HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kyle Clifford to Edmonton

Old
07-15-2013, 11:31 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Interesting. I'm kind of surprised. If Willie Mitchells fully healthy and his pain Is gone. I'm wondering if DL would trade him while he can for Vanek. As awesome as Mitchell is, he is old. Trade him a year earlyiinstead of a year late. I don't know just speculating though.
Let me get this straight.

We lost Rob Scuderi.

Willie Mitchell, who is BETTER than Rob, is back and healthy.

We're a defense first team.

And you want to trade our best defensive defenseman for...scoring? Sorry. We're Flyers west, not Flyers east. Not happening. Willie will retire a King. With a ring. Or three.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:31 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Like i say I personally don't see dean interested in any of ur prospects I could be wrong but Dean like to draft for his own needs and we re pretty much stacked in everything in propects coming. This is not ment to insult ur players more to state how good we have been drafting.

I was trying to find something on ur roster that Dean maybe interested in. Nurse would do it as Dean loves high end defenseman.As stated before i didnt see you biting on the offer but had to try just in case. I just dont see a way to do a trade in this case. It will be alot harder to trade with edmonton then in the past as you are now divisonal oppenets and the hate will be developed more now cause we play more often.
I would absolutely love for you to give a personal scout report of your prospects, where you expect them to develop (1st line RW, 3rd C, etc), and who you'd compare them to.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:34 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post

We lost Rob Scuderi.

And you want to trade our best defensive defenseman for...scoring? Sorry. We're Flyers west, not Flyers east. Not happening. Willie will retire a King. With a ring. Or three.
Has something changed?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=664020
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...n-kings-plans/

Old
07-15-2013, 11:37 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Quote:
Kurri being Kurri. You think Mitchell RETIRES? Have you missed the fact that Dean has said at least twice on record that Willie looks to be 100% healthy? And even with Mitchell, we'll have no problem icing a team. And a good one at that.
Quote from this thread, not far back from your post at all. Yes. It absolutely has. Read.

Old
07-15-2013, 11:37 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:

We lost Rob Scuderi.

So let me get this straight, a 36 year old who just missed a year from an injury doesn't scare you at all? He's amazing, but he is going to decline. And who knows at what rate of speed? Missing a season at 36. That's not really comforting.

He's a great defenseman but you have to think long term and not short term.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:38 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Quote from this thread, not far back from your post at all. Yes. It absolutely has. Read.
I prefer factual reports, thanks.

Old
07-15-2013, 11:42 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
So Dean Lombardi ISN'T a factual report? Him ON THE RECORD stating that Willie is healthy isn't good enough? Oh. Well he did it twice. Just for you. But no. That's not a factual report. You're welcome.

Quote:
So let me get this straight, a 36 year old who just missed a year from an injury doesn't scare you at all? He's amazing, but he is going to decline. And who knows at what rate of speed? Missing a season at 36. That's not really comforting.

He's a great defenseman but you have to think long term and not short term.
Nope. I 100% trust Dean and our training staff and they both think Willie will be just fine. Remember that one time he had a really bad concussion, missed half a season, and then signed in LA and was our best defensive defenseman? I won't doubt Willie.

Long term? Kevin Gravel. I have never been so excited for a defensive defenseman prospect. I will continue to pump his tires until he lands in LA and is slotted next to Drew or Slava.

Old
07-15-2013, 11:48 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Here you go.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/07/lomba...ny-defensemen/

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:49 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Interesting. I'm kind of surprised. If Willie Mitchells fully healthy and his pain Is gone. I'm wondering if DL would trade him while he can for Vanek. As awesome as Mitchell is, he is old. Trade him a year earlyiinstead of a year late. I don't know just speculating though.
We went from 3rd in the league defensively to 10 without willie and matt playing most of the year. Willie would not be traded imo we need him to take the number one shutdown defenseman role.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:50 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
So Dean Lombardi ISN'T a factual report? Him ON THE RECORD stating that Willie is healthy isn't good enough? Oh. Well he did it twice. Just for you. But no. That's not a factual report. You're welcome.

Nope. I 100% trust Dean and our training staff and they both think Willie will be just fine. Remember that one time he had a really bad concussion, missed half a season, and then signed in LA and was our best defensive defenseman? I won't doubt Willie.

Long term? Kevin Gravel. I have never been so excited for a defensive defenseman prospect. I will continue to pump his tires until he lands in LA and is slotted next to Drew or Slava.
Kind of too early to be banking on Gravel and praying he turns into WM. But if thats what you want to think.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:52 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Uh, you quoted yourself. Definitely NOT factual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Thanks. Looks like they're hopeful, but it's far from a sure thing.

Old
07-15-2013, 11:54 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I would absolutely love for you to give a personal scout report of your prospects, where you expect them to develop (1st line RW, 3rd C, etc), and who you'd compare them to.
Well im not the best person for this type of thing I would respectfully bow to tonnelliesghost who is a professional scout but if u want to give me a list of all the prospects ur curious about i'll give you my opinion. We have alot of propects for each postion So i dont see me doing 50 reports lol

Old
07-15-2013, 11:58 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Kind of too early to be banking on Gravel and praying he turns into WM. But if thats what you want to think.
You do realize that every prospect is a risk? But Gravel is the best defensive prospect in our entire system. Yes, he's better than Forbort. And it is what I want to think because I've seen Kevin play probably infinitely more than you have and his play is the reason why I'm so high on him.

Quote:
We went from 3rd in the league defensively to 10 without willie and matt playing most of the year. Willie would not be traded imo we need him to take the number one shutdown defenseman role.
Exactly. Except from Dean's comments he said something about getting Willie back with Slava. Obviously it's up to Sutter and pairings can change but I'd expect Drew and Robyn to start the year and Slava and Willie together. But Willie will be an integral part of our PK for sure.

Old
07-16-2013, 12:00 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Uh, you quoted yourself. Definitely NOT factual.

Thanks. Looks like they're hopeful, but it's far from a sure thing.
Yeah, definitely not a sure thing, but definitely more optimistic than previous. If anything, Lombardi may be even downplaying it a bit.

Old
07-16-2013, 12:03 AM
GrindNMuck

Not a chance Cliffy leaves LA. Dean, and the LA organization love the way Kyle plays. Since Penner is not coming back. Clifford will get more ice team, and stick with one line. They need his big body, grit, and strength in the lineup.

-If they want to move players from there bottom 6 forwards to start bringing in those NHL ready AHL players like Pearson, Toffoli, Vey. Etc. They should get rid of Frazer, Lewis, Nolan. Before they get rid of Cliffy.

GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:07 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
You do realize that every prospect is a risk? But Gravel is the best defensive prospect in our entire system. Yes, he's better than Forbort. And it is what I want to think because I've seen Kevin play probably infinitely more than you have and his play is the reason why I'm so high on him.

Exactly. Except from Dean's comments he said something about getting Willie back with Slava. Obviously it's up to Sutter and pairings can change but I'd expect Drew and Robyn to start the year and Slava and Willie together. But Willie will be an integral part of our PK for sure.
wow this is twice in one day we agreed * looks outside for the full moon or pig flying

Old
07-16-2013, 12:12 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
Not a chance Cliffy leaves LA. Dean, and the LA organization love the way Kyle plays. Since Penner is not coming back. Clifford will get more ice team, and stick with one line. They need his big body, grit, and strength in the lineup.

-If they want to move players from there bottom 6 forwards to start bringing in those NHL ready AHL players like Pearson, Toffoli, Vey. Etc. They should get rid of Frazer, Lewis, Nolan. Before they get rid of Cliffy.
Lombardi, the organization, and all the fans also LOVED Wayne Simmonds, and we all know what happened to him. And believe me, Clifford is no Wayne Simmonds.

Old
07-16-2013, 12:16 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Lombardi, the organization, and all the fans also LOVED Wayne Simmonds, and we all know what happened to him. And believe me, Clifford is no Wayne Simmonds.
I think the partying with Drew rumours spelled the end to Simmonds Clifford doesn't have them rumours ( at least as far as i ve heard)

Old
07-16-2013, 12:19 AM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Is this now possible? How would it work in practice?

I mean how can team X accept the prescribed minimum draft picks if team Y no longer has those picks to give?

I suppose you negotiate during the 7 day window? Team X says "i'll match unless you give me A, B and C," which presumably would be higher than team Y was prescribed to give? Team Y would be over the barrel... though I suppose at some point, Team X would feel the pinch of the $$$ attached to the offer sheet.
Philly was doing this during the 7 day window before Nashville matched the offer for Weber. the offered Nashville a set of players and picks instead of the 4 1sts as an alternate option tot he 4 1sts.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:23 AM
GrindNMuck

Quote:
Clifford has no rumors on him. The rumors are only coming from on here because it's just a bunch of dreamers. Cliffy is not leaving. His contract wont even be expensive for the Kings to sign him. 2-3 years 1.5 million dollars.

GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:25 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I think the partying with Drew rumours spelled the end to Simmonds Clifford doesn't have them rumours ( at least as far as i ve heard)
Lombardi's not going to base his trade philosophy on some silly rumors.

Old
07-16-2013, 12:27 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
Clifford has no rumors on him. The rumors are only coming from on here because it's just a bunch of dreamers. Cliffy is not leaving. His contract wont even be expensive for the Kings to sign him. 2-3 years 1.5 million dollars.
There weren't any trade rumors about Simmonds either. Believe it or not, not all trades are preceded by a rumor. If anything, very few rumors actually come true.

Old
07-16-2013, 12:30 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Lombardi's not going to base his trade philosophy on some silly rumors.
Or Dean knew the rumours were true and traded him to try and keep drew away from his influenece each is just as possible imo this is why i dont see clifford being traded no offense to simmonds but he doesnt have cliffords work ethic. ie first to practise last to leave sorta thing.

Old
07-16-2013, 12:31 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
If Jordan Nolan is cheaper than King or Clifford we should just acquire him. We can't depend on Brown 24/7.

Jordan Nolan looked good in a few fights.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:33 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Or Dean knew the rumours were true and traded him to try and keep drew away from his influenece each is just as possible imo this is why i dont see clifford being traded no offense to simmonds but he doesnt have cliffords work ethic. ie first to practise last to leave sorta thing.
And how about the rumors of Richards partying and being a cancer in the locker rooms??? Believe me, DL and most GMs aren't going to believe in this sort of nonsense.