HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Gauthier, Rielly vs Galchenyuk, McCarron

View Poll Results: ?
Rielly, Gauthier 33 27.27%
Galchenyuk, McCarron 88 72.73%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2013, 12:25 PM
will13

vCash: 500
Gauthier, Rielly vs Galchenyuk, McCarron

Which duo would you rather have on your team?

Frederick Gauthier and Morgan Rielly
or
Alex Galchenyuk and Mike McCarron

Old
07-14-2013, 12:28 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Galchenyuk and McCarron because Galchenyuk has already played in the NHL but Rielly and Gauthier have not

Old
07-14-2013, 12:30 PM
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks

vCash: 1660
Los Americanos

Old
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

I'll take Galchenyuk over Reilly and Gauthier combined thank you. Galchenyuk/Reilly have similarly high ceilings with a slight edge to Galchenyuk, but we know Galchenyuk is at least a good NHLer, Morgan Reilly is all potential at this point. An immobile 2nd line upside guy who's at least 2 years away from the show doesn't make up for the difference.

Old
kujo31

It's a hard call for me I love Rielly, but Galchenyuk has already played and done well in the NHL, the other two for me are equal, but for now I'd have to take Galchenyuk

Old
07-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
I'll take Galchenyuk over Reilly and Gauthier combined thank you. Galchenyuk/Reilly have similarly high ceilings with a slight edge to Galchenyuk, but we know Galchenyuk is at least a good NHLer, Morgan Reilly is all potential at this point. An immobile 2nd line upside guy who's at least 2 years away from the show doesn't make up for the difference.
You mean a top 5 skater from the combine or....?

Anyways you're right, it's Galchenyuk over any of these guys combined.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:32 PM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

vCash: 566
So Montreal gets props for rushing prospects.
lol

Old
07-14-2013, 12:32 PM
shaner89

Hard to compare since dman take longer to develop. Reilly's potential is through the roof

Close imo

Old
07-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Spitsfan67*

Gally and McCarron Easily RIGHT NOW it ain't even close...!

Old
07-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Lebanese Leaf

I honestly believe Rielly will be a better NHL player than Gally.

I would trade him for Gally just because #1C is more of a need for the Leafs than #1D, but this kid has Norris level potential, a rare breed of elite Dman. Then Gauthier>McCarron IMO, so I give the edge to the Leafs pair.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:45 PM
TMLrule*

Gauthier and Reilly easily are you guys serious? Just because Galchenyuk played in the NHL makes them better? No!!

Gauthier is the best backchecker in the draft and will most likely work his way up from the 4th line to 2nd line center during his career. Reilly is potentially our #1 D-man in the future.

Galchenyuk might be the better than Gauthier but he won't be better than Reilly if anything they are equal. And McArron isn't even as good as Gauthier.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
You mean a top 5 skater from the combine or....?

Anyways you're right, it's Galchenyuk over any of these guys combined.
Meh, he looked really slow to me for some reason at the prospects game. But I guess that was just a bad sample size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLrule View Post
Gauthier and Reilly easily are you guys serious? Just because Galchenyuk played in the NHL makes them better? No!!

Gauthier is the best backchecker in the draft and will most likely work his way up from the 4th line to 2nd line center during his career. Reilly is potentially our #1 D-man in the future.

Galchenyuk might be the better than Gauthier but he won't be better than Reilly if anything they are equal. And McArron isn't even as good as Gauthier.
Aaaaand you're argument fails right there.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:54 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
So Montreal gets props for rushing prospects.
lol
...Rushing Galchenyuk, really? A player finish 2nd of his team at ES scoring, all the while being mid-range for ES IT, wasn't rushed.

Montreal for me... Actually, the wild card here is McCarron. Gauthier's upside is pretty much a 6'5 Jordan Staal (which is great, by the way), and he's FAR from being an immobile player. And he's also safe to make it -- with the downside being a quicker Dave Steckel (which would still make him a very useful NHL'er). McCarron's downside is to never play a game in the NHL.

The only red flag I have about Gauthier was his downright dreadful playoff performance in the Q, where he was outplayed by every other draft-eligible player that actually got drafted in that round (his teammate Morin, Poirier and Reway).

Old
07-14-2013, 12:55 PM
TMLrule*

Quote:
Meh, he looked really slow to me for some reason at the prospects game. But I guess that was just a bad sample size.

actually you failed

Old
07-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
actually you failed
Whatever makes you sleep at night bud.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:22 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

Quote:

Old
07-14-2013, 01:24 PM
TMLrule*

Quote:
Whatever makes you sleep at night bud.
Explain yourself then? You know probably zip about Toronto. I said Reilly is potentially our #1 because we might trade him to keep Gardiner, he's gonna be a Top pairing D-man in the future. He'll still be better than Galchenyuk on another team.

Last edited by Hurt: 07-14-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old
07-14-2013, 01:28 PM
kingdok

Was considering picking the leafs duo, because McCarron is a level below the others, but then I realized I would take much more then Rielly and Gauthier to get Galchenyuk out of Montreal.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

McCarron and Gauthier, a toss up

Then, it depends on whether you want a potential #1C or a potential #1D on your team.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:32 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:

The hype for Rielly by Leaf fans is absolutely hilarious. Guy hasn't even played a second in the NHL and yet he's apparently he's automatically going to be better than Galchenyuk who has proven he can be a good NHL player already despite missing basically a full year.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Sasha was rushed by Montreal? Now I've heard it all.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
The hype for Rielly by Leaf fans is absolutely hilarious. Guy hasn't even played a second in the NHL and yet he's apparently he's automatically going to be better than Galchenyuk who has proven he can be a good NHL player already despite missing basically a full year.
From one extreme to the other.

Honestly, take advantage of the "hasn't played in the NHL" argument while you can. In two years you'll laugh at yourself for even saying it.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:40 PM
morrielly

vCash: 748
this should be an interesting poll by next offseason when rielly should have his first nhl season under his belt.

btw, serious underrating of gauthier by some posters. his defensive is probably the best in the draft nex to horvat. plus he went ppg in his first year in the Q so his offensive game is devoloping. and hes a giant. His potential is really high(legit #1 C) and his downside is pretty high as well (really good third line C) but i think he can become a big selke calibre #2 C in his prime. long way to go til then however.

just in case you wanted to know a bit about gauthier...

Old
07-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Rielly should have gone #1 so he's easily the greatest prospect in the history of the NHL.

Please, Gardiner will be better than him IMO.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrielly View Post
this should be an interesting poll by next offseason when rielly should have his first nhl season under his belt.

btw, serious underrating of gauthier by some posters. his defensive is probably the best in the draft nex to horvat. plus he went ppg in his first year in the Q so his offensive game is devoloping. and hes a giant. His potential is really high(legit #1 C) and his downside is pretty high as well (really good third line C) but i think he can become a big selke calibre #2 C in his prime. long way to go til then however.

just in case you wanted to know a bit about gauthier...
Heard the same story about Colbourne, is he a #1 yet?

Closed Thread