HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM Potential Signing + Trade

Old
07-15-2013, 08:57 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Lol Klefbom untouchable when trading for Phaneuf? Now I know why you guys have picked in the top 10 the past four years, I really hope your GM isn't as short-sighted as some of these edm fans in this thread or you'll be their for the next five. As for the proposed deal, only way I'd do it if it's certain Dion won't be resigning with us for whatever reason. But if we can lock him up for 5.5-6.5 I'd rather we just keep him. Our defense would be a mess without Dion.

If Dion was on the Oilers, he'd be your best defenseman, hands down. Its also pretty easy to tell who actually watches Dion, and who just copies the opinion of hf.

I would like Hemsky on the leafs if the price was right, (not as a centrepiece for Phaneuf ) he could play on the second line with Lupul and Kadri or if he with Kessel if can play on the left side, it would push Clarkson down to our third line and we could roll three good scoring lines. But his injury problem scares me away a bit. If his value is low, I'd like Nonis to take a gamble on him.

Can Hemsky play LW at all? I think he'd be great with Kessel. We could roll:

Hemsky/JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - JVR/Hemsky
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson
Marlie - McClement - Orr/McLaren

Last edited by Hennig: 07-15-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

vCash: 500
hemsky skates circles around dion the giveaway-pylon phaneuf. that being said the oilers have already had igor ulanov and he never really panned out. dont need him again in phaneuf.

Steve BachIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Don't want the overrated poor positional play cancer in the lockeroom anywhere near the Oilers Phaneuf is the perfect fit for Toronto .

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Don't want the overrated poor positional play cancer in the lockeroom anywhere near the Oilers Phaneuf is the perfect fit for Toronto .
How can Phaneuf be overrated when he's trashed by everyone except Leafs fans?

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
How can Phaneuf be overrated when he's trashed by everyone except Leafs fans?
You just answered your own ?

Old
07-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Kbs

Quote:
You just answered your own ?
So, because Leafs fans don't trash him that means we overrate him? That's kinda weird.

Old
07-15-2013, 09:39 PM
achtungbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
So, because Leafs fans don't trash him that means we overrate him? That's kinda weird.
Lol. Think harder son.

achtungbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
Lol. Think harder son.
Please explain how he's overrated then? I think it's just a lazy way for people to downplay how well he's played for the Leafs and it goes hand-in-hand with people's hatred for the Leafs (and probably Phaneuf).

Old
07-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

Quote:
Mr "overrated poor positional play cancer in the lockeroom" Phaneuf would EASILY be your best defenseman, and would do a great deal in improving the Oilers and maybe getting them to a playoff spot. But obviously you guys wouldn't want that because it would mean a lower draft pick.

Old
07-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Link? Source? Personal opportunity to be in the Leafs lockeroom and determine Phaneuf is a cancer?

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Mr "overrated poor positional play cancer in the lockeroom" Phaneuf would EASILY be your best defenseman, and would do a great deal in improving the Oilers and maybe getting them to a playoff spot. But obviously you guys wouldn't want that because it would mean a lower draft pick.
Not a chance dream on Leaf fan.

Old
07-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

Quote:
Not a chance dream on Leaf fan.
You're right, who needs Phaneuf when you can have Aaron Ekblad, amirite?

Old
07-15-2013, 09:54 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
53 giveaways compared to 15 measily take aways shows how much of a defensive sive he is also -6 in 7 playoff games worse than bad. We don't need a guy who gives the puck away more than Anyone in the NHL keep your Garbage Toronto.

Old
07-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

Quote:
53 giveaways compared to 15 measily take aways shows how much of a defensive sive he is also -6 in 7 playoff games worse than bad. We don't need a guy who gives the puck away more than Anyone in the NHL keep your Garbage Toronto.
Oh yay, you actually want tp have a quality discussion.

Ok, so let's be stupid here for a second, and say Takeaway/Giveaway ratio is the be all end all at comparing defensive awareness through statistics. Some food for thought:

GvA/TkA ratio:
Regular Season:
Phaneuf: -38
Subban: -32
Doughty: -27

Yes Phaneuf lead the league in giveaways and had the worse GvA/TkA ratio, but that will come when you play some of the hardest minutes in the league, also while averaging over 25:00 minutes a game, and having 5-10 more giveaways a season is really not the big of a deal.

GvA/TkA ratio:
Playoffs:
Doughty: -24
Chara: -13
Keith: -7
Seidenberg: -14
Phaneuf: -14

Albeit a smaller sample size than most of these guys, but still shows you how stupid GvA/TkA ratio can be unless you use it in the right context.

By your logic, Siedenberg is absolutely awful defensively, Subban shouldn't even be able to sniff the Norris, and Chara is just a 8 ft Pylon on skates.

If were going to use +/- like its an actual reliable stat, what do you have to say about Justin Schultz -17?

Quote:
keep your Garbage Toronto
With pleasure, keep being Garbage Edmonton.

Old
07-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Shaun_W_W

I would like the trade if it was a 3 way giving the Leafs an equal valued dman as Hemsky otherwise we gut our defence for future ?s

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Oh yay, you actually want tp have a quality discussion.

Ok, so let's be stupid here for a second, and say Takeaway/Giveaway ratio is the be all end all at comparing defensive awareness through statistics. Some food for thought:

GvA/TkA ratio:
Regular Season:
Phaneuf: -38
Subban: -32
Doughty: -27

Yes Phaneuf lead the league in giveaways and had the worse GvA/TkA ratio, but that will come when you play some of the hardest minutes in the league, also while averaging over 25:00 minutes a game, and having 5-10 more giveaways a season is really not the big of a deal.

GvA/TkA ratio:
Playoffs:
Doughty: -24
Chara: -13
Keith: -7
Seidenberg: -14
Phaneuf: -14

Albeit a smaller sample size than most of these guys, but still shows you how stupid GvA/TkA ratio can be unless you use it in the right context.

By your logic, Siedenberg is absolutely awful defensively, Subban shouldn't even be able to sniff the Norris, and Chara is just a 8 ft Pylon on skates.

If were going to use +/- like its an actual reliable stat, what do you have to say about Justin Schultz -17?

With pleasure, keep being Garbage Edmonton.
Nice playoff ratio only problem Phaneuf did that in 7 games chara 20 + and still had less nIce skewing stats .Repeat over rated garbage dman.

Old
07-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

Quote:
Nice playoff ratio only problem Phaneuf did that in 7 games chara 20 + and still had less nIce skewing stats .Repeat over rated garbage dman.
Not really that skewed when you take into considerations it's a ratio....

Before you were quick to point out Phaneuf's +/-, so again I'll ask if you hold Justin Schultz in the same regard?

I shouldn't even waste my time with you, your agenda is pretty clear to me.

Old
07-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Not really that skewed when you take into considerations it's a ratio....

Before you were quick to point out Phaneuf's +/-, so again I'll ask if you hold Justin Schultz in the same regard?
Yep Schultz was A Rookie brutal mistakes his first season need growing excuse for Dion? And he was over 2giveaway a game during playoffs show me another dman who was that bad 15 in 7 games. Live in all the denial you want thinking Phaneuf is a great dman .

Old
07-15-2013, 11:06 PM
jughead42

Yeah, I'm sure the Leafs used both compliance buyouts so they then could use the resulting cap space to add Hemsky. Seriously Oiler nation, nobody, and I mean NOBODY wants your crusty overpaid broken old soft winger. He has no value in trade, in fact with that salary he has negative trade value. You would have to give up assets just to have some team agree to take him. Yet he's always involved in every proposal for some other team's captain or key player somehow, as if the Leafs were only a Hemsky away from winning it all. Here's a proposal for ya, John Michael Liles, Stuart Percy and a 1st round pick for Taylor Hall. What, not interested? Wonder why?

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Lol Klefbom untouchable when trading for Phaneuf? Now I know why you guys have picked in the top 10 the past four years, I really hope your GM isn't as short-sighted as some of these edm fans in this thread or you'll be their for the next five.
Uhh, didn't your team draft top 10 for 5 years straight prior to making the playoffs this year? I mean, Chiarelli made 2 of those picks, but still, your picks. But I guess if there's any fan base that would know about giving up disposable prospects for proven talents it would be Leaf fans. I mean, who needs a Tuukka Rask tomorrow when you can have an Andrew Raycroft today? Or perhaps a year later when it doesn't work out, trade your 1st rd for the obvious answer in Vesa Toskala who is impenetrable... as long as no one shoots from 200 ft away. Don't worry though, those picks never work out (Lars Eller), which is why the team you gave the pick to made a move up for a 2nd rder to also grab some irrelevant prospect (Logan Couture).

Yep, hold onto a bum like Klefbom and we'll be doomed. We should clearly package him with other assets to land Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Mr V

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Phaneuf for RNH
If the Oilers agree to this, then they can spend years wandering in the desert looking for a first line center just like the Leafs are now.

Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Uhh, didn't your team draft top 10 for 5 years straight prior to making the playoffs this year? I mean, Chiarelli made 2 of those picks, but still, your picks. But I guess if there's any fan base that would know about giving up disposable prospects for proven talents it would be Leaf fans. I mean, who needs a Tuukka Rask tomorrow when you can have an Andrew Raycroft today? Or perhaps a year later when it doesn't work out, trade your 1st rd for the obvious answer in Vesa Toskala who is impenetrable... as long as no one shoots from 200 ft away. Don't worry though, those picks never work out (Lars Eller), which is why the team you gave the pick to made a move up for a 2nd rder to also grab some irrelevant prospect (Logan Couture).

Yep, hold onto a bum like Klefbom and we'll be doomed. We should clearly package him with other assets to land Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.
Didn't call Klefbom a bum... But if Nonis calls Mactavish and offers Phaneuf straight up for Klefbom, Craig takes that deal all week and twice on Sundays.

Oiler fans should be praying Klefbom becomes what Phaneuf is today.

Old
07-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Bergeron47

So much fail in this thread

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Quote:
These kinds of quotes are just gold. All these Leafs/Oilers threads are filled with Leaf fans that have forgotten the last nine years. I can't wait till we make the playoffs so we can talk down to other teams fans and pretend we were never terrible for long stretches of time.

Puritania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:44 PM
vespa99

Quote:
Didn't call Klefbom a bum... But if Nonis calls Mactavish and offers Phaneuf straight up for Klefbom, Craig takes that deal all week and twice on Sundays.

Oiler fans should be praying Klefbom becomes what Phaneuf is today.
Dont bet the farm on the first part.
God I hope not for the second part. I hope Klef actually plays solid defence when he matures

vespa99 is offline   Reply With Quote