HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Marc Staal to Colorado

Old
07-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
1. It was started by an Avs fan.

2. You don't get a top pairing defensemen for scraps.
I don't think the OP was expecting ridiculous mentions of completely unrelated trades that have no place here.

Nor do I think the OP expected the insane asking price. Keep Staal, please.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:49 PM
Lundsanity30

vCash: 500
Here's the bottom line. Marc Staal has always been considered the rock of the Rangers defense by management, and its no coincidence the Rangers D took a massive hit in the playoffs when we didn't have him. Rangers dont want to trade him unless its for seriously good value than can help Now.

Lundsanity30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
1. I am not an Av's fan.

2. Staal has been suffering injury's with his eye.. That's not a easy injury to recover.

3. Elliot and Siemens are not scraps, and a 1st round pick is not a scrap either.
We're happy to keep him, injury and all. Worth more to us then futures.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
1. I am not an Av's fan.

2. Staal has been suffering injury's with his eye.. That's not a easy injury to recover.

3. Elliot and Siemens are not scraps, and a 1st round pick is not a scrap either.
I'm not saying they are "scraps". I'm just saying you don't get a #1 defensemen for anything less than serious value.

Yes, Simmons and Elliot might not be scraps, but guess what, if its one thing the Rangers do not need, its defense.

Parenteau is really the only thing that helps the Rangers in that entire package.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:51 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I don't think the OP was expecting ridiculous mentions of completely unrelated trades that have no place here.

Thread was started by an Avs fan.

Old
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
I always thought and was told Staal was the 3rd Dman for NYR. I thought McD and Girardi were ahead of him on the depth chart.

Who's the 3rd Dman for NYR if it's not Staal?

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:

I dont think starting with ROR for Staal is an insane asking price at all.. I do agree that Mckinnon, Landeskog, and Duchene would be.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
I always thought and was told Staal was the 3rd Dman for NYR. I thought McD and Girardi were ahead of him on the depth chart.

McDonagh, arguable. Girardi absolutely not. Staal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Girardi. Anyone who says otherwise is drunk.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I dont think starting with ROR for Staal is an insane asking price at all.. I do agree that Mckinnon, Landeskog, and Duchene would be.
Something around ROR is more than fair, I never said it was not. It's some of the other names in this thread that are.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

Staal is better than either of them when he's healthy, despite how good Mcdonagh is becoming. and if you want to make a case Mcdonagh is better ok, but Staal is then our 2nd best dman behind mcdonagh, Girardi is only "ahead" of him because he plays the right side.

Old
GrindNMuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Siemens and Elliot are a downgrade on Staal. We also have a Siemens-Like defender in McIlrath. PAP is too expensive. They are in their window. Doesn't matter what I think. The team is in "win now" mode and they will build that way. You're proposal was essentially for futures.
If the Rangers were in "Win Now" mode they wouldn't of traded Dubinsky, Anisimov, Gaborik, Rupp. And they get back Brassard, Nash who have not ever been close to a Stanley Cup in there lives. They wouldn't of traded those key players who had chemistry with there team at the time to get new players for no reason.. They wanted to re-build. And now they still are.

GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Avs44

Quote:
Thread was started by an Avs fan.
How many times are you going to repeat this?

Old
07-14-2013, 11:54 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
McDonagh, arguable. Girardi absolutely not. Staal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Girardi. Anyone who says otherwise is drunk.
Alright, I guess there's no deal to be made here.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:54 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Not a fan of this thread jfish.
Not at all.

Staal is the last thing I want on this team. Will command high value (it is Sather and you see what NYR fans want..) and is one of the biggest questionmarks out there. Will he recover 100 % ?
Won't he just bolt to CAR in 2 years?

Staal is exactly who I don't want. I am fine with us not making the playoffs next year. Let our young Ds develop. Evaluate our center position and than go from there.And iIf we get offered a good young D in exchange for Stastny or ROR. Cool. Let us think about it. Otherwise just build from within..

Staal does not fit that mold for the already stated reasons.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

MacKinnon, Duchene, and Landeskog are not getting traded. O'Reilly + would be fair.

Who's up at 1am on HFBoards on a Sunday night anyway?

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
If the Rangers were in "Win Now" mode they wouldn't of traded Dubinsky, Anisimov, Gaborik, Rupp. And they get back Brassard, Nash who have not ever been close to a Stanley Cup in there lives. They wouldn't of traded those key players who had chemistry with there team at the time to get new players for no reason.. They wanted to re-build. And now they still are.
Nash by himself out produced both Dubinsky and AA combined last season, the Rangers make that trade whether they are playing to win now, rebuilding, or anything else you want to call it.

Gaborik was a cap casualty when Nash was brought in and the Rangers got an at worst 3c and a future top 4 dman in return for him, hardly a bad deal, especially with gaborik having to have surgery again. But the main reason he was traded was to keep our core together signing our RFAs

Rupp was useless.

Old
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Dubinsky and Anisimov netted us Rick Nash, who scored more goals then both players combined this year. Gaborik netted us more depth on C, D and a Prust replacement. Rupp? Lol. Nash and Brassard haven't been close to a Stanley Cup? Neither have any of those other players you mentioned except for Rupp, who can't skate anymore. They aren't rebuilding. Let me just lay it out for you - you don't know thing 1 about the Rangers. Worry about your own team.

Old
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Not a fan of this thread jfish.
Not at all.

Staal is the last thing I want on this team. Will command high value (it is Sather and you see what NYR fans want..) and is one of the biggest questionmarks out there. Will he recover 100 % ?
Won't he just bolt to CAR in 2 years?

Staal is exactly who I don't want. I am fine with us not making the playoffs next year. Let our young Ds develop. Evaluate our center position and than go from there. If we get offered a good young D in exchange for Stastny or ROR we would have to think about it.
Staal does not fit that mold for the already stated reasons.
You do realize that this trade would happen, at the earliest, at the trade deadline when ROR can be traded? Plenty of time to see our young D be terrible. Plenty of time to change your mind if Staal doesn't play like himself.

And uh, Staal is a perfect fit.

He's 26, he's a lefty, and he's a legit, top-pairing shutdown Dman. Exactly the thing we're missing.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
MDZ could live to be 300, he'll never be as good as Staal defensively. So we're gonna hang our defense on two kids we know very little about? If Moore and Skjei don't turn out to be all-star D-men we now have a massive hole in our defense.
The Rangers the past two seasons played in roughly 49% of regular season games without Marc Staal in the lineup. To say they can't survive without him is wrong imo, especially when a younger defender (MDZ) did manage to hold his ground and was by far the better regular season defenseman in 2011-12 season. If these kids are as good as advertised, then it makes quintessential sense to trade an expiring contract to fulfill a position of need.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
How many times are you going to repeat this?
Until you get it through your head.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:59 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
You do realize that this trade would happen, at the earliest, at the trade deadline when ROR can be traded? Plenty of time to see our young D be terrible. Plenty of time to change your mind if Staal doesn't play like himself.

Well your OP states nothing about ROR. Right?
He just was brought up in here.
And hell no I would not trade ROR for Staal at all.
Never ever. Even if he recovers. Not giving up ROR for 1.5 years of a somewhat recovered Staal.
I would sell off ROR if Stastny can be retained at a reasonable rate.
Staal woul be way down on my list though. Even if the value "might" be ok....

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
You're adding absolutely nothing to this thread other than negativity.

We get that you don't want to trade Staal.

Old
Avs44

Quote:
Typical response. Expected something like this. Carry on posting the same useless thing if you want. You can even make it easy on yourself and just copy and paste.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:

Ryan McDonagh has been quite clearly the more important defenseman on the Rangers roster the past two seasons, Marc Staal will always play behind him from now on IMO. Girardi and Staal aren't really in the equation since they play on different sides of a defense pairing. It's like comparing a C to a LWer when comparing relative players on a depth chart.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 12:00 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Well your OP states nothing about ROR. Right?
He just was brought up in here.
And hell no I would not trade ROR for Staal at all.
Never ever. Even if he recovers. Not giving up ROR for 1.5 years of a somewhat recovered Staal.
I would sell off ROR if Stastny can be retained at a reasonable rate.
Staal woul be way down on my list though. Even if the value "might" be ok....
Okay, maybe this isn't the thread for you then

especially because those are some of the only bargaining chips we even have