HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor Edm

Old
07-15-2013, 07:23 PM
oil4life14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by officialmark7 View Post
Oilers fan say they don't want Phaneuf, yet he is constantly in all of their trade proposals. The closest I see to a deal being done is Phaneuf and a 1st for RNH, but we all know how Edmonton fans feel about that. I really think after this season Phaneuf will take a paycut, and perhaps play for 5.5 - 6 per on a 8 year deal in TO.
Actually there are three Phaneuf to edm proposals and looks to me as two of them started by leafs fans. Toronto can keep helmet head and the oil can keep their up and coming stars!

oil4life14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 07:38 PM
EscapeGoat
We The North

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil4life14 View Post
Actually there are three Phaneuf to edm proposals and looks to me as two of them started by leafs fans. Toronto can keep helmet head and the oil can keep their up and coming stars!
Yep, both fan bases are happy that way. We keep our #1D and you guys keep accumulating lottery picks.

EscapeGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 07:47 PM
oil4life14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeGoat View Post
Yep, both fan bases are happy that way. We keep our #1D and you guys keep accumulating lottery picks.
Sure we keep our #1C and u guys look somewhere else

oil4life14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 07:57 PM
belair

This is probably one of those threads that someone bumps three years down the road to make the OP and Leaf fans in general look very, very, (very) bad.

I know it's all based on potential right now, but I have a gut feeling that Nugent-Hopkins makes Kadri look like a plug in comparison to him in his prime.

And with all of the current Phaneuf rumors, his value is being greatly exaggerated at the moment.

Last edited by Nuckles: 07-17-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary comment
belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:38 PM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by officialmark7 View Post
Ganger better than Kadri, Nuge a Top 5 C?

Someone must be working to long in the oil sands.
You conveniently left out the part where he said "one day". Most Oil fans see him in that light. It may not come to pass but that is how we value him.
As for working in the oil sands we are happy here in AB to have more jobs than we can use

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:16 PM
KesseltoLupul

Kadri > Gagner

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:53 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil4life14 View Post
Sure we keep our #1C and u guys look somewhere else
Gagner significantly outperformed Nugent-Hopkins last year? I know the Oil don't have a true 1C, but isn't it Sam's job to lose? He earned it with his play?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
You conveniently left out the part where he said "one day". Most Oil fans see him in that light. It may not come to pass but that is how we value him.
As for working in the oil sands we are happy here in AB to have more jobs than we can use
Conveniently. It's not like it hasn't been said before though?

That poor kid has some pretty lofty expectations placed upon him. It's unfortunate.

Oh, and don't you ever wonder why those jobs aren't filled? Why Alberta runs ads on tv, trying to sell people on why they should move there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesseltoLupul View Post
Kadri > Gagner
Shhhh, logic isn't welcome here... Haven't you read the thread?

Last edited by sparxx87: 07-15-2013 at 11:00 PM.
sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:07 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Gagner significantly outperformed Nugent-Hopkins last year? I know the Oil don't have a true 1C, but isn't it Sam's job to lose? He earned it with his play?

Conveniently. It's not like it hasn't been said before though?

That poor kid has some pretty lofty expectations placed upon him. It's unfortunate.

Shhhh, logic isn't welcome here... Haven't you read the thread?
You do realize he just had his shoulder rebuilt this summer because it's been injured since he was drafted, right?

And lofty expectations are what should be expected for a 1st overall pick.

He's barely 20 and he's already the best two-way centre the Oilers have seen in their silks since Horcoff was in his prime. Not to mention his offensive numbers are hardly disappointing while unfortunately being marred by injuries this early in his career.

52p in 62gp
24p in 40gp *played injured

Do a poll in the Oilers forum. No one is worried about him not living up to expectations. And no one thinks he's worse than Gagner.

Old
07-15-2013, 11:24 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Grabovski > Kadri

Giroux < Kadri

If you're even mentioning elite talent like Ryan Nugent-Hopkins you're throwing in Morgan Rielly + Joe Colborne

Gardiner or Franson won't work for RNH. He's elite.

Colborne > Bozak

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:32 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
You do realize he just had his shoulder rebuilt this summer because it's been injured since he was drafted, right?

And lofty expectations are what should be expected for a 1st overall pick.

He's barely 20 and he's already the best two-way centre the Oilers have seen in their silks since Horcoff was in his prime. Not to mention his offensive numbers are hardly disappointing while unfortunately being marred by injuries this early in his career.

52p in 62gp
24p in 40gp *played injured

Do a poll in the Oilers forum. No one is worried about him not living up to expectations. And no one thinks he's worse than Gagner.
Yes, I'm aware the Oilers had him, and Hall play with shoulder problems over the past few years... Well done gentleman!

Lofty expectations to an extent, yes.. But top 5 centre means he'll surpass one of Datsyuk, Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Giroux etc.

