HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Prediction of next Rangers trade

Old
07-16-2013, 03:45 AM
richardsequalscup*

vCash: 500
Prediction of next Rangers trade

The way I see it is that they can't possible keep this many players on the roster and stick to their idea of giving the kids a chance. Even with Cally and Hagelin likely to miss a few games to start the season.

Would be interesting to look back after they make a deal to see who was on the money. The way I see it is they have to make at least one trade.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:42 AM
chosen

Kreider for Florida's #1 pick next year.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Superstar Carwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
The way I see it is that they can't possible keep this many players on the roster and stick to their idea of giving the kids a chance. Even with Cally and Hagelin likely to miss a few games to start the season.

Would be interesting to look back after they make a deal to see who was on the money. The way I see it is they have to make at least one trade.
I reckon they'll just send Powe and/or Asham down to the minors to be honest. But if there are anyone who is in the 'risk zone' of getting traded I guess it would be Pyatt and Boyle. Iirc (and correct me if I'm wrong) Pyatt used to play for AV when he was younger and might have the inside track there over Boyle. On the other hand, it's pretty well known that Boyle is liked by the management and people around the Rangers so it's hard to say.

I don't see who we could get for either of those that would improve our roster, unless they were packed with say Del Zotto or someone else who is also a possible trade bait. I can't say I'm super excited about the roster right now, there's a whole lot of the same thing. I don't feel we have an 'edge' anywhere at all to be honest.

I don't really see us making a trade before the start of the season, unless it's for a midround draft pick or something.

Superstar Carwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Crease

They aren't trading one player for smaller pieces, so they probably aren't going to make any deals until Callahan and Hagelin are back.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 07:39 AM
bigbuffalo313

Richards for Crosby and a first. Book it.

bigbuffalo313 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 08:16 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 50
Pyatt for a low pick/AHL body

EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar Carwash View Post
I reckon they'll just send Powe and/or Asham down to the minors to be honest. But if there are anyone who is in the 'risk zone' of getting traded I guess it would be Pyatt and Boyle. Iirc (and correct me if I'm wrong) Pyatt used to play for AV when he was younger and might have the inside track there over Boyle. On the other hand, it's pretty well known that Boyle is liked by the management and people around the Rangers so it's hard to say.

I don't see who we could get for either of those that would improve our roster, unless they were packed with say Del Zotto or someone else who is also a possible trade bait. I can't say I'm super excited about the roster right now, there's a whole lot of the same thing. I don't feel we have an 'edge' anywhere at all to be honest.

I don't really see us making a trade before the start of the season, unless it's for a midround draft pick or something.
Did something change to eliminate our edge in the net and on the blueline?

The only trade I see happening is if Stepan ends up getting offer sheeted, which is unlikely. Outside of that, I agree that this roster will likely remain intact until Callahan comes back, then maybe a tweak or two.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar Carwash View Post

I see you've been reading HFNYR a lot lately

It's like skimming a book that I've read 20 times before. Asham, Powe....ya... mhmm.... Boyle, Pyatt.... mhmmm.. Del Zotto trait bait... no room for trades.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:47 AM
free0717

pyatt for a late pick and 1 way ahl player makeing less than 950K

free0717 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Darroll Powe for Blair Jones and Derek Smith.

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Cliffy1814

I could see Boyle being traded IF we were getting something significant in return. I assume Torts would like to have him as one of this guys in Vancouver.

I am kind of liking the idea of using Boyle on the wing with Moore at center on a checking line though. Having two faceoff men out on defenesive draws is nice. Boyle's game is really better suited to the wing anyway

I don't think any D men get dealt (too much uncertainly with Staal).

I really like how they have everthing positioned going into camp. Lots of young guys will be be battling for spots up front: (kristo, fast, Miller, etc.) A couple will probably make the team out of camp given the Cally/Hags injuries
Extra depth at blue line will allow McIlrath to develop and maybe (hopefully) arrive sometime during the season.

Cliffy1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:06 AM
nevesis

Pyatt played for AV. He sees value in him like Torts did. Plan on him being here. (Unfortunately)

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Pyatt played for AV. He sees value in him like Torts did. Plan on him being here. (Unfortunately)
He also had his ice time drastically reduced and ultimately left under AV. I agree he'll stay, but not because of some magical relationship with the coach. But because he scores goals at a high rate for a bottom sixer.

Old
07-16-2013, 11:12 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Brian Boyle for absolutely nothing

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
**** you and your ****ing birthday.

Old
07-16-2013, 11:31 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
**** you and your ****ing birthday.
I'm just trying to fit in with the rest of HFNYR OK?!?!

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:32 AM
nevesis

Quote:
He also had his ice time drastically reduced and ultimately left under AV. I agree he'll stay, but not because of some magical relationship with the coach. But because he scores goals at a high rate for a bottom sixer.
He played his role on that team. The same role he SHOULD have played here last year, but Torts was ****ing stupid and put him out every other shift.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:34 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Pyatt was on pace to pot 10 goals in a full season. His season was front loaded with goals. He had a twenty something long game streak with no points. This guy is horrible. He should be traded for anything we can get.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Yeah, that'd sure make us a better team!

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Pyatt was on pace to pot 10 goals in a full season. His season was front loaded with goals. He had a twenty something long game streak with no points. This guy is horrible. He should be traded for anything we can get.

And that seems like a windfall from a NYR bottom six forward. Certainly more than whoever would replace him if he were traded for a draft pick.

Old
07-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Claxton

I had a dream last night Dallas traded Jamie Benn for Marc Staal and some prospect I had never heard of

I wonder if this is how the Eklund's of the world get their sources...

Claxton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:50 PM
nyrleetch

Aaron Asham for ahl player.

Similar to Mike Rupp deal.

nyrleetch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:51 PM
drewcon40

Christian Thomas to MTL for one of their prospects....say.....I don't know Danny Kristo.

A few years from now when this thread is re-opened, hopefully no one puts the dates together and it looks like I nail it.

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Had a dream that this happened last night:

MDZ+Boyle+2nd
For
Connolly+Koekoe+1st

Weird

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Had a dream that this happened last night:

MDZ+Boyle+2nd
For
Connolly+Koekoe+1st

Weird
Slater Koekoek? I want him for his last name alone.

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote