HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Off Season/Free Agent Discussion Part IV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-26-2013, 07:29 PM
  #201
redbull
springtime hockey!
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,478
vCash: 500
This is something I really don't care about. I think that as long as Boyes isn't there, everything else is an upgrade - with or without Moulson.

Last year exposed the vulnerability of that line and how much JT was asked to produce, carrying his linemates - and m thankful he didn't get hurt

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 09:01 PM
  #202
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!
 
petrocelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
okay since you guys are giving me the room to trade moulson in this deal, how about I just expand It to include Molson and Blake Wheeler, so this whole trade is:

Blake Wheeler and Zach Bogosian

For

Andrew MacDonald, Matt Moulson, Adam Pelech, And Our 2Nd rounder In 2014???

we get another young stud defenseman, who is Exactly a few years younger, and a little bigger than Travis Hamoni..... On the Other Hand, Blake Wheeler who is 6'5, could provide plenty of offense And Space alongside JT's right Wing.. I love it!!

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
  #203
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 21,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
okay since you guys are giving me the room to trade moulson in this deal, how about I just expand It to include Molson and Blake Wheeler, so this whole trade is:

Blake Wheeler and Zach Bogosian

For

Andrew MacDonald, Matt Moulson, Adam Pelech, And Our 2Nd rounder In 2014???

we get another young stud defenseman, who is Exactly a few years younger, and a little bigger than Travis Hamoni..... On the Other Hand, Blake Wheeler who is 6'5, could provide plenty of offense And Space alongside JT's right Wing.. I love it!!
That is awful for WPG. Why would they want two UFAs to be for two top notch young players? They also just re-signed Wheeler to a long term deal.

__________________

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 11:29 PM
  #204
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge
 
enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 2,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
No offense to Thomas Vanek, but if he has his one way of playing offensively, Tavares has three. The best quality about JT is that he's as good (offensively) without the puck as he is with it.

What JT needs is somebody to help tip the ice. I don't think it matters how that is achieved. When JT spends time in the offensive zone, he'll score.
great post.....couldnt agree more on every point

by the way, saw a stat the other day that were 60 or so days away from the start of the season!? seems like the season just ended, but i guess I'm just not used to the playoffs

not complaining though! still hoping we pull off some sort of signing (offense or defense) to tighten up the lineup...we are going to go into next season with holes, but most teams do...we just have to add something as we have a tough division

enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 05:11 AM
  #205
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,956
vCash: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
okay since you guys are giving me the room to trade moulson in this deal, how about I just expand It to include Molson and Blake Wheeler, so this whole trade is:

Blake Wheeler and Zach Bogosian

For

Andrew MacDonald, Matt Moulson, Adam Pelech, And Our 2Nd rounder In 2014???

we get another young stud defenseman, who is Exactly a few years younger, and a little bigger than Travis Hamoni..... On the Other Hand, Blake Wheeler who is 6'5, could provide plenty of offense And Space alongside JT's right Wing.. I love it!!
You would need to pick one or the other. Wheeler just signed a long deal, that averages $5.8m and Bogo is a rfa, who will get a big contract.

I would rather have Bogo. The players Winnipeg would demand are likely players like Strome, Reinhart, Okposo.

Moulson, only a yr from being a ufa, holds little appeal.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 09:02 PM
  #206
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!
 
petrocelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
That is awful for WPG. Why would they want two UFAs to be for two top notch young players? They also just re-signed Wheeler to a long term deal.
Dude, If i'm dreamin Up An off-season Deal, You Better Believe We Are Getting The Sweet End Of The deaL...You Think That Was Bad?? I Guess Asking For Evander Kane Instead Of Wheeler Would hAve Been A Bit Much... lol...I Havent Proposed A Trade In Awile, And Now I Remember why..... ) lolz
Its My Proposal, Let Me Dream!!

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 09:04 PM
  #207
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!
 
petrocelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
You would need to pick one or the other. Wheeler just signed a long deal, that averages $5.8m and Bogo is a rfa, who will get a big contract.

I would rather have Bogo. The players Winnipeg would demand are likely players like Strome, Reinhart, Okposo.

