HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Prediction of next Rangers trade

Old
07-18-2013, 08:25 AM
jfc64

vCash: 500
Your defense have become more cappy (not crappy) with the newer contracts handed out. And since your forwards seem more like a harmonic bunch I expect a trade on defense if it doesn't work out initially.

Stastny, Hejda and Duncan Siemens to Apple

Del Zotto skiing

Question is when during the season...

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:28 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Your defense have become more cappy (not crappy) with the newer contracts handed out. And since your forwards seem more like a harmonic bunch I expect a trade on defense if it doesn't work out initially.

Del Zotto skiing

What? More crappy because of the new contracts handed out? McDonagh's very fair contract? And everyone stayed the same basically. Did they regress over the summer?

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
I was hearing "Del Zotto!...Wide!..." in my sleep.
I had a dream where it was Game 7 of the Finals, their goalie was twisted up like Rask in game 5, DZ had a wide open net and then.........

Sam saying "High and wide!"

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

Quote:

Del Zotto skiing

That's highway robbery of Colorado, big time. Rather have McGinn than Hejda, anyways.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:26 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
I was hearing "Del Zotto!...Wide!..." in my sleep.
Del Zotto has replaced Ruotsalainen.

07-18-2013, 10:37 AM
CapainCallyClutch

Quote:

Del Zotto skiing

Del Zotto is pumped that the rangers got rid of Torts, hes ready for the season and hes going to be playing hard. If he comes out with a bang and plays like a #1 defenseman then hes not going anywhere. The problem is that if he comes out and plays like he did in his sophomore year then his value drops. Trading him during the season doesn't seem like a good idea although the proposal itself is nice.

CapainCallyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 11:23 AM
iamthewalrus

vCash: 920
Am I the only one who thinks the team is fine the way it is? I felt the same way when we made the Columbus trade. I love Nash but sometimes you just have to roll with it. Two years ago, we were known around the NHL for our home-grown team; Half of the team is different now. Under Torts, the pre-trade team was the best we've had in over a decade.

Lock up Step and try and get Zucc with the leftovers. AV will hopefully bring offense to Richie, Nash, etc; our defensive core is one of the best in the league, and we have the best goaltender in the world. At this point in free agency, most trades are going to be fair, fouth-line or AHL trades, unless the deal is a blockbuster, in which case we trade away half of our core again. I don't know, in my head making trades like that just messes with the players heads and chemistry.

I realize these proposals are all hypothetical, ultimately unlikely, and for fun, but still. All I can think of is the Nash trade

/endRant

iamthewalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 11:48 AM
richardsequalscup*

Quote:

Del Zotto skiing

You know absolutely nothing about the Rangers. Stop posting. The Rangers defense has been in the top of NHL for the past 5 years. The only reason they haven't won a cup is because they don't score. Teams like the Av's don't even have a defense. That is why they are drafting high every year.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Aufheben
Crick Nash

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Del Zotto has replaced Ruotsalainen.
This guy had a strange career, lol.

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

A stupid question: This talk about NOT buying out Richards despite everybody's wish: Either way what the plan is, it would be pretty stupid to get rid of him prior to the string of negotiations they are going through, sitting Down at the negotiation table with a lot of empty cap Space?
Given the above, and very Limited knowlegde of cap space and buy out windows, my bet is Richards being bought out during camp and nobody with any chance of making the line -up will be traded. Maybe even Clowe gets another year. Sure would hope so.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
A stupid question: This talk about NOT buying out Richards despite everybody's wish: Either way what the plan is, it would be pretty stupid to get rid of him prior to the string of negotiations they are going through, sitting Down at the negotiation table with a lot of empty cap Space?
Given the above, and very Limited knowlegde of cap space and buy out windows, my bet is Richards being bought out during camp and nobody with any chance of making the line -up will be traded. Maybe even Clowe gets another year. Sure would hope so.
Can't use amnesty buy-outs in camp. June only.

Old
07-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Can't use amnesty buy-outs in camp. June only.
Thanks. There goes that theory. Brad better shape up.

Old
07-18-2013, 05:03 PM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post

Clowe signed long term in NJ.

