HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A Half Dozen, or so, Coyotes and Lightning Proposals

Old
07-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
4 Please.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:00 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Love these deals for both sides. Solid, well thought out proposals. Well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchered View Post
4 Please.
Well, I'd say we've got a deal struck.

Who's gonna fax the trade call?

07-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Haha. The lone dissentors seem to agree...in opposite fashions. Gotta love it. Must be close.
Ha. Yeah, you know it's close when the dissenters begrudgingly accept!

I want Klesla gone before camp. But I think Rundblad is one of those assets that will fetch a very good asset at the trade deadline. But obviously Connolly has excellent upside.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 01:39 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Ha. Yeah, you know it's close when the dissenters begrudgingly accept!

I want Klesla gone before camp. But I think Rundblad is one of those assets that will fetch a very good asset at the trade deadline. But obviously Connolly has excellent upside.
Yeah, there are many teams that can use a RHD with Rundblad's puck skills, esp. on the PP. But I don't think most of these teams have a logjam at forward equivalent to our blueline logjam that would allow them to give us someone with the pedigree and potential like Connolly back in return. Bolts and Yotes are great trade partners, and so far, their fans on HF have had pretty good and even-keeled conversations as well on potential moves.

Connolly is certainly the best piece I've gotten for Rundblad in my armchair GMing around here, haha. I'd love it if GMDM could do better, but I think Connolly is as good as it gets of a return.

But yeah, I'd like at least Klesla to be moved before camp starts as well.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post

But yeah, I'd like at least Klesla to be moved before camp starts as well.
Sucks to say it because he's been such an effective D for us the last couple of seasons. Really, a very good player. Just too many one-way deals on this blue line.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Sucks to say it because he's been such an effective D for us the last couple of seasons. Really, a very good player. Just too many one-way deals on this blue line.
True, but it's a nice problem to have. Now we just need to manage it properly and get some good pieces that fit well in return.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:40 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
I said would trade malone for a hockey puck so will let the kesla thing go but NOTE do not like that kesla would be ufa next year at all.

I dont like the connolly thing for Rundblad yes kid might develop and is good on offense but we want a shut down physical d man. We have scorers need grit power more.

Runblad is a couple if not few years off becoming better than good in his own zone. If he can reach that and honestly is a question!!

Just my opinion think kid has great upside but connolly does too we can do better for a better fit for our organization need.

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:53 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
I said would trade malone for a hockey puck so will let the kesla thing go but NOTE do not like that kesla would be ufa next year at all.

I dont like the connolly thing for Rundblad yes kid might develop and is good on offense but we want a shut down physical d man. We have scorers need grit power more.

Runblad is a couple if not few years off becoming better than good in his own zone. If he can reach that and honestly is a question!!

Just my opinion think kid has great upside but connolly does too we can do better for a better fit for our organization need.
Can we just think of it as Klesla+ (2nd/3rd) for Connolly and Rundblad for Malone? In a package the individual pairings shouldn't matter compared to the big picture. :-)

Klesla is a UFA, but Tampa would gain 1.5M in cap space by moving Malone for him and I don't think Klesla would ask for a huge raise for his next contract. Salo is also coming off the books next season for the Bolts so it shouldn't be too hard to resign him.

In any case, Klesla can easily be stabilizing shutdown/physical presence on the blueline for you guys for 2-3 years while Rundblad and your other young d-men develop and mature. And FWIW, Rundblad definitely improved his defense last season in Portland. Probably will still need to be sheltered to an extent, but as of now, he probably has a better chance getting the ice time he needs to finally cement being an NHL regular in Tampa than in Phoenix.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:05 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Yeah. Reliable, gritty player. Bad luck with injuries, but he's a tough SOB that could lay the lumber and also provide some surprising offense. But at 3M, he's unfortunately a depth luxury we simply can't afford.

Old
07-18-2013, 02:30 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

Connolly is essentially the wing version of Rundblad, honestly. Both have huge boom or bust potential. Either could easily never be full time NHL plyers. Either could just as easily play in all star games at the NHL level. Rundblad is a little older, which as an unproven prospect hurts his value. He's Also a D which inherently makes him more valuable that the wing prospect. They're about even across the board. I think a straight up trade makes sense. When you add the other two names, though, it really, really starts to make sense. Klesla is the epitome of mean ass shut down D. He can play either side. He's older than you'd like. He's also injury prone. Sounds a lot like Malone, no. Basically just what Phoenix wants but older and more broken down. Same deal.

Old
07-24-2013, 02:09 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Whelp, with a brand new two year extension just signed, I can't see Rundblad dealt.

So, I guess we can cut these half dozen down to just one.

Klesla for Malone.

haha.

Old
07-24-2013, 02:27 AM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Whelp, with a brand new two year extension just signed, I can't see Rundblad dealt.

So, I guess we can cut these half dozen down to just one.

Klesla for Malone.

haha.
I'm not going to absolutely rule out a sign-and-trade just yet. But if it does end up being just Klesla for Malone, I'd try to see if we could also get a mid round pick as well. If not, though, no biggie. :-)

Old
07-25-2013, 01:42 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Just don't agree with view on connolly. I have plenty of others whom think he gets traded too. I dont think he has bust potential. I think he needs to work on two way game learning to become a force in front of net and using his god given SIZE to become more physical.

