HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kyle Clifford to Edmonton

Old
07-15-2013, 02:32 AM
DontgoZiggy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Understandable. I don't know how many of my fellow Oiler fans would do two seconds, but I would. I'm a big Clifford fan and he is exactly what we need. Problem is we just traded away our second.
He would fit in well, protect the skilled kids over there. I'd like to see him get more minutes here. He has cut back his fighting a bit. He got tagged pretty good by Reaves which might have upset his mojo. He's a good young player with a bit of potential.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:51 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
LA's only need is a second line left wing.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:06 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
A skilled 2nd lw that makes around 2 million hmmm dont see one on ur roster.

We traded 2 2nd round picks in 14 and 15 so i think la wouldnt mind replaceing them. thats about all la really needs.
Picks would work, that's the only thing that might help your cause.

Quote:
Hmmm i just remembered you drafted Darnell Nurse someone i really like would edmonton consider something like nurse and 2nd for clifford and nolan?
No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
LA's only need is a second line left wing.
The only 2nd line talent that we could spare would be Hemsky and he's a RW and has a hefty price tag attached to him to boot.

07-15-2013, 04:10 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

2nd pairing defensive d man + 2nd rnd

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:21 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
2nd pairing defensive d man + 2nd rnd
Nick Schultz with $2 million of his salary retained by us and our 2015 2nd work for you?

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:26 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Nick Schultz with $2 million of his salary retained by us and our 2015 2nd work for you?
I was thinking smid.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:41 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Kings biggest weakness is on the left wing and have little cap space.

Clifford is a left wing. He won't be expensive.

Kings won't be able to afford a proven 2nd line left wing, and there's no reason for Edmonton to trade away a cheap upgrade for a 3rd line left wing.

As I said in another thread hoping to get Clifford, the Kings don't have a player in the pipeline to replace the utility of Clifford. So... what incentive is there for the Kings to do it, especially if they can't afford it?

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:53 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

We could technically sign Clifford to a good contract and go over the cap, then trade him. I think if we signed him to a good contract, we could get a better return. But it's risky.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 05:09 AM
Phenomenon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
We could technically sign Clifford to a good contract and go over the cap, then trade him. I think if we signed him to a good contract, we could get a better return. But it's risky.
Nah, You'd be pretty screwed going over the cap. Every team would know you want to shed money and it would be used as leverage against u. This would force the value down.

Phenomenon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 06:57 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon13 View Post
Nah, You'd be pretty screwed going over the cap. Every team would know you want to shed money and it would be used as leverage against u. This would force the value down.
That is why I said it's risky, but if the contract is very good and the value is there I still think it could be pulled. But I agree, it's very risky.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
That wont happen.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Mats26
Cup Champs

King or Nolan would be traded before Clifford, we need Clifford's size for our 3rd-4th line. Losing Penner on the LW makes Clifford more importanat to our team identity Like someone said we don't have a replacement yet for him.

on LW we would have Brown and Clifford then Frattin,Toffoli, Pearson, Andreoff will all have a shot for spots on LW.

Would Edmonton take King or Nolan?

Mats26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Kings4thecup

The Kings really have $3.7 M+ of cap space for the 3 players. One of Ellerby or Schultz will be shuttled to Manchester and their cap hit is gone until recalled(if ever).

Kings4thecup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:13 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Some of us are really looking for ANOTHER D MAN? We have 9 NHL D already. Not to mention Forbort and Des in the AHL. D is something we simply haven't any need at all in obtaining.

If we dealt Clifford which we won't likely do it would at this point have to be for picks/prospects.

I would dangle (begrudgingly) Nolan instead. He is a big tough smart hard hitting player who just needs more ice time to become a stalwart bottom 6er. He also has O skills that he hasn't really been able to showcase yet.

I cant see us moving Clifford.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:33 AM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 1360
What, no "start with one of the big 5" posts?

OneMoreAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Face Wash

Clifford/Kings Prediction

I anticipate the Kings carrying 13 Forwards and 8 defensemen...I think Schultz or Ellerby will be waived to Manch (barring injury and no waiver claim) and the Kings will have just over $300K in cap space at the start of the season unless Mitchell stays on LTIR or AMart or Muzzin are traded for prospects/picks.

Clifford won't be dealt. If there's one guy they've rushed to the NHL in all these years it's him and they're not going to give up on him now (and they shouldn't). Him and King are the only natural LWs on the team and he's epitomizes the team's identity. Add in Lombardi's love of continuity in his lineup, plus he's the youngest established regular on a cup winning/contending team, why would he want to leave? He'll get around $1.3M AAV is my guess on a 2-Year deal.

I also predict The Dingo will go luchador at the Dodger Stadium Game and will be found selling Kings ponchos in Elysian Park before puck drop.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Hmmm i just remembered you drafted Darnell Nurse someone i really like would edmonton consider something like nurse and 2nd for clifford and nolan?
Hell no.

Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:31 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
I was thinking smid.
I would be interested to hear some neutral fans assess your proposal... Smid + 2nd for Clifford.

