HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anthony Peluso to Boston

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-15-2013, 08:32 PM
  #1
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Anthony Peluso to Boston

How much realistically would it take for him to get traded to the Bruins?

4, 5th or 6th round pick and Jordan Caron?

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:35 PM
  #2
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,772
vCash: 2252
His ceiling is just a fourth line fighter. So his value is pretty negligible.

Can't see why the Jets would trade him though as they still need someone like that to fill in on games where we play tougher teams.

You can take Thorburn though.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:48 PM
  #3
ATLbound
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
If you offer a 5th round pick, I'm sure it would be done, no need to add anything else. He is a average 4th liner. Should see more of him this year. He will be the 13th forward though. Guy is one of the toughest guys in the league though, and like most fighters isn't a slow slug on the ice. He has wheels and intensity. I would rather keep him.

ATLbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:50 PM
  #4
allan5oh
#moneypushups
 
allan5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,059
vCash: 50
I think we are keeping him around to replace thorburn, and he also makes it easier to trade Stuart at the deadline.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:57 PM
  #5
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
How much realistically would it take for him to get traded to the Bruins?

4, 5th or 6th round pick and Jordan Caron?
Why are you interested Bi Coastal Bawse.....not trolling just curious?


I actually thought he looked decent hockey wise in his short stint with the Jets before he broke his hand but the sample size was pretty small. seems to be very tough from what I have seen and heard about but once again the sample size I have witnessed is pretty small.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:07 PM
  #6
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
On the Bruins board we're discussing someone to be the heir apparent to Thornton or getting a 13th-14th forward that can step in to also fight when a team has more than 1 fighters

Peluso's name has been brought up

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:14 PM
  #7
allan5oh
#moneypushups
 
allan5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,059
vCash: 50
Makes sense since looch and chara shouldn't be fighting anyways. He may hit the waiver wire in the fall. We have too many waiver players this year.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:15 PM
  #8
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Q'onoS
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 2,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Why are you interested Bi Coastal Bawse.....not trolling just curious?


I actually thought he looked decent hockey wise in his short stint with the Jets before he broke his hand but the sample size was pretty small. seems to be very tough from what I have seen and heard about but once again the sample size I have witnessed is pretty small.
Thornton has to deal with Kassian, McLaren, Orr, Scott and Parros in our division. It's a bit too much to ask a 36 year old guy who is a lot smaller to battle these guys night in and night out. Chara doesn't fight anymore and we don't want to waste him or Lucic on these goons.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:31 PM
  #9
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
On the Bruins board we're discussing someone to be the heir apparent to Thornton or getting a 13th-14th forward that can step in to also fight when a team has more than 1 fighters

Peluso's name has been brought up
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
Thornton has to deal with Kassian, McLaren, Orr, Scott and Parros in our division. It's a bit too much to ask a 36 year old guy who is a lot smaller to battle these guys night in and night out. Chara doesn't fight anymore and we don't want to waste him or Lucic on these goons.
Got it....and that makes allot of sense.........love Thornton but its probably time to have a DH step in and do the heavy lifting and have Shawn in more of a Chris Neil role (fight card wise).

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:35 PM
  #10
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Boston does not need Anthony Peluso. Be grateful for how much toughness that Boston has. Pittsburgh only has Deryk Engelland, Steve MacIntyre is never going to get playing time.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:45 PM
  #11
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Q'onoS
Country: Canary Islands
Posts: 2,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Boston does not need Anthony Peluso. Be grateful for how much toughness that Boston has. Pittsburgh only has Deryk Engelland, Steve MacIntyre is never going to get playing time.

Don't care about Pitt.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:46 PM
  #12
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 5,707
vCash: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLbound View Post
If you offer a 5th round pick, I'm sure it would be done, no need to add anything else. He is a average 4th liner. Should see more of him this year. He will be the 13th forward though. Guy is one of the toughest guys in the league though, and like most fighters isn't a slow slug on the ice. He has wheels and intensity. I would rather keep him.
Your description alone makes him more valuable than a 5th round pick. I'd prefer if the Jets kept him. He can hold his own on the 4th line, and even showed a little offense and obviously he is one hell of a fighter when needed. The Jets will be introducing a fair amount of their young prospects into the lineup over the next few years and he would be a nice guy to keep around.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:57 PM
  #13
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
How much realistically would it take for him to get traded to the Bruins?

4, 5th or 6th round pick and Jordan Caron?
I understand why you would like to get him, but I think Caron has more value than he does.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:37 AM
  #14
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
I'd like Peluso, too. Hey Winnipeg, you can have Jordan Caron, please take him

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:04 PM
  #15
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
No picks just Caron then

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:34 PM
  #16
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,791
vCash: 109
Has Caron really fallen that far?

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:38 PM
  #17
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,845
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Got it....and that makes allot of sense.........love Thornton but its probably time to have a DH step in and do the heavy lifting and have Shawn in more of a Chris Neil role (fight card wise).
Actually it does to everyone except some folks on the Bruins board for some reason..

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:40 PM
  #18
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,845
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Boston does not need Anthony Peluso. Be grateful for how much toughness that Boston has. Pittsburgh only has Deryk Engelland, Steve MacIntyre is never going to get playing time.
We are very tough....just would be a luxury to have a 14th forward to throw in for Thornton on some of those tougher nights...better then Daugavins or Pandolfo that's fo' sho'.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:42 PM
  #19
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,882
vCash: 500
Peluso is going to be in tough to make the roster. You might be able to snag him off waivers even by the start of the season. Pretty much a toss-up between the unproven Peluso and the veteran Thorburn for the 13th forward spot in Winnipeg.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:56 PM
  #20
Yeti34
Registered User
 
Yeti34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Has Caron really fallen that far?
He's slow. Plus we have newer more exciting prospects. The team isn't ready to give up on him though. He's got his name pencilled in on the 3rd line.

Yeti34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:03 PM
  #21
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Peluso is going to be in tough to make the roster. You might be able to snag him off waivers even by the start of the season. Pretty much a toss-up between the unproven Peluso and the veteran Thorburn for the 13th forward spot in Winnipeg.
Shhhhh...

I don't mind Peluso as a depth grinder, but I would trade him for a 5th and Jordan Caron in a heartbeat.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:05 PM
  #22
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,301
vCash: 500
why in the world do the B's need peluso? so that they have someone to fight for Thornton?
dumb move

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 07:19 PM
  #23
BadBruins
Registered User
 
BadBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Has Caron really fallen that far?
I don't think his upside was anything more than a solid 3rd liner that can give you 12-18 goals/25-30 points. He has size and can kill penalties. He's been up and down since he was 19 and really hasn't developed anything resembling an offensive touch. At this point I think he is what he is. A capable 3rd line checking winger. Most teams would lean towards the proven player or the young guy with potential to move up in the lineup for that spot. I think that's where the Bruins are going as well. He'll take that last top-9 wing if nobody else steps up.

BadBruins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 08:07 PM
  #24
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
why in the world do the B's need peluso? so that they have someone to fight for Thornton?
dumb move
Thornton is 36 it's not fair for him to always have to fight the HWs of the league. Habs, Leafs and Sabres have all gotten tougher over these past few seasons. Lucic and Chara shouldn't spend time on the likes of Scott, Orr, Mclaren and Parros unless they do something like a cheap hit. Campbell has heart but isn't great and Mcquaid is only good when bigger and 100% so a 13th or 14th fighter isn't going to kill this team like some Bs fans think.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 08:24 PM
  #25
bb_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: boston
Posts: 9,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Boston does not need Anthony Peluso. Be grateful for how much toughness that Boston has. Pittsburgh only has Deryk Engelland, Steve MacIntyre is never going to get playing time.
Nobody 'needs' peluso (or Orr parrots Kasdian etc) but they all seem to have NHL jobs so obviously someone wants him.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.