HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Arbitration hearing dates for Gunnarson and Fraser have been set

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2013, 12:12 PM
  #1
Kessley Snipes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,016
vCash: 500
Arbitration hearing dates for Gunnarson and Fraser have been set

Gunnarson- July 26, 2013. Fraser- July 30, 2013

Kessley Snipes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:16 PM
  #2
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,368
vCash: 500
Didn't Franson also go to arbitration?

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:19 PM
  #3
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Didn't Franson also go to arbitration?
It was rumoured that he was going to but for some reason it was never officially reported. Makes me wonder what's going on with him.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:19 PM
  #4
Kessley Snipes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Didn't Franson also go to arbitration?
I dont think he and Kadri filed for arbitration. Although I don't think Kadri is arbitration eligible.

Either way it must mean discussions are going well with Franson. Would love to lock him up for 4-5 years.

Kessley Snipes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:20 PM
  #5
ACC1224
Burke was right.
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 27,955
vCash: 500
Hopefully this is next years bottom pair and are paid as such.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:55 PM
  #6
Kessely Snipes
Great White North
 
Kessely Snipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Really hope we get Franson resigned to a fair deal.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:03 PM
  #7
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Hopefully this is next years bottom pair and are paid as such.
Players seldom go to arbitration if they're willing to accept bottom $$ for their services.

Its because what the team is offering is not to their liking, and they would prefer a 3rd impartial party to determine their value, based on industry comparables.

__________________
Signature: There is no greater demonstration of Fan patience then to suggest to "Play the Kids " and be willing to accept the consequences of those actions..
Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:06 PM
  #8
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
It was rumoured that he was going to but for some reason it was never officially reported. Makes me wonder what's going on with him.
Franson remains open to a offer sheet by declining the arbitration process.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:07 PM
  #9
ACC1224
Burke was right.
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 27,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Players seldom go to arbitration if they're willing to accept bottom $$ for their services.

Its because what the team is offering is not to their liking, and they would prefer a 3rd impartial party to determine their value, based on industry comparables.
Obviously if they liked what the Team was offering they wouldn't go to arbitration, not sure that needed to be pointed out.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:30 PM
  #10
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Hopefully this is next years bottom pair and are paid as such.
Gunnarsson has proven for a few years now to be at the very least a #3, and capable of being a #2 in a pinch. Don't think he'd be interest in playing #5 mins, let alone #5 pay.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:35 PM
  #11
ACC1224
Burke was right.
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 27,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Gunnarsson has proven for a few years now to be at the very least a #3, and capable of being a #2 in a pinch. Don't think he'd be interest in playing #5 mins, let alone #5 pay.
He hasn't proven anything to myself and many others.

He may not have interest but he also won't have any say in the minutes he receives.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:26 PM
  #12
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
He hasn't proven anything to myself and many others.

He may not have interest but he also won't have any say in the minutes he receives.
You're the only one who doesn't like Gunnarsson for the most part. He's easily a 2nd pairing d-man at the very least, the numbers back it up. Ideally he'd be a #3 like Hjalmarsson from Chicago.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:05 PM
  #13
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 33,743
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
I would really like Nonis to lock up fraser on a 2 year deal to continue seeing how he plays within the given role. Franson, Gunns and Kadri need to be signed on 4-5yr deals asap.

Porn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:07 PM
  #14
selltrade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
You're the only one who doesn't like Gunnarsson for the most part. He's easily a 2nd pairing d-man at the very least, the numbers back it up. Ideally he'd be a #3 like Hjalmarsson from Chicago.
This right here

selltrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:29 PM
  #15
The_Chosen_One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
You're the only one who doesn't like Gunnarsson for the most part. He's easily a 2nd pairing d-man at the very least, the numbers back it up. Ideally he'd be a #3 like Hjalmarsson from Chicago.
Second pairing on the defensive side. I think he needs go get more physical considering that his offensive game is poor. He is a Hjaalmarsson-class defenceman, but he isn't at his levels. Chicago can retain peripheral pieces to maintain chemistry, because they won two cups in half a decade. We shouldn't be desperately retaining anyone, but our core players.

The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:37 PM
  #16
BonMorrison
Sexy Back
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
He hasn't proven anything to myself and many others.

He may not have interest but he also won't have any say in the minutes he receives.
Besides you, TieClark, and maybe one or two other people around here - everyone is pretty much in agreement that Gunnarsson is a great 2nd pairing defenseman.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:39 PM
  #17
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porn* View Post
I would really like Nonis to lock up fraser on a 2 year deal to continue seeing how he plays within the given role. Franson, Gunns and Kadri need to be signed on 4-5yr deals asap.
Fraser shouldn't be locked up to anything. He looks like a random, replaceable minor leaguer.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:40 PM
  #18
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Besides you, TieClark, and maybe one or two other people around here - everyone is pretty much in agreement that Gunnarsson is a great 2nd pairing defenseman.
I'm hesitant to toss around the term "great" with Gunnarsson...

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:42 PM
  #19
BonMorrison
Sexy Back
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm hesitant to toss around the term "great" with Gunnarsson...
Okay fine. He's a 2nd pairing defenseman. Better?

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:02 PM
  #20
Diatomic
Naazzeemm Kaaddrriii
 
Diatomic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Air Canada Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Fraser shouldn't be locked up to anything. He looks like a random, replaceable minor leaguer.
He should be in the minors too,

I call him Schenn 2.0

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:06 PM
  #21
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,036
vCash: 166
People call him replaceable.

Find me another guy with his nastiness, toughness, and willingness to block shots and stick up for his team-mates? It's not that easy boys. This guy plays a simple but effective game and does so in limited minutes. I feel like we're talking very small number difference right now.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:07 PM
  #22
AuraSphere
Registered User
 
AuraSphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
It was set a while ago, but hopefully we can get em under contract.

AuraSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:09 PM
  #23
TieClark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,989
vCash: 500
Gunnarsson is a bottom pairing defender at best. Unless he can play like he did in the playoffs for the entire season, he's no where near a top 4 defender.

TieClark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:09 PM
  #24
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,368
vCash: 500
I don't know about GREAT and Gunnarsson in the same sentence but he's a very serviceable and usually steady D-man.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:34 PM
  #25
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
People call him replaceable.

Find me another guy with his nastiness, toughness, and willingness to block shots and stick up for his team-mates? It's not that easy boys. This guy plays a simple but effective game and does so in limited minutes. I feel like we're talking very small number difference right now.
This, Fraser did all this while being all while be a +18.

It's nice having him on the ice, being the only defenseman in a long time actually throwing people out of the crease, with the intentions of fighting anyone who shows any reluctance. Take him off the D, and we have one soft, very unintiminating defense. If Rielly stays, put Fraser with him, to make sure no one takes liberty on him.

Antropovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.