HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should Perezhogin be part of the line up?

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2005, 09:06 AM
CGG

vCash: 500
There's no way Ivanans is on this team, and at least Begin can keep up with Perezhogin.

I'd pencil in Perez on the 1st with Koivu and Zednik, throw Higgins on the 2nd with Ribs and Ryder. The good thing about our lineup is if one young guy isn't producing, we have others that can (hopefully) step in. Dagenais as an insurance policy too. Perez can play on any line, and wouldn't be out of place even on the 3rd with Bonk and Bulis.

Old
06-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
I think Plekanec and Higgins are shoe-ins to start on the 4th line and earn their way up.

Hossa will have a spot on the top 3 lines to start.

Not having Hossa's experience and not having been in Hamilton last year... it's a good question about Perezhogin. Either we go for a Kovalev (type) and keep Zhogin in Hamilton to start. Or we go for an all out youth movement and give Perezhogin a spot on the top 2 lines (the one that woulda gone to Kovalev).
Let me start with saying I have never been a Hossa fan.

I did not follow Hossa's development this year, but from the few bits I heard this year and his performance with the Habs and Dogs in the past, I do not see why he is such a shoe in.

Was his past year so much an imporvement from what we have seen in Hamilton and with the Habs? If it is the same, then.... why is he ahead of Higgins and Perez?

Higgins was the go-to guy in Hamilton, and Perez did well in the RSL even though he missed part of the season and had this stick swinging thing hanging over his head.

Did Hossa develop into a shift in, shift out player, or is it same ol' same ol?

Old
06-16-2005, 12:18 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
Let me start with saying I have never been a Hossa fan.

I did not follow Hossa's development this year, but from the few bits I heard this year and his performance with the Habs and Dogs in the past, I do not see why he is such a shoe in.

Was his past year so much an imporvement from what we have seen in Hamilton and with the Habs? If it is the same, then.... why is he ahead of Higgins and Perez?

Higgins was the go-to guy in Hamilton, and Perez did well in the RSL even though he missed part of the season and had this stick swinging thing hanging over his head.

Did Hossa develop into a shift in, shift out player, or is it same ol' same ol?
Hossa is a shoe in because he cant be sent down. We HAVE to give him a decent chance.

Although IMO he never had the chance to be what he should be: 3rd line winger. I watched him closely when he was called up last time, and he's a good skater, very good in the corners, more than decent passer, good size and pretty good shot. What he doesnt have is the confidence to play the 1st line, but I'm 100% sure he'd be a great fit on a 3rd line with Bonk and Bulis... Dunno why management didnt see this, he's good defensively, cycles the puck, can take the body, etc.

Old
06-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Perezhogin is pretty much a lock IMO.

What purpose would it serve to send him back to the AHL? He teared it up in the 2nd half of 03-04 and in that 1st round series before the incident. What more can he really learn down there? Plus the AHL won't be as strong as it was this year.

Then he went to the best league in the world during 04-05 and picked up 33 points in 43 games, playing against many NHLers and impressed enough to even play on a line with Jagr for a few games.

Unless he TOTALLY bombs out in training camp, I just can't see the Habs sending him down to the AHL. He's already showed he can score and produce in the RSL at it's finest. Not only that, but his defence is really good for an offensive player.

The kid NEEDS NHL experience. That's the next step. And from all the comments from Habs brass in the papers about Perezhogin, they are definitely forecasting him to be on the team next October.

Sending him down to the AHL would be nothing short of idiotic and a perfect way of stagnating his development. Keeping a prospect too long in the minors when that prospect has shown he can produce big numbers there can be even worse than rushing prospects.

Old
06-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD
Hossa is a shoe in because he cant be sent down. We HAVE to give him a decent chance.

Although IMO he never had the chance to be what he should be: 3rd line winger. I watched him closely when he was called up last time, and he's a good skater, very good in the corners, more than decent passer, good size and pretty good shot. What he doesnt have is the confidence to play the 1st line, but I'm 100% sure he'd be a great fit on a 3rd line with Bonk and Bulis... Dunno why management didnt see this, he's good defensively, cycles the puck, can take the body, etc.
We have to put good players on our NHl team, if Hossa doesnt perform, then he'll be on the bench, not in the AHL or the lineup. I'm tired of all these "confidence" issues, I remember reading Gainey sent both Hossa and Hainsey for "maturity" issues, that doesnt say much about both. We're they other teams prospect, you wouldnt care at all about them or if they pass through waivers unlike lets say, a Grigorenko or a Fritsche.

Old
06-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2005
There's no way Ivanans is on this team, and at least Begin can keep up with Perezhogin.
There will be some goon. Whether we sign another Langdon or whether Ivanans is promoted. I'm just saying I don't want Perezhogin taking two shifts a game with that player, whoever he is.

(And don't forget that in a salary cap world, if a team wants a designated goon to sit around, Ivanans will be cheaper than an established player.)

Old
06-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall
When the league starts up should Perezhogin be part of the team? I believe he should and will be a welcome addition to the team. I believe he will bring determination to the line up.

I believe he should also be paired up along side Ryder and Ribiero. These guys on the same line I believe will be a sight to see especialy with the new rules that are being proposed.

What do you guys think?
If he proves himself in training camp ala Ryder in 93, then yes he should be on the top two lines come October.

Old
06-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
If we get Kovalev..I see it this way:

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev
Ryder-Ribeiro-Perezhogin
Bulis-Bonk-Hossa
Higgins-Begin-Ward

Souray-Komisarek
Markov-Rivet
Hainsey-Brisebois

Theodore
Huet

I think Dagenais might get the shaft but then again, if he scores like crazy in the pre-season, then he will have a spot and then Higgins or Perezhogin will get pushed out. Hossa will get a spot no matter what I think to start the season and if he sucks, they will find out what to do with him later.
Now that's a good looking lineup but I still doubt Kovalev will resign with us. (As much as I would like to see it)

Old
06-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Now that's a good looking lineup but I still doubt Kovalev will resign with us. (As much as I would like to see it)

i find ryder plays the RW better than the LW...but thats just my opinion

Old
06-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD

I agree, it is sort of like Bulis and Bonk who we all know they have the tools to be dominant but somehow they don't seem to put it all together. Runiting them on a third line would be good for Hossa's developement and we never know... one awakening can bring another....

Old
06-16-2005, 03:08 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Plekanec is far from being a shoe-in. I'm not even sure there is a spot for him on this team right now.
I agree JC...I don't see Pleck with the team next year (traded or back in Hamilton), nor I see Higgins...imo

Old
06-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
I agree JC...I don't see Pleck with the team next year (traded or back in Hamilton), nor I see Higgins...imo
I would be shocked if Higgins does not spend some quality time in MTL this year. IMO I would not be suprised to see MTL move at the draft and try to move up in the draft with a package of Hossa and Plekanek....

Old
06-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
I would be shocked if Higgins does not spend some quality time in MTL this year. IMO I would not be suprised to see MTL move at the draft and try to move up in the draft with a package of Hossa and Plekanek....
I'd like to see something like that happen.

Old
06-16-2005, 11:04 PM
NewHabsEra*

Perezhogin and Higgins are sure bets... They both have all what it takes to be dominants in the NHL "RIGHT NOW".... Plekanec is another guy that will make our line-up stronger... He is a better player than a guy like Bulis! (Im not high on Bulis' chances to remain a Habs for very long...) Hossa should also makes the team... No way Dagenais is back, we have 4 rookies just more effective than him!

Way too much conservative guys... No way we are losing Plekanec and Hossa on waiver and no way Perezhogin and Higgins dont make the team when the game resume!

Actually we have a spot for Plekanec to center the fourth line... He is the kind of player able to play there and I see no reason he wont get this spot.. Signing a type role of player would be the only reason he doesnt... Begin is a left winger, not a center.

To start the year assuming no other fowards signing...