Personally, I think that's unrealistic to expect. Hope for? Yes, absolutely. Expect? No. It's certainly possible, although I don't know how likely..

I don't think he's 'worse' then Gagner... I think Gagner outperformed him last year, and until Nuge takes it back, that's Sam's job... Accountability works for good and bad. Players can respect that, as I'm sure RNH would.

But then again, we're talking about the Oilers..

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:03 AM
MessierII

This actually a good proposal you can tell because neither fan base likes it.

I still say no for 2 reasons.

Nugent-Hopkins ceiling is just too high.

Phaneuf is a bad guy to have in your locker room. Flame away but where there's smoke there's fire and I've heard from some guys close to the NHL he is just not a guy you'd want around a young team like Edmonton.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:53 AM
bobbyt91*
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by spOiler View Post
Kadri is a notch below sam gagner let alone nuge... nuge will be a top 5 center one day... also its one year of phaneuf gonna have to be a big no from edmonton.
I agree with the no on the trade from the Leafs side but Ganger>Kadri really? do you really feel that way? if so you need a time out and should feel shame lots and lots of shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Grabovski > Kadri

Giroux < Kadri

If you're even mentioning elite talent like Ryan Nugent-Hopkins you're throwing in Morgan Rielly + Joe Colborne

Colborne > Bozak
Lakai are you drunk?

bobbyt91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:12 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I agree with the no on the trade from the Leafs side but Ganger>Kadri really? do you really feel that way? if so you need a time out and should feel shame lots and lots of shame

Lakai are you drunk?
Cant spell his name but expert on him lol talk about feeling shame touché .

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:20 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
I forgot the Leafs highlight of the season!

Don Cherry kisses Nazem Kadri, a.k.a. ‘giving him the Gilmour’
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...5443--nhl.html

We all have friends that are Leaf fans still in awe.

Imagine what Eakins will do for RNH, Gagner and Lander.

Last edited by lakai17: 07-16-2013 at 01:29 AM.
lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
This is probably one of those threads that someone bumps three years down the road to make the OP and Leaf fans in general look very, very, (very) bad.

I know it's all based on potential right now, but I have a gut feeling that Nugent-Hopkins makes Kadri look like a plug in comparison to him in his prime.

And with all of the current Phaneuf rumors, his value is being greatly exaggerated at the moment. And even with Ms. Cuthbert coming along with him, by the time that three year bump happens, she'll likely be busted by then.

You mean like this one?

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...+kessel&page=2

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:26 AM
Rodimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Cant spell his name but expert on him lol talk about feeling shame touché .
A simple typo and a grammatical error are two different things.

Also LOL at you "touche"-ing your own sentence, thats a lot like laughing at your own joke in hopes others will join you.... AMIRITE guys.... guys?

Rodimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:45 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
They are pretty even Kessel is ahead right now but looks pretty even to me

Eberle .80 ppg age 23
Kessel .75ppg age 25 hmm seems close to me jp But Leaf fans define the better player on a season not a career.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:22 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
To
Toronto
smid

Edmonton
Phaneuf
Fraser
2014 2nd

1: Going from Kadri to RNH will be a downgrade now and a ginormous downgrade down the road.

2: Dion will go UFA for one year and we've got not clue if he'd want to stick with Edmonton. He'd have to take a significant pay cut.

3: I'd love Smid and the contract he's on.

4: wouldn't be bad to have Fraser on the 3rd pairing, but we've already got WAY too many left handed d-men on 1-way contracts and Klefbom is expected to play in the NHL next year.

I honestly can't imagine what kind of package would motivate Edmonton to trade Hopkins. He's the right age, has the right skills and plays the position we need him to play.

The idea of Kadri coming over is a pretty sick joke to me. He'd easily be #2 behind Gagner and while Gagner would produce well with Hall and Eberle on his wings, Hopkins would do a much better job.

TBH as I think of this proposal more and more I get more and more sick to my stomach.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:23 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Grabovski > Kadri

Giroux < Kadri

Colborne > Bozak
What?

I think you mixed up "<" with ">".

Last edited by spiny norman: 07-16-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: not needed
thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 08:38 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Grabovski < Kadri

Giroux > Kadri

Colborne < Bozak
made some minor corrections for you... sadly on the last one, but, Bozak is far better than Colborne, Joe is a 3rd line C at best, and developing really slowly

Mind you, i would take your proposal though!

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
for
Morgan Rielly + Joe Colborne

Done as far as i am concerned. ...even though most leafs fans may not agree with me.

Last edited by mydnyte: 07-16-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: missed a <
mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 09:08 AM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Yes, I'm aware the Oilers had him, and Hall play with shoulder problems over the past few years... Well done gentleman!

Lofty expectations to an extent, yes.. But top 5 centre means he'll surpass one of Datsyuk, Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Giroux etc.

