HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off Topic Thread-Why does it take 45 minutes for a pizza

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2013, 08:15 PM
  #176
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
May not have a truck but I am so spoiled having Georgetown Cupcakes less than 100 ft from my building.
Uh huh. Like that matters. You say you're gonna go and you end up not going. We've been through this before.

I'm going to load my truck up with cupcakes and deliver them around the city. Cupcake that, cupcake.











Culture of Hockey is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:24 PM
  #177
Bi Coastal Bawse*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,939
vCash: 500
**** Rolling Stone magazine pieces of **** garbage ass wipes

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...75765078_n.jpg

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:26 PM
  #178
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 27,421
vCash: 500
Can you please take down that picture and just put a link to it?

__________________
The Butler did it. In the end zone. With a pick!

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:28 PM
  #179
Bi Coastal Bawse*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,939
vCash: 500
Done

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:33 PM
  #180
acr*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: My Pit of Danger
Country:
Posts: 47,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
**** Rolling Stone magazine pieces of **** garbage ass wipes

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...75765078_n.jpg
I don't see what is wrong here?

A psychological profile piece on one of the agents of a major world news event is standard and actually good for the public to read.

acr* is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:35 PM
  #181
Shaun
best poster alive
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,769
vCash: 500
I'm going to order a subscription to Gerry Callahan's house.

Shaun is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:35 PM
  #182
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 27,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
Done
Thanks!

Alicat is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:38 PM
  #183
Kovi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 22,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
I don't see what is wrong here?

A psychological profile piece on one of the agents of a major world news event is standard and actually good for the public to read.
I disagree. from the highlights that are provided in the article I read, the slant is that they portray him as a "troubled individual". its an attempt to get people to feel sorry for him.

so no....dont agree.

as well the could have chosen from a million pictures of him. yet they choose to use when that makes him look like a rock star.

the slant is irresponsible

Kovi is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:39 PM
  #184
WickedBruinsGirl
Registered User
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 14,396
vCash: 500
I wish there was a beer delivery service.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:39 PM
  #185
Glove Malfunction
Ference is my binky
 
Glove Malfunction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Taking selfies with an iPhone is one thing, but full nudes in an Apple Store? Unacceptable, no matter how tasteful...
It's not illegal, just frowned upon...

Glove Malfunction is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:40 PM
  #186
dabid
Registered User
 
dabid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: gorskic's house
Country: United States
Posts: 9,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I'm going to order a subscription to Gerry Callahan's house.
me too

dabid is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:44 PM
  #187
Glove Malfunction
Ference is my binky
 
Glove Malfunction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
My electric bill is usually $30 - $35/month.

6/11- 7/10??

$117

Mother Nature, you are a dirty rotten hoebag.
Quitcher*****en, Kate. #117 is a GOOD month for me. I am fearful to even open my next bill.

Glove Malfunction is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:45 PM
  #188
acr*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: My Pit of Danger
Country:
Posts: 47,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
I disagree. from the highlights that are provided in the article I read, the slant is that they portray him as a "troubled individual". its an attempt to get people to feel sorry for him.

so no....dont agree.

as well the could have chosen from a million pictures of him. yet they choose to use when that makes him look like a rock star.

the slant is irresponsible
I haven't read it, but I doubt they're trying to say "Sweet little Dhzokhar was an innocent angel and it's everyone else's fault". They're just trying to uncover the humanity of the kid and the conditions that led to someone doing something so awful. Just because someone does something evil doesn't mean they're not a human with human psychology. And if anything, it's imperative that we look into why these things happen so that we can address those problems in society and try our best to prevent things like these from ever happening again (though terrorism will never be 100% wiped out in the west).

acr* is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:45 PM
  #189
Bi Coastal Bawse*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,939
vCash: 500
What Callahan do?

And its been what? 3 months seince the bombing? They have this guys face plastered on their magazine trying to rationalize why he did it? What is said on the cover is to make us feel bad for him like he was some lost kid. Too much of that going around in the world. Sometimes people are just evil and do ****ed up things.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:46 PM
  #190
Bi Coastal Bawse*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
Glad to hear she's doing better - is she wearing a muzzle in the pic? Still a cutie - I forget, what's her name?

