HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Game: Montreal sale for size & physicality in return...

Old
07-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRECOHAB View Post
Good luck signing Bogosian then...
Excellent, thanks.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Sony Eriksson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
The Habs are looking to bolster their lineup with size and physicality. IMO, right now our ideal lineup for the playoffs looks like this:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Briere
x - x - Bourque
Parros - White - Prust

x - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Tinordi - Drewiske
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

What we're looking for:
1) A top six winger with size. This would allow Galchenyuk to play third line center. Alternatively, an experienced, rough third line center on a one-two year deal.
2) A third line winger with size.
3) A top two defenseman. Requirements 6'2+ 200lbs +.

To make this transition, we have the following players available:
Gorges
Diaz
Gionta
Moen
Desharnais
Leblanc

For a blockbuster trade, we may make the following players available:
Markov
Plekanec

We need to be tougher to play against. We're willing to take draft picks to package them with other assets to make bigger moves.

Personally, I'd like to consider a trade with Winnipeg for Bogosian. What would be his value with draft picks and players?

I'll update this post with the best value for players. Let the games begin.
Markov and blockbuster should not be used in the same sentence! Granted he played a all games last season but this guy has injury concerns that go back further. Plekanec is a good player but he is not going to return what you need at all.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Thats why i quoted just for fun....
Anyways...

WSH would be thrilled with this trade. They add offensive power in Gionta, as they were a low producing team last year, compaired to the years before, while giving up size and salary they dont really need.

WPG obviously cant resign Bogosian, for unknown reasons that is, and i cant figure out why a great shut down top-4 D (Gorges), a top-9 centerman (Desharnais), a prior 1st round prospect (Leblanc), plus a 1st round pick in 2014, isn't enough. To me its quite an overpayment, but worthly enough for both teams.

STL doesn't need a defensemen, they have a legitimate defense going forward. They need some salary space to resign Pietrangelo and since they cant resign Stewart obviously, they need a replacement for him, which means a cheaper winger with size and some production and Bourque fills the bill plus a 2nd for their services. Very doable to me.

Finally i would do Moen for Boyle, even if i had to add a mid-prospect (Pateryn) or mid-pick (3rd rounder) every day of the week. The strength, size, upgrade in the 4th line would be awesome. Great 4th lines often leads teams to summer parades if you have been taking notes...
Last year gionta outscored ward by 6 points while playing 9 more games... Also ward brings physicality and a lowercap hit. You're asking the caps to take in 1 player who's very small for 2 big guys that are cheaper and produce close to the same amount.

Winnipeg is getting an older top 4D who's only real skill is blocking passes and shots as he's not physical and can't play with the puck at all. A one dimensional small 3rd line center making way too much, a former first rounder coming off of a horrible season and a 1st from a division champion (likely 18-25) for a premier top pairing shutdown Dman who can score and is incredibly young. While adding between 7.4-8+ million in cap (depending if Leblanc plays in the NHL) they could spend on bogo and have some left over

For Stewart the offer isn't horrible but Diaz is useless to them considering he's be on their bottom pair that already has plenty of possible players to fill it.

Also I'd love Boyle for moen but Pateryn is a hell of a Dman an he's hugely underrated by our fan base.

It's not to be mean or rude I get its just for fun but all of these deals are really bad

Habsfannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:23 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Pretty sure if you wanna pry Bogosian from Winnipeg you're gonna have to start with Galchenyuk or PK, and the Habs fan in me says you're not going to part with either of those so I think you're going to have to look a bit elsewhere in that regard.
I hate PK, but how could the reigning Norris winner have less value than Bogosian?

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses

And here I thought our fanbase overrated the value of our own players..... Wow there Winnipeg.

Gally and Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:42 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
The Habs are looking to bolster their lineup with size and physicality. IMO, right now our ideal lineup for the playoffs looks like this:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Briere
x - x - Bourque
Parros - White - Prust

x - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Tinordi - Drewiske
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

What we're looking for:
1) A top six winger with size. This would allow Galchenyuk to play third line center. Alternatively, an experienced, rough third line center on a one-two year deal.
2) A third line winger with size.
3) A top two defenseman. Requirements 6'2+ 200lbs +.

To make this transition, we have the following players available:
Gorges
Diaz
Gionta
Moen
Desharnais
Leblanc

For a blockbuster trade, we may make the following players available:
Markov
Plekanec

We need to be tougher to play against. We're willing to take draft picks to package them with other assets to make bigger moves.

Personally, I'd like to consider a trade with Winnipeg for Bogosian. What would be his value with draft picks and players?

I'll update this post with the best value for players. Let the games begin.

Max Pacioretty - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Rene Bourque - Daniel Briere - Brian Gionta
Alex Galchenyuk - Lars Eller - XXX
Brandon Prust - XXX - Ryan White
- George Parros and Gabriel Dumont

Josh Gorges - PK Subban
Andrei Markov - Alexei Emelin
Jarred Tinordi - XXX
- Francis Bouillon and Davis Drewiske

Carey Price
Peter Budaj

Wants:
3rd line winger with size; like McGinn, Clifford...
4th line centre; like Boyle, Nolan...
Big bottom pairing D(preferably right handed); like Michael Stone, Matt Carkner...

Available for trade:
Rafael Diaz
David Desharnais
Travis Moen
Picks
Prospects(Pateryn, Leblanc, Ellis, Dumont...)

I think this is more realistic than revamping the whole roster.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:45 PM
GRECOHAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Last year gionta outscored ward by 6 points while playing 9 more games... Also ward brings physicality and a lowercap hit. You're asking the caps to take in 1 player who's very small for 2 big guys that are cheaper and produce close to the same amount.

Winnipeg is getting an older top 4D who's only real skill is blocking passes and shots as he's not physical and can't play with the puck at all. A one dimensional small 3rd line center making way too much, a former first rounder coming off of a horrible season and a 1st from a division champion (likely 18-25) for a premier top pairing shutdown Dman who can score and is incredibly young. While adding between 7.4-8+ million in cap (depending if Leblanc plays in the NHL) they could spend on bogo and have some left over

For Stewart the offer isn't horrible but Diaz is useless to them considering he's be on their bottom pair that already has plenty of possible players to fill it.

Also I'd love Boyle for moen but Pateryn is a hell of a Dman an he's hugely underrated by our fan base.

It's not to be mean or rude I get its just for fun but all of these deals are really bad
Yes you are rude considering that you dont realize we are both fans of the same team. I support and respect your arguements, although they were well expected from another teams fan, to be honest. I suppose its very easy critisizing the proposals of other posters, and i am looking forward to the day i critisize yours, if you are kindly enough to share them with us.

GRECOHAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I shake my head so hard when I see posts like this one that I give myself whiplash...
A team values it's former 3rd Overall pick who's transiting into a top D-Man high, wow who would have thought? But let me guess you wouldn't even give Tinordi straight up for him.

07-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Pretty sure if you wanna pry Bogosian from Winnipeg you're gonna have to start with Galchenyuk or PK, and the Habs fan in me says you're not going to part with either of those so I think you're going to have to look a bit elsewhere in that regard.
Bogosian's an RFA this year. If we sign him to a salary between $5,046,586 to $6,728,781, we owe a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in compensation.

I'd say guys like
Gorges
Diaz
Desharnais

Can at least get you those picks. Heck, Gorges should be able to land you a 1st + 2nd by himself.

I wouldn't say we need Galchenyuk or PK involved at all.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
START with?

More like you'd need to start with Bogosian to sniff out Subban, wow.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:59 PM
ARSix

Give us a top pairing defenseman or a top 6 scorer

in exchange, here is our junk

ARSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yes you are rude considering that you dont realize we are both fans of the same team. I support and respect your arguements, although they were well expected from another teams fan, to be honest. I suppose its very easy critisizing the proposals of other posters, and i am looking forward to the day i critisize yours, if you are kindly enough to share them with us.
Hahah I would love the habs to get these deals done but they are very unlikely my plan would be more inline with what Lehabsman said, a guy like Clifford for the 3rd line a guy like Boyle for the 4th and a big bruising D for the bottom pairing. What people don't understand sometimes is that the current habs roster isn't ready to compete and we have an incredible team on the horizon. The only guy I'd try for is bogosian because the habs only real need for the future is a great sidekick for PK. Our future top 9 will be beautiful with guys like Galchenyuk, Gallgher, Eller, Pacioretty, Collberg, McCarron De la Rose and even guys like Leblanc (could bounce back although value is low now), Vail, Hudon, lehkonen ect we are pretty set for the future I dont wanna give up these pieces to get the deals done.