He will be a good NHL player and if he can develop the above three areas he will BE A GREAT NHL PLAYER.

I dont see Runblad developing into a great NHL player. Good yes not great. I will keep the high upside potential over what I think Runblad's ceiling is.

Great defenders to me are super rare but so is physical forwards whom can get you 80 points. I think connolly can get there. Runblad I do not see ever becoming as good as doughty or hedman or OEL etc.. much less the top tier guys. I can see connolly becoming a top tier guy.

Connolly will be good player maybe great. Runblad might become good. So if you want to give up a number one pick with him? Ok couple second rounds ?

Again have a lot of friends whom think we trade connolly and I say nope we dont. So you will get a lot of people to agree with this trade I wouldnt do it. If we are gonna move connolly lets just give a first rounder with him and go after a true number one defense player.

I think connolly has more upside than namestnikov whom is better two way player but doubt could ever become a great in front of net forward type. Connolly has the time to learn this and size and ability hands hockey IQ vision etc.. I do think Namestnikov will wind up as better defensively two way player yet our weakness in tampa is going to be power forwards. We need Connolly to become a true power forward. I would not consider Namestnikov for runblad either though he is truly going to be a good center.

Old
07-25-2013, 01:57 AM
Audio Outlaw
Jaded Sharks Fan

Doesn't Runblad want to go to the KHL?

Audio Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 01:59 AM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Outlaw View Post
A little behind with current events, aren't we?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=678630

Old
07-25-2013, 02:09 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Outlaw View Post
You keep saying this **** in every damn thread? And to keep being corrected every time. Why do you insist and continuing to post this over and over? Trolling? Flaming? Spamming? I assume most people posting on an Internet message board know how to use ****ing google. The fact that you are pretending that you don't leads me to believe that you are being intentionally ignorant so that you can get away with incendiary behavior.

Old
07-26-2013, 11:45 AM
robertguess2013

I am highly interested in this if someone wants to keep this going.

Is there anyone whom is closer than runblad?

Connolly malone for stone and klesla

If malone doesnt revert to two years ago and brewer seems to have lost a step this is a trade I would be for.

Any interest in this at trade deadline?

I know stone is not ideal for us since is not physical or gritty enough but has a nice shot rh d good in own end in moving puck out quickly etc..

So if tampa fan dont start yelling at me lol. I want solutions to team this and next year not in 3 years or so which think is runblad's development etc.. Especially if brewer has lost a step etc..

Old
07-26-2013, 11:47 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I am highly interested in this if someone wants to keep this going.

Is there anyone whom is closer than runblad?

Connolly malone for stone and klesla

If malone doesnt revert to two years ago and brewer seems to have lost a step this is a trade I would be for.

Any interest in this at trade deadline?

I know stone is not ideal for us since is not physical or gritty enough but has a nice shot rh d good in own end in moving puck out quickly etc..

So if tampa fan dont start yelling at me lol. I want solutions to team this and next year not in 3 years or so which think is runblad's development etc.. Especially if brewer has lost a step etc..
With Stone and Rundblad both having very recently signed mult-year, one-way contracts, I'd say they are both off the table. Really the only proposal in the OP that is probably still an option is proposal #1. Five through six are likely no longer available.

Old
07-26-2013, 03:06 PM
robertguess2013

well RT like I said earlier would do malone for Klesla for sure and see something like that happening around trade deadline.

I think malone is gonna take a step back just slow down too many hits too old etc... and so is brewer and we will be losing salo next year. Barberio can play in nhl but cannot take brewers position top four. We would be rushing any kids we bring up to solve the brewer situation or the salo leaving club etc.. when contract is up.

Probably need two d men at least one guy ready for top four whom is physical and another whom is nhl ready and projects to top four preferably both physical.

So was hoping one stop shopping hehe.

Old
07-26-2013, 03:22 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Phoenix won't be waiting until the deadline to address their log-jam on defense.

They've currently got nine one-way contracts on defense. I don't expect they'll bring more than eight to camp. I would think one will be moved before camp starts.

Old
07-26-2013, 08:22 PM
robertguess2013

I dont think we do anything till after camp and really doubt we would move malone at that time since we haven't so far. I actually thought was zero chance he would be on roster at this time so have no idea of course and wish him traded to be honest.

I was thinking would have to trade him somewhere though and than trade a prospect once we cleared the cap space for D. Yet looks like they might just be staying as is.

I expect him or brewer to struggle and lose a step this season or not to get back to players they were two years ago so figure malone and or prospect is gone at the trade deadline.

Just think we are going to be forced into it by staying close to a playoff scenario enough to make it with the right moves.

If I was GM and you called me for this deal it would be done though yesterday

I just realize we have need of a couple of D probably and not just one by next year. Salo becoming free agent dont think signs and brewer just seems like is too banged up to be the brewer of old. So is time to bridge that gap and our guys underneath are no where ready to be top four. Doubt if any can get there in a season or even two.