HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread Part IV - Let's Make A Deal

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2013, 04:12 PM
BroadwayHustle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

One of my favorite post-lockout games.
I remember this game, I literally got up off my coach and was walking to the TV to turn it off.

Old
07-13-2013, 04:17 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayHustle View Post
I remember this game, I literally got up off my coach and was walking to the TV to turn it off.
Only topped by the rangers/pens ot win a few years later... the game with 7-0 power plays. Staal, Cally, Dubi combo dies it shorthanded and wins in extra time.

Old
07-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Lundsanity30

Staal played in a charity golf game yesterday, gave no updates on his eye, but is playing golf a good sign maybe?

Old
07-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Staal played in a charity golf game yesterday, gave no updates on his eye, but is playing golf a good sign maybe?
How was his short game? Did it look like his depth perception was impaired?

Old
07-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Couldn't be any worse than me at the range today.

Although it could be telling to see how he played.

07-13-2013, 05:52 PM
NYR2007

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Lol yeah we have spies from HF boards watching him like TMZ

Old
07-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
as per your injury concerns, Skinner is 10X worse than Staal. Marc was concussed because he was more or less unlucky. His eye was injured because of bad luck again. Skinner is like a government hating drunk who's looking for worker's comp through a work place injury.
The biggest problem with Staal is the he is out so darn long each time he is injured. A year is a really longtime for a concussion (or more like a series of concussions (the Eric hit; then he got that high stick etc)). He has yet to come back from his eye injury.

It remains to be seen how he will pan out. I am not saying that he has missed a game more than he should, but I can only note that when it comes to him and the team is in dire need for a speedy recovery, we get the opposite...

Old
07-13-2013, 06:50 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy OFWG View Post
So Zherdev's contract was terminated in the KHL, any takers lol
YES. Then again I'm one of Z's biggest fanboys. But still let's bring him back Slats.

Old
07-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I'll say one thing. Rangers fans are blind (sure, i'll intend that pun) if they don't admit theres some concern about Staal. He played one game in the playoffs and then dissapeared.

Not saying he won't be back, but I'll believe it when I see it that it won't effect his play.

It also damaged his trade value this offseason. Theres no way teams would ignore an injury like that.

I've seen people post differently.

Old
07-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
The biggest problem with Staal is the he is out so darn long each time he is injured. A year is a really longtime for a concussion (or more like a series of concussions (the Eric hit; then he got that high stick etc)). He has yet to come back from his eye injury.

It remains to be seen how he will pan out. I am not saying that he has missed a game more than he should, but I can only note that when it comes to him and the team is in dire need for a speedy recovery, we get the opposite...
Well, with all injuries come recovery. Half the concern is with the nature and seriousness of the injuries and the other half is with recovery. I think Marc will recover just fine. If he was slightly rushed coming back, given the extra 4 months of recovery, I think he'll be just fine.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I'll say one thing. Rangers fans are blind (sure, i'll intend that pun) if they don't admit theres some concern about Staal. He played one game in the playoffs and then dissapeared.

Not saying he won't be back, but I'll believe it when I see it that it won't effect his play.

It also damaged his trade value this offseason. Theres no way teams would ignore an injury like that.

This.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post

it was dumb to bring him back PERIOD before next season. For people who are spouting "damaged goods" instead of "top 4 dman" what leg do you guys have to stand on? No one knows right?

anyway, doctors said Staal would make a full recovery.. Staal said he doesnt think he will be 100%, then again this was probably when he was going through some **** because he couldn't be apart of his team in the playoffs. I'd go with doctors over Staal's word, and just because he's not 100%, doesn't mean he won't be 90-95%, to say he's "damaged goods" is incredibly stupid. Some concerns? yes, calling him damaged goods? based on what?

Old
07-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
it was dumb to bring him back PERIOD before next season. For people who are spouting "damaged goods" instead of "top 4 dman" what leg do you guys have to stand on? No one knows right?

anyway, doctors said Staal would make a full recovery.. Staal said he doesnt think he will be 100%, then again this was probably when he was going through some **** because he couldn't be apart of his team in the playoffs. I'd go with doctors over Staal's word, and just because he's not 100%, doesn't mean he won't be 90-95%, to say he's "damaged goods" is incredibly stupid. Some concerns? yes, calling him damaged goods? based on what?
I would agree that you can't call him damaged goods, but its possible that he might be..

Sorry, I'm not convinced that he'll slide right back in no problem. I hope so, though.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:33 PM
SA16
Two by two...

This thread is brought to you by the doctors of hfboards - where we all know more than the professionals.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
This thread is brought to you by the doctors of hfboards - where we all know more than the professionals.
the same professionals that continued to clear Staal to play even after being severely concussed by a dangerous hit from his brother?

Old
07-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Quote:
Stating I"ll believe it when I see it is not being an armchair doctor.

People assuming he'll be just fine is more of that than what I'm saying.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:37 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
the same professionals that continued to clear Staal to play even after being severely concussed by a dangerous hit from his brother?
Can't not let him play if he doesn't report the injury to the staff in the first place.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:39 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Dr. Recchi approves of this thread.

Old
07-13-2013, 11:11 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
I say again, why are we trying to trade away DZ? He's on a great contract as of now while we deal with this low cap ceiling, he has potential to be a great player, he's made strides to get to where he is now and he loves playing in NY and despite there being others on defense that can contribute offensively, he's the only one who can be considered an offensive play making defenseman.
1)Half the defense is never given a chance to develop their offensive skills since they must play the stay at home style.

2)When DZ was at his best offensively his +/- really suffered. There is still doubt about whether he can be a two way player. Right now he is an either or.

3)Think about how much teams will offer for a future Norris trophy winner? To me the Rangers are a bubble team. Trading DZ for potential offense now, might be the way to go while Lundy is at the top of his game. An improved PP is the key to the teams progress. If you dangle DZ and only receive modest offers than it's only this board who believes in DZ's potential and not the Gm's.

Old
07-13-2013, 11:21 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Trade Pyatt!

Old
07-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Trade Pyatt!
Believe they will wait until Cally and Hags are cleared and back.

Old
07-14-2013, 02:33 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

What"s the deal with Powe and Asham... Do they have to go through waivers again to be recalled? Likely that they would get claimed???

Old
07-14-2013, 03:05 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
What"s the deal with Powe and Asham... Do they have to go through waivers again to be recalled? Likely that they would get claimed???
I'm pretty sure they got rid of reentry waivers in the new CBA.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:38 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
1)Half the defense is never given a chance to develop their offensive skills since they must play the stay at home style.

2)When DZ was at his best offensively his +/- really suffered. There is still doubt about whether he can be a two way player. Right now he is an either or.

3)Think about how much teams will offer for a future Norris trophy winner? To me the Rangers are a bubble team. Trading DZ for potential offense now, might be the way to go while Lundy is at the top of his game. An improved PP is the key to the teams progress. If you dangle DZ and only receive modest offers than it's only this board who believes in DZ's potential and not the Gm's.
who's the future Norris trophy winner?

Old
07-14-2013, 05:39 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Believe they will wait until Cally and Hags are cleared and back.
Pyatt sweepstakes in November. Can't wait.

Closed Thread