Moulson, only a yr from being a ufa, holds little appeal.
** When I Come Up With Meaningless off-season Player For Player Deals, Players Free Ageny status doesn't Exactly Figure Into The Equation..

°° Unless you're GonnA Send Me Medical Records..

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 03:23 AM
  #208
giddy up*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
Dude, If i'm dreamin Up An off-season Deal, You Better Believe We Are Getting The Sweet End Of The deaL...You Think That Was Bad?? I Guess Asking For Evander Kane Instead Of Wheeler Would hAve Been A Bit Much... lol...I Havent Proposed A Trade In Awile, And Now I Remember why..... ) lolz
Its My Proposal, Let Me Dream!!
Why do you capitalize the first letter in every word?

giddy up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:29 AM
  #209
crashthenet
Registered User
 
crashthenet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hockey Falls
Posts: 3,885
vCash: 500
Cody Franson vs. Amac?

crashthenet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:32 AM
  #210
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 17,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashthenet View Post
Cody Franson vs. Amac?
Is that a trade proposal? Because I'd rather have AMac. I see no reason to trade AMac, Hamonic, or Visnovsky. A top-4 defenseman has to be added. At this point I'd rather add a defensive lefty since Visnovsky is so comfortable on the right side.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:16 PM
  #211
Dutch Frost
Battle Level
 
Dutch Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,987
vCash: 500
Zach Bogosian signs a 7 yr 36 million dollar contract.. cant wait for the next lockout fellas!!

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 05:03 PM
  #212
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Zach Bogosian signs a 7 yr 36 million dollar contract.. cant wait for the next lockout fellas!!
Insane!

When I see what these teams are signing guys to, I find myself having more and more and more respect for Snow.

Would not EVERY NHL team take Hamonic and his new contract over Bogosian and his???

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:51 PM
  #213
bioman22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
That may be true to some degree. Conversely, look at what the Jets have to spend to keep guys in Winnipeg!!! Way over paying. But they also don't have much in the system, so I guess they are protecting the assets they do have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Insane!

When I see what these teams are signing guys to, I find myself having more and more and more respect for Snow.

Would not EVERY NHL team take Hamonic and his new contract over Bogosian and his???

bioman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 10:02 PM
  #214
bioman22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
I still say Franson would be good to add at this point.

•Steve Simmons: Cody Franson trade rumors don’t make sense to Simmons unless the Maple Leafs started them in hopes of driving down his price. Paul Ranger was on an AHL deal last season and free to sign with anyone, at any point. 18 teams contacted him but he always said no.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bioman22 View Post
Report from Toronto said me may become available due to cap. Seems like a good fit to replace Striet.

bioman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 04:07 AM
  #215
rikker
fan since '75.
 
rikker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioman22 View Post
I still say Franson would be good to add at this point.

•Steve Simmons: Cody Franson trade rumors don’t make sense to Simmons unless the Maple Leafs started them in hopes of driving down his price. Paul Ranger was on an AHL deal last season and free to sign with anyone, at any point. 18 teams contacted him but he always said no.
the Nashville fans were saying that he had very little hockey sense, when he left there. not sure what else (bad attitude?), but the consensus seemed to be that he wasn't wanted. i would tread carefully around guys like this. at this point, we don't need to add guys that mess with our chemistry.

rikker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 12:23 PM
  #216
Sheva7
Work Hahd Play Smaht
 
Sheva7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioman22 View Post
I still say Franson would be good to add at this point.
He would be. But not for the money/term he's gonna be asking for.

But mind you, if he's interested in signing a 2yr bridge type deal, he may be worth going after as i'd imagine it wouldn't take much to get him at this point. The Leafs aren't exactly in a position of strength right now given the hole Nonis dug himself into so he could be had for cheap. Everyone and their grandparents know that he's up the creek without a paddle right now.

I'd lowball him with a 3rd and see what happens. I'd probably go as high as a 2nd, but no more than that. We got a lot of our own guys comin up, so no need to offer more than that.

Sheva7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 03:02 PM
  #217
redbull
springtime hockey!
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikker View Post
the Nashville fans were saying that he had very little hockey sense, when he left there. not sure what else (bad attitude?), but the consensus seemed to be that he wasn't wanted. i would tread carefully around guys like this. at this point, we don't need to add guys that mess with our chemistry.
He's a very good defenseman. He had a great season last year, I'd say he was the best Leafs defenseman (though Phaneuf, even though everyone hates him, was pretty good last year as well).

His offensive game and play on the PP was excellent. He'd be a top four guy, good PP guy, immediately next season. Donovan projects to be the same type of player though, just a couple of years younger and smaller.

Leafs have to find a way to sign him.

Nonis messed up with the Bozak signing and he should have bought out Liles - now they have Kadri and Franson to sign with little money left, plus they still lack a #1 centre.

Burke really messed up by not getting Tavares at the draft

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 03:12 PM
  #218
blinkman360
Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,673
vCash: 500
Outside of goal, I just really don't want to see Snow do anything. Let nature take its course with these young guys. Let Nelson, Strome, Reinhart, Donovan, de Haan, etc. work their way onto the team and fill these holes/weaknesses.

Save every penny we have, invest it into locking up our core and bringing in a top notch goalie via UFA or trade(preferably UFA, unless someone young and high-end becomes available). We have enough high-end prospects now, especially guys close to the NHL level, that we shouldn't really have to do anything drastic anywhere else.

Stay the course, Garth.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 07:05 AM
  #219
2ndGenIslander
Potvin's Cups
 
2ndGenIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Thehockeywriters.com - Islanders should pursue Cody Franson

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-isla...e-cody-franson

Interesting read, it would be nice to have a guy that can help fill the void of Streits absence until a guy like Pullock is ready

2ndGenIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 08:02 AM
  #220
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndGenIslander View Post
http://thehockeywriters.com/the-isla...e-cody-franson

Interesting read, it would be nice to have a guy that can help fill the void of Streits absence until a guy like Pullock is ready
Perhaps, but I'd have to think that the cost would be more than a 2014 2nd. (Calvin de Haan is worthless until he proves he can stay healthy.)

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 09:49 AM
  #221
rikker
fan since '75.
 
rikker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndGenIslander View Post
http://thehockeywriters.com/the-isla...e-cody-franson

Interesting read, it would be nice to have a guy that can help fill the void of Streits absence until a guy like Pullock is ready
not sold on the writer's 'opinion'. he states that Carkner will probably be in BPort this year, so Franson's size will be welcome... seriously?

as with all players, it's not just what he brings, it's what he costs. sure we could use him, but giving up DeHaan and a mid pick? and how long will Franson stick around?

give us more info first, so we can say whether it's a good or bad idea

rikker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 11:00 AM
  #222
bigd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikker View Post
not sold on the writer's 'opinion'. he states that Carkner will probably be in BPort this year, so Franson's size will be welcome... seriously?

as with all players, it's not just what he brings, it's what he costs. sure we could use him, but giving up DeHaan and a mid pick? and how long will Franson stick around?

give us more info first, so we can say whether it's a good or bad idea
Ya, Carkner isn't going to BP. The only Dman from last seasons roster that I can see them trying to send to through BP is Finley.

bigd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 11:47 AM
  #223
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,717
vCash: 500
FlaPanthers: #FlaPanthers have signed center Scott Gomez to a one-year contract. READ RELEASE: http://t.co/6PuTodBOLZ

https://twitter.com/flapanthers/stat...15150882193411

__________________
Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 12:35 PM
  #224
Wedregast
Registered User
 
Wedregast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 995
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
FlaPanthers: #FlaPanthers have signed center Scott Gomez to a one-year contract. READ RELEASE: http://t.co/6PuTodBOLZ

https://twitter.com/flapanthers/stat...15150882193411
Why does this not shock me. Didn't they lose Weiss this offseason? I guess Gomez is his replacement.

Wedregast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 01:56 PM
  #225
malPHONEY
Registered User
 
malPHONEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Insane!

When I see what these teams are signing guys to, I find myself having more and more and more respect for Snow.

Would not EVERY NHL team take Hamonic and his new contract over Bogosian and his???
I don't see what's so bad about the deal. He's the same age as Hamonic and gets the same years and less than 1.5M more. I'd say that Bogo is a much better defender right now as well.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.