HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The games are back, the freefall continues

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2013, 11:35 AM
calcal798

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
Garza plus an extension would negate the loss of Johnson. Also, moving Johnson and Janssen would likely make up what we would have to move for Garza making it a lateral move in trading Johnson for his replacement and only costing us a reliever to do it. It would make sense to do in that situation and I wouldn't mind it since our pen is our strength and we have lots of depth there.
Well at least we know that Garza can pitch in the AL East and we wouldnt have to be as worried about him being consistently put on the DL.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:19 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Sure why not, let's trade what remains of the farm system for Garza. Maybe with him, we could win 85 games! Yayyy!

Old
07-14-2013, 12:19 PM
canucksfan

Zaun picks Jeff Locke for Cy Young in the NL.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Epictetus
YNWA

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Guess he forgot about Adam Wainwright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Sure why not, let's trade what remains of the farm system for Garza. Maybe with him, we could win 85 games! Yayyy!
This move would indicate the team is aiming and accomplishing their goal of moving backwards and not forward.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:29 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Guess he forgot about Adam Wainwright.
Yup and Kershaw.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Quote:
Of course he does.

He is due for some big time regression in the 2nd half.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

The run Kershaw has been on the last 5 years is ****ing insane. He is still 25 years old.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:16 PM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Garza plus an extension would negate the loss of Johnson. Also, moving Johnson and Janssen would likely make up what we would have to move for Garza making it a lateral move in trading Johnson for his replacement and only costing us a reliever to do it. It would make sense to do in that situation and I wouldn't mind it since our pen is our strength and we have lots of depth there.
I doubt anyone would take Johnson when they can just go after him in the off-season. I doubt we'd be able to unload him and if we do I doubt we'd get anything substantial for him. Moving Janssen on the other hand would get us a good return I believe, consistently good for the past few years. I like Garza but even on a good team that made the playoffs his numbers weren't that spectacular and he'd be worth a premium. He's a guy that would be nice to have for a 4th or 5th in the rotation if everybody pitches the way they should(Romero,Dickey, Morrow , maybe Hutch)

It is what it is, I'd rather not go after him not because of "trading the farm" but its more so about having Hutchison still there, hopefully Romero can regain his form , Drabek etc .

Old
07-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Diamond Joe Quimby
A$AP Joffrey

So Syndergaard started the minor league all-star game today for team USA. Looked great.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
I doubt anyone would take Johnson when they can just go after him in the off-season. I doubt we'd be able to unload him and if we do I doubt we'd get anything substantial for him. Moving Janssen on the other hand would get us a good return I believe, consistently good for the past few years. I like Garza but even on a good team that made the playoffs his numbers weren't that spectacular and he'd be worth a premium. He's a guy that would be nice to have for a 4th or 5th in the rotation if everybody pitches the way they should(Romero,Dickey, Morrow , maybe Hutch)

It is what it is, I'd rather not go after him not because of "trading the farm" but its more so about having Hutchison still there, hopefully Romero can regain his form , Drabek etc .
People who are in a race for the playoffs need him now more so then when he is a free agent. There is little financial risk with Johnson at this point, he has an expiring contract and has good experience in the NL. I would not be shocked to see a team like the Dodgers take a flier on him since they can plug him into the back of the rotation where he would have upside to be more.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:12 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Joe Quimby View Post
So Syndergaard started the minor league all-star game today for team USA. Looked great.
Man I questioned including Syndeergaard in the trade when we did it, and I still question it and will continue to question for an extended period of time. TO look and see that he is in AA with an ERA under 2 right now kind of makes me sad.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

I really hope acquiring Garza isn't our "shakeup" trade.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:18 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Man I questioned including Syndeergaard in the trade when we did it, and I still question it and will continue to question for an extended period of time. TO look and see that he is in AA with an ERA under 2 right now kind of makes me sad.
It would have been okay including him if Dickey pitched good. He has stunk.

If AA acquires any rentals it's a dumb move. Need to get rid of players like JJ, Oliver and a few relievers for prospects.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Bonifacio is hitting .552 OPS, .552!

