Notices

Sign Padakin. No Seriously, Jay, do it.

Old
07-16-2013, 01:13 AM
goodsauce

vCash: 50
Sign Padakin. No Seriously, Jay, do it.

I thought this needed it's own thread.

He's a guy who fell in love with the city, and plays with a very sharp edge. And hes nasty fast too.

I say he's a keeper.

Why not eh?

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:21 AM
CoRD
Shots Fired

Don't know much about him. Do we have room for him, or a need for him? Seems like he'd be nothing more than a 3rd/4th line RW plugger.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:13 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
I have a feeling Feaster grants your wish.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:44 AM
kirant
Kiprusoffarian

vCash: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Don't know much about him. Do we have room for him, or a need for him? Seems like he'd be nothing more than a 3rd/4th line RW plugger.
He feels a bit like that. Offensive upside is certainly too limited to many anything past bottom 6 I think. But he is one of the better defensive forwards available for draft if not the best (though, with the number of qualifiers in there, that is a fairly small crop of forwards that I'm looking at). He's fast, competitive, doesn't mind chirping, and can score a little.

The concern is a bit with need. The Flames have a decent glut of lower bottom line prospects. The top 6 forwards and top 3 D are what the Flames need to covet and fast. That's every team's desire, but the Flames are really lacking there even compared to them.

kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:54 AM
goodsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
He feels a bit like that. Offensive upside is certainly too limited to many anything past bottom 6 I think. But he is one of the better defensive forwards available for draft if not the best (though, with the number of qualifiers in there, that is a fairly small crop of forwards that I'm looking at). He's fast, competitive, doesn't mind chirping, and can score a little.

The concern is a bit with need. The Flames have a decent glut of lower bottom line prospects. The top 6 forwards and top 3 D are what the Flames need to covet and fast. That's every team's desire, but the Flames are really lacking there even compared to them.
I see where you are coming from, but at the same time someone on this board (I forget who) said in another thread, that you can never have too many assets.

So I think signing him wouldn't be a bad call. He could be a real pest and great team guy in our lineup, or a (hopefully not though) flip for a pick.

That or he could force another guy out of our org.

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:13 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
who?

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:31 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodsauce View Post
I see where you are coming from, but at the same time someone on this board (I forget who) said in another thread, that you can never have too many assets.

So I think signing him wouldn't be a bad call. He could be a real pest and great team guy in our lineup, or a (hopefully not though) flip for a pick.

You can have too many assets, especially when you're near the contract limit.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:37 PM
kirant
Kiprusoffarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodsauce View Post

Agreed, as long as we don't hit a contract issue. This is something I think needs to be made at a Feaster and staff level: If they think his ELC will interfere with their ability to sign players coming up in the next few years, such as our draft prospects, then we shouldn't sign Padakin. There's a limited number of signed assets we can have.

Old
07-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Anglesmith
GDTs now 90% off!

vCash: 400
Why not just sign him to an AHL deal. If there's a place for him and we need a guy of his particular talents, then we sign him to a two-way and call him up. Just like with Danny Taylor.

Anglesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:01 PM
ALI

he just did not stand out anyway the only invite we should sign vanbrabant (spelling?)

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:12 PM
J Murda

vCash: 544
I think the Flames should keep an eyeball on him this season with the Hitmen (shouldn't be hard), and reassess this decision at the same time next year. If he continues to progress, which is seems like he is, and he genuinely wants to be a part of the organization, then definitely throw him a contract.

One thing I can't help think about though is that I can see Donbass Donetsk, a pretty rich KHL team in Ukraine offering him a lot more money than a AHL contract could offer so I think we should just wait it out a bit and see how he progresses.

J Murda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

vCash: 500
I would give him a 2 year 2 way contract for something like 700k per. Why not? The kid plays hard, loves the city and wants to be part of the team, we need players like that in our organization. At the very least he could play 3rd or 4th line in abbotsford.

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

real pest that you hate to play against but would love to be on your team

him and ferland would piss the other team right off

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

I don't think Padakin played poorly. I don't think he played well enough for an NHL contract either. He's not my top invite for the camp, lets put it that way.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:26 PM
kirant
Kiprusoffarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wflames View Post
Why not just sign him to an AHL deal. If there's a place for him and we need a guy of his particular talents, then we sign him to a two-way and call him up. Just like with Danny Taylor.
Padakin is 19. I don't think CHL players can sign AHL contracts at that age.

Old
07-16-2013, 04:30 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
I don't think Padakin played poorly. I don't think he played well enough for an NHL contract either. He's not my top invite for the camp, lets put it that way.
I really like Josh Jooris. He showed some skills during the practices and was fun to watch during the practice afterwards.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
I really like Josh Jooris. He showed some skills during the practices and was fun to watch during the practice afterwards.
He was definitely my favorite as well.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:42 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
He was definitely my favorite as well.
I think he sold me when he sniped one on what i want to say was Berra and then gave this kid who was standing by the glass the double fist pump haha

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote