HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikita Kucherov

Old
12-14-2013, 10:59 PM
FDfranklin
Check Mate

vCash: 500
Also just remembered.. when we had the goalie pulled Crombeen was out there instead of Kuch.. I don't understand.

FDfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 12:38 AM
CarpeNoctem
I Pity #26

Put him on our 2nd line and give him max PP time.

CarpeNoctem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Alright - here's my schpiel on Kuch...

He loves to shoot. That's not surprising and it's something we don't really have enough of on the team, especially right now. Him being up here is amazing just for that. But we knew he would have that. The thing that's blowing my mind is everything else.

His hands are ridiculous. He has the same type of talent that Flip or Purcell has, where for some reason he's the one that comes out of a group of players with the puck. His vision is top notch - put him with some talent and he's a lock for 35-35 in my opinion. Someone that can get him the puck and someone that can finish. He'll be a mainstay on the second line. I think our depth scoring issues that we have right now will disappear in the future.

Damn is he slick out there too. He's got that pickpocket mentality. That thing is his, and when you have it - he wants it back. He's never going to lay someone out, but man, he could develop into Datsyukian levels of grand theft out there. I love this kid. So impressed with his complete game. When Stamkos comes back I won't be mad if he goes down to get more of an opportunity to be "the guy" - but it will be a short trip. He's a lock for the lineup next season.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:44 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
I would love to hear from Cooper why he won't put Kucherov on the PP.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:46 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
I would love to hear from Cooper why he won't put Kucherov on the PP.
Me too. Someone tweet EE.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Sky04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post

He loves to shoot. That's not surprising and it's something we don't really have enough of on the team, especially right now. Him being up here is amazing just for that. But we knew he would have that. The thing that's blowing my mind is everything else.

His hands are ridiculous. He has the same type of talent that Flip or Purcell has, where for some reason he's the one that comes out of a group of players with the puck. His vision is top notch - put him with some talent and he's a lock for 35-35 in my opinion. Someone that can get him the puck and someone that can finish. He'll be a mainstay on the second line. I think our depth scoring issues that we have right now will disappear in the future.

Damn is he slick out there too. He's got that pickpocket mentality. That thing is his, and when you have it - he wants it back. He's never going to lay someone out, but man, he could develop into Datsyukian levels of grand theft out there. I love this kid. So impressed with his complete game. When Stamkos comes back I won't be mad if he goes down to get more of an opportunity to be "the guy" - but it will be a short trip. He's a lock for the lineup next season.
He looks slick because he reads plays so well, however my main concern is that he is completely undersized out there, maybe that's why Coop is sheltering him, one big hit and he could be out for a while. I wouldn't be against him going down either, in fact I think it'd be the ideal move for his development, he now has a taste of the big leagues and can continue working as the go-to guy in the AHL. Send him to MSL's trainer or Gary Robert's this summer and he'll come out even better next season.

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
He looks slick because he reads plays so well, however my main concern is that he is completely undersized out there, maybe that's why Coop is sheltering him, one big hit and he could be out for a while. I wouldn't be against him going down either, in fact I think it'd be the ideal move for his development, he now has a taste of the big leagues and can continue working as the go-to guy in the AHL. Send him to MSL's trainer or Gary Robert's this summer and he'll come out even better next season.
Yeah, I don't have a problem with "sheltering" him, but at the same time his Even Strength playtime isn't what's pissing everyone off, it's the lack of PP time. I totally think for numerous reasons - conditioning and injury among them - that he should be at 15-17 minutes a night. It's just a good 2-4 of those minutes should be sitting in the circle with his stick ready to bang in one-timers.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I think while he has a TON of talent, the most impressive thing is his hockey IQ. I like the way Tampa is drafting. Skilled, smart players (not counting Derrrrrne).

Old
12-15-2013, 07:06 PM
DFC

Quote:

Purcell's hands are overrated. He doesn't operate in traffic like Kucherov, or Filppula, but instead he takes the puck to areas are perfectly comfortable letting him handle the puck.

Kucherov looks like the only thing he needs right now is a genuine opportunity to score. He didn't register a point tonight, but he was our best skater.

DFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

He's our most dangerous skater with JT Brown, who's a good energy guy and a good puck hound but not the most skilled, and Nate Thompson, who is also a great player, but not incredibly skilled. Put him with some guys that can either feed him the puck well or finish what he starts, and watch the points flow.

Old
12-15-2013, 07:11 PM
DFC

Quote:
He's our most dangerous skater with JT Brown, who's a good energy guy and a good puck hound but not the most skilled, and Nate Thompson, who is also a great player, but not incredibly skilled. Put him with some guys that can either feed him the puck well or finish what he starts, and watch the points flow.
I like him with Nate. Thompson is a guy who can do the dirty work for a skilled player like Kucherov. Purcell/Kuch in limited time together have looked very dangerous. I would love to see Thompson-Kucherov-Purcell as a third line. Purcell/Flip hasn't worked all year.

Old
12-15-2013, 09:47 PM
FDfranklin
Check Mate

Anyone have a video of him cutting up the slot?

Old
12-16-2013, 12:50 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Old
12-16-2013, 02:01 AM
Tampa Bay Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Great save but Panik should have burried it.

Tampa Bay Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 09:33 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 06:50 AM
ultra63

#1 play of the night on NHL Tonight with his "Swedish" move

ultra63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 08:11 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
He's 2 for 2 with this move so far, right?

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 12:28 PM
DFC

Quote:
Can't remember what he tried on the miss. But yeah, this was the same move he scored his first SO goal on. Wish we could have both videos up to see how similar they were.

Old
12-18-2013, 12:30 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Yep. 2 for 3 overall.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 12-18-2013 at 12:50 PM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:40 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
Can't remember what he tried on the miss. But yeah, this was the same move he scored his first SO goal on. Wish we could have both videos up to see how similar they were.
I don't think he made a move for his second shot, just came in and shot it to the left side of the net.

MattM92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Honestly, I've never seen that move go five hole before. I think Nabby played it really well, and Kuch was able to adjust and bring it back a bit.

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Either way, gotta love a young guy that's not afraid to do something creative in the shootout.

Except for Omark, of course. That was classless.

Old
12-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Bolt32

I'm just worried we will be sending him back to the Cuse when everyone gets healthy.

I was contemplating next years lines....Well let me know what you think.

Killorn-Stamkos-MSL
Drouin-Flippula-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Purcell
Pyatt-Thompson-Panik/Crombeen.

I just think this kid is too good for the AHL, if he takes his weight training seriously in the offseason, then really the sky is the limit for this kid. I'm starting to see a trend, that in our 2004 cup winning team it was built around 4 players. MSL, Richards, VL and Dan Boyle.

Now we have Stamkos, Hedman, Drouin and so far it looks like that fourth player is Kucherov. He has all of the tools, he really worked hard on his defense as shown when he is playing so he isn't a all offensive player anymore. His hands are just ridiculous, and the only person on this team that can say they have a better shot than him is Stamkos.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
I'm just worried we will be sending him back to the Cuse when everyone gets healthy.

I was contemplating next years lines....Well let me know what you think.

Killorn-Stamkos-MSL
Drouin-Flippula-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Purcell
Pyatt-Thompson-Panik/Crombeen.

I just think this kid is too good for the AHL, if he takes his weight training seriously in the offseason, then really the sky is the limit for this kid. I'm starting to see a trend, that in our 2004 cup winning team it was built around 4 players. MSL, Richards, VL and Dan Boyle.

Now we have Stamkos, Hedman, Drouin and so far it looks like that fourth player is Kucherov. He has all of the tools, he really worked hard on his defense as shown when he is playing so he isn't a all offensive player anymore. His hands are just ridiculous, and the only person on this team that can say they have a better shot than him is Stamkos.
I mean, the only reason he "needs" to go back to Syracuse is his size, but at the same time he has not looked out of place because of it... he's pretty shifty and has such good hands he actually does pretty well along the boards despite his size.

I think the best thing would be able to roll two PPs with Stammer on the top and Kuch on the second, and actually work the puck to them instead of this hot potato ******** we're doing right now.

Old
12-18-2013, 04:18 PM
CarpeNoctem
I Pity #26

Size is tremendously overrated to a player who heavily relies on vision. I don't want to see him sent back down for the sake of it. Get him PP time. Let him develop now.

CarpeNoctem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 05:03 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeNoctem View Post
Size is tremendously overrated to a player who heavily relies on vision. I don't want to see him sent back down for the sake of it. Get him PP time. Let him develop now.
Size isn't overrated to a kid getting crushed in the corners.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2013, 05:36 PM
FDfranklin
Check Mate

I honestly think the kid is going to be great and can't see him being sent down. I just get worried with all these forwards. Last season we were talking about Conacher just the same as we are about Kucherov now. Yzerman better not break my heart.

About size.. Is Garry Roberts exclusive to only certain players? What's stopping Kuch from training with him in the off season and why don't all of our players do it?