HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm - Boston

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2013, 03:38 AM
bruins2011

vCash: 500
Edm - Boston

Boychuk or mcquaid for a first round pick, a high end prospect and a 3rd liner.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:45 AM
nzoilerfan

Too steep.

Boychuk for Musil/Gernat and 2013 3rd 2014 2nd or MAYBE just a first.

But he has a NTC. I personally am not too interested in McQuaid.

If your asking for a 1st rounder a high end prospect (assuming Klefbom/Marincin) and a roster player. The expected player coming back would be say Hamilton from EDM's POV otherwise wouldn't be too interested. And of course Boston wouldn't be interested in something like that either.

If your looking to relieve cap we would be willing to move Hemsky at 2.5m along with a conditional pick on if he doesn't re-sign/performance based maybe. Who would you trade in return? Looking for a solid third line player.

Last edited by nzoilerfan: 07-14-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Old
07-14-2013, 04:09 AM
archangel archangel

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins2011 View Post
so for boychuck,who had never topped 20pts in a season, two years away from UFA and is that physical of d-man( he hits but not a crusher)-- you want a pick that will be top ten again, a high end prospect and a third liner. Bruins are over the cap right now.

Mcquid for that offer is a bigger joke

Old
07-14-2013, 04:24 AM
SchultzSquared

Wayyy wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too steep...

EDM 1st 2014, Hemsky (would have to be him as he is our only third liner... so let's say 50% salary) and Klefbom is a package for Hamilton not Johnny Boychuk... add in Kelly to rid Bs of some salary...

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Paille-Soderberg-Hemsky
Caron-Campbell-Thornton
Fraser, Smith

Seidenberg-Chara
Hainsey (FA)-Boychuk
Bartkowski-McQuaid
Krug

Rask
Johnson

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gagner-Yakupov
?-Kelly-?
?-Gordon-Jones
Smyth Brown

Smid-J. Schultz
Ference-Petry
N. Schultz-Hamilton

Dubnyk
Labarbera

Old
07-14-2013, 06:41 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrazycanuck View Post
so for boychuck,who had never topped 20pts in a season, two years away from UFA and is that physical of d-man( he hits but not a crusher)-- you want a pick that will be top ten again, a high end prospect and a third liner. Bruins are over the cap right now.

Bolded is beyond wrong. The man hits like a hammer and is one of the better open ice hitters in the league.

Boychuk would take a 1st or a real good prospect to pry out of Boston. He had a fantastic playoff, is in his prime, plays 20+ solid all purpose minutes a night, top-3 on the team in blocked shots and hits. He'd be a tough D-man to replace. The OPs value is real far off though!

Old
07-14-2013, 07:02 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
You are putting too high of a value on these guys. Boychuk is probably worth twice as much as McQuaid or more. McQuaid is probably worth the 3rd liner, he is a #5-6 defenseman, a good one, but he is still a #5-6 guy.

A 1st, a high end prospect, and a 3rd liner will probably get the best player available at the trade deadline or a very good player. I don't think anyone does that deal even for both of them.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:23 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:

As IrishPaulie said, you are beyond wrong, Boychuk is a huge hitter.

Boychuk has hit people with more open ice clean, hard, and dramatic looking hits than anyone I can think of and certainly he is the biggest open ice hitter on the Bruins.

Just search for Boychuk on youtube and the clips are of huge hits for the most part

Old
07-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

I love local boy Chuck.
But that price is asking for a much much much better player.

Old
07-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Roof Daddy

As most have said, would love to have Boychuk but not at the suggested price. Would probably do our 1st, but that's as high as I go. Why would the B's shop him anyway, let alone for futures?

Old
07-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Quote:

Um if you say Manchuk is not a crusher then you haven't watched him too much. One of the bigger hitters in the game

Old
07-14-2013, 09:05 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
As most have said, would love to have Boychuk but not at the suggested price. Would probably do our 1st, but that's as high as I go. Why would the B's shop him anyway, let alone for futures?
Some Boston fans feel he's the odd man out when dumping salary and that he can be replaced by Bartkowski (I and many others do not share their sentiments but there is a good sized group in that boat).

Old
07-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Really? You think adding Adam freaking McQuaid to Boychuk gets you the Oilers 1st? Let alone adding in a high end prospect.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:34 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

I like both players, but I think the OP has drastically over-valued them. McQuaid is a #5/6 dman who has found the perfect role to succeed in Boston.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:39 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Really? You think adding Adam freaking McQuaid to Boychuk gets you the Oilers 1st? Let alone adding in a high end prospect.
I don't think Boychuk would get moved for less than a first, actually I don't think Boychuk would be moved unless they are improving on his position and that won't be easy.

It isn't easy to find defenseman who can play top pairing minutes competently. Boychuk can do that. He also comes up big in big games at critical times. A 1st round pick is not even close to as useful as that to a team that is trying to win the Stanley Cup next season.

I understand why a rebuilding team wouldn't want to trade a 1st but I also understand that players in their prime on the top of their game are worth much more than a pick to a contender.

I really believe that the only way the Bruins trade Boychuk is if it is a deal that makes them a better team right now, the future past this coming season won't have as much influence on their decisions as it would for all but a few teams.

A pick in a future draft won't help them win the Cup this year.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:41 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
You are putting too high of a value on these guys. Boychuk is probably worth twice as much as McQuaid or more. McQuaid is probably worth the 3rd liner, he is a #5-6 defenseman, a good one, but he is still a #5-6 guy.

A 1st, a high end prospect, and a 3rd liner will probably get the best player available at the trade deadline or a very good player. I don't think anyone does that deal even for both of them.
I would agree that throwing McQuaid in there as an or with Boychuck is silly as they have nowhere close to similar value.

Boychuck is a legitimate #3 defenseman, who hits a ton, has solid leadership skills, and is a monster in the postseason (he definitely elevates his game when they matter most). He is a guy you can throw out there 24 minutes a night and get strong production. On top of that he is signed for what is now a below average price for 2 more years (he'd have been easily be a 4.5-5.5 million dollar player in the FA market this year)

I think the OP is asking for too much, I think the price would be closer to a #1, and a 3rd liner OR a prospect, not both, and honestly there is not a forward I would be interested in from Edmonton now that MPS is gone. yes they have forwards who would not be available, but I have no interest in the forwards who would be available.

Yes a #1, a 3rd liner and a Prospect might get you the best player available at the deadline, but that best player is a 20 game rental, who will leave at the end of the year.

In Boychuck you would be talking about bringing in a leader, who has a ton of playoff experience, and leadership. A guy who knows what it takes to win. And a western Canadian boy who is signed for a below market contract for 2 years, and would be someone they would have a real chance of extending when his contract is up.

personally I would be pissed if he is traded because it makes Boston much worse, and would make whomever acquires him much better, so yes there better be one strong package coming back

Old
07-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Baddkarma

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Dangle For You View Post
Um if you say Manchuk is not a crusher then you haven't watched him too much. One of the bigger hitters in the game
Right on Dangle and he is money in the post season. No way they deal him any time soon. Exceptional in the open ice. Dare I say Scott Stevenish light? MANCHUK! Johny Game!

Just for info purposes here is a small sample for those who have no clue what they are talking about...

Old
07-14-2013, 11:21 AM
cpsman

Quote:
this is absolutely horrible

i cant believe you proposed that

homer overrating at its finest

Also lets keep in mind,

The "pronger trade" was for:

First round draft pick
Defensive Prospect (Ladislav Smid)
Roster forward (Lupul, who was probably a second liner at the time)
conditional 1st round pick
2nd round pick

just think about that....and think about how thats not a whole lot more than what you are asking for boychuk...

then ask yourself if you reallllly think that boychuk is almost as good as pronger was in 2006.

Last edited by cpsman: 07-14-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old
07-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Good luck if you think a signed top 4 dman would cost you less than a 1st + very good prospect.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Toastman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
Good luck if you think a signed top 4 dman would cost you less than a 1st + very good prospect.
He's not worth a first round pick OR a high end prospect

Old
07-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsman View Post
this is absolutely horrible

i cant believe you proposed that

homer overrating at its finest

Also lets keep in mind,

The "pronger trade" was for:

First round draft pick
Defensive Prospect (Ladislav Smid)
Roster forward (Lupul, who was probably a second liner at the time)
conditional 1st round pick
2nd round pick

just think about that....and think about how thats not a whole lot more than what you are asking for boychuk...

then ask yourself if you reallllly think that boychuk is almost as good as pronger was in 2006.
Wrong, Pronger and prospect Ryan Dingle went from the Anaheim Ducks to Philadelphia for forward Joffrey Lupul, defenseman Luca Sbisa, first-round picks in 2009 and 2010 and a conditional third-round pick in 2010 or 2011.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

How about a big fat no?

Old
07-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastman View Post
He's not worth a first round pick OR a high end prospect
Really? Go check some trades occurred during deadline.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:21 PM
redbeard7737

wow, just wow...am I the only non homer Bruins fan? Good luck getting anything more than a 2nd rounder for Mcquaid...as for Boychuk, yeah you could maybe fetch a 1st rounder...but adding in a top prospect is a no chance in hell deal...Mcquaid is a number 5-6 dman, dime a dozen...Boychuk is a number 3-4 dman and at his price tag, not exactly a wicked deal that would have teams lining up to more great future pieces...

Old
07-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
wow, just wow...am I the only non homer Bruins fan? Good luck getting anything more than a 2nd rounder for Mcquaid...as for Boychuk, yeah you could maybe fetch a 1st rounder...but adding in a top prospect is a no chance in hell deal...Mcquaid is a number 5-6 dman, dime a dozen...Boychuk is a number 3-4 dman and at his price tag, not exactly a wicked deal that would have teams lining up to more great future pieces...

I agree, 1st + top prospect is way too much, but 1st + good prospect is fair market value. Teams are paying second round picks for rentals.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
Good luck if you think Adam McQuaid is a top 4 dman. Also Boychuk will not get you the Oilers 1st, which is a huge wildcard and could be anywhere between 5th overall and 20th overall. He'd get you the Sharks first or something.

Closed Thread