My friends' dog had to stay home (ac on) today because of the heat - when I said 'guess who's home' he nearly did a backflip getting off the floor to go outside to greet them -
Her name is Midnight and yes our old vet(we have 2) muzzles her. Sometimes she has 2 muzzles on. Tonight she is going to have scrambled eggs for dinner.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:47 PM
  #191
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
Quitcher*****en, Kate. #117 is a GOOD month for me. I am fearful to even open my next bill.
Agreed. I will easily be over 2 bills this month.

Bruwinz37 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:48 PM
  #192
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,810
vCash: 500
Wow, what a difference quality personnel can make.

Wife called iphone, tore them up, told them the story. Walked in, upgraded my phone no charge, had a tech guy waiting w/ an iphone 5. Apologized, Shaggy was understaffed (although there was an army of iphone employees there), blah blah blah.

Thank you, Shaggy!! Saved me probably me 4 maybe 5 hundred. Zoinks, baby!!

Want a free iphone upgrade? See shaggy at the Burlington mall, and be sure...... NOT to make an appointment.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:49 PM
  #193
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 27,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
What Callahan do?

And its been what? 3 months seince the bombing? They have this guys face plastered on their magazine trying to rationalize why he did it? What is said on the cover is to make us feel bad for him like he was some lost kid. Too much of that going around in the world. Sometimes people are just evil and do ****ed up things.
He went on quite an eloquent twitter rant.

Alicat is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:51 PM
  #194
Bi Coastal Bawse*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
He went on quite an eloquent twitter rant.
On his twitter now and see stuff about the RS magazine nothing too bad but I haven't read his feed that much soo far.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:52 PM
  #195
Kovi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 22,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
I haven't read it, but I doubt they're trying to say "Sweet little Dhzokhar was an innocent angel and it's everyone else's fault". They're just trying to uncover the humanity of the kid and the conditions that led to someone doing something so awful. Just because someone does something evil doesn't mean they're not a human with human psychology. And if anything, it's imperative that we look into why these things happen so that we can address those problems in society and try our best to prevent things like these from ever happening again (though terrorism will never be 100% wiped out in the west).
then present the story and the facts. dont say in the sub title (I'm paraphrasing), "How a Charming Young Man Suffered a Bad home life and became a monster". you are already leading the reader. Its irresponsible journalism. Add the picture and its worse.

Kovi is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:53 PM
  #196
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 27,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Uh huh. Like that matters. You say you're gonna go and you end up not going. We've been through this before.

I'm going to load my truck up with cupcakes and deliver them around the city. Cupcake that, cupcake.



Don't be a ha8er.


Alicat is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:53 PM
  #197
acr*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: My Pit of Danger
Country:
Posts: 47,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
What Callahan do?

And its been what? 3 months seince the bombing? They have this guys face plastered on their magazine trying to rationalize why he did it? What is said on the cover is to make us feel bad for him like he was some lost kid. Too much of that going around in the world. Sometimes people are just evil and do ****ed up things.
If only life were that simple.

acr* is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 08:56 PM
  #198
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 27,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
On his twitter now and see stuff about the RS magazine nothing too bad but I haven't read his feed that much soo far.
He's also been a friend of Jeff Bauman's family since before Jeff was born.

Alicat is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 09:01 PM
  #199
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,568
vCash: 500
So you haven't read it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
I haven't read it.
....but you're going to tell people how they should respond to it and even better, how they should find it beneficial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
I don't see what is wrong here?

A psychological profile piece on one of the agents of a major world news event is standard and actually good for the public to read.
Get outta here with that noise.

Culture of Hockey is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 09:02 PM
  #200
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 37,545
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
I think it's disgusting but it hits home but RS made him look as good as they could and a victim himself. They put Manson on the cover and I think Darmer. They had to have had many meetings to discuss the reaction. Successful businesses don't rock the boat. Incredible how low some will go

DKH is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.