My best last ditch effort for Bogosisn would be plekanec+gorges+1st
Or
Pacioretty+2nd

But they'd both be very hard to get the jets to accept so we are just better off sticking with what we have.

Old
07-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
ITT: Habs fans don't realize the meaning of "start with". No one is saying Bogosian is worth Galy/Subban+. It means if they are trading Bogosian, those are the players they would be interested in bringing back.

Also no thanks on the Stewart for depth pieces. Definitely not anything we need more of.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:14 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
Wants:
3rd line winger with size; like McGinn, Clifford...
[...]
Big bottom pairing D(preferably right handed); like Michael Stone, Matt Carkner...
Ward
Erskine (he's LH though)

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:19 PM
alpine4life

Quote:
Gorges
Diaz
Gionta
Moen
Desharnais
Leblanc
this is available for a no.2 DMan... better remove Gorges from there and keep focusing on two top 9 Forwards

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Ward
Erskine (he's LH though)
Very nice both would fill short term needs, we'd offer

Desharnais+
or
gionta+

Old
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Not speaking for WordUp but I think we he used the term "start with", he was meaning that those are the names that that would have to be used to start the discussion. Not that they would have to be added to, but that a GM would have to start with those kinds of names, and not a collection of 3 or more pieces in some sort of NHL13 value proposal.
This is what I meant. If they want Bogosian's name involved in a discussion, then Galchenyuk or Subban's name would have to be involved as well... unless this thread is about ways Winnipeg can be fleeced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I hate PK, but how could the reigning Norris winner have less value than Bogosian?
I'm not saying Bogosian is "worth more" than PK Subban. I'm a PK fan, I know he's valuable. I'm saying, we're not just going to throw out Bogosian for spare parts.

Quote:
Good luck signing Bogosian then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally and Chucky View Post
And here I thought our fanbase overrated the value of our own players..... Wow there Winnipeg.
We will make room and sign Bogosian... just like when PK asks for that $6-7 mil contract, you guys will make room for him.

And it's not Wow there Winnipeg, it's Wow there Wordup. I don't speak for an entire fanbase. Say my name, don't fire subliminal shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
START with?

More like you'd need to start with Bogosian to sniff out Subban, wow.
Wow. This thread... I now see what people are saying about some Habs fans on this forum. And I'm saying this as someone who also cheers for the Habs. This isn't a thread about the Jets trying to acquire Subban, the OP said he wanted to acquire Bogosian and I'm saying, unless he's on the block, we're not letting him go without overpayment. LIKE EVERY OTHER FANBASE SAYS IN THREADS WHERE POSTERS PUT THEIR TOP PLAYERS IN TRADE PROPOSALS!

Why are you guys so defensive

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:22 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

a top six winger with size, a bottom pairing defenceman with size and thrid line winger with size .. . going to take a lot to get that done.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:29 PM
TT1

available for good bottom 6 players:

Diaz
Gionta
Moen
Desharnais

available for good top 4 d-men/top 6 winger:

Plekanec
Markov
Gorges (might do gorges for mcginn if the additional piece was right and if we manage replace him from a diff trade)

our prospect pool minus beaulieu and tinordi is also available:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/montreal_canadiens/

Last edited by TT1: 07-16-2013 at 03:52 PM.
TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:34 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

...these threads never end well...hell, surprised it didn't start with gun shots...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 03:42 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

it's a tuesday blowout on HFBoards where we're asking you to supersize the Habs!

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 04:01 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Ward
Erskine (he's LH though)
Not bad. Desharnais and a late pick or mid level prospect?

Old
07-16-2013, 04:34 PM
LeHabsMan

From Habsfannick:

Desharnais+
or
gionta+

Im not alone on this.

DD is exactly what we dont need. By trading a small centre we fill 2 needs. Ward didnt do that much worse than DD this year while being physical, paid less and less term.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 07-21-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old
07-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
From Habsfannick:

Desharnais+
or
gionta+

Im not alone on this.

DD is exactly what we dont need. By trading a small centre we fill 2 needs. Ward didnt do that much worse than DD this year while being physical, paid less and less term.
The + was key though I think

Old
07-16-2013, 04:42 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
The + was key though I think
A late pick or mid level prospect? I dont think you can get a much smaller plus than that.