HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marc Staal to Colorado

Old
07-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
It has everything to do with everything. Go get some life experience, your opinion is meaningless otherwise.
Your arrogance is astounding, even for these boards.

If you think a trade can only be done if the Rags are clear victors you need to wake up from fantasy land. Zherdev trade ring a bell? Clowe? He's made a handful of trades you could even call pure steals. Nash, Jagr, McDonagh and maybe moving Gaborik. How many other outright steals has the guy made in almost 15 years?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Staal isn't expendable. It would require overpayment.
Isn't Staal the definition of expendable? He is injury prone and the Rangers have a ton of younger, more cost effective LH defenders coming up the pipeline. It makes total sense to move him to fill a dire need elsewhere in the lineup (center depth).

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
look at what defensemen MUCH worse than Staal are getting on the open market (hell even in RFAs).. Staal is signed for 2 more years at under 4M for a top pairing shut down defensemen. Its going to require serious value coming back.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:11 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
So basically you're not getting Marc Staal.
HF logic at its finest:

NYRs 2nd pairing, borderline 1st pairing dman coming off a rather scary injury is worth one of the Avs 3 franchise caliber players all under age 22. What a joke. Before you make a crazy comment think about your teams 3 best players and what you'd want in return for them, thats probably close to what we'd want for ours.

I'm pretty sure that if NYR offered Staal, who will just go to Carolina in a couple years anyways to play with his brothers, and asked the Avs to give up one of their franchise caliber players under age 22, the Avs GM would just laugh in their face for a good 10 minutes, and then they'd ask if they were serious.

In seriousness though as an Avs fan, I have absolutely 0 interest in Staal. He had a bad injury last year and no one knows how its going to affect him, Bryan Berard was never the same after his eye injury and in 2 years he is going to sign in Carolina anyways, so what would be the point in trading for him since the Avs aren't exactly Cup contenders this year or next. We'd just be wasting assets on something that would give us minimal return. It would just be a terrible decision for the Avs.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

If you think a trade can only be done if the Rags are clear victors you need to wake up from fantasy land. Zherdev trade ring a bell? Clowe? He's made a handful of trades you could even call pure steals. Nash, Jagr, McDonagh and maybe moving Gaborik. How many other outright steals has the guy made in almost 15 years?
trading Tyutin was a disaster and countless useless acquisations of goons (Scott) and deadline rentals that didn't do **** for the Rangers (Clowe, Antropov, Morris, etc)

Old
07-14-2013, 11:12 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Would be tough for the Rangers since they're so tight against the cap. What was O'Reilly's qualifying offer again?
QO is a nasty $6.5.

But we believe he's willing to sign somewhere closer to $5 at long term. We can take some salary back if that's what you need.

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
HF logic at its finest:

NYRs 2nd pairing, borderline 1st pairing dman coming off a rather scary injury is worth one of the Avs 3 franchise caliber players all under age 22. What a joke. Before you make a crazy comment think about your teams 3 best players and what you'd want in return for them, thats probably close to what we'd want for ours.

I'm pretty sure that if NYR offered Staal, who will just go to Carolina in a couple years anyways to play with his brothers, and asked the Avs to give up one of their franchise caliber players under age 22, the Avs GM would just laugh in their face for a good 10 minutes, and then they'd ask if they were serious.

In seriousness though as an Avs fan, I have absolutely 0 interest in Staal. He had a bad injury last year and no one knows how its going to affect him, Bryan Berard was never the same after his eye injury and in 2 years he is going to sign in Carolina anyways, so what would be the point in trading for him since the Avs aren't exactly Cup contenders this year or next. We'd just be wasting assets on something that would give us minimal return. It would just be a terrible decision for the Avs.
this. if you asked for player Y, it would require overpayment to pry out of X team.

All three of Landeskog, Duchene and MacKinnon are significantly more valuable than Staal, but I think there could be some interest involving ROR. Fair value for both sides

Old
07-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
ROR would almost have to come back, but the Rangers have Stepan, Richards, Brassard, Boyle, Moore, and Miller all who can play C so I'm not sure ROR is a fit.
Salary-wise, he's absolutely not a fit. His QO will be north of 6 million (though it's likely that he'll extend for less than that). His contact situation in general is very undesirable. That said, he'd immediately make your second line a point of strength.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
and in 2 years he is going to sign in Carolina anyways.
Yeah, everyone is dying to play with their family in sports...

If Carolina is not a cup contender at that time, Staal will not be signing there.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
QO is a nasty $6.5.

But we believe he's willing to sign somewhere closer to $5 at long term. We can take some salary back if that's what you need.
I would definitely be interested in a trade here. ROR is the perfect 2 way C to compliment Stepan. Brassard can be an effective 3C. Center depth is a weakness at the moment imo.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Engine View Post
Salary-wise, he's absolutely not a fit. His QO will be north of 6 million (though it's likely that he'll extend for less than that). His contact situation in general is very undesirable. That said, he'd immediately make your second line a point of strength.
even if ROR is making 6M the Rangers would be moving 4M of staal going the other way, so for at least 2 more years, the salary is not a huge deal.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Lundsanity30

anyway, the Rangers have too many centers as it is going into this season, whether Ranger fans want to admit it or not, the organization believes Richards can bounce back and have a good season. It just doesn't make sense to make a move for another center (at least for this year) when there are other glaring holes (LW)

Old
07-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
anyway, the Rangers have too many centers as it is going into this season, whether Ranger fans want to admit it or not, the organization believes Richards can bounce back and have a good season. It just doesn't make sense to make a move for another center (at least for this year) when there are other glaring holes (LW)
that is when you move Richards to LW. O'Reilly fits the mold of an AV type 2C/3C.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:19 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
I would definitely be interested in a trade here. ROR is the perfect 2 way C to compliment Stepan. Brassard can be an effective 3C. Center depth is a weakness at the moment imo.

Staal
Powe

Ryan O'Reilly
3rd 2014
Gabriel Beaupre

Would you be interested in something like this? Honestly not sure what you need Prospect-wise. Beaupre is a shutdown d-man. That can change I just don't know what's ideal

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
that is when you move Richards to LW. O'Reilly fits the mold of an AV type 2C/3C.
How many games has Richards played wing in his career though? I doubt the Rangers want to try a 6.67M experiement

Old
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Isn't Staal the definition of expendable? He is injury prone and the Rangers have a ton of younger, more cost effective LH defenders coming up the pipeline. It makes total sense to move him to fill a dire need elsewhere in the lineup (center depth).
None of which are in Staal's universe.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

Staal
Powe

Ryan O'Reilly
3rd 2014
Gabriel Beaupre

Would you be interested in something like this?
take Pyatt too

Old
07-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Engine View Post
What exactly have I said that seems like an attempt to coerce a trade? I said before that Staal has more value to the Rangers than a team would be willing to give, and that he will not be moved. Your frothy rage has completely blinded you to what people are actually saying.
You threw a hissy fit when I said what it would take.

Quote:
Don't you sound completely reasonable. "If it isn't totally lopsided in my team's favor, no deal!"
Sorry you didn't like the answer. Too bad.

Every trade thread on this board reminds me of this scene from Game of Thrones:

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Lundsanity30

FWIW, I do think a Staal for ROR trade would work well for us in the future, just not sure what to do about next season with so many centers..

Old
07-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

Zherdev led the Rangers in scoring that year, fail to see how that didn't work out for the Rangers.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:23 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:
HF logic at its finest:

I stopped reading after "2nd pairing."

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

Staal
Powe

Ryan O'Reilly
3rd 2014
Gabriel Beaupre

Would you be interested in something like this?
I would take it, but I am sorta down on Staal and recently a bigger O'Reilly supporter.

That being said, I think it looks fair for both sides.

Richards-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-O'Reilly-Callahan
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Moore-Boyle-Pyatt

---

Staal-Hejda
Johnson-Barrie
Wilson-Sarich

Can EJ play the right side?

Old
07-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
I stopped reading after "2nd pairing."
You did it The Right Way then

Old
07-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
None of which are in Staal's universe.
Right now yes, but in the future you never know, they're all under the age of 23. (Moore, MDZ, Skjei) And haven't suffered a significant injury, let alone 2.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:26 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
I would take it, but I am sorta down on Staal and recently a bigger O'Reilly supporter.

That being said, I think it looks fair for both sides.

Richards-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-O'Reilly-Callahan
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Moore-Boyle-Pyatt

---

Staal-Hejda
Johnson-Barrie
Wilson-Sarich

Can EJ play the right side?
EJ does play the right side, and Barrie/Hejda was an excellent 2nd pairing last year for us. It would be

Staal-Johnson
Hejda-Barrie
Wilson/Sarich

Elliott ideally playing top pairing with Duncan Siemens in Lake Erie