Personally, I think that's unrealistic to expect. Hope for? Yes, absolutely. Expect? No. It's certainly possible, although I don't know how likely..

I don't think he's 'worse' then Gagner... I think Gagner outperformed him last year, and until Nuge takes it back, that's Sam's job... Accountability works for good and bad. Players can respect that, as I'm sure RNH would.

But then again, we're talking about the Oilers..
RNH and Hall were drafted with injured shoulders. They were both shut down early in their 2nd seasons, after all hope of the playoffs was extinguished, to have the surgery completed. Are you suggesting that the Oilers have done the surgeries earlier, while the team was still capable of making a push into the playoffs? Or just not drafting the players in the first place?

RNH will surpass some of those players in due time because he's a) got the skill to do so and b) has time on his side. Have you ever watched RNH play against players his own age? He was good in Russia at the WJC last season, but I made sure to catch a half dozen of his games with the Rebels while he was in junior. I watched that kid come to Calgary as a 17 year old and completely dominate a game. Start to finish. My wife, who knows the game but doesn't follow the players, immediately picked up on him. It was startling. He's got more than enough natural skill to be as similarly dominant in the NHL, as long as he has the drive to do so.

I don't think you've watched much of the Oilers if you're going to stay Gagner outperformed RNH last season. I'm pretty sure you've made that comment based entirely on each players point totals. If you had been watching the Oilers closely the past two seasons you would have noticed that RNH, bummed shoulder and all, was still the better center night in and night out. With the injured shoulder this season, Ryan didn't have the power or confidence to flash his offensive prowess against men in the NHL like he did in his rookie season. He was still able to light his peers up like a christmas tree over in Russia, but at the NHL level, he couldn't maintain that high level of offensive production. Instead he focused his energy on playing sound hockey away the puck and it was noticeable improvement over his rookie season.

And yes, we are talking the Oilers. The same organization that was so screwed up it needed to be nuked from orbit, just to make sure. There have been far too many incompetent people associated with the team over the past few years. Thankfully most of them are long gone. The ones that remain (cough Lowe cough) appear to have been sufficiently neutered these days. However, if you keep thinking the current team is the same as the 2009 or 2010 Oilers, you're in for a huge shock.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
RNH and Hall were drafted with injured shoulders. They were both shut down early in their 2nd seasons, after all hope of the playoffs was extinguished, to have the surgery completed. Are you suggesting that the Oilers have done the surgeries earlier, while the team was still capable of making a push into the playoffs? Or just not drafted the players in the first place?

RNH will surpass some of those players in due time because he's a) got the skill to do so and b) has time on his side. Have you ever watched RNH play against players his own age? He was good in Russia at the WJC last season, but I made sure to catch a half dozen of his games with the Rebels while he was in junior. I watched that kid come to Calgary as a 17 year old and completely dominate a game. Start to finish. My wife, who knows the game but doesn't follow the players, immediately picked up on him. It was startling. He's got more than enough natural skill to be as similarly dominant in the NHL, as long as he has the drive to do so.

I don't think you've watched much of the Oilers if you're going to stay Gagner outperformed RNH last season. I'm pretty sure you've made that comment based entirely on each players point totals. If you had been watching the Oilers closely the past two seasons you would have noticed that RNH, bummed shoulder and all, was still the better center night in and night out. With the injured shoulder this season, Ryan didn't have the power or confidence to flash his offensive prowess against men in the NHL like he did in his rookie season. He was still able to light his peers up like a christmas tree over in Russia, but at the NHL level, he couldn't maintain that high level of offensive production. Instead he focused his energy on playing sound hockey away the puck and it was noticeable improvement over his rookie season.

And yes, we are talking the Oilers. The same organization that was so screwed up it needed to be nuked from orbit, just to make sure. There have been far too many incompetent people associated with the team over the past few years. Thankfully most of them are long gone. The ones that remain (cough Lowe cough) appear to have been sufficiently neutered these days. However, if you keep thinking the current team is the same as the 2009 or 2010 Oilers, you're in for a huge shock.
You should have just let this thread die instead of bumping it back to top.
OP is an easy pass from EDM.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 09:25 AM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
You should have just let this thread die instead of bumping it back to top.
OP is an easy pass from EDM.
Any proposal that includes trading our #1 C is a pass. Basically any proposal trading any team's #1 C should automatically result in a 7 day ban from HF for the OP. That **** is stupid and it's happening daily.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:22 AM
daveleaf

I don't see the Leafs targeting Edm unless it was for Gagner on the cheaper end. Trading for RNH would be backwards for both teams. Gagner would provide a stop gap and watching his dad play his whole career the guy used to light up the Leafs.

I could see the Leafs targeting Col, maybe O'Reilly in the new year when he is tradeable but the pickings are very slim out there.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:28 AM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
I'm not sure what you where trying to accomplish with this post...