HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Neal vs. Kessel vs. Nash

View Poll Results: Neal vs. Kessel vs. Nash
James Neal 5 3.91%
Phil Kessel 93 72.66%
Rick Nash 30 23.44%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2013, 01:23 PM
  #26
EscapeGoat
We The North
 
EscapeGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Kessel, not that close for me anymore either.

EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 01:51 PM
  #27
Green Blob*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elum View Post
Kessel
Nash

Neal
My thoughts exactly.

Green Blob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 04:54 PM
  #28
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline
 
KreidertheGlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner89 View Post
Kessel



Nash
Neal
Would you explain why you think Kessel is so much better than Nash and Neal? Honest question.

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 05:08 PM
  #29
EscapeGoat
We The North
 
EscapeGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
Would you explain why you think Kessel is so much better than Nash and Neal? Honest question.
Kessel has been a top 10 scorer the past two seasons and is a way better playmaker than Nash. All Nash does is underperform every year. Most Rangers fans would and should take Kessel over Nash.

Neal doesn't belong in this conversation. In a vacuum, he doesn't come with Malkin. Sorry.

EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 06:53 PM
  #30
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Middle of nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 1,766
vCash: 500
Well I'm guessing James Neal has lost "the read deal" from his name. lol

kovatroll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 07:53 PM
  #31
Sasso09
Registered User
 
Sasso09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,648
vCash: 500
Kessel
Nash



Neal

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 09:24 PM
  #32
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillycheesesteak View Post
Neal got 27 when he was 22, and 21 in 59 games at 23... Safe to say he would get 30 goals without Malkin.
Are you talking about when he played with Brad Richards in his prime? Put him with Bozak and he likely doesn't even hit 20. Put Kessel or Nash with Malkin now or Brad Richards 4 years ago and they get 45-50.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 09:26 PM
  #33
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,747
vCash: 500
Even with the Kessel hatred at times on this board, this one isn't even close.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 09:29 PM
  #34
Ants In Your Pants
Registered User
 
Ants In Your Pants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Nash
Kessel



Neal

Ants In Your Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 10:47 PM
  #35
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke
 
Nazem Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Francais-land
Country: France
Posts: 10,036
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
Are you talking about when he played with Brad Richards in his prime? Put him with Bozak and he likely doesn't even hit 20. Put Kessel or Nash with Malkin now or Brad Richards 4 years ago and they get 45-50.

Nazem Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:28 PM
  #36
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,153
vCash: 500
My opinion is that Neal is a good player but he really benefitted from playing on a line with Malkin. He does not have the same kind of talent the other two have but despite that he has been as good as either of them since he started playing with Malkin.

Nash really appears to be on the decline, he definitely is not the same player he used to be. He also would be the best player at his peak out of the 3.

Kessel has flaws to his game but scoring isn't one of them and he is at his peak right now.

I think it depends on the make up of the team. A slower team would take Kessel, a team that needs a little more physicality would take Neal. A well rounded team that has no glaring holes would take Nash. It would also be a little easier to say take Kessel because he is younger if the team he would be on is rebuilding.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 06:39 AM
  #37
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
My opinion is that Neal is a good player but he really benefitted from playing on a line with Malkin. He does not have the same kind of talent the other two have but despite that he has been as good as either of them since he started playing with Malkin.

Nash really appears to be on the decline, he definitely is not the same player he used to be. He also would be the best player at his peak out of the 3.

Kessel has flaws to his game but scoring isn't one of them and he is at his peak right now.

I think it depends on the make up of the team. A slower team would take Kessel, a team that needs a little more physicality would take Neal. A well rounded team that has no glaring holes would take Nash. It would also be a little easier to say take Kessel because he is younger if the team he would be on is rebuilding.
I agree with most of what you say in this post, only thing I will say, is Kessel has very few flaws in his game right now. I was somewhat critical of Phil earlier in his career in Toronto, but not the last 2 years.

Phil has turned into a well rounded player that has taken to the coaching of Carlyle. Backchecks, playmaker, goal scorer, even hits on occasion, crunch time player, good teammate. Really there is nothing to not like about his game right now.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:13 AM
  #38
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,755
vCash: 500
Kessel

Nash
Neal

Not really close. Kessel is an elite offensive star in the league that drives the play of the the Leafs. Nash is a good player, but not on that level and too inconsistent. Neal is just a stick and a shot.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.