HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kyle Clifford to Edmonton

Old
07-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Is this a offer from the sabres or just a statement im not sure?

its a statement.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
LA's only need is a second line left wing.
Vanek at 50% is available---by the way he also plays LW.

Old
07-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Kingspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
While that is a possibility and there are some valuable targets out there (RNH, J Shultz, Petry) there are two problems with that idea.

1. LA doesn't have its 2nd round pick so that limits the options available for what LA can sign a player to.
2. LA won't have the room to sign these players to a contract that without losing some of its key members like Brown or Greene.
Do the oilers have theirs this year? One poster claimed the oilers are capable of trading to get theirs back, are the Kings not able to do that?

Like I said earlier, why bother? There are other player that could fill the same role without all the complications of trading within the division or offersheeting, instead of a player that we don't want to let go.

We'll have to see how much the cap goes up next year before we can eliminate the idea of the kings handing out offersheets. I wouldn't rule it out though, even if its to drive up the price for a player that you'd eventually sign. Lombardi has said in the past (a long time ago, when we werent up against the cap) that he would match incoming offersheets and target the other teams players. Whether that is just bravado, who knows.

Kingspiracy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:35 PM
ZeroPT*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Unless there is a huge cap dump I don't see how we could get them Vanek.

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:35 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I ll get back to u on that closer to the deadline when we might be able to afford him

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
Unless there is a huge cap dump I don't see how we could get them Vanek.
You have one ...Willie Mitchell. mitchell= Vanek at 50%. But of course buffalo will be wanting other compensation as well.

Old
07-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
You have one ...Willie Mitchell. mitchell= Vanek at 50%. But of course buffalo will be wanting other compensation as well.
Yeah, not happening. We're not going to create another hole just to acquire a player that we can't afford.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:47 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
This may surprize u but i think most king fans would rather have willie mitchell then vanek even at 50 % Willie was the missing ingredent to most fans that would have made us go farther in the playoffs.

Old
07-15-2013, 01:57 PM
CNS
A World Alone

First thing first, Oiler fans - we don't have a cap issue signing all 3 of Lewis, Clifford, and Nolan. After Alec, we have $3.1M in cap space. But we also MUST clear a defenseman and our cheapest one would open up $700K in space. That means we have $3.8M to sign a 3rd liner and two 4th liners. Nolan will make very little and the other 2 won't be that expensive, we would think. So cap space is not going to be the reason we trade Clifford. Just wanted that established.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Dwight King for 3rd rounder
This is a deal I would probably do because it would allow Pearson to play on the 2nd line, Frattin the 3rd, and Clifford the 4th. But it'd probably have to come near the end of training camp at the earliest once Pearson can prove he deserves that role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
probably LAs 3rd with a condition on the 1st (top 5 or 10 protected)?
Clifford for a 1st is something the Kings would certainly think about. The + with Clifford would definitely matter though.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Djp

Quote:
This may surprize u but i think most king fans would rather have willie mitchell then vanek even at 50 % Willie was the missing ingredent to most fans that would have made us go farther in the playoffs.
How far did LA go and who did they lose to? Dont think having Mitchell would have changed anything.

Old
07-15-2013, 02:10 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
How far did LA go and who did they lose to? Dont think having Mitchell would have changed anything.
I don't agree with King a lot...but I do here. While Vanek would be an AMAZING addition, it'd have to be at like 90% retained and we know that's not happening. Willie truly is that important to us. Mitchell absolutely would have helped us. He's an integral part of our defense. He's an absolute rock and is pretty underrated. His game seems to have stepped up since he came to LA and we're all ecstatic to have him back.

Old
07-15-2013, 02:15 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Mitchell was one of if not the best king defenseman in the stanley cup run. Many fans think he would have made our defense alot better this year. Which would have tighten up the defense in the playoffs making us win with less goal being scored against us. If our goal against went down we also wouldnt need as many goals scored to win. Hense us going further in the playoffs. I honestly think if a healthy mitchell was playing (hell a healthy stoll drew kopiter etc )the black hawk series would have been alot closer. Also it would have eased mins on the rest of the defense. Mitchell was missed on the pk an 5 on 5 for sure.

Old
07-15-2013, 02:19 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I don't agree with King a lot...but I do here. While Vanek would be an AMAZING addition, it'd have to be at like 90% retained and we know that's not happening. Willie truly is that important to us. Mitchell absolutely would have helped us. He's an integral part of our defense. He's an absolute rock and is pretty underrated. His game seems to have stepped up since he came to LA and we're all ecstatic to have him back.
at you not agreeing with me a lot .... thinking this maybe a first not that it really matters we both have our views on how we should deal with situations but we both want to make the kings a better team. In the long run this is all that matters.

Old
07-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
You don't think having our best stay at home defenseman back in the lineup would have made any difference? Watch footage of the 2012 Kings defense vs 2013 and tell me Mitchell wouldn't have made a difference.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
LA's only need is a second line left wing.
why that ??????

right now it looks like

Williams - Kopitar - Brown
Frattin/Toffoli - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Frattin/Toffoli
Clifford - Lewis - Nolan

i really don't see any reason to trade Clifford away except a huge opverpaiment.

Mitchell will retire and the left over RFA's will sign for cheap.
Penner's 3.5 mill are off the table.

Why people talking about Kings in cap trouble is far beyond me.

We just have zero interest in trading Clifford even for your young
top players because we can't afford them this season

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:33 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
why that ??????

right now it looks like

Williams - Kopitar - Brown
Frattin/Toffoli - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Frattin/Toffoli
Clifford - Lewis - Nolan

i really don't see any reason to trade Clifford away except a huge opverpaiment.

Mitchell will retire and the left over RFA's will sign for cheap.
Penner's 3.5 mill are off the table.

Why people talking about Kings in cap trouble is far beyond me.

We just have zero interest in trading Clifford even for your young
top players because we can't afford them this season
Kurri being Kurri. You think Mitchell RETIRES? Have you missed the fact that Dean has said at least twice on record that Willie looks to be 100% healthy? And even with Mitchell, we'll have no problem icing a team. And a good one at that.

Old
07-15-2013, 02:47 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Dean has stated that the lockout hurts the developement of players like clifford He also said has potential that he hasnt tap yet. To me this is high praise on a player. He is highly regaurded in our organization. Yes I maybe emotional when it comes to re dog hes one of my favourites on the kings. If you look at some of the other comments on him at least im willing to talk about tradeing him most other will give you a flat out no. My 2 2nds value to tradeing him is closer value then you may think but as i said it would take a over payment to get him. The nurse + 2nd for nolan and clifford was made at 2 30 am and maybe a bit much but it was a offer that could have been countered. Even a few olier fans stated it would take overpayment. The oridgnal propsal asked what it would take and to me this is what it would take. I honestly don't see clifford being traded to a divsional oppent without it being a over payment. King Nolan Martinez would be traded before clifford.
We agree that 2x2nds would get it done and would be an overpayment. I expect 2nd + [prospect equivalent to a 2nd] would also get it done, subject to DL's interest in Edmontons prospect pool.

No problem on your 2AM Nurse comment... thought it was a case of "5mins after drafting Nurse < 7thO.A." that happens around HF so often. And yeah... we wouldn't counter any offer that had Nurse included with Clifford the centerpiece.

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:55 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
You can trade picks acquired from other teams.

When it comes to offer sheet compensation picks---those come from the team that signed the player unless some other compensation can be done.

Hypothetically say Calgary offer sheeted Pietrangelo a high contract and St Louis took the picks instead. Calgary could have negotiated with them and said instead of giving you are 4 1st rounders over the next 4 years they would instead offer STL all their 3 first this past year+ player/picks (not 1sts)
Is this now possible? How would it work in practice?

I mean how can team X accept the prescribed minimum draft picks if team Y no longer has those picks to give?

I suppose you negotiate during the 7 day window? Team X says "i'll match unless you give me A, B and C," which presumably would be higher than team Y was prescribed to give? Team Y would be over the barrel... though I suppose at some point, Team X would feel the pinch of the $$$ attached to the offer sheet.

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:56 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
We agree that 2x2nds would get it done and would be an overpayment. I expect 2nd + [prospect equivalent to a 2nd] would also get it done, subject to DL's interest in Edmontons prospect pool.

No problem on your 2AM Nurse comment... thought it was a case of "5mins after drafting Nurse < 7thO.A." that happens around HF so often. And yeah... we wouldn't counter any offer that had Nurse included with Clifford the centerpiece.
Like i say I personally don't see dean interested in any of ur prospects I could be wrong but Dean like to draft for his own needs and we re pretty much stacked in everything in propects coming. This is not ment to insult ur players more to state how good we have been drafting.

I was trying to find something on ur roster that Dean maybe interested in. Nurse would do it as Dean loves high end defenseman.As stated before i didnt see you biting on the offer but had to try just in case. I just dont see a way to do a trade in this case. It will be alot harder to trade with edmonton then in the past as you are now divisonal oppenets and the hate will be developed more now cause we play more often.

Old
07-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Reclamation Project
Out Ta Get Me

To everyone proposing anything with "Ryan Smyth" in it: I've never wanted to reach through a computer monitor and punch someone as much as I do right now

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 07:24 PM
LiquidSnake

Hansen for Clifford?

Bueller?

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 07:54 PM
ZeroPT*

vCash: 50
What would kings fans want for King? a 3rd/4th?

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
What would kings fans want for King? a 3rd/4th?
At the moment the Kings need all the cheap role players they can have. No thanks.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:06 PM
KingKopitar11*

Interesting. I'm kind of surprised. If Willie Mitchells fully healthy and his pain Is gone. I'm wondering if DL would trade him while he can for Vanek. As awesome as Mitchell is, he is old. Trade him a year earlyiinstead of a year late. I don't know just speculating though.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:24 PM
Reclamation Project
Out Ta Get Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Interesting. I'm kind of surprised. If Willie Mitchells fully healthy and his pain Is gone. I'm wondering if DL would trade him while he can for Vanek. As awesome as Mitchell is, he is old. Trade him a year earlyiinstead of a year late. I don't know just speculating though.
Our defense would get MUCH worse, we'd lose a lot of good reputation we've built recently, and we'd have to give up a LOT more for him. No thanks at all.

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote