HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM Potential Signing + Trade

Old
07-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14eberle View Post
Oilers trade Hemsky + Klefbom + Conditional 1st rounder (If Dion resigns) to Toronto for Dion Phaneuf. Oiler fans, including myself love the idea of what Klefbom can become, but its better for us to trade him now then to wait on him to develop.

I would also trade Nick Schultz for whatever we can get in return, hopefully prospects/draft picks so that we can continue developing players in the future.

Oilers sign Dustin Penner for 2.5mil/year for two years.

Lines:

Hall - Nuge- Ebs
Perron - Gagner - Yakupov
Jones - Gordon - Penner
Smyth - Lander - Brown
Eager

Phaneuf - J Schultz
Smid - Petry
Belov - Ference

Dubnyk
LaBarbera
someone with 22 posts shouldn't be allowed to start a thread.
as an oiler fan, I think this is awful.

getting rid of Phaneuf for hemsky and the oilers best defensive prospect? you'd think toronto would be all over that.

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:49 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
This is hilarious. Let me guess, you're also a fan of Eklund?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
Umm what? We could use the same approach as a court of law uses, innocent until proven guilty?

Or we could go with the much more obvious route and think to ourselves that if nobody except for one person (who isn't a credible source) makes something up that nobody else agrees with/backs up than why believe it's true?
Where's the words to his defense? And why would he make it up? Because he's mad jelly about Toronto or something? What makes him less credible than say, you saying Phaneuf is a model of leadership?

Somebody who's actually in the business > Leaf fans. Let's also not forget about Phaneuf's well documented prior history.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Where's the words to his defense? And why would he make it up? Because he's mad jelly about Toronto or something? What makes him less credible than say, you saying Phaneuf is a model of leadership?

Somebody who's actually in the business > Leaf fans. Let's also not forget about Phaneuf's well documented prior history.
Show me another source then. If it's true, then there must be other sources reporting this, right? The guy throws **** against the wall until something sticks and it's kinda funny that you guys are all taking him at face value because he went on Edmonton radio and trashed Phaneuf.

Just take a few minutes and google Watters. In the past couple years, he's been fired by Sportsnet, he's said Schneider wanted out and that's why he was traded, and he's said Eric Staal was going to be a Leaf. Just by googling him for 5 minutes, I've come across Habs, Canucks, and Leafs fans complaining about the guy. Now, show me something that indicates he's credible.

Kbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Show me another source then. If it's true, then there must be other sources reporting this, right? The guy throws **** against the wall until something sticks and it's kinda funny that you guys are all taking him at face value because he went on Edmonton radio and trashed Phaneuf.

Just take a few minutes and google Watters. In the past couple years, he's been fired by Sportsnet, he's said Schneider wanted out and that's why he was traded, and he's said Eric Staal was going to be a Leaf. Just by googling him for 5 minutes, I've come across Habs, Canucks, and Leafs fans complaining about the guy. Now, show me something that indicates he's credible.
What will be really funny is the second he is no longer a Leaf all their fans will be talking about him being a cancer and using Watters and his time in Calgary and Toronto as a reference. BOOK IT.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
What will be really funny is the second he is no longer a Leaf all their fans will be talking about him being a cancer and using Watters and his time in Calgary and Toronto as a reference. BOOK IT.
Keep thinking that if it makes you feel better. You guys are the only ones who are taking Watters seriously.

Old
07-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Keep thinking that if it makes you feel better. You guys are the only ones who are taking Watters seriously.
What happened to all the defending of Grabvoski while he was a Leaf

Old
07-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Kbs

Quote:
What happened to all the defending of Grabvoski while he was a Leaf
Huh? Tons of Leafs fans are still defending the guy and saying it was a mistake to buy him out. The ones who are glad he is gone are the same ones who wanted him gone as soon as he signed that extension.

Old
07-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Huh? Tons of Leafs fans are still defending the guy and saying it was a mistake to buy him out. The ones who are glad he is gone are the same ones who wanted him gone as soon as he signed that extension.
LOL really http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1465931

Old
07-16-2013, 05:12 PM
sVpph
Tron Funkin Blow

vCash: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
I've watched him at the world juniors, but will admit I haven't been able to watch him play in Europe. The information I know about him I've gathered from this site and other sites, and the few games I vaguely remember him playing at the Jrs.

But for the hockey IQ part, here are a couple quotes I've found from scouts/scouting sites

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/oscar_klefbom/

http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/7/26...op-25-under-25

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1026

Just some scouting reports before and after he was drafted.
All of these scouting reports are outdated.

Klefbom took a giant step forward, particularly with his defensive zone play, after that WJC.

I'm all for trading picks and prospects for some immediate help, but Klefbom is a keeper. If he keeps progressing the way he is, we'll have something special on our hands.

sVpph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Kbs

Quote:
That proved literally nothing. I'm scanning through the thread and 99% of Leafs fans are wondering why he hasn't signed yet, what teams might be a good fit, and dismissing the haters. If you're talking about Interactif, the guy has disliked Grabovski as a player for a LONG time.

