HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marc Staal to Colorado

Old
07-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
How many games has Richards played wing in his career though? I doubt the Rangers want to try a 6.67M experiement
he has played in TBL on wing with Lecavalier IIRC.

Right now, I think that's what management may want to intend doing since he isn't fast enough to play the middle of the ice and they didn't sign a top 6 LWer. Richards to LW experiment will probably be a reality.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Zherdev led the Rangers in scoring that year, fail to see how that didn't work out for the Rangers.
Gotcha. Gomez scored 60 points for Montreal the next season while McDonagh didn't even play, must have been a good trade for them.

If the Avs moved the likes of whom some Rags fans keep asking for in this thread, we'd be the next team mounted on Sather's wall of conquests. It's ridiculous anyone seriously thinks we'd even entertain such a trade. Maybe Tampa should have moved Stamkos his rookie season to Philly like the rumors suggested, I'm sure that would have been a smart trade.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Right now yes, but in the future you never know, they're all under the age of 23. (Moore, MDZ, Skjei) And haven't suffered a significant injury, let alone 2.
MDZ could live to be 300, he'll never be as good as Staal defensively. So we're gonna hang our defense on two kids we know very little about? If Moore and Skjei don't turn out to be all-star D-men we now have a massive hole in our defense.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:33 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Gotcha. Gomez scored 60 points for Montreal the next season while McDonagh didn't even play, must have been a good trade for them.
I'll venture to say that I watch Columbus a lot more than you do thanks to Center Ice and there's NOTHING that Fedor Tyutin has done in Columbus to make me believe that he'd displace any of our defensemen in the top-4, so we'd be paying nearly 3 million for a bottom pairing guy who we would have had to deal at some point ANYWAY.

Sather won that trade. Whatever way you want to twist it, if it wasn't for Zherdev wanting a ridiculous amount of money, he'd still be in NY and Tyutin hasn't done anything worth justifying keeping him around.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Talk about it going right over your head. Not surprised though.
What could possibly have possessed me to not understand moving a good #3 defender for a streaky scoring winger that jumped to the KHL wasn't another Sather fleece? I'm so sorry. We should feel fortunate you're not asking for Duchy and Landeskog to trade Marc Orr.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:36 PM
GrindNMuck

Staal has tons of value. If the Av's wanted to take a shot at a trade for him there best suggestion could be.

Av's:

Duncan Siemens
---
PA Parenteau
--
Stefan Elliott
--
1st round pick in either 14,15
--
3rd round pick in 15.

NYR:

Marc Staal
---
Ryan Bourque

Just a suggestion, I am not posting this to start arguments. Don't bash on me cause of this.

-Colorado gets a great top 2 defensemen. And a prospect in Bourque

-NYR gets 2 young defensemen who will turn out to become great defensemen, Siemens is the Av's top D prospect. And NY gets a forward who they need on the wing.

Last edited by GrindNMuck: 07-14-2013 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling
GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
Staal has tons of value. If the Av's wanted to take a shot at a trade for him there best suggestion could be.

Av's:

Duncan Siemens
---
PA Parenteau
--
Stefan Elliott
--
--
3rd round pick in 15.

NYR:

Marc Staal
---
Ryan Bourque

Just a suggestion, I am not posting this to start arguments. Don't bash on me cause of this.

-NYR gets 2 young defensemen who will turn out to become great defensemen, Siemens is the Av's top D prospect. And NY gets a forward who they need on the wing.
Oof, we've gotten some Avs fans to agree to ROR and now we're downgrading massively to Parenteau who was already here once?

Lundsanity30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
What could possibly have possessed me to not understand moving a good #3 defender for a streaky scoring winger that jumped to the KHL wasn't another Sather fleece? I'm so sorry. We should feel fortunate you're not asking for Duchy and Landeskog to trade Marc Orr.
You should feel fortunate that the Avs and Rangers haven't traded. Talk to the Canadiens fans about it sometime.

Tyutin wouldn't be in our top 4 right now. Zherdev led the team in points. Rangers traded from a position of strength for a position of weakness.

Your logic is Led Team in Points = BAD TRADE

Makes sense....

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:39 PM
GrindNMuck

Quote:
Oof, we've gotten some Avs fans to agree to ROR and now we're downgrading massively to Parenteau who was already here once?
I am not a hardcore Av's fan. Clearly im not look at my avatar there is no Av's player in it.