To me it is pretty insulting for a guy emerging as one of the top shutdown guys in the league. Arguably already a #2dman, but certainly a #3 even on a good team.

I don't see the offensive upside in Clifford to justify trading Smid.

2x2nds is a bit of an overpayment, but we need to improve now and he fits a need. (3rd line physical winger who can push play into the offensive zone and keep it there... even if it doesn't lead directly to any offense)

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
I anticipate the Kings carrying 13 Forwards and 8 defensemen...I think Schultz or Ellerby will be waived to Manch (barring injury and no waiver claim) and the Kings will have just over $300K in cap space at the start of the season unless Mitchell stays on LTIR or AMart or Muzzin are traded for prospects/picks.

Clifford won't be dealt. If there's one guy they've rushed to the NHL in all these years it's him and they're not going to give up on him now (and they shouldn't). Him and King are the only natural LWs on the team and he's epitomizes the team's identity. Add in Lombardi's love of continuity in his lineup, plus he's the youngest established regular on a cup winning/contending team, why would he want to leave? He'll get around $1.3M AAV is my guess on a 2-Year deal.

I also predict The Dingo will go luchador at the Dodger Stadium Game and will be found selling Kings ponchos in Elysian Park before puck drop.
Print out this post and bring it with you for a 10% discount!

Last edited by Bad Will Hunting: 07-15-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:38 AM
bucks_oil

Quote:
You really think you are going to get the recent #7 overall AND a 2nd for a 3rd line LW and a 4th line C?

You honestly think that's fair value?

Old
07-15-2013, 11:43 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Dwight King for 3rd rounder

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:44 AM
bucks_oil

Anyway... bringing it back to reality. I'd do a 2nd + a prospect not named Klefbom, Nurse, Marincin.

I recognize LA would rather keep Clifford, so the above offer is only made in a context where my fall back is an offer sheet that I'd already discussed with his agent.

There are numbers in the 2nd-pick comp range that I'm sure would cause LA heartburn.

I simply need to trade the above unnamed prospect to StL to get my 2nd back. It's not that complicated and it certainly puts a tidy cap on what I'd be willing to offer LA.

Old
07-15-2013, 11:47 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Some of us are really looking for ANOTHER D MAN? We have 9 NHL D already. Not to mention Forbort and Des in the AHL. D is something we simply haven't any need at all in obtaining.

If we dealt Clifford which we won't likely do it would at this point have to be for picks/prospects.

I would dangle (begrudgingly) Nolan instead. He is a big tough smart hard hitting player who just needs more ice time to become a stalwart bottom 6er. He also has O skills that he hasn't really been able to showcase yet.

I cant see us moving Clifford.
I really didn't think the oilers would part with nurse. I was just counter proposing but should they have bit I think Nurse's ceiling of top pairing defenseman would be something we couldnt turn down. We could develop him proberly and have him ready in 3 4 years. I think we can never have enuff defense in the pipeline. The oiler didnt have the 2 seconds. I don't want to sell clifford cheap and that was the closest i could see us /me parting with him.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:56 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
I would be interested to hear some neutral fans assess your proposal... Smid + 2nd for Clifford.

To me it is pretty insulting for a guy emerging as one of the top shutdown guys in the league. Arguably already a #2dman, but certainly a #3 even on a good team.

I don't see the offensive upside in Clifford to justify trading Smid.

2x2nds is a bit of an overpayment, but we need to improve now and he fits a need. (3rd line physical winger who can push play into the offensive zone and keep it there... even if it doesn't lead directly to any offense)
you may not but some king fans like myself do. As facewash said he was rushed to the nhl and still has alot of upside. He plays the amoung the least min. on the kings without any pp time. He imo will top out at 2nd line winger with 15-20 goal 25 -30 point player in a few years. He will only get better/ Hes still young (20) Oilers are coming to the kings to get him not the other way around. Hes loved by king fans and management . This kid is the first to practises and last off the ice. He was only held back cause we bounced him up and down the lineup with more min and leaving him be on a line would increase his offensive numbers. So his worth to la is huge compared to his precived value.

Old
07-15-2013, 12:06 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
You really think you are going to get the recent #7 overall AND a 2nd for a 3rd line LW and a 4th line C?

You honestly think that's fair value?
Show me where i said it was fair value in order for a divisional opponet to get red dog they would have to over pay. Should we be in postion to trade him. It would take a overpayment to get him from all our divisional oppenets. Van compared him to zack Kassian and tryed to trade for him before getting zack. Again to me Kyle is more then a 3rd lw He already bounces up to play 1st 2nd spot duty. He s one of the few phyical bottom players for la. Hes loved by fans and management alike. We arrent looking to trade him. As for Nolan he is playing rw and according to some king fans he hasnt tap his potential of offense so hes still young and may even make a decent 3rd rw He also plays center and lw. He would make a good 13th forward at worse. Also a stand up for everyone team mate. Also why not start a negotion high and then setttle for less. Its a standard negotion tatic.