Old
07-16-2013, 05:30 PM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLKesselftw View Post
Watters isn't really a reputable source for this kind of stuff is he? He hasn't been the AGM since 2003 so it's not like he was here when Phaneuf was.
Quote:
You shouldn't be using Watters as a credible source.
Hasn't Watters been up to his neck in all things Leafs since leaving the team? He had a radio show pretty much dedicated to the Leafs until 2011 right? I know he's not been "in the locker room" recently, but it's not much of a stretch to believe he is in regular contact with people who are in the locker room and do see what happens.

Where there's smoke there's often fire...

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:43 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
That proved literally nothing. I'm scanning through the thread and 99% of Leafs fans are wondering why he hasn't signed yet, what teams might be a good fit, and dismissing the haters. If you're talking about Interactif, the guy has disliked Grabovski as a player for a LONG time.
Is it really a mystery why Grabovski hasn't been signed yet?

Old
07-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

vCash: 50
Quote:

I never said he's a "model of leadership".... All I'm saying is there's no evidence that he's a locker room cancer so I don't believe he is. He could be virtually nonexistent in the locker room or a very loud voice or just like a typical player, I have no clue. All I've been saying all along is that nobody else besides one non-credible person has said he's been bad in the Toronto locker-room. No players, no coaches, no management... so why assume he is?

Community is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:
Is it really a mystery why Grabovski hasn't been signed yet?
I know right! The guy just had a wedding, and is just finishing up his honeymoon. Its fairly obvious that he is the most talented player left in the fa pool, and will be garnering lots of interest from teams.

As for people taking Watters seriously, lol...

Last edited by Hennig: 07-16-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Hennig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Didn't call Klefbom a bum... But if Nonis calls Mactavish and offers Phaneuf straight up for Klefbom, Craig takes that deal all week and twice on Sundays.

Oiler fans should be praying Klefbom becomes what Phaneuf is today.
I don't think he would. I understand the premise of the thread is Phaneuf signed to an extension, but at what term and cost? I honestly wouldn't pay the guy a cent more than 5 mil per, feel like Edler is a very comparable player (also a common projection for Klefbom). Would Phaneuf take 5 mil though? We've already seen with guys like Letang, Getzlaf and Perry just how friendly they are with the "discount" to stay with their team. I have a feeling he looks for north of 6 for an extension. At that price for what he brings, might as well wait for him to go UFA, because I wouldn't part with any asset for Phaneuf @ 6+.

I find it funny that Oiler haters constantly remind us what grave issues we will have keeping our core together and being cap compliant, but when we prefer to keep a young blue chip prospect with all 3 years of his ELC remaining instead of trading him for an overpriced and overrated (but clear upgrade), we're crazy for not doing it

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1461555

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:48 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
You're in the wrong thread.

here you go:

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
You're in the wrong thread.

here you go:

Appreciation thread here http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1462085 That's what they are for.

Old
07-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Hockeygirl95*

lol Klefbom is overrated.

Coming off a serious injury and meh play and Oilers fans think hes a stud, haha.

MacT effect is underway.

Hockeygirl95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Appreciation thread here http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1462085 That's what they are for.
So I guess you wouldn't call them leaf fans eh? Maybe you should tell them that.

Old
07-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
So I guess you wouldn't call them leaf fans eh? Maybe you should tell them that.
Like how Leaf fans were dead against signing Clarkson till he was signed now he is a god

Old
07-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Like how Leaf fans were dead against signing Clarkson till he was signed now he is a god
Its really hard to classify a fan base as one, especially a fan base as big as leaf nation, so I really cant respond to your claim. For me personally, its more of a wait and see mentality, I dunno if that makes me the majority or the minority, but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in my thinking.

Old
07-16-2013, 07:20 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Grabovski is a complete nut case who has had problems in every single place he's played. Let's not even bring up the problems in Montreal, the violence towards women, the mediator that had to be brought in so he and Kostitsyn could play on the same national team, getting bought out of Toronto and to top it off his parting words for a very well respected coach.

I have no idea why Leaf fans defend him but that's their prerogative. I was joking before when I asked why this guy hasn't been signed yet. It's pretty darn obvious.

Old
07-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl95 View Post
lol Klefbom is overrated.

Coming off a serious injury and meh play and Oilers fans think hes a stud, haha.

MacT effect is underway.
A shoulder injury that has already been completely rehabbed, evident by his participation in our rookie development camp where by all reports he completely outclassed every prospect there (including recent 7th overall Darnell Nurse). Have no idea what would lead you to suggest "meh" play, unless you're looking at his point production, in which case you've clearly analyzed him in depth

Think of it objectively. If I said we'll trade you Smid for Reilly and you told me to take a hike, I'd understand you prefer the upside + years of contract control vs the better defenceman now. But if I flew of the handle and started slamming him I'd look like a jackass. Care to guess how your comments come across?

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 09:20 PM
crazyaces**

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
Hate Phaneuf. No way would I include Klef and a first for him even if he re signs. Hemsky and a second is probably fair but I dont want Dion even for that.
I'm not sure teams would take Hemskey if you packaged him with a 2nd rounder for nothing back - yet alone you think think Hemsky and a 2nd is fair value - wow! that like saying bad contract/useless player and 2nd for one of your star quality players

crazyaces** is offline   Reply With Quote