Richie gets bought out next offseason.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Joey Bones

If they can get Stepan and Zucc resigned and still stay under the cap, then they could probably keep everyone and have them compete at training camp. That'll be some good depth, but realistically it'll be tough to keep them both under. I see them moving Boyle, but it would be smart to hold onto him just in case Moore isn't in good shape (which could happen). Same thing with Del Zotto. He would give a nice return too, but he should be moved for the right offer. Pyatt will stay and be moved at the deadline if anything. At the end of the day, they'll send Powe and Asham down and have room for those guys.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the team is fine the way it is? I felt the same way when we made the Columbus trade. I love Nash but sometimes you just have to roll with it. Two years ago, we were known around the NHL for our home-grown team; Half of the team is different now. Under Torts, the pre-trade team was the best we've had in over a decade.

Lock up Step and try and get Zucc with the leftovers. AV will hopefully bring offense to Richie, Nash, etc; our defensive core is one of the best in the league, and we have the best goaltender in the world. At this point in free agency, most trades are going to be fair, fouth-line or AHL trades, unless the deal is a blockbuster, in which case we trade away half of our core again. I don't know, in my head making trades like that just messes with the players heads and chemistry.

I realize these proposals are all hypothetical, ultimately unlikely, and for fun, but still. All I can think of is the Nash trade

/endRant
I completely agree with you. Sure there are a few more needs that we COULD fill, but I like our team right now. A top 3 defense corps, an absolutely amazing goalie, and a great, but not amazing offense. If AV just stabalizes the powerplay and gets a few more ES goals, we're absolutely set for a run at the cup.

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post

Clowe signed long term in NJ.

Richie gets bought out next offseason.
Then I'll continue my holidays, slightly less dumber.

Old
07-20-2013, 02:57 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

One guy I would keep an eye on is Burmistrov. I know Winnipeg dosen't want to trade him but he's not going back there. I also have no idea if his contract has an out clause. But even if it doesn't, I'd think about getting his rights and waiting for the 2 years until his contract expires. He is a special talent.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

One way or another, they will get that RHD PP triggerman.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Josh3217

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
One guy I would keep an eye on is Burmistrov. I know Winnipeg dosen't want to trade him but he's not going back there. I also have no idea if his contract has an out clause. But even if it doesn't, I'd think about getting his rights and waiting for the 2 years until his contract expires. He is a special talent.
He is going to the KHL

Josh3217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Lundsanity30

The only moves I see the Rangers doing is signing Zucc and Stepan and freeing up some cap space by trading/demoting asham/powe or trading pyatt.. I think during the season they will reassess and see what their biggest need is (LW, RHD PP triggerman) at the TDL

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:26 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Winnipeg would rather let him rot in the KHL than trade his rights for pennies on the dollar. It's stubborn. He's not going back to Winnipeg after his 2 year KHL deal is done. Why not recoup an asset in the process, no matter how insignificant? They lost him anyway. It's a stupid thing to do, but I see where they're coming from

I'd keep him on the radar for two years while he's there, but let him develop in the mean time. We could have a need for a player like him in two years, especially if Brassard isn't brought back or Lindberg and Miller don't develop as expected.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:31 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
The only moves I see the Rangers doing is signing Zucc and Stepan and freeing up some cap space by trading/demoting asham/powe or trading pyatt.. I think during the season they will reassess and see what their biggest need is (LW, RHD PP triggerman) at the TDL
Asham & Powe were already waived. They are counting almost nothing against the cap.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Asham & Powe were already waived. They are counting almost nothing against the cap.
They are still on the NHL roster--there's no way to assign them anywhere else over the summer. They will have to be waived again after training camp before they can be assigned to Hartford. In any case, since the summer cap is 10% higher, their salaries are not an obstacle at this point.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
they can't be demoted right now though

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:55 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3217 View Post
He is going to the KHL
Well yeah...

I'd trade a 1st for him might now. Even if he doesn't come back for two years, that's quicker than a future first will be ready to help. He is a special player and according to the people I know, he's a good kid. He just hates the city and the coach.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote