, Moore, Brassard and Callahan after next season. Especially for a guy who's production continues to go down.
I don't want it. But if we're supposedly in the running, is there any other option?

iamitter is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 04:58 PM
  #560
Lindberg Cheese
Report to Carousel
 
Lindberg Cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
None of the teams Jagr leaves want him back.
The nearest casinos do however.....

Lindberg Cheese is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 04:59 PM
  #561
Lindberg Cheese
Report to Carousel
 
Lindberg Cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I don't want it. But if we're supposedly in the running, is there any other option?
Yes, pay him league minimum and sell his peanut butter in the team shop.

Lindberg Cheese is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 05:05 PM
  #562
Ian
Mike York fan club
 
Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,679
vCash: 500
Bringing in Jagr wouldn't be terribly difficult.

Demote (or trade) Asham & Powe
Trade Boyle & Pyatt
Resign Stepan (3.5) & MZA (1.25)

Leaves about 3.8m on the cap.

It's doable, but hard to say if it's a good idea or not.

Ian is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 05:11 PM
  #563
RGY
Kreid or Die
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Bringing in Jagr wouldn't be terribly difficult.

Demote (or trade) Asham & Powe
Trade Boyle & Pyatt
Resign Stepan (3.5) & MZA (1.25)

Leaves about 3.8m on the cap.

It's doable, but hard to say if it's a good idea or not.
I agree to an extent. Stepan gets $4 million at least. And I think Boyle stays as a LWer

RGY is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 06:07 PM
  #564
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 12,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Mercenaries, by definition, are motivated by money.
The only people not motivated by money are the ones who have enough.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 06:46 PM
  #565
Josh3217
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Kreider Richards Nash
Hagelin Stepan Callahan
Pouliot Brassard Dorsett
Boyle Moore Asham

Josh3217 is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 07:14 PM
  #566
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 20,639
vCash: 500
Jagr is definitely conditional on Zucc getting moved from my point of view. I have a hard time seing us fitting in both Zucc and JJ.

The positives with JJ is that he helps on the PP, I mean he could be huge for Richards there, he is good at protecting the puck, and he would draw a lot of attention and take pressure of the leaders on our team.

There is one big downside, I just don't think he could hold up for a Cup run. Or? He looked tired for Boston at the end and he had only played half a season etc.

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Jagr
JT Miller-Stepan-Callahan
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett


Last edited by Ola: 07-19-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Ola is online now  
Old
07-19-2013, 07:15 PM
  #567
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Blackhawks sign Peckham.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=678530

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 08:07 PM
  #568
RGY
Kreid or Die
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Jagr is definitely conditional on Zucc getting moved from my point of view. I have a hard time seing us fitting in both Zucc and JJ.

The positives with JJ is that he helps on the PP, I mean he could be huge for Richards there, he is good at protecting the puck, and he would draw a lot of attention and take pressure of the leaders on our team.

There is one big downside, I just don't think he could hold up for a Cup run. Or? He looked tired for Boston at the end and he had only played half a season etc.

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Jagr
JT Miller-Stepan-Callahan
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Where do you see Pouliot and Kristo Ola, just curious?

RGY is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 08:12 PM
  #569
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,411
vCash: 500
I don't know how, or why we would want to out-bid a possibly very desperate New Jersey for one year of Jagr that might cause us to lose good future assets like Zuccarello.

I bet New Jersey is prepared to give him 5 mil. Question is can Jagr stretch them out to a two year contract?

Fitzy is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 08:49 PM
  #570
Championship*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I don't know how, or why we would want to out-bid a possibly very desperate New Jersey for one year of Jagr that might cause us to lose good future assets like Zuccarello.

I bet New Jersey is prepared to give him 5 mil. Question is can Jagr stretch them out to a two year contract?
Please let them do that then. Would be just another notch on the belt of the Benny Hill like offseason the Devils have had.

Championship* is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 08:52 PM
  #571
Lindberg Cheese
Report to Carousel
 
Lindberg Cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 1,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
The only people not motivated by money are the ones who have enough.
Source?

Lindberg Cheese is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 09:09 PM
  #572
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,345
vCash: 500
Chicago is stocking up on bottom pairing defensemen. Getting ready to trade one of Oduya, Hjalmarsaon, or Leddy maybe?

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 10:02 PM
  #573
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Chicago is stocking up on bottom pairing defensemen. Getting ready to trade one of Oduya, Hjalmarsaon, or Leddy maybe?
More likely just acquiring depth (much like we did).

iamitter is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 10:22 PM
  #574
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Bringing in Jagr wouldn't be terribly difficult.

Demote (or trade) Asham & Powe
Trade Boyle & Pyatt
Resign Stepan (3.5) & MZA (1.25)

Leaves about 3.8m on the cap.

It's doable, but hard to say if it's a good idea or not.
I wouldn't trade Boyle for Jagr straight up even if Jagr cost 2 million.

nyr5186 is offline  
Old
07-19-2013, 10:52 PM
  #575
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
You don't need to be a hockey genius to identify some of the glaring voids on this team when we're discussing bringing Jagr back.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.