HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

JVR to NYR.

Old
07-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

vCash: 500
No, it would definitely not take Stepan + to pry him away but straight up, yes. That's the only few realistic case where we had trade him to Rangers.

Although, the OP's offers is great value-wise but like any have said before me, this doesn't make us better now.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
To be honest, for JVR, I think you start with Stepan and add from there.
If the main pieces in a deal are Stepan and JVR the Leafs are adding, not the Rangers.

07-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
not a bad proposal but we have no interest in trading JVR
Kind of as simple as that, really.

Not a knock on the Rangers offer at all, but there's no reason why we should trade JVR away from the Leafs. He's young, we don't know how he tops out yet, and he fits in very well within the line-up on a VERY good deal that is going to get us great value moving forward.

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Avec Fromage*

I think JvR has PPG potential. He's a little streaky right now but so was Kessel and JvR is approaching the age Kessel was when he broke out. He was very good in the playoffs this year. Let's not forget his contract - 4.25 for the next 5 years. The Leafs would only consider moving him in a deal for a 1C or 1D.

Avec Fromage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:54 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
No, it would definitely not take Stepan + to pry him away but straight up, yes. That's the only few realistic case where we had trade him to Rangers.

Although, the OP's offers is great value-wise but like any have said before me, this doesn't make us better now.
Agreed. A guy like JvR who is signed longterm to a good contract, and who can't easily be replaced internally, doesn't get moved for picks/prospects (unless it's a league-wide top top can't-miss centre prospect or something like that).

If we're having trouble signing Phaneuf or Kessel though, that's the type of deal (not saying with the Rangers) that we might have to make. Get worse now, but acquire assets for the future. Hopefully we can just get them resigned though.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:55 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Rangers wouldn't trade Stepan straight up for JVR. Centers are more valuable than wingers. Stepan is a year younger, and he has more points in less games played.

Toronto would have to add. And since we have absolutely no desire to trade Stepan, the addition would have to be pretty significant.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post
The Leafs would only consider moving him in a deal for a 1C or 1D.
and thats fine, thats when we just agree to disagree as most trade proposals on here

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Lundsanity30

JVR

78G 15G 20 A 35 PTS
75G 21G 19A 40 PTS
43G 11G 13A 24 PTS
48G 18G 14A 32 PTS

STEPAN
82G 21G 24A 35 PTS
82G 17G 34A 51 PTS
48G 18G 26A 44 PTS

Rangers would't even move Stepan alone for JVR.. If thats the starting point, mine as well lock this baby up.

Old
07-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Duffman955

If Staal agreed to sign an extension in the future, a Jvr for Staal swap with maybe other pieces added.

I think that deal would help both teams.

The only problem with trading JVR is that he could break out any season and make the trade lopsided.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:02 PM
KlattNazty

I think it makes more sense to look at it from what was discussed earlier, trading JVR for either Marc Staal or for Girardi or whatever.

I kinda feel like Marc Staal is a flight risk to CAR. So lets say it was girardi, my issue becomes that by losing JVR the leafs blow chunks on the wings.

Well not entirely, but they lost a noteable amount of winger depth this offseason between Mac and Frattin. So losing JVR too would mean we would require a winger in return.

I suppose the ideal guy to return would be Kreider but I can totally understand why NYR would not want to move him.

I also think that if the leafs are doing this, it means we probably move one of our defense prospects in the deal because we are squeezing them out. So perhaps one of Finn/Blacker/Percy would go the other way too (obviously as an add, not a main piece).

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
If Staal agreed to sign an extension in the future, a Jvr for Staal swap with maybe other pieces added.

I think that deal would help both teams.

The only problem with trading JVR is that he could break out any season and make the trade lopsided.
isnt that a risk with pretty much any trade though?

Old
07-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
I think it makes more sense to look at it from what was discussed earlier, trading JVR for either Marc Staal or for Girardi or whatever.

I kinda feel like Marc Staal is a flight risk to CAR. So lets say it was girardi, my issue becomes that by losing JVR the leafs blow chunks on the wings.

Well not entirely, but they lost a noteable amount of winger depth this offseason between Mac and Frattin. So losing JVR too would mean we would require a winger in return.

I suppose the ideal guy to return would be Kreider but I can totally understand why NYR would not want to move him.

I also think that if the leafs are doing this, it means we probably move one of our defense prospects in the deal because we are squeezing them out. So perhaps one of Finn/Blacker/Percy would go the other way too (obviously as an add, not a main piece).
I agree, lets get back to Staal/Girardi before this whole thing blows up if someone mentions Stepan again.

Old
07-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Rangers wouldn't trade Stepan straight up for JVR. Centers are more valuable than wingers. Stepan is a year younger, and he has more points in less games played.

Toronto would have to add. And since we have absolutely no desire to trade Stepan, the addition would have to be pretty significant.
That's completely fine and rightfully so but I was just pointing out that Leafs wouldn't and shouldn't move JVR unless a player like Stepan or a 1st line C is coming back our way.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:07 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
That's completely fine and rightfully so but I was just pointing out that Leafs wouldn't and shouldn't move JVR unless a player like Stepan or a 1st line C is coming back our way.
Fair enough.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:07 PM
morrielly

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post
I think JvR has PPG potential. He's a little streaky right now but so was Kessel and JvR is approaching the age Kessel was when he broke out. He was very good in the playoffs this year. Let's not forget his contract - 4.25 for the next 5 years. The Leafs would only consider moving him in a deal for a 1C or 1D.
yup. this for me.

players like jvr naturally take longer to develop and i think that in two years from now, he will be one of our most important players. jvr is a core piece and the leafs won't trade him for a package of picks+prospects

not to mention that the type of player jvr is adds a complete dynamic to our top 6 that an all skill player like say a eberle or skinner couldn't

most leafs fans will probably disagree with me but id trade lupul before i trade jvr

and could rangers fans just ignore the stepan+ statements from some leafs fans
thank you

morrielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:12 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrielly View Post
yup. this for me.

players like jvr naturally take longer to develop and i think that in two years from now, he will be one of our most important players. jvr is a core piece and the leafs won't trade him for a package of picks+prospects

not to mention that the type of player jvr is adds a complete dynamic to our top 6 that an all skill player like say a eberle or skinner couldn't

most leafs fans will probably disagree with me but id trade lupul before i trade jvr

and could rangers fans just ignore the stepan+ statements from some leafs fans
thank you
Nope, I agree with that. JvR plays the PK, is better defensively in general, is trending upwards, is on a cheaper contract, is younger, and plays a better game in front of the oppositions net.

Lupul is more dynamic/skilled... and has a great personality with the media (but then again, so does JvR). But I'd move him before moving JvR.

Also agree with the second bolded part.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:15 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Callahan
If we move our captain, it would be to highest bidder for top, top dollar, massive overpay.

The Sabres are most likely to be willing to go THERE.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:16 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I would do that. Then try and do a deal around Staal for Lindholm or Skinner from Carolina.
You'll get that.

Old
07-15-2013, 04:19 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post

something around Staal AND Girardi could be doable w/righty Franson +.

But a different deal with a non-Kreider W may be agreeable.

Old
07-15-2013, 04:21 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
something around Staal AND Girardi could be doable w/righty Franson +.

But a different deal with a non-Kreider W may be agreeable.
Which wingers would be moveable for NYR?

EDIT: Looking at our defense again, I think we would prefer to acquire just one of Girardi or Staal. Both are great additions and the type of guy we need, but our transition game is crucial to our success and I think the leafs want to be able to have Gardiner and Rielly shouldering big minutes.

Last edited by KlattNazty: 07-15-2013 at 04:26 PM.
KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:21 PM
GenericFan2*

Great proposal, value wise.

GenericFan2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Curious as to what it would take to get him.

Something like Kreider, Miller and a 1st?

How close/far am I?
are you nuts? JVR a few years back didn't look any better than Kreider or Miller. Let the kids develop before trading for a guy who has a similar profile.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:28 PM
veedubn1

#1 Staal is a LHD... not something we need

#2 the OP is good value. If the Leafs weren't trending upwards, it would be a solid deal to make.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
Value aside, I'd prefer a deal around roster players, not picks or prospects.

The Leafs are not rebuilding and should be trying to add to their existing core, not trade away Top 6 forwards.
There's a good chance both Kreider and Miller will be roster players when the next season starts. No from the Rangers perspective.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:31 PM
kingnashty61*

staal and girardi will never be traded in the same deal. End of story

kingnashty61* is offline   Reply With Quote