HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Game: Montreal sale for size & physicality in return...

Old
07-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Game: Montreal sale for size & physicality in return...

The Habs are looking to bolster their lineup with size and physicality. IMO, right now our ideal lineup for the playoffs looks like this:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Briere
x - x - Bourque
Parros - White - Prust

x - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Tinordi - Drewiske
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

What we're looking for:
1) A top six winger with size. This would allow Galchenyuk to play third line center. Alternatively, an experienced, rough third line center on a one-two year deal.
2) A third line winger with size.
3) A top two defenseman. Requirements 6'2+ 200lbs +.

To make this transition, we have the following players available:
Gorges
Diaz
Gionta
Moen
Desharnais
Leblanc

For a blockbuster trade, we may make the following players available:
Markov
Plekanec

We need to be tougher to play against. We're willing to take draft picks to package them with other assets to make bigger moves.

Personally, I'd like to consider a trade with Winnipeg for Bogosian. What would be his value with draft picks and players?

I'll update this post with the best value for players. Let the games begin.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

If we do this beaulieu should play in the top 6, this kid is ready to burst onto the scene. It's a good idea but bogosian would cost one or more of Gallagher, beaulieu and Tinordi and that's not happening we need these guys

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:37 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

DD for Erskine+mid-round pick.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:42 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Question: Can Desharnais play wing and how is his skating? I think I've asked these questions before but I can't remember.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:43 PM
gqmixmaster

vCash: 50
A legit backup is what Montreal should be getting, remember when Halak stole the show? Budaj did too but for the wrong reasons.

Price is such a crapshoot and all goalies can be injured.

That is where I would start.

gqmixmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:45 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
The Habs are looking to bolster their lineup with size and physicality. IMO, right now our ideal lineup for the playoffs looks like this:

x - x - Bourque
Parros - White - Prust

x - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Tinordi - Drewiske
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

What we're looking for:
1) A top six winger with size. This would allow Galchenyuk to play third line center. Alternatively, an experienced, rough third line center on a one-two year deal.

Gorges
Diaz
Gionta
Moen
Desharnais
Leblanc

Markov
Plekanec

We need to be tougher to play against. We're willing to take draft picks to package them with other assets to make bigger moves.

Personally, I'd like to consider a trade with Winnipeg for Bogosian. What would be his value with draft picks and players?

Calm down bro, East is going to be crowded next year.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:45 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Pretty sure if you wanna pry Bogosian from Winnipeg you're gonna have to start with Galchenyuk or PK, and the Habs fan in me says you're not going to part with either of those so I think you're going to have to look a bit elsewhere in that regard.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Pretty sure if you wanna pry Bogosian from Winnipeg you're gonna have to start with Galchenyuk or PK, and the Habs fan in me says you're not going to part with either of those so I think you're going to have to look a bit elsewhere in that regard.
Okay while I get the point of his price... START WITH?? If a deal goes down with the jets involving bogo and either one of those players please be aware that the habs will not be the team adding...

Old
07-16-2013, 01:49 PM
GRECOHAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post

x - x - Bourque
Parros - White - Prust

x - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Tinordi - Drewiske
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

What we're looking for:

Gorges
Diaz
Gionta
Moen
Desharnais
Leblanc

Markov
Plekanec

Just for fun...

Gionta(MTL) for Chimera+Ward (WSH)
Gorges+Desharnais+Leblanc+MTL 1st in 2014(MTL) for Bogosian (WPG)
Bourque+Diaz+MTL 2nd in 2014 (MTL) for Stewart (STL)
Moen+Pateryn (MTL) for Boyle (NYR)

Sign Bogosian 7Y/35M (5M cap hit)
Sign Stewart 4Y/20M (5M cap hit)

Price-Budaj

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenuyk-Briere-Stewart
Prust - Eller - Ward
Chimera-Boyle-White/Parros

Bogosian-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Tinordi

We give up a 1st and a 2nd next year but we sure should be contenders with this lineup...

GRECOHAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Okay while I get the point of his price... START WITH?? If a deal goes down with the jets involving bogo and either one of those players please be aware that the habs will not be the team adding...
not for PK...but Gally it might

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRECOHAB View Post
Just for fun...

Price-Budaj

Prust - Eller - Ward

Bogosian-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Tinordi

We give up a 1st and a 2nd next year but we sure should be contenders with this lineup...
This isn't NHL13... Washington wouldn't accept that, not nearly enough for bogosian, STL wouldn't need a D back for Stewart, the only one that make a little sense is the NYR one and I wouldn't do it for the habs

Old
07-16-2013, 01:53 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Question: Can Desharnais play wing and how is his skating? I think I've asked these questions before but I can't remember.
he can, but he's so much more creative as a center.

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:53 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
not for PK...but Gally it might
Yeah sorry, PK it wouldn't require an adding but I wouldn't ship out Bogosian for Galchenyuk straight up... at least not for a few years until he's a bit more proven.

Old
07-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Pretty sure if you wanna pry Bogosian from Winnipeg you're gonna have to start with Galchenyuk or PK...
I shake my head so hard when I see posts like this one that I give myself whiplash...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yeah sorry, PK it wouldn't require an adding but I wouldn't ship out Bogosian for Galchenyuk straight up... at least not for a few years until he's a bit more proven.
I wouldn't do it straight up either, gallys cealing is just too high for us to move him. Bogosian is the first name on my target list but I wouldn't give up either or the gallys, PK or eller for him. The only guys Montreal would move potentially are

Gorges
Bourque
Leblanc
Gionta
Desharnais
Diaz

Maybe
Plekanec
Pacioretty

And that's not enough for Bogo

Old
07-16-2013, 01:58 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRECOHAB View Post
Just for fun...

Price-Budaj

Prust - Eller - Ward

Bogosian-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Bouillon-Tinordi

I don't think you have a chance of those trades I highlighted going through. And as Nick said, I don't think Washington would do that trade either.

And Habsterix, what are you shaking your head about? Do Winnipeg's players have less value because they're not already on your team? I said the cost to pry Bogosian away from Winnipeg would be high. The Jets aren't going to just hand you him for DD, Bourque and Diaz...

His value staying at the team is higher than the return most would offer.

Old
07-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I shake my head so hard when I see posts like this one that I give myself whiplash...
keep reading he then backtracks to suggest we wouldn't need to 'add' to Subban for bogosian

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:01 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
I wouldn't do it straight up either, gallys cealing is just too high for us to move him. Bogosian is the first name on my target list but I wouldn't give up either or the gallys, PK or eller for him. The only guys Montreal would move potentially are

Gorges
Bourque
Leblanc
Gionta
Desharnais
Diaz

Maybe
Plekanec
Pacioretty

And that's not enough for Bogo
Your maybes are the only starting points where Chevy doesn't hang up and walk away.

I'm saying this as someone who is also a Habs fan. You're better off looking for someone else instead of Bogosian. Let PK develop chemistry with Tinordi or someone defensive and hope Beaulieu can become a 3/4 d-man to play with Gorges. I don't think the Habs need to hunt for a top-2 defenseman.

Old
07-16-2013, 02:03 PM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Already offered Jamie McGinn + mid pick for Gorges in another thread. It was liked/disliked just enough for me to think its a fair offer.

"There's a point, far out there when the structures fail you, and the rules aren't weapons anymore, they're... shackles letting the bad guy get ahead. One day... you may face such a moment of crisis." - Jim Gordon
AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Your maybes are the only starting points where Chevy doesn't hang up and walk away.

I'm saying this as someone who is also a Habs fan. You're better off looking for someone else instead of Bogosian. Let PK develop chemistry with Tinordi or someone defensive and hope Beaulieu can become a 3/4 d-man to play with Gorges. I don't think the Habs need to hunt for a top-2 defenseman.
No we don't need too but it would be nice :p and beaulieu is gonna be a top 4D for sure kids got insane skills gonna make the team out of camp this year. The only deal I'd consider for bogo is

plekanec+2nd+gorges

But even then I doubt Chevy accepts its just the most habs could give up in my mind

Old
07-16-2013, 02:08 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
No we don't need too but it would be nice :p and beaulieu is gonna be a top 4D for sure kids got insane skills gonna make the team out of camp this year. The only deal I'd consider for bogo is

plekanec+2nd+gorges

But even then I doubt Chevy accepts its just the most habs could give up in my mind
I think the value is close/there but it's just not worth it (in my eyes) to give up someone who could become our future, especially with Gorges style of play (one bad shot block and he could be out for a while) and Pleks getting a bit older.

I wasn't trying to start a war, I was simply saying the deal would have to be pretty amazing for any Jets fan to agree on doing a deal for Bogosian.

Old
07-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I think the value is close/there but it's just not worth it (in my eyes) to give up someone who could become our future, especially with Gorges style of play (one bad shot block and he could be out for a while) and Pleks getting a bit older.

I wasn't trying to start a war, I was simply saying the deal would have to be pretty amazing for any Jets fan to agree on doing a deal for Bogosian.
No no I understand, no war about it whoever ha issues with what you're saying doesn't really understand hockey management, Bogosian won't move unless its really worth it for the jets and the habs have those pieces but won't move them

Old
07-16-2013, 02:10 PM
GRECOHAB

Quote:
This isn't NHL13... Washington wouldn't accept that, not nearly enough for bogosian, STL wouldn't need a D back for Stewart, the only one that make a little sense is the NYR one and I wouldn't do it for the habs
Thats why i quoted just for fun....
Anyways...

WSH would be thrilled with this trade. They add offensive power in Gionta, as they were a low producing team last year, compaired to the years before, while giving up size and salary they dont really need.

WPG obviously cant resign Bogosian, for unknown reasons that is, and i cant figure out why a great shut down top-4 D (Gorges), a top-9 centerman (Desharnais), a prior 1st round prospect (Leblanc), plus a 1st round pick in 2014, isn't enough. To me its quite an overpayment, but worthly enough for both teams.

STL doesn't need a defensemen, they have a legitimate defense going forward. They need some salary space to resign Pietrangelo and since they cant resign Stewart obviously, they need a replacement for him, which means a cheaper winger with size and some production and Bourque fills the bill plus a 2nd for their services. Very doable to me.

Finally i would do Moen for Boyle, even if i had to add a mid-prospect (Pateryn) or mid-pick (3rd rounder) every day of the week. The strength, size, upgrade in the 4th line would be awesome. Great 4th lines often leads teams to summer parades if you have been taking notes...

Old
07-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Not speaking for WordUp but I think we he used the term "start with", he was meaning that those are the names that that would have to be used to start the discussion. Not that they would have to be added to, but that a GM would have to start with those kinds of names, and not a collection of 3 or more pieces in some sort of NHL13 value proposal.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:15 PM
GRECOHAB

Quote:
I don't think you have a chance of those trades I highlighted going through. And as Nick said, I don't think Washington would do that trade either.

And Habsterix, what are you shaking your head about? Do Winnipeg's players have less value because they're not already on your team? I said the cost to pry Bogosian away from Winnipeg would be high. The Jets aren't going to just hand you him for DD, Bourque and Diaz...

His value staying at the team is higher than the return most would offer.
Good luck signing Bogosian then...