Zednik Koivu Ryder

Higgins Ribeiro Perezhogin

Bulis Bonk Sundstrom

Begin Plekanec Ward

extra: Hossa and a goon

We have places for our 4 kids.

Old
06-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Does anybody else think Ivanans is ready for 4th line duty in the NHL. I think he's ready to play some games against bigger teams like Philly.

Old
06-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea

Perezhogin and Higgins are sure bets... They both have all what it takes to be dominants in the NHL "RIGHT NOW".... Plekanec is another guy that will make our line-up stronger... He is a better player than a guy like Bulis! (Im not high on Bulis' chances to remain a Habs for very long...) Hossa should also makes the team... No way Dagenais is back, we have 4 rookies just more effective than him!

Way too much conservative guys... No way we are losing Plekanec and Hossa on waiver and no way Perezhogin and Higgins dont make the team when the game resume!

Actually we have a spot for Plekanec to center the fourth line... He is the kind of player able to play there and I see no reason he wont get this spot.. Signing a type role of player would be the only reason he doesnt... Begin is a left winger, not a center.

Zednik Koivu Ryder

Bulis Bonk Sundstrom

Begin Plekanec Ward

I would like to know on what basis you consider Plekanek a better player then Bulis. Bulis is still young, he is talented, he is big and he is fast. We don't have too much of those in the lineup. Plekanek hasn't proved anything yet while Bulis has proven to be an effective NHL third liner with potentially some offensive upside. Believe me Bulis ain't going anywhere.

I think putting Plekanek on the fourth line migth be a band-aid in case one of the other guys fail. It would expose our lack of size down the middle and may not be desirable. he is talented but I think there is no place for him in the lineup if we get a proper fourth liner. (At this point I would prefer to see a guy like Federuk or Worell 'an enforcer++' on our fourth line, or a top notch agitator like cooke. I realize that Plek could become one of those but somehow I doubt... ).

If Plekanek is making the team, it will be at the expense of Sundstrun or Dagenais... Not Bulis for sure....

Last edited by Habruti!: 06-16-2005 at 11:46 PM.
Old
06-17-2005, 12:23 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
I would like to know on what basis you consider Plekanek a better player then Bulis. Bulis is still young, he is talented, he is big and he is fast. We don't have too much of those in the lineup. Plekanek hasn't proved anything yet while Bulis has proven to be an effective NHL third liner with potentially some offensive upside. Believe me Bulis ain't going anywhere.

I think putting Plekanek on the fourth line migth be a band-aid in case one of the other guys fail. It would expose our lack of size down the middle and may not be desirable. he is talented but I think there is no place for him in the lineup if we get a proper fourth liner. (At this point I would prefer to see a guy like Federuk or Worell 'an enforcer++' on our fourth line, or a top notch agitator like cooke. I realize that Plek could become one of those but somehow I doubt... ).

If Plekanek is making the team, it will be at the expense of Sundstrun or Dagenais... Not Bulis for sure....
Bulis big and skilled??? Come on, Bulis is everything but solid on his skates, he doesnt hit and is a below average player to win his fights along the board.. He also doesnt protect the puck well... So easy to knock out of the puck... He basically has no offensive instinct, is an atrocious playmaker and not a goal scorer... I dont know what you mean by calling him a skilled kid.. He sure has above average speed, skating and has decent puck control but everything this guy try offensively is ****... His 2-way game is so overrated... Was the perfect checker for a center like Juneau but without Juneau's smart, Bulis looks rather lost on the ice, especially when you match him with an offensive center.

Believe me, it will take Plekky less than 10 game to become a fans favorite and make forget all the crap we had over the last 10 years!

Bulis has basically no future with the Habs and I wouldnt be surprised to see him traded as soon as in the first part of the next season.

Old
06-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
I would like to know on what basis you consider Plekanek a better player then Bulis.
Because for him Plecknek is God, a Chistov with more hearth pretty anoying to say the least.

Old
06-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Archijerej

I hate those nicknames Plekky, Zhoggy

Old
06-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Habsaku

Quote:

Zednik Koivu Ryder

Bulis Bonk Sundstrom

Begin Plekanec Ward

THey've never dominated in the minors so dont get your hopes high in them dominating RIGHT NOW. THey' might make the team, they might be pretty good, but they wont be dominant. Jagr, Kovalchuck, Iginla, Nash, Heatley, Thornton are dominant players.

Old
06-17-2005, 12:04 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
THey've never dominated in the minors so dont get your hopes high in them dominating RIGHT NOW. THey' might make the team, they might be pretty good, but they wont be dominant. Jagr, Kovalchuck, Iginla, Nash, Heatley, Thornton are dominant players.
Never dominated in the minors?? lol...

Perezhogin dominated at several level of competition, had the best PPG average before his suspension, was on fire when he fully adjusted to the NA Pro hockey game... He represented his country in international competitions and would have probably made the team last WC if not injured...

Higgins was everytime I watched him a dominant player with the Bulldogs last season... He maybe not scored like some would have wished but you just cant ask a guy to play a better all around game, to create more scoring chances by himself and play with more determination...

A dominant player is to me someone able to dominate the opposition on a regular basis even strength...

Hasnt Koivu dominated Thorton in the 2002 and 2004 playoffs? Its one thing to be amazingly skilled, another to play with the determination matching your skills.

Kovalchuk is without any doubt a dominant player offensively, but you just can score as much against him... he wont dominate the opposition with a smart all around game, will cause bad turnovers at time and wont play with the same conviction defensively...

So.. Koivu, Perezhogin, Higgins and Plekanec do have something in common... They are not only highly skilled but play the game with a high level of determination in all 3 zone... The kind of players you win with... Perezhogin is clearly the more skilled of the 4, what let me think he will be a star in the NHL and will have a very high value on the market...

Old
06-17-2005, 12:12 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
Because for him Plecknek is God, a Chistov with more hearth pretty anoying to say the least.
To me Plekanec is what Plekanec has always been... A solid and underrated prospect... When I compared him to Chistov and Weiss 3 years ago, it was only to make you realize we got in Plekky an undersized foward in that category... Chistov and Weiss were selected very early in the 2001 draft... Plekanec has been selected in the third round, so its like if we got 3 first rounders that year.

Pleks can be a solid second line center in the NHL, he has everything for him to steal Ribs' job so it will be very exciting to see what happen next winter... I see them fight for that spot all the season long...

Old
06-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Mike The Wall

Quote:
To me Plekanec is what Plekanec has always been... A solid and underrated prospect... When I compared him to Chistov and Weiss 3 years ago, it was only to make you realize we got in Plekky an undersized foward in that category... Chistov and Weiss were selected very early in the 2001 draft... Plekanec has been selected in the third round, so its like if we got 3 first rounders that year.

Pleks can be a solid second line center in the NHL, he has everything for him to steal Ribs' job so it will be very exciting to see what happen next winter... I see them fight for that spot all the season long...

I do not think Ribiero will lose his job. He is underestimated by eveyone it is scary. This kid love to play yes in the begining he was arrogant but wait just wait we have not seen his true side yet.

Old
06-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Fozz

Quote:

Again (for the 15th or so time...), Plekanec is nowhere near ready to take Ribs' place and will probably be traded before he is. If he does stick with the team, it will be as the 4th line center or 13th forward, nothing more for now.

Old
06-17-2005, 02:02 PM
EagleBelfour

I think Perezhogin will not be in the NHL next year. He is a 2nd line forward or nothing. I won't put one of my best prospect on a 4rd line and see him developping into an Joe Juneau full defense player. No sopt on 2nd line, in the AHL. Higgins and Hossa will probably make it but that's all.

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev (I hope)
Dagenais - Ribeiro - Ryder
Hossa - Bonk - Bulis
Begin Center - Sundstrom, Higgins and Ward battle for the lat two spots

Now even if we don't get Kovy back, we will need to UFA a RW. No way Perez could be on the 1st line and I don't want to see a second line with

Dagenais - Ribeiro - Perez

We need two good line to be competitive...

Closed Thread