How is this a player who stands to earn 450 PA and a -2.0 WAR?!

Old
07-14-2013, 03:32 PM
calcal798

Quote:
It would have been okay including him if Dickey pitched good. He has stunk.

If AA acquires any rentals it's a dumb move. Need to get rid of players like JJ, Oliver and a few relievers for prospects.
Yep, we need to ship out JJ back to the NL for some propsects, sell high on Janssen, ship out Oliver, maybe sell high on Lind and wait out the rotation problems until Morrow and Happ get back. This offseason I would sign one, or both of Garza or Santana (both have pitched in the AL, and Garza in the AL East) and ship out Beurhle if someone would take him. This rotation can't pitch in this division, apart from Morrow who cant stay healthy.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:36 PM
canucksfan

Quote:
Bonifacio is hitting .552 OPS, .552!

How is this a player who stands to earn 450 PA and a -2.0 WAR?!
Anything below .700 isn't that good. He is horrible. I was one of the people that loved the addition of Boni.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:41 PM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
People who are in a race for the playoffs need him now more so then when he is a free agent. There is little financial risk with Johnson at this point, he has an expiring contract and has good experience in the NL. I would not be shocked to see a team like the Dodgers take a flier on him since they can plug him into the back of the rotation where he would have upside to be more.
Not with his numbers I don't think. I understand the reason behind it, but for him I don't think it would happen. If he does get traded I do hope I am wrong

Old
07-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Not with his numbers I don't think. I understand the reason behind it, but for him I don't think it would happen. If he does get traded I do hope I am wrong
There will be some NL team who will take a flier on him.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:47 PM
KuleminFan41

The MLB needs to re-align the leagues. There shouldn't be 1 division with all the teams above .500(well apart from the Jays but its possible).4 teams with over 50 wins in the division so far, when's the last time one division has had that? Apart from the NL Central this season(although Cubs and Brewers are well behind)

Out of 6 divisions with the Jays record, they would be 3rd place in 3 of them and close to 2nd place in them as well. Not fantastic but looks better than 5th in the AL East lol. Something should be done though ,its ridiculous

Old
07-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
The MLB needs to re-align the leagues. There shouldn't be 1 division with all the teams above .500(well apart from the Jays but its possible).4 teams with over 50 wins in the division so far, when's the last time one division has had that? Apart from the NL Central this season(although Cubs and Brewers are well behind)

Out of 6 divisions with the Jays record, they would be 3rd place in 3 of them and close to 2nd place in them as well. Not fantastic but looks better than 5th in the AL East lol. Something should be done though ,its ridiculous
You can't adjust divisions because the Jays are in a tough division right now, in theory that will fluctuate and perhaps in 10 years the AL Central is home to 4 powerhouses.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:53 PM
canucksfan

Quote:

Not going to happen.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:55 PM
trellaine201

Quote:

With alot of these overpaid schmucks there should be zero excuses! Their have performed very poorly this year. Seems they should be shipped back to the NL where there is,no DH.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

Quote:
Garza is good but is he much better than what we already have?Even when he won 15 games his ERA was nearly 4. He's a .500 pitcher and has never had an ERA under 3.32(except this year but that can change).
not to mention, another NL pitcher who with our luck will get destroyed in the ALE

Old
07-14-2013, 04:09 PM
trellaine201

I think wecan rest easy. No mention of Toronto as a destination.

The Cubs have informed Matt Garza he will likely be traded after contract talks failed to produce an extenstion, reports Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. The Rangers and Indians, according to Heyman, are clearly interested in Garza while the Red Sox are waiting upon some clarity on the return of injured starter Clay Buchholz. The Cardinals, meanwhile, is believed to be a stealth player for the fifth ranked free agent on MLBTR's 2014 Free Agent Power Rankings. Yesterday, we learned the Blue Jays are "front runners" in the Garza trade derby, but Heyman writes there is little to no evidence, at the moment, they are actively involved.

Good!

Old
07-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Jays starters had the 2nd worst ERA in the league at 5.07, only ahead of the Twins.

Absurd how bad they've been.

Closed Thread