And i was going to put ROR or Paul S. on there but NY doesn't need a center. They have Richards, Stepan, Brassard.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:

Av's:

Duncan Siemens
---
PA Parenteau
--
Stefan Elliott
--
--
3rd round pick in 15.

NYR:

Marc Staal
---
Ryan Bourque

This trade does nothing to help the Rangers win now. Big Pass.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:41 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:

Av's:

Duncan Siemens
---
PA Parenteau
--
Stefan Elliott
--
--
3rd round pick in 15.

NYR:

Marc Staal
---
Ryan Bourque

I wouldn't do that

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
I am not a hardcore Av's fan. Clearly im not look at my avatar there is no Av's player in it.

And i was going to put ROR or Paul S. on there but NY doesn't need a center. They have Richards, Stepan, Brassard.
I agree about the centers, but if we're getting a winger for Staal, I want more than Paranteau.

Old
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
That package is far more absurd than the one we're discussing with ROR involved.

P/G winger, two top four defenders, a first and third for an injured two year rental defender we likely wouldn't even be able to keep.

Just keep Staal, OP didn't bank on the thread spiraling into value so far outside the realm of ROR.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:42 PM
GrindNMuck

Quote:
This trade does nothing to help the Rangers win now. Big Pass.
Do you really think the Rangers are going to win the Stanley cup next year? I don't know about that. They need to not re-build but bring players in. They clearly did that bringing in Brassard, Dorsett, Etc. I don't think they have a chance for the cup next season. Siemens, And Elliot will bring them a good D. in the future. P.A P. Will bring a point producer on the wing along side Stepan, Brassard.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:43 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Just keep Staal, OP didn't bank on the thread spiraling into value so far outside the realm of ROR.
agreed

Old
07-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Just keep your wonderful Staal Ranger fans. MacKinnon? Duchene? Landeskog? Parenteau, 1st, Siemens, Elliot, 3rd? Mention of completely irrelevant trades and bragging about how the Rangers fleece everyone? Good God.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
That package is far more absurd than the one we're discussing with ROR involved.

P/G winger, two top four defenders, a first and third for an injured two year rental defender we likely wouldn't even be able to keep.

that trade does nothing at all to help the Rangers now, so even if the value is good, it does nothing to help us now.

Old
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:

So do exactly what we want to do? Thanks!

Old
07-14-2013, 11:46 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Just keep your wonderful Staal Ranger fans. MacKinnon? Duchene? Landeskog? Parenteau, 1st, Siemens, Elliot, 3rd? Mention of completely irrelevant trades and bragging about how the Rangers fleece everyone? Good God.
Thread started by Avs fan.

Old
GrindNMuck

What would be more of a fair trade? Stepan, Staal for ROR and prospect? No that's terrible. NY wont trade Stepan.

There really isn't a fair trade on either part.

-NY minus well trade Staal, bring in a couple of young guys who will be good in the future (Elliot is ready) Siemens should be soon. And get a point producing winger.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
1. It was started by an Avs fan.

2. You don't get a top pairing defensemen for scraps.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:47 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Thread started by Avs fan.
Why are you so negative? This forum is supposed to be for fun. It's not like any of these are actually going to happen.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
And get a point producing winger.
They can do that moving Del Zotto.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Do you really think the Rangers are going to win the Stanley cup next year? I don't know about that. They need to not re-build but bring players in. They clearly did that bringing in Brassard, Dorsett, Etc. I don't think they have a chance for the cup next season. Siemens, And Elliot will bring them a good D. in the future. P.A P. Will bring a point producer on the wing along side Stepan, Brassard.
Siemens and Elliot are a downgrade on Staal. We also have a Siemens-Like defender in McIlrath. PAP is too expensive. They are in their window. Doesn't matter what I think. The team is in "win now" mode and they will build that way. You're proposal was essentially for futures.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:49 PM
GrindNMuck

Quote:
1. It was started by an Avs fan.

2. You don't get a top pairing defensemen for scraps.
1. I am not an Av's fan.

2. Staal has been suffering injury's with his eye.. That's not a easy injury to recover.

3. Elliot and Siemens are not scraps, and a 1st round pick is not a scrap either.