HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: To Alcohol! The Cause of & Solution To All of Life's Problems

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-10-2013, 08:29 PM
  #976
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoPuntzJones View Post
It makes sense you can't find them down South. Pierogies are filthy Catholic food. They're not about to let good Southern boys be lulled in popery like that.
Catholics stole them. They are hunky food. The stuff you eat after spending 28 hours a day in the mill.

JTG is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:30 PM
  #977
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,892
vCash: 500
I knew it was pierogie night at my house because you could smell the onions frying when I got off the bus in the afternoon.

JTG is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:41 PM
  #978
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 55,710
vCash: 500
I've never eaten a pierogie...and my family is nothing but filthy Catholics!


German Catholics, though.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:43 PM
  #979
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer
 
BrunoPuntzJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,926
vCash: 500
My family is half Polish and I can't remember the last time I had a pierogie.

BrunoPuntzJones is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:53 PM
  #980
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I've never eaten a pierogie...and my family is nothing but filthy Catholics!


German Catholics, though.
How's that even possible growing up in Pittsburgh?

JTG is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 08:54 PM
  #981
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
even i've eaten my fair share of pierogies.

Crafton is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 09:06 PM
  #982
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 55,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
How's that even possible growing up in Pittsburgh?
I didn't even know what the hell a pierogie was until the Pirates started that stupid race

Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
11-10-2013, 09:06 PM
  #983
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,892
vCash: 500
At a church or wedding or any sort of event buffet in Pittsburgh there's good odds you accidentally put a pierogie on your plate. It's almost unavoidable.

JTG is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 09:34 PM
  #984
cassius
Registered User
 
cassius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentino Ariza View Post
Yes. DC is absolutely ridixulous for how many hot, smart, and young women it has hanging around. Sometimes I feel like they actually outnumber the guys and thats part of the reason its so great.
I'm jelly. Man..... tough sledding around this area, lol.

On a sidenote - this is a brilliant article that accurately sums up the world of online dating:

http://www.rolereboot.org/sex-and-re...-women-like-me


Last edited by cassius: 11-10-2013 at 10:12 PM.
cassius is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 11:51 PM
  #985
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kampuchia
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500

ManInTheBox is offline  
Old
11-10-2013, 11:52 PM
  #986
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,892
vCash: 500
Until today, I completely forgot cassius blocked me.

JTG is offline  
Old
11-11-2013, 12:02 PM
  #987
Superstar Shane
Registered User
 
Superstar Shane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
On a sidenote - this is a brilliant article that accurately sums up the world of online dating:

http://www.rolereboot.org/sex-and-re...-women-like-me
I guess I lucked out then. I met my future (a month from Thursday) wife on the interwebs about a month and a half after I first signed up for the dating website.

Superstar Shane is offline  
Old
11-11-2013, 12:40 PM
  #988
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I didn't even know what the hell a pierogie was until the Pirates started that stupid race
You're a damn liar!

Shady Machine is offline  
Old
11-11-2013, 02:42 PM
  #989
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,384
vCash: 50
Damn you all for making me crave pierogies now.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is online now  
Old
11-11-2013, 06:21 PM
  #990
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 34,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Damn you all for making me crave pierogies now.
seriously. someone mail me some pierogies.

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
11-11-2013, 11:05 PM
  #991
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: bay area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 500
I hope that the person whose tweet is in my signature posts on these boards

BigBenSF* is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 12:19 AM
  #992
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 55,710
vCash: 500
In the past 24 hours I got a free PS4 game from Amazon and a check in the mail from EA Sports for $169.02.


Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
11-12-2013, 01:06 AM
  #993
HuskerTornado
Monster Snow Goon
 
HuskerTornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 12,548
vCash: 500
Apparently I never heard about this free money from EA thing.

HuskerTornado is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 01:19 AM
  #994
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
Apparently I never heard about this free money from EA thing.
It depends on how you define 'free'.

I believe that you have to get naked and swing on a wrecking ball imitating Miley Cyrus. And that is just for the PS4. I have no idea what Big had to do for the $169 and some change. I am afraid to ask.

Jaded-Fan is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 01:50 AM
  #995
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,242
vCash: 500
So heading to Charleston SC this Saturday for a week. The girlfriend has wanted to go there for a long time and finally gave in and am taking her there.

Anyone who knows the place that can suggest the best fine dining place there?

Jaded-Fan is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 01:56 AM
  #996
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 55,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
It depends on how you define 'free'.

I believe that you have to get naked and swing on a wrecking ball imitating Miley Cyrus. And that is just for the PS4. I have no idea what Big had to do for the $169 and some change. I am afraid to ask.


It was a class action lawsuit about Madden & NCAA Football (basically saying the exclusive licensing contracts created a monopoly) from eons ago that I'd completely forgotten about. Basically I got a certain percentage back on all of the copies of Madden & NCAA I bought once the exclusive contracts eliminated competition (the PS2/XBox games bringing in way more than the current gen ones). Typically I don't align myself with class action suits, but a.) it's EA Sports, they deserve a swift kick in the nuts, b.) I did play the 2K games and miss having them around, and c.) EA got lazy without the competition and the football games from 2005 were arguably better than the ones released this year.

I still think it's a little off that 2K wasn't hit with one as well for doing the same thing with MLB, though. The difference between MVP Baseball and World Series was a way larger chasm than 2K and Madden was and they got even lazier than EA Sports with that piece of **** series...but that wasn't a complete exclusive license as first-party baseball games could still be released (my desire for an actually decent baseball game was the last straw that led to me finally buying a PS3).


Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 11-12-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Big McLargehuge is online now  
Old
11-12-2013, 02:08 AM
  #997
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post


It was a class action lawsuit about Madden & NCAA Football (basically saying the exclusive licensing contracts created a monopoly) from eons ago that I'd completely forgotten about. Basically I got a certain percentage back on all of the copies of Madden & NCAA I bought once the exclusive contracts eliminated competition (the PS2/XBox games bringing in way more than the current gen ones). Typically I don't align myself with class action suits, but a.) it's EA Sports, they deserve a swift kick in the nuts, b.) I did play the 2K games and miss having them around, and c.) EA got lazy without the competition and the football games from 2005 were arguably better than the ones released this year.

I still think it's a little off that 2K wasn't hit with one as well for doing the same thing with MLB, though. The difference between MVP Baseball and World Series was a way larger chasm than 2K and Madden was and they got even lazier than EA Sports with that piece of **** series...but that wasn't a complete exclusive license as first-party baseball games could still be released (my desire for an actually decent baseball game was the last straw that led to me finally buying a PS3).
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Jaded-Fan is offline  
Old
11-12-2013, 02:54 AM
  #998
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 55,710
vCash: 500

Big McLargehuge is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.