HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Routed again

Old
11-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Cookiefist

vCash: 500
Routed again

Only posting this because this bothered me way back when Lightning and Stamkos routed the Canadians. Subban said...

Subban’s response: “It’s not our best game out there. Obviously he scored some goals out there tonight. We know he can do that. Our team, when we’re playing well – ie in the playoffs last year when we faced them – we were a lot better than what we were tonight.

“For us, I’d tell Steven to enjoy it, because the next time, it’s not going to happen.”

(http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...-again/2202003)

So he is not giving credit where credit is due and it won't happen again. So, i guess he meant it wasn't going to happen again by the lightning? Isn't stammer and pk buddies? Seemed pretty disrespectful to me but even so, they just got routed 2 games in a row by Calgary and now Chicago.

Anyway from here on out all I can picture is Subban saying obviously Calgary scored some goals tonight and Chicago scored some goals tonight but that won't happen again...

Cookiefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2014, 11:42 AM
The YzerJesus
HoseEmAllAround

What's he supposed to say? "Yeah, we'll continue to let people score on us."

Non-issue, in my opinion.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
This is a non-story. You shove a microphone in my face after a bad loss, I'll probably say some stupid **** - and I don't even think this is something that's especially stupid. He's a prideful athlete, what do you expect him to say?

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Sky04

So he's saying what a leader on a team should say while throwing a jest at someone he's known since he was like 6?

What's the issue here?

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2014, 12:59 PM
chasespace

I didn't know Subban was a goalie...

I have no problems with his statement. He's an athlete that wants to win and was rightfully angry after getting blown out.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2014, 01:16 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

He was probably just a little bitter after the loss (and especially after Callahan just flew by him and scored a beauty) and was just taunting his old pal a bit.

Funny that he mentioned the playoffs though. Stammer was a PPG and scored 2 goals in 4 games in that series while playing on one and a half legs.

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Just a little banter...

Yashintangibles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2014, 12:09 AM
BOLTMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiefist View Post
Only posting this because this bothered me way back when Lightning and Stamkos routed the Canadians. Subban said...

Subban’s response: “It’s not our best game out there. Obviously he scored some goals out there tonight. We know he can do that. Our team, when we’re playing well – ie in the playoffs last year when we faced them – we were a lot better than what we were tonight.

“For us, I’d tell Steven to enjoy it, because the next time, it’s not going to happen.”

(http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightn...-again/2202003)

So he is not giving credit where credit is due and it won't happen again. So, i guess he meant it wasn't going to happen again by the lightning? Isn't stammer and pk buddies? Seemed pretty disrespectful to me but even so, they just got routed 2 games in a row by Calgary and now Chicago.

Anyway from here on out all I can picture is Subban saying obviously Calgary scored some goals tonight and Chicago scored some goals tonight but that won't happen again...

I agree with you buddy and you never want to give your opponent an edge by saying something stupid like that. You have nothing to gain.

professionals don't speak like that. They should never do that during the heat of the moment and spew crap out of their mouth they are taught not do that.

So yes my friend.

BOLTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2014, 04:50 AM
Rschmitz

Well he better back up the statement if he's going to give it. Simple as that

Rschmitz is online